NOSTALGIA ? - S2Brakey...

By iansrecess

šŸŒŠ . . obsessive jakey ( river ) x bryan @ not toxic . . i think... More

LOG
CAUGHT IN THE ACT
LOVE ) I
DEVOTED ) II
BEMUSED ) III
AVE
FOND
DECEIVER
RIVETING

OPPOSING

47 13 2
By iansrecess

/ DELUSION .

Face To Face.

"So apparently, you're not the only one that's coming after me." I spoke out, glaring at the girl who now stood in front of me.

Nuri's lips curved into a sly smirk, she had all intentions to mess with me.

"Why are you surprised?" She stepped forward, challenging my patience's. "You know what you did-"

"It was a setup." I immediately cut her off.

Her smile dropped, eyebrows pressed slightly together. She was irritated now.

"It was not.." She looked away, letting out a small grunt. "Nevermind."

She crossed her arms, eyes locking with mine. "Who exactly came after you anyway?" Nuri questioned.

I felt myself shrug. "I don't know." I answered.

"He didn't get to introduce himself. I just know he was clearly looking for ME before I took care of the situation." I spat bitterly.

Her eyebrows raised, her face shifting from: concern, confusion, irritation and confusion again.

"What do by you mean you have 'taken care of..?" She asked until she let out a loud gasp.

"Did you.. did you kill him?"

I felt my body tense.

Assumptions much?

"No!" I blurted out, raising my eyebrows as well as placing a hand on my hip. "What do you think I am?" I asked her.

"I'm not a.. murderer..." I quietly said.

I exhaled before straightening my posture. "I.. knocked him down."

Nuri didn't look like anything else but SKEPTICAL, she had her eyebrow raised. "Right.."

I uttered out a sigh of irritation. "I really just knocked him down, okay?"

I let out a breathless and cold chuckle, my body tensed.

"I'm just scared, seeing how many people are gonna show up now." I stated.

She pursed her lips, looking away and staying silent for a moment.

Nuri looked at me again, though she wasn't smiling.

"Well.. y'know, I can help you River." She suggested, placing her arms behind her back and walking closer.

"If you just let me out." Nuri mumbled.

Oh.

I shook my head. "You know that's never gonna happen." I declared.

"Not today, at least." I added on.

She let out a deep sigh. "Why not?"

She questioned softly. "Why can't it be today?"

Nuri put on a small smile. "I know you River," she started. "You're a.. You're a good person." She complimented me.

I looked down at the at the ground.

What?

I furrowed my brows.  'A good person?'

Huh.

I looked up almost slowly and started to walk away.

"No, no! River— no!" I heard Nuri yell at me. "No, come back! Please!"

Her voice faded as I walked up the steps.

I stepped out and the sunlight hit my face, I saw the blue sky.

A wave of relief went over me.

Sorry, Nuri. Can't let you go yet.

But I promise to be a good person! And do all the good things!

    Sounds good?

I took out my SAPPHIRE AMULET and took out my pet dragon.

I rubbed his head, it felt like leather.

I climbed on steadily and gave Blu the signal to fly away.

I flew down slowly, my eyes scanning everything, all I saw were trees.

As I was lowering down closer to the ground to get a better view of where the camp is, I heard a female voice. She sounded confused.

"Oh?" I muttered out. Telling Blu to land over to where the girl is.

She let out a sound of confusion, but also sounding shock.

"Are you okay?" I questioned steadily hopping off of my dragon.

She looked like she was in a daze. "Umm..."

"I'm.. okay." She mumbled, backing away.

She was probably scared.

The girl has red marks on her face with black hair, and she has heterochromia. Her eyes were a VIBRANT blue and green.

Blu then started walking around, closer to her to be exact.

She let out a shout.

I quickly apologized, trying to get Blue under control. "I'm sorry, this is just my dragon.. Xiao Qing, y'know: Blu."

I put blue inside the AMULET and let out a deep breath.

I turned to the girl. "Um.." I stared at her, she looked scared.

"Are you okay? I saw you running." I asked the girl.

She gave a nervous smile. "I think I was being chased by some sort of.. um Oni? But I'm okay now." She answered.

"I lost them, I think." The girl added afterwards.

I stood next to her and looked down the ravine, staring to see if I spotted anything but I didn't.

I landed my eyes on her again and gave her a smile. "Okay well, that's— that's good. I just y'know," I tried to explain. "I was just.. literally going back to.. camp... area." I tried my best to word this correctly.

The English is not Englishing at the moment.

"Is camp nearby?" She questioned.

I nodded immediately. "The camp is just like— um, somewhere in front," I brung my hand up and pointed towards a direction. "Not too far away from now." I winced at my grammar.

"Uh.. from here" I corrected myself.

She nodded, appreciating my help. "I was just completely lost, so.. I don't even know where I am." She placed a hand behind her neck, scratching it.

She looked embarrassed.

"Well.. this is um..." I was trying to figure out how to respond. "You're almost to the CAMP OASIS area." I told her before flinching out of realization.

"I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself! So rude for meeting new people. I'm sorry." I rambled on, feeling uneasy for not introducing myself.

Not a good thing, Jakey.

She gave a small laugh, picking at her white sleeve.

"Hi, I am.. uh, I am Jakey! Call me Jakey." I ushered out.

"I mean, I have a Chinese name.. but y'know." I mumbled, not really caring if she could hear me or not.

The girl laughed softly. "Uh, nice to meet you Jakey. I'm Mania." She greeted herself, waving as well.

It took me a few seconds to process what she said. "Mania!" I called out, which made her flinch a bit.

"Uh.. yes?" She sounded concerned.

I clapped my hands twice, having a grin on my face. "That name—" I trailed off. "I saw Mani— are you the Mania that.. that I sent an invitation to?" I questioned her.

She squinted. "Invitation? What invitation?" She gave a nervous smirk.

"Oh- like, uh. The invitation to the camp! That's why you're here!" I answered, before noticing the confused look on her face. "Right?"

She opened her mouth but no words came out, like she was trying to remember it. "I mean.. I don't.. I-I don't know." She shrugged.

"Yeah.. had a dream, told to come to a place called: CAMP O— oh. Oh okay." Mania stopped herself. "I guess- yeah- I'm supposed to be here, I guess." She gave another laugh.

I nodded. "Yeah! Y'know, CAMP OASIS. I.. uh, one of the counselors, and y'know—" I let her know, smiling fondly. "It use to be for the GREEK people but.. uh y'know, since I joined and other people from... different worlds, and demigods and everything." I gave a deep breath.

"We kind of like.. expanded the camp! And now there's this, Asian pantheons portion of the camp." I started to ramble as she listened to me.

"And I was in charge of it, so I was recruiting people and I sent out invitations to any potential ASIAN PANTHEONS,"

"Mostly JAPANESE.. don't ask why." I mumbled, but it was loud enough for her to hear so she laughed.

I put both of my hands on my hips. "But, um.. I have the camp, everything's set up, and.."  I dropped my hands back to my side.

"I was just expecting uh.. anyone to show up." I added on. "And here you are!" I gestured to her happily.

"Obviously I wasn't expecting you to come from the entrance.." I placed my arms behind my back as I continued to speak.

"You kinda.. ended up in a bit of a pickle." I winced at my wording, but she laughed. "And you showed up here." I turned my head to look at all of the trees and vines that were surrounding us.

"But, I'm glad you're fine and you made it here." I told her.

"As you know; the camp is very safe. There's kinda like a border, that will save you from.. most of the monsters." I reminded. "So you won't be chased." I quickly added.

"What were you being chased by again?" I questioned.

She scratched her cheek. "Uh, an Oni."

"An Oni.. oh, okay." I nodded slowly. "I think I might've heard of that."

"But, uhm, how are you feeling?" I asked. "I know I just like— dumped a bunch of information. You seem like you're a little bit.. lost, Mania."

"Oh! I mean, you're information computed completely.." She put her hands behind her back. "I was just completely lost in my location." Mania pursed her lips together.

"Well um.." I started to trail off. "Would you like to come to the camp?" I questioned her.

"Yeah!" Mania nodded.

"I know— you did get an invitation, right?" I asked her to make sure, which made her shrug.

"Uh.. no I didn't get an invitation," she confirmed.

I pursed my lips, trying to think of the possibilities. "That's so weird." I uttered.

"Maybe you didn't get the... I definitely sent out an invitation to someone.." I scratched my neck.

"I probably left home before it showed up, so.." She suggested.

"Well, destiny, huh?" I joked.

I started to gaze off into the distance, the sunlight slightly blocking my view so I raised my hand. "Y'know, you still ended up here." I stared at her again.

I dropped my arms behind my back again. "Well, if you're.." I thought about what I was gonna say. "Even though you didn't see the invitation, would you like to still come to camp?" I asked.

"At least?" I pleaded.

I really needed people to talk to, specifically some in the ASIAN PANTHEON.

I quickly realized how weird I sounded.. to me at least. "Not that we're making you stay, but like.." I heard her give a breathy laugh.

"You don't have to but.. you should come check it out and see for yourself!" I explained.

Mania clasped her hands together and placed them over her abdomen.

"Yeah.." She said. "I have nowhere else to go right now, so.. probably the best place to be!"

"Alright!" I cheered excitedly. "Um, well I guess you can follow me." I started to walk along the grassy path.

"Before you go, you might wanna grab your saddle." She said suddenly.

I raised my eyebrows before looking next to me, soon after flinching in realization.

"Did I drop it?" I rushed over to grab it.

How did I not realize that..

"Thank you so much!" I thanked the ravenette as I picked up the saddle. "You're so nice!"

I backed up from the spot and laughed a bit, she did as well.

"I have tons of saddles anyway, so.." I muttered under my breath.

"Yeah." Mania responded in an understanding tone.

As we started to walk, the leaves and trees started to get closer, having to push aside some vines as well.

"Uh.. it shouldn't be to far from here. Um.." I stated. I heard her follow behind me.

We continued to walk towards the camp, hearing sticks break as we stepped on them accidentally.

"Alright, we have arrived at the.. ASIAN PANTHEON session.. of the camp." I stopped in my tracks and gestured to the buildings that stood in front of us.

Mania gazed at it, like she was admiring it.

I was looking as well until I saw the arena. "If you can see, there's also this like.. kind of arena." I explained blankly.

I quickly changed my demeanor to be more cheerful, I had to make a good a good impression.

She grimaced at the building. "Oh goodness." She sounded frightened.

I squinted my eyes to look at it more. "Where.. y'know campers of— from the different worlds, we come together and we.." I trailed off to try and make it not sound bad.

"..fight... to the DEATH." I stared at her as her jaw dropped in shock.

That sounded bad.

She stuttered, not being able to form words.

"No, we don't." I quickly added, brushing it off as a joke and her face turned to a relief expression as she let out a small laugh.

"We don't.. we have TRIALS. and the spells makes it look that you die." I explained to her and she kept laughing, maybe it cause of how unserious I sounded.

Mania nodded along. "Oh, okay."

"But you don't really.. die." I finished speaking, pursing my lips.

She placed a hand on her chest and she stopped laughing. "Had me worried there for a second there."

I gave a sly smile. "Yeah.. so TRIALS a thing, y'know." I started to explain as I stepped back a few to walk around the camp, she followed.

"Y'know, there's different TRIALS. We just all want you guys to learn and be better and especially : learn from different cultures." I explained, letting her take in the information.

We walked in front of a DOJO, which immediately caught my attention. "Oh! Uh.. You must be wondering what's this uh.." I mumbled off. "This tall building over here." I said afterwards.

"Yeah." Mania replied, and I took that as a chance to talk about it.

"This is just simply, um.. a building where we focus on our training skills, battling a bit." I stated while walking into the dojo.

"Learning about combat." I said.

"Oh." She mumbled, stepping inside as well. Looking at the place, our voice echoed throughout the building.

"And just doing things together!" I explained, looking at her.

She was admiring the dojo.

"Obviously right now, you're one of the first to arrive." Mania looked at me after I said that. "Um.. I'm sure there will be more—" I cut myself off shaking my head.

"I sent out a lot of invitations. But I excepted only 10 PERCENT to reply." I clasped my hands. "That's the usual number."

"Oh." She replied, intrigued.

"I've done my calculations," I told her while slowly walking out, knowing she'd follow.

"I like math. Y'know? Mathematics. Fun." I said with a monotone, barley being serious.

Mania followed. "Oh, math is totally fun." She went along with it.

I nodded. "Yeah!" I suddenly shouted and walked closer to my office.

"Us Asians just like to do it, right?" I let out a wheeze, covering my mouth. She laughed too.

I stopped and turned around, I stood next to my office door and looked at her. "Anyway, as I said; I'm the counselor." I reminded the black haired girl.

I cleared my throat since it was starting to become hard to speak.

Mania looked at the sign above it. "Oh!"

I placed my arms behind my back. "Uh, this is my office. JAKEYS office. Or you can refer to it as my CHINESE name." I told her.

"Which I haven't introduced yet.. but uh, I don't think you'll be able to— a lot of people can't.." I started to stutter, which made me irritated.

"My Chinese name is : Áo Jiāng Hé." I introduced myself in my Chinese name.

"Which, Jiāng Hé means River, so—" I stopped myself, my eyes narrowing. "But don't call me River. Some people do, but don't." I said blankly.

Mania giggled.

"Jakey, that's the name." I reminded her.

"Alright." She nodded her head in agreement.

I nodded as well. "You got it? You got the name?"

Do I sound weird?

"You just come to find Jakey, if you need something, y'know?" I said, walking inside of my office.

"This is just my office. Just uh, come find me." I heard her step inside. "I will be here during office hours."

"And I will be here to help you, with everything." I explained to Mania. "I know you're very overwhelmed right now." I told her. "With all the new stuff."

We locked eyes with each other. "You didn't even get an invitation, you just got dragged into this camp." I said understandably and she nodded with a small smile.

"So.. I want you to feel at home." Placing my hands on my hips. "I want you to just take some time."

Mania didn't say anything.

"Other people haven't arrived yet, so.. uh.. don't know when they're gonna be here. But I assume there gonna be on time, 'cause they should be."

I began to walk again. "Don't take too long, right?"

"Mhm." She said.

I walked around the couch and headed back outside. "Uh, but! I want you to take some time, get some rest and get used to the place." I explained to her, she followed me outside. "Explore this ASIAN PANTHEON part.. uh, a bit."

"I know it's very JAPANESE." I said as an apology but changed my demeanor. "I— I think it suits you, it seems like, y'know, you are.." I trailed off. "I think you'll feel right at home." I smiled at her, and she returned the favor.

I stared off into the distance. "I intentionally made this place a little been more Japanese, than any other Asian culture." I took a break and gave a small sigh, my mouth was becoming dry.

"Yeah.. you're wondering why I didn't go with the Chinese culture but.. y'know." I muttered.

She laughed again.

I shrugged. "Most of the people I invited are JAPANESE.. so I thought.."

She nodded.

"Just to make them feel— Obviously I know this place well, I don't need it to feel like home." I rambled.

Mania stared off into the distance, looking at the buildings.

"There are many cabins out there, as you can see. Far far away." I told her.

"Just feel free to pick one, y'know? Pick one of the cabins." I looked at her when I said that and she stared back. "If there's no sign on it.. claim it, call it your home and.. you can just move in," I began to explain to Mania.

"Get your bed, decorate, and whatever you want." I scratched the side of my neck. "Uh.. as long as it doesn't cause an explosion, or a fire, don't flood the place, don't do any of that."

She giggled again, placing a hand over her mouth.

"Obviously, I still don't know what you're fully capable of. But just, y'know.. control." I stated, seriously.

I let out a sigh, looking around the area. "There are rules, and I will go through the detailed rules with you again but, for now, just relax, find a place."

"And then when you're all settled, I will talk to you and we will all get to know— and we will just, y'know-" I cut myself off again.

"Obviously you have to make sure you really want to stay at this camp, for a little bit." I rambled on. "And then you let me know, and then! We will do stuff together, y'know? Be a happy family." I said playfully.

She nodded.

"Anyway, welcome aboard." I said, and her smile widened.

"Once again; nice to meet you, Mania. So nice to see you." I brung my hand out for her to shake.

She grabbed my hand and we shook them. "Nice to meet you too, Jakey."

I nodded. "Yeah!" I said too loudly and dropped my hand, bringing it back to my side. "Well, I guess I'm just gonna let you.. um, explore a little bit!"

Mania perked up at that.

Maybe she's excited.

"There's other parts you can explore. Uh.. but, if you're unsure you can also wait—" I rubbed my eyes, starting to get tired. "If you wanna come to me for a proper tour of other parts of the camp." I clapped hands together and placed them in front of my abdomen.

"But for now I'm just gonna let you settle down, y'know. You must be tired, you're being chased, you need rest." I stated firmly, Mania snickered.

I stared at her. "If you need food, I could cook some for you. I hope you..— I mean, I'm good at cooking all kinds of food. Mostly Chinese, but I can do all kinds of things."

I shrugged subconsciously. "Um. I just wanna make sure you are feeling.. great!" I stated, and she nodded.

"You're being well fed, and y'know.. You feel at home."

"Mhm." Mania rubbed her eye with the bottom of her palm.

"Alright." I said afterwards. Before shaking my head. "Alright so! Y'know, enough of my talking.. I talk too much already." I laughed and she walked down the path, chuckling as well.

"Okay, nice to see you again." I backed up into my office. "See you soon!"

Mania began to walk away. "Yeah! See you!"

"Alright." I mumbled to myself as I watched her turn to a different path.

See, Nuri is right!

   I am a good person.

I just helped someone settle down at camp.

I wonder who needs my help next..

Maybe, another new camper?

/     END OF OPPOSING   . 

Face to Face.     —      OVER )1

                   🌊         🍷

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 9.1K 52
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
1.9M 97.3K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...
438K 18.3K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...