Loving the Fallen

Af Annielovestowrite

"The world may try to tear us apart, but we promise you this- our love for you will always conquer any obstac... Mere

Important
Chapter one: the Handler
Chapter two: sold to the Fallen
Chapter three: new friend
Chapter four: new reality
Chapter five: Lord Ries
Chapter six: the other humans
Chapter seven: questioning
Chapter eight: tension
Chapter nine: mistake
Chapter ten: punishment
Chapter eleven: avoidance
Chapter twelve: unintelligent
Chapter thirteen: the cells
Chapter fifteen: vampire lord
Chapter sixteen: embarrassed
Chapter seventeen: Hunters Festival
Chapter eighteen: the hunt
Chapter nineteen: warning
Chapter twenty: offer
Chapter twenty one: lies
Chapter twenty two: escape
Chapter twenty three: familiar
Chapter twenty four: calming
Chapter twenty five: late
Chapter twenty six: emotions
Chapter twenty seven: freckles
Chapter twenty eight: fight
Chapter twenty nine: plan

Chapter fourteen: wine bottles

120 6 0
Af Annielovestowrite

Laelynn's point of view

When I told Lord Ries about the vampire king being here, his mood went from whatever it was to being irritated. Still, he shockingly didn't act mean to me as I expected him to.

When he left that bathroom, once again in his naked glory, he told me to go take a bath because I was coming with him to the meeting.

Why? I had no clue.

Maybe he didn't want to leave me alone in his room.

I finished my shower and walked to the main bedroom, wondering what outfit I was getting today. I was surprised to see a cute sun dress laid out on the bed.

No lace, no satin, no revealing lingerie. It was a dress.

A normal dress.

My mouth fell open as I picked it up and felt the material. It was yellow and had daisies scattered all over it. It was a long sleeved dress, which was great because it was pretty cold to expose my arms.

"Why do you look so surprised?" Lord Ries spoke for the first time this morning.

"Are you sure this is for me?" I asked him.

"You want to wear that black lingerie I bought for you?" He asked me with raised eyebrows. I blinked.

Absolutely not.

"Stop questioning my decisions. I'm already doing that to myself." He added, picking up my collar. I never took the time to appreciate just how beautiful it looked. Encrusted with rows of diamonds that I could only guess were real, a thick layer of leather and another softer material that made sure my neck didn't bruise.

Most of the other pets got leather collars instead.

I quickly wore a bra and panties before sliding the pretty dress on. Lord Ries kept his eyes on his own reflection while I dressed up.

"I'm done." I said, making him turn to look at me. His lips parted when he looked at me, not seeming to have any words. Almost instantly, he looked away and cleared his throat.

"It fits." He only said. "Very good."

He walked over to me and clipped my collar on, then he grabbed a hairbrush and brushed my hair down. I didn't fight him, too busy trying to figure out why he was being so different.

I need to leave before I end up liking it here.

"Thank you for the dress." I mumbled after he brushed my hair. He turned around and walked away after nodding at me.

"There's some flats over there if you don't want heels. I'll get you more stuff when I have time." He said, pointing to a pair of black flats. I felt like wearing heels today, especially with how beautiful I felt.

I was dressed like I was going to a lunch party. Even the collar looked like a fancy choker.

So I picked the heels and when I wore them we left his room. I didn't miss the stares that Lord Ries and I received from people as I walked a few paces behind him.

Everyone who saw him bowed in respect, but he didn't seem to acknowledge any of them. He was probably tired of always being greeted whenever he walked by.

We walked to an area that looked like a conference room. It had a long rectangular table with probably twenty chairs lined up on each side. Surrounding the table was large seating areas with pillows. One could immediately tell that it was for pets to sit on.

Lord Ries stopped, making me stop behind him. "Lord Baron, what do I owe the pleasure?" He greeted. I peeked behind him, seeing a tall old male.

Vampire.

He was nearly as tall as Lord Ries, but he was definitely older. His matte black hair had grey strands forming on it. His red eyes had bags under them, which were nearly impossible to miss because of his pale complexion. The vampire was lean, almost skinny, and his cheeks were defined.

He looked deceased.

Next to him stood a beautiful young lady, immediately being recognizable as a pet. She had nice blue eyes, dull red hair, and equally red freckles dusting her face. Her petite body was covered by a tiny black dress, and she had a red collar around her neck.

She smiled at me when our eyes met, and I waved at her.

She looked healthy. No bruises, and she was a nice weight.

I stared at the vampire Lord, and he looked at me, making me quickly duck behind my master.

"I wanted to speak to you about something important. Something you are aware of."

Was this about Zachary?

"I'm listening." Lord Ries only said.

"I heard you've stolen from one of my vampires. Zachary, also known as The Handler. His territory was taken, and his humans fled."

The girls were free?

Does that mean that if Orion had picked another girl... I would be free too?

"The building he was using is inside my territory. I was simply taking back what's mine. The humans were of no use to me, I had to let them free."

The Vampire Lord sighed, "Perhaps we should take a seat and have our pets get to know each other. This conversation is far from over."

"Very well." I heard Lord Ries say. He turned to me, "There's stairs over there that lead to a mini bar. Go ahead and take Lord Baron's pet with you." He patted my head before walking away with the vampire, making me furrow my brows.

Did he just pet me like I'm his cat?

I chose to ignore it and turned to look at the girl, asking her to follow me. We went upstairs, walking into a beautiful mini bar.

Holy cow, how rich was Lord Ries?

One wall was a shelf full of different types of alcohol, from rich wine to smooth whiskey. There was a countertop with glasses on top, and there were brown leather chairs facing them. On the other side of the bar, there was a hot tub bubbling loudly. There was also a seating area with a large television. The whole place looked like the perfect relaxation spot.

"This place is fantastic." I heard the girl saying.

"It is..." I agreed, nodding slowly. She looked at me and started laughing, making me turn to her in confusion.

"Sorry, you look like you're seeing this place for the first time. You're absolutely mesmerized." She said, smiling softly.

That's because it is my first time.

I circled around the bar table to read the selection of alcohol that was on the shelves. Alcohol was a delicacy where I'm from. It was rare to get your hands on it. Because of that, I've never even tried it.

I picked up a bottle with a purplish liquid. Dry red wine, it said.

But it's purple.

"I heard wine tastes really good." The girl said to me. I looked at the bottle, wondering if I would get in trouble for drinking some of it.

"I want to taste it." I admitted out loud.

"You should probably put that back."

I ignored her, grabbing a glass and popping the bottle cap off. I poured the wine, the smell of fruit and something else that I didn't know filling the air.

"We'll get into trouble."

I poured a second glass and pushed it to her, not saying a word. She stared at it while I picked my glass up and gave it a sniff, quickly pulling back. "Interesting smell..."

The girl laughed and picked the glass up, lifting it in the air. "Okay, just this once. If I get into trouble, we're blaming you."

I laughed and nodded. We both lifted the glasses and took a big gulp. It was sweet... But bitter? No, not bitter, but... Gross. But also delicious.

It was delicious but gross.

"Ew..." The girl voiced out her opinion. "This is nasty."

"I thought it tasted better than this." I said honestly. "Let's try whiskey."

Whiskey was worse.

"Vodka?"

Vodka tasted outrageous.

"Gin?"

We basically attacked that shelf, trying anything and everything that had a different color or name. We even mixed a few, but that didn't end up being very tasty. My vision started getting hazy, and my mind made me form weird words and sentences.

I felt like I was dreaming, like I wasn't even real.

I fell on the floor, I think. I couldn't tell. I felt extremely happy for some reason, which was weird because I didn't have much to be happy about.

"You're my best friend, Tiffany." I shouted, laughing out loud.

"You loser. My name is Amber!" The girl gasped somewhere in the room.

She snorted, and I cackled at the way her laugh sounded.

"You know what? You're my best friend, Amber."

Hope you enjoyed
Vote| Comment |Share

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

2K 127 56
A war between two kingdoms cause chaos all over the world and it tears each kingdom apart piece by piece. The east, having problems with their consec...
14.2K 457 58
Alice lived an abusive life. She'd tend to her cuts and bruises every night. She was fine with her life as long as she knew that he would come back f...
194 23 39
Wren Williams has a good life. She has a great job working for a boss that she adores, supportive friends that she's known forever, and a long term...
13.5K 1.6K 28
Vampires exist. And they live amongst us, hidden within the shadows and right under our noses. They are beautiful, forbidden beasts; everything I've...