ѕσ, уσυ ωαηт тσ ρℓαу ωιтн мαg...

By ChaeRinYoo3

Y/N is a college teen who stumbled upon a certain TrollHunters adventure while she was kept in the dark. It a... More

How it began
A duty to hold
An unhappy welcome
A small gift
Deep in the history books and self doubts
A hangout and a long week of problems coming...
A tiny problem
Goblin Infestation
Win, Lose or Draal
To catch a... Wizard? And a Changeling!
Adventures in Trollsitting
A crazy 16th birthday
Let's play with some magic
Secrets out
The Battle of Two Bridges
A new girl on the team
A Little bit of a Magic Trick
A Team Build Up
First Trollhunter Quest
Blinky's Day Out
The Shattered King
A nightmare
Take care of you
Bowling
Wingmen
A Night to Remember
A lot to hold on
Against the law
Magic Bridge Heist
Worry
Welcome to the Darklands
A lot of conflictions
Picnic Date
Spring Break
Welcome to the Rock Show
The Fall of Trollmarket
A Night Patrol
Secrets reveal and a wanted man
Bad Coffee
Bug Infestation
Timing is Everything and a mix of D'aja Vu
A Date Night and a 1000-year old Sorceress
Magical K-I-S-S-I-N-G
Welcome to History
In this together
The Eternal Knight
A New Adventure Beginning Anew
Dogfight Days of Summer

The New Trollhunter

611 10 6
By ChaeRinYoo3

It's been weeks since Y/N knew the existence of trolls. She has been keeping the news on her side of the world and how Kanjigar has been doing. She and the trolls knew that his time would be up soon. It was around 8 AM now as she drove around. She went to go visit trollmarket today as she had a 'sick' leave. She has been training herself with a sword by Draal, and other trolls named Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!!. She was doing amazing.

Pulling up beside the bridge, and walking to the edge she passed and her eyes widened. "Oh no..." she slowly spoke in fear. Quickly rushing down and almost falling on her face, Y/N came across the piles of rocks. Scavenging through it, her fear came back up. Tears started to well up in her eyes as she picked up the stone that showed bravery on his face. "Kanjigar..." she whispered softly and hugged the stone face to herself as she cried for his passing.

As she sat on the hot cement she heard her name call out to her. Looking to her left she saw 6 eyes looking at her. "B-Blinky?" she breathed out. "Lady Y/N..." Blinky replied to her with sorrow in his voice. She walked towards him after placing down Kanjigar. Stepping close to the tunnel.

"Are you alright?" Blinky asked with hesitation in his voice. "I'll be fine. Now, that Kanjigar's... fallen. Who's the next Trollhunter?" She saw Blinky wiggling his 12 fingers clicking together. "Blinky...?" she made him sigh and looked at her with some hesitation. "Uh... the amulet suddenly chose... someone unexpected... " he smiled at her nervously and she looked at him in disbelief.

"What does that mean?!" she threw her arms up in the air. Blinky chuckled at cleared his throat. "The amulet... chose... a human. Hehe." Y/N's widened in shock and was frozen. Blinky chuckled nervously and looked everywhere but her. And that's when she lost it. "WHAT?!" Blinky cringed at her loudness. "It chose... A human?? Are you serious?" Blinky nodded and Y/N stepped back and paced back and forth with a hand to her forehead.

"Oh, this is not good. Well, this is unexpected but... we can't do anything about it."  paused and glanced at Blinky. "Do they know?" Blinky shook his head and Y/N let out a relief sigh. "Okay, I'll find this new Trollhunter. Did you hear the name?" "Yes. The amulet spoke. James Lake." James Lake? Where has she heard this before? Then it came to her.

"Oh no..." she sighed in defeat and pinched her nose. Blinky looked at her in concern. "Is something wrong?" Y/N waved her hand. "No, no. It's just James Lake. Is... my doctor's mother. I've met her son once. But I don't he remembers me." Blinky clapped his four hands together. "That is excellent news! But will you approach him?" Y/N looked deep in thought. "I don't think so. At least not yet."

Blinky nodded in understanding. "You and Aaarrrgghh look after this kid. Don't. Freak. Him. Out. And stay out of sight." Blinky saluted her and left to go back to trollmarket. Y/N sighed and went back to her car. She drove to her favorite restaurant. She needs food.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Walking inside, finding her seat near the window she let out a sigh of relief. "Well, someone seems to be in a bad mood. Bad start of the day?" a smooth British accent made her smile and looked at the waiter. "I'm fine, Doux. Just... had a weird morning. That's all." A meow attracted her attention and she looked down at Archie hopping onto her lap. "Hi, Arch." She patted his smooth fur as he leaned in for more pats.

"So, the usual?" Douxie wrote her order as she nodded. "And don't worry, it's on the house. You look like you need rest." "Thank you, Douxie. You're a lifesaver." Douxie smiled and walked away. Y/N sighed and rummaged through her bag and took out a troll book handed by Blinky. Archie hopped onto the table out of curiosity. Opening the book, and looking through it. It may be written in Troll but she was learning.

A few minutes later, her drink came. Douxie placed it down, "Here you go! One F/D! Oh, what's that you're reading? I've never seen that language before." Y/N was pretty much an actress herself and she could fool some people but not in a bad way. "A friend of mine gave me this book as a gift. He said I should try out something new." Douxie laughed, "And I wonder who said that?" Y/N shook her head and softly punched his arm.

"Go back to work, Casperan. Don't want you getting in trouble." Douxie gave her his signature smirk and walked away leaving her alone with Archie. "I hope he can do well as a Trollhunter," Y/N whispered to herself. Archie's ears perked his ears up. Y/N looked at him as they both went into a staring contest. "Tell him about this." Y/N joked and scratched behind his ears.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

"You what?!"

After spending time looking for the new Trollhunter and relaxing at the restaurant and bookstore she, Blinky, and Aaarrrgghh!!! were in his library down in trollmarket and on a Tuesday morning discussing with them about freaking Jim out.

"Well, we never thought he would be frightened." Blinky reasoned as Aaarrrgghh!!! nodded. Y/N slapped her forehead and slowly ran it down her face. "Oh my... You do realize he's going to talk about this to someone, right?" Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! glanced at each other. Y/N sighed again for like the 100th time. "What I mean is, you told me that Jim was hanging out with another friend right?" Blinky nodded confirming it. "Well, there you go, he's gonna rat you out, technically, he might and there be some problems." "Oooh." Both Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! realized it.

"Haaa... It's fine. I guess. I kinda know Toby and Jim a little since Barbara talks about them whenever I have an appointment with her. You two keep an eye on him. And please go easy." "Will do, Lady Y/N." the two trolls left the library leaving her to her thoughts.

"Oh, this is going to be hard..."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Blinky, Aaarrrgghh!!! and Y/N arrived at Jim's yard and looked through the window that shows the kitchen and saw Jim showing off his armor to his best friend. "Oh my god..." Y/N could only slap her forehead. The two continued to talk until Blinky showed up through the small window on his door. She heard the best friend freaking out until Blinky made an entrance with her following behind him.

"Master Jim!" Blinky laughed in joy as he saw how he armored his suit up. The stubby kid screamed pushing Jim forward a bit. "I'm calling 911." with fear in his voice. Then Aaarrrgghh!!! tried to go in but was stuck by the door. "No, Animal Control." He ducked and rolled behind the kitchen counter, eating his pizza and ram ling over and Y/N shook her head at the mess. 

"I apologize for this, Master Jim." she apologized to him. Jim looked at her in shock and pointed at her in confusion. "You're..." Jim started. "A human, yes." Blinky took over her place as he excitedly talked to Jim. "I knew it was a matter of time before the amulet called for us."

"'Called' to you?" Jim asked as he looked at him with confusion. "Actually, no. We've been spying on you." Blinky leaned in as if he was whispering. "Spy on you. Hehe." Aaarrrgghh!!! pointed two fingers at him and tried to get in through the doorway. "I asked them to keep an eye on you, I apologize for their... introduction last night. They were excited to meet the new Trollhunter."

Then Aaarrrgghh!!! finally came in and fell on the floor making the house tremor a bit and the three looked at him with concern. "Ugghh. Door small." Y/N came over and patted his head. "Sorry, Aaarrrgghh!!! But nobody expects a giant troll in their houses. But I'm sure we can work it out in the future." Aaarrrgghh!!! smiled with his usual goofy smile.

Then they heard the panicked person behind the counter. "Monsters, at my best friend's house! I need you to send a squad!" And Y/N could hear that the staff member was tired. And he did a double look even more panicked when he saw Aaarrrgghh!!! inside "Make that the National Guard!" And the phone made a beeping noise. "Animal Control hung up on me." Aaarrrgghh!!! came over and looked over at the counter in curiosity. While Blinky and Y/N were concerned. "You told your stout little friend about us?" Jim looked at him in confusion. "Um, is that a problem."

"Yes, it kind of is," Y/N spoke as she looked at Jim's panicked friend. Blinky went on to explain, "Master Jim, we trolls have gone to great lengths to keep our existence secret from your kind, other than Y/N, less there be panic." Then Aaarrrgghh!!! picked up Jim's friend and placed him on the counter.

He yelped and grabbed a ladle from the counter and pointed at the trolls like it was his sword and went on rambling. And Blinky cringed a little, "Like that." Jim walked up to him trying to calm his friend down. "It's alright, Tobes." Jim went on to introduce him. "This is my best friend, Toby D." Toby looked down at him with panicked eyes. He has like 800 eyes. We're gonna die." Then Blinky walked up to him as he explained. "Hardly. Your friend is the Trollhunter. His noble obligation is projective."

"Like 'protecting'?" Toby asked as he calmed down and looked down before looking back up at him with sudden excitement. " You mean like a superhero?" then Y/N answered his question, "Yes. Like a superhero." Toby got even more excited and sat down at the counter. "Oh, can I be his sidekick? With a cool superhero name like Deathblade or Snipersnake?" Blinky and Y/N glanced at each other and before they could answer Jim interrupted them.

"Just wait. Who would I be protecting?" Right, Jim has questions that needed to be answered probably. Y/N stepped and took the stage. "Jim, you will be protecting trolls like Aaarrrgghh!!! and Blinky and mankind. From bad trolls." Blinky nodded and continued for her. "As well as goblins, gruesomes, and the occasional rogue gnome." Toby suddenly tapped his hard stoned body with his ladel annoying Blinky. He turned his 3 eyes at him. " Do you mind?"

Toby looked at him with surprise and dropped the ladle on the floor. And Blinky continued, "The mantle of Trollhunter is a sacred responsibility, one which has never been passed to a human before." And Blinky got real close to his face that Jim might be able to smell his stinky breath, "This is a momentous occasion."

Jim just looked at him shocked until a car honked and Jim looked through the reflection of the back door and panicked. "Oh, it's my mother!" Jim then gestured for everyone to follow him. "Upstairs, quick!" Aaarrrgghh!!! questioned what mother was and everyone cluttered inside the bathroom and the door was slammed shut.

"Jim? It's me." Y/N placed a hand on her forehead. Worst timing, Mrs Lake. "She's not supposed to be home until midnight." "Well, I'm afraid we have to stay in... here until Mrs Lake leaves." Suddenly, Aaarrrgghh!!! inhales deeply and makes a goofy look. "You smell like cat." And looked at Toby with hunger on his face. "Aaarrrgghh!!! Please." And Toby just casually answered slowly, "My nana has a Siamese." "Tasty..." And Aaarrrgghh!!! made a hungry look making Toby cringe. "Trolls eat anything other than human food, Toby," Y/N explained to him making him wide-eyed and slowly looking at him. "Noted..."

They heard Mrs Lake behind the door and said she had forgotten her phone. Jim panicked when his mother was behind the door asking if he was okay. Jim gestured to his friend to make up something to cover this up. And Toby grabbed a toilet cleaner as Jim suddenly came up with an excuse. "Um, I'm fine. I mean, my stomach's a little, um..." And he turned to Toby making farting noises with the cleaner in the toilet and Y/N looking at it in disgust but what else are they supposed to do?

"Uh, you know, I might have a food poisoning situation." Then they heard Mrs Lake walk away to get some medicine for him. At least they got time and Jim could finally let out a sigh of relief. He looked down at his chest to see the amulet glowing softly. "Okay, what's going on?" He turned to Y/N and Blinky. Y/N went on to explain how the amulet works. "It reacts to your emotional state." And Blinky joined in as Toby turned off the lights and looked at the glowing amulet, "And you appear to be in some distress." "You think?" Jim questioned. Y/N nodded at him and saw Aaarrrgghh!!! messing with the lights until Toby slapped his stone arm away.

"I have another question." Blinky allowed him, "Speak, Theodore." And getting his name wrong. "It's Toby, actually. Or Tobias." And slapped Aaarrrgghh!!!'s arm away when he played with the lights again. "If Jim's the first human Trollhunter, like you said, then who or what was the Trollhunter before him?" Blinky opened his mouth but looked at Y/N as she looked at him with no sadness wavering over her.

"It's best if Lady Y/N talks about this." Y/N looked at him and then at the kids waiting for an answer. She sighed and answered Toby's answer, "The amulet has been passed from troll to troll for hundreds of years, as I heard, since Camelot." Then Jim asked a question that he thought was logical, "So, the previous Trollhunter, what, retired?" Y/N looked down, "I wish..." and Aaarrrgghh!!! spoke for her in a sad voice.

"Was felled," Jim repeated his words and Aaarrrgghh!!! explained it shorter and what it means since normally they don't say dead. Blinky continued cautiously as he made a demonstration. "Turned to stone and smashed." And Jim looks like his life has flashed before his eyes. As Y/N spoke with a stronghold in her voice.

"Kanjigar the Courageous was his name. He fought against this ruthless troll, Bular. Many trolls would say slained and that's what I would say too... But I think he sacrificed himself for the better of us." Then Toby placed a hand on his best friend's shoulder to calm him but of course, Blinky made it worse. And Jim slid against the bathroom door with his hands on his head.

 "This is going to be such an adventure."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Once Jim's mom left, Aaarrrgghh!!! and Blinky made themselves comfortable as Aaarrrgghh!!! struggled to fit in and complained about how his 'cave' was small because he kept bumping into things. Jim and Toby picked up the things with Y/N helping them. And Blinky came up to Jim asking if he was ready to take on his training. Jim started explaining to him that he was just a kid and had a life with school and other things that didn't involve trolls or magic.

And Blinky asked for his reason and Jim said he didn't want to die and Blinky only laughed it off. Jim took out the amulet from his pocket and placed it in Blinkt's hand. And Blinky tried to reason with him and they both got into a small game of them trying to let them keep the amulet until Y/N grabbed the amulet. "Let me Blinky." She walked up to Jim who looked at her with fear and nervousness waving over.

"Jim. You must understand something. Once the amulet has chosen who it's next Trollhunter is... There is no going back.  Once it chooses someone, you can't return it, give it back, or pass it on to another troll. It's yours until you fall. It's permanent." But Jim didn't take it. "But even so! I would like to go get a little further past puberty before that happens." Y/N grabbed his hand and placed the amulet back to him and covered it with his other hand as Blinky went to explain.

"Master Jim, you are now responsible for the protection of two worlds, human and troll alike. If you do not keep the balance, evil trolls like Bular will come into yours and wreak havoc." "You're saying this Bular could hurt people?" And Y/N nodded at that and Aaarrrgghh!!! didn't make it better. "Like you." And Blinky turned to him as to signal him to be quiet. "Not. Helping!" And Jim, out of curiosity asked what he meant.

Y/N spoke to him calmly as she told him, "With the amulet now in your possession, Jim, Bular will seek you out, and you will have him soon." "One way or another," Blinky exclaimed. Then Toby joined in as he explained and backed up his best friend. "Maybe what Jim needs is a little time to process all of this. You know, you laid a lot of heavy stuff on him tonight."

"That's true. It's best if we start his training another day, after all. Jim is the first human Trollhunter in history." Y/N joined in and Blinky only sighed. "Fine, fine. We shall return tomorrow then, to begin your training." "Awesome sauce." Toby cheered and it was time for Blinky, Aaarrrgghh!!! and Y/N to return home. Toby looked around to see if the coast was clear. He turned to Aaarrrgghh!!! and took some VHS and Aaarrrgghh!!! happily munched on them.

Toby then tried to help Aaarrrgghh!!! get out and Blinky and Y/N looked at Jim leaning against the doorway, behind them looking at his amulet. Y/N nudged Blinky and made a gesture to talk to him. "Master Jim, if I may... Destiny is a gift. Some go their entire lives living existences of quiet desperation, never learning the truth that what feels as though a burden pushing down upon our shoulders is actually a sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights. Never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor, that to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what means to be a hero. Don't think, Master Jim. Become." Jim gave him a small smile but looked down. "Would you at least consider?" Jim came up to him and fisted his three arms as if saying he'd consider it making Blinky smile.

"Let's go, Blink." Aaarrrgghh!!! looked around to see if anyone was watching and hopped over the fence grabbed Blinky's head as he waved goodbye. "They're pretty stealthy." Toby watched them leave, with sarcasm in his voice. Y/N looked at them with a chuckle and spoke to them both, "Now, that you have a free night, Blinky and Aaarrrgghh!!! will take you to their home to begin your training. I won't be there and I have to go home soon."

Before Y/N could use the front door Toby suddenly stopped her, "Wait, wait, wait you didn't tell us how you got tangled up with trolls. That supposedly was kept to be a secret. Y/N could only sigh, "Well, I only found out about their existence a few weeks back. When I first met Kanjigar and Bular fighting one another." Toby continued on with some hesitation, "So this Bular guy... is he that good?" Y/N stayed quiet, "That's up to your imagination. Make sure you stay focused at school tomorrow. Don't cause trouble."

Y/N left the house and started to walk back. Jim and Toby only watched from the window. "Well, she was weird." Jim only looked at his friend with a side-eye.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Y/N had reached her destination and she saw someone hanging around her house. It was dark and she couldn't make out what it was. "Y/N! Where have you been?" she let out a sigh of relief when she saw it was just Douxie and Archie. "I was texting and calling you for a while now." Y/N only chuckled and took her keys out. "Sorry, my battery died. Anyways, come in. You don't usually visit at this time of night."

"I wanted to talk with you about the book you were reading back at the restaurant." Douxie made himself comfortable on the couch and saw that the book was on the coffee table. "Why are you interested in all of a sudden?" Archie hopped onto her kitchen counter wearing an ear rub from her. "Well, let's say... It was eye-catching." Douxie looked over his shoulder with a smirk and Y/N chuckled.

Y/N: "Since it's so late. Why don't you and Archie stay over? I have the guest room all setup." Douxie nodded grateful for the offer. Very grateful. She smiled back and said she was going to bed early.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Once Y/N was in bed fast asleep. Archie came over and checked up on her before going back to Douxie. "She's fast asleep right now." The cat now stood on his two paws and put his glasses on. Douxie nodded and opened the book and he skimmed and scanned through it. Archie came over and looked at the book from behind Douxie. "This book proves that she is associated with trolls," Archie stated the obvious making Douxie nervous.

"Yes, Archie. I could tell that. But how and why?" Douxie questioned himself and Archie. "Well, we both know she isn't a sorceress. Just normal college student." Douxie didn't take it very well. "Well, I can't leave her alone with all these dangers. You said that new Trollhunter is a human right?" Archie nodded his confirmation.

"Well, I hope this new Trollhunter will do good. And as for Y/N..." He looked over at her doorway to see her sleeping form making him smile softly. "I'll find something that should help."

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 764 22
𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟷: 𝐓𝐰𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟...
71.8K 757 29
After years of jealousy, Rachel is yet again trying to steal killua away from y/n. Will she succeed? (TO CLARIFY YOU AND KILLUA ARE 23 IN THE STORY)
35.5K 1K 21
Y/N is the niece of Walter Stricklander, they go deep into a jungle into a hidden temple which held a ancient troll assassin named 'Angor Rot'. Walte...
3.5K 121 11
You have lived in the dark lands since your beginning. the surface was too warm and the cold in this place is perfect. Barely anyone lives here well...