PERFECT TWO! ricky bowen

By niallhoranslovebot

―❝ 'Cause you're the one for me (for me). And I'm the one for you (for you). You take the both of us (of us)... More

INTRODUCTION!
PLAYLIST+GRAPHICS!
ACT ONE: wildcats
CHAPTER ONE, first day of junior year
CHAPTER TWO, the i think i kinda you know song
CHAPTER THREE, operation troy
CHAPTER FOUR, wondering
CHAPTER FIVE, the voicemail & conversations
CHAPTER SIX, blocking
CHAPTER SEVEN, homecoming
CHAPTER EIGHT, acoustic solo & compliments
CHAPTER NINE, truth, justice & songs in our key
CHAPTER TEN, thanksgiving
CHAPTER ELEVEN, high school musical; the chooiscal
CHAPTER TWELVE, el ray theater
CHAPTER THIRTEEN, tech rehearsal
CHAPTER FOURTEEN, tech rehearsal part 2
CHAPTER FIFTEEN, opening night of hsm part one
CHAPTER SIXTEEN, opening night of hsm part two
ACT TWO: just for a moment
CHAPTER ONE, winter break
CHAPTER TWO, new years eve party
CHAPTER THREE, you can come to me
CHAPTER FOUR, celebration dinner
CHAPTER FIVE, valentine's day
CHAPTER SIX, snow storm
CHAPTER SEVEN, the quinceaΓ±ero
CHAPTER EIGHT, yes, and
CHAPTER NINE, home
CHAPTER TEN, the field trip
CHAPTER ELEVEN, the dance-off
CHAPTER TWELVE, most likely to
CHAPTER THIRTEEN, a confession & two break-ups
CHAPTER FOURTEEN, when they go low we go high
CHAPTER FIFTEEN, sleepovers & broadway transformation
CHAPTER SIXTEEN, beauty and the beast
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN, something there i didn't see before
ACT THREE: love is an open door
CHAPTER ONE, summer camp
CHAPTER TWO, frozen auditions
CHAPTER THREE, the woman in the woods
CHAPTER FOUR, drama free zone
CHAPTER FIVE, the real campers of shallow lake
CHAPTER SIX, color war
CHAPTER SEVEN, camp prom
CHAPTER EIGHT, let it go
SEASON 4
CHAPTER ONE, first day of senior year
CHAPTER TWO, two in a million
CHAPTER THREE, puppy love
CHAPTER FOUR, a star is reborn
CHAPTER FIVE, nightmares come to life
CHAPTER SIX, busy day
CHAPTER SEVEN, trust the process
CHAPTER EIGHT, a trip down memory lane
CHAPTER NINE, a night of nights
CHAPTER TEN, last night all together

CHAPTER ELEVEN, love you forever

149 8 3
By niallhoranslovebot

"Now, I would like you to meet our stars, who are here to sign their contracts in front of the entire world." Quinn said at the press conference. "Because transparency matters. You'll meet Mack in just a moment. But right now I would like to introduce you to our Juliet. Who, just moments ago, finished her own 'High School Musical' production, in a gymnasium down the hall. Please welcome, the world will know her name, Miss Ophelia Roberts."

Ophelia walked in with her parents, who smiled proudly at her and stood off to the side. They were so proud of their daughter and how far she's come. She looked around at the people there and gulped. She was nervous. She didn't want to mess up. She had to do this perfectly.

She smiles shyly at everyone as the reporters took many pictures of her when she walked up front. "Be bold. Let's make some headlines tonight." Quinn whispered to Ophelia when Quinn walked by her.

"Oh, hi. Um, hello." Ophelia nervously says, trying to sound calm and cool while she stood up on stage. "Um, I'm Ophelia. Roberts. Ophelia Roberts. That's my last name." She adds, chuckling awkwardly. She heard some people snicker, her cheeks flushing a bit. "Sorry, I'm a little nervous." She said sheepishly, causing everyone to chuckle softly. "Anyway, um, I'm so honored to be part of this project. And I'm so excited to play the role of Juliet. And, uh, I'm grateful to be given the opportunity."

****

Meanwhile, the theater kids were starting to walk down the hallway, heading to the auditorium. "If our girl is becoming a star tonight, we are not going to miss it!" Kourtney declared, smiling widely.

"Heck no we aren't, girl!" Fallon agreed, smiling and nodding. Jet grinned and then he ran ahead of the group, causing some of the others to laugh and they all ran after him.

****

"This is a once in a life time opportunity," Ophelia continues. "I never once thought I would be here right now. So, um, this is just incredible.I would've never had the chance to do this without the help and support from all my friends and family. And I've been asked to make some headlines tonight." She pauses when she notices her friends walking in the back, causing a smile to tug on her lips and her heart warms at seeing them. It meant a lot to her that they cared enough to come to this. It made her less nervous. "Honestly, the reason I have the strength to play a role as big as Juliet and I can't wait to be Juliet by the way, I love the play. But the reason is the people here at East High who made me who I am. The people who taught me how to love even when it hurt." She picked up a pen, hesitating as she looks down at the contract in front of her.

Meanwhile, Ricky ran down the hallway with his electric guitar in hand. He had a plan and he hoped he would get there in time before she signed it. He manageds to get to the room seconds before Ophelia wrote her name on the contract. "Am I too late?" He calls out, gaining everyone's attention. "Am I too late?" He asked again.

"Ricky?" Ophelia breathed out, eyes widening slightly. Her heart raced as she stared at him, noticing he had his electric guitar with him. She wondered why he was here and what he was doing.

Ricky doesn't say anything, instead he just smiles warmly at her and starts playing his guitar. "Two, three, four. I've been wishing on a falling star for too long, I've been running I don't know what from. But you and I've become a sacred kinda home. I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love and I know it." Ophelia's lips curl up into a smile, her heart warming and face turning red as she listens to Ricky's song. She couldn't help but get a little emotional because he was singing this beautiful song to her in front of everyone. And he was serenading her. It was the sweetest thing ever.

"No, net, no fear right here in this moment. I've never been more sure of what I got, yeah. 'Cause this is so much more than puppy love." Ophelia let out a small chuckle at that and her smile widens as he sings. She looked into his eyes, her heart beating fast and butterflies swarming her stomach. He had a huge smile on his face, looking directly at her while he sang. "I'll say it again, no matter what the cost. Here I am full heart, full stop. I love you." He had a look of adoration and his smile softened. Ophelia felt tears fill her eyes and her breathing hitched, her lips curling up into a loving smile as she gazed at him. She couldn't believe he was doing this for her.

The reporters continue to murmur with each other, taking pictures of the scene happening but the two teenagers kept staring at each other lovingly. They were confused with what was going on, but it was also sweet. "I wanna finish what we started when we first met when we're just kids. I wanna live like I have never even heard the word regret." Ricky slowly walks closer to Ophelia, never breaking eye contact with her. He had a loving look on his face, his eyes shining with adoration. Ophelia was still smiling, her smile never fading and tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. "I wanna scream what's in my heart, and I won't ever take it back. 'Cause I love you feels a lot like high school and forever after that."

Ophelia and Ricky stood in front of each other now, their eyes not leaving the other's. Ricky's smile turns into a lovestruck grin, his heart racing as he held her gaze. Her smile widens, her heart beating faster. Ricky wasn't always one to be so open about this kind of stuff. Especially in front of a lot of people. And it really touched her that he was willing to sing this for her. He had written a song for her. She felt so lucky. She loved him so much and was so grateful to have him.

Ricky had been planning on singing this song to her sometime soon and now seemed like the perfect time. She should already know he was serious about it, but if she had any doubt still then he knew this song declaring his love for her would change that. He wanted her to know he was serious about their relationship and he wanted to make it work no matter how far away they were.

Soon enough their friends had joined in on singing which surprised both of them and brought soft smiles to their faces when when they walked up to join them. After the song, everyone had applauded and cheered loudly. One reported commented on how that as such a great way to announce the movie even though it wasn't an announcement for the movie, but Quinn still took the compliment.

Ricky guided Ophelia off to the side as Quinn talked to some of the reporters. "What was that all about? I mean, not that I don't love being serenaded in front of a lot of people." Ophelia giggled, her face turning red. She felt giddy and her heart fluttered, a smile not leaving her lips.

"Well, I wanted to make sure you knew I was serious about us. Even though we're gonna be apart for a while, I want you to know that I'm all in. We'll make it work. You're worth it, Lia. I love you and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep us together." Ricky said sincerely, looking directly at her.

"I love you so much, Rick. This is the most romantic thing ever. You're the sweetest." She gushes, her heart skipping a beat. "You didn't have to do this. I already know you're all in, but this was amazing. And really sweet. I'm so lucky to have you." She admitted, her smile turning into a loving one.

"I wanted to do it. You deserve the world, Ophelia. I'm so lucky to have you too. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you, so much." Ricky smiled, cupping her face gently and pressed his lips against hers. She smiled against his lips as she kissed him. Her hands cup his face, stroking his cheek gently with her thumb.

Ophelia and Ricky pulled away with the need to take a breath. Ricky kept his forehead pressed against hers, gazing at her with a soft smile and admiring how beautiful she looked. His hands were still cupping her face, stroking her face gently with his thumbs. Ophelia's hands had moved so her arms now wrapped around his neck. They stood like that for a moment, smiling lovingly at each other.

"You're gonna be amazing in New Zealand." Ricky whispers, making her heart skip a beat. "You're going to be amazing, baby. And I'm so proud of you." He addded, causing her lips to curl up into a loving smile.

"Thank you." She breathes out, her heart fluttering and face heating up. "I love you."

"I love you too, Lia." He whispered, kissing her forehead softly. She smiled widely, her heart skipping a beat again.

"Ricky, you missed a lot before you came here." Ophelia chuckles lightly, causing him to furrow his eyebrows. "I'm not going to New Zealand."

"What?" Ricky looked at her with surprise and confusion. She giggled at his reaction, her smile widening.

"Before I signed the contract, I made a bold move and said the movie would be filming here so I could finish school and continue to be in the plays with the best drama club ever. Quinn thankfully wasn't upset by it." Ophelia explained.

"Wait, really? You're gonna stay here?" Ricky asked with excitement and she nodded, giggling again. He grinned, his heart fluttering. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug and picked her up. She let out a surprised squeal when he spun her around and she giggled while he laughed. He then set her down and hugged her tightly.

"You're staying here, babe!" Ricky said happily and she smiled widely, nodding.

"I'm staying here, babe." She repeated, giggling again as she hugged him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're staying." He whispered, pressing a kiss on her head. Ophelia smiled softly, closing her eyes. She was happy that she would be able to stay here with Ricky and the others.

"Me too." She mumbled, nuzzling her face into his neck.

"Ricky, you can't keep her all to yourself. It's not fair." Gina laughed lightly as she pulled Ophelia away from him, pulling her in for a hug. Ophelia laughed along with her and hugged her back.

"Yeah, let us talk to our friend." Kourtney spoke up, causing them to laugh. Ricky chuckled, nodding.

"Sorry, sorry." Ricky chuckled again, putting his hands up in surrender.

"Yeah, dude, get in line." Fallon smirked, joining in on the hug. Ricky rolled his eyes with a fond smile, watching them hug and giggle together.

"You guys are ridiculous." He chuckled, shaking his head.

"You have no idea how happy we are that you're staying." Ashlyn smiled.

"I have some idea." Ophelia said with a small chuckle. She turns to start heading off the stage, smiling when Maddox offered to help her down. "Thank you, Maddox."

"Don't worry about it." Maddox smiled. Ricky had helped Ophelia as well, picking up her dress so she doesn't walk on it.

"Thank you, babe." Ophelia grinned.

"No problem, Lia." Ricky smiled, leaning over and pecking her lips. She smiled wider, her heart fluttering and cheeks turning red.

"Honey, we're so unbelievably proud of you." Phoebe said once Ophelia had made it off stage. "You've come so far, we are so happy for you." She wrapped an arm around her daughter and smiled at her, pulling her in close.

"Yeah, I can't believe my baby girl is becoming an actress and making it big. You're growing up." Zane smiled, wrapping an arm around her as well.

"I love you, guys." Ophelia smiled widely, hugging them both tightly.

"We love you too, sweetheart." Phoebe whispered, smiling softly.

"We're gonna head out, Leelee." Zane admitted as they pulled away from the hug.

"Oh, are you sure?" Ophelia asked with a frown. She didn't expect them to stay with her, but she was sad to see them go.

"Of course. You deserve to celebrate with your boyfriend and your friends. We can celebrate with you later." Phoebe reassures her, kissing her forehead. "Just be safe, okay? Call or text if you need anything."

"I will." Ophelia nodded. Her parents hugged her one last time and they waved to her friends as they walked out of the room. The others all waved back at them and said their goodbyes to Ophelia's parents.

"Hey, that little stunt you pulled back there?" Quinn asked, walking over to Ophelia and Ricky. Ophelia looked at her nervously, hoping Quinn wasn't upset with her.

"Look, I'm sorry, but-"

"More of that as Juliet." Quinn interrupted her, gaining a surprised look from Ophelia.

"Of course." Ophelia smiles, looking relieved. "But, um, I have one request."

"Great." Quinn sarcastically commented.

"I have to have time in my schedule so I can do my spring musical." Ophelia said, sharing a smile with Ricky and squeezing his hand. He smiled back at her and squeezed her hand in response.

"Yeah, uh, I get that." Quinn admits. She glances over at Miss Jenn. "I could probably learn a thing or two from that teacher of yours." She then looks over at Maddox. "Hey, Maddox, you still PA'ing this thing?"

"Absolutely." Maddox replies, standing up and walking over to her in the aisle. "As long as I also get to stage manage Miss Jenn's next show." Ashlyn grinned, getting up and running over to hug her from behind which caused them both to chuckle. Ophelia smiled a little as she watched this happen, her heart warming.

"Great." Quinn smiled and walked away. Ophelia went to the others where they sat in the audience, giggling when Ricky climbed over the seats to join her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"I am so, so proud of you." He told her, kissing her temple and she leaned her head on his shoulder with a smile.

"Pretty sure you already told me that." She chuckled, looking up at him and he smiled back down at her.

"And I'm pretty sure I'll never stop saying that." He admitted and leaned down to peck her lips. She smiled and giggled as they pulled away, her cheeks turning red.

"Okay, okay, if I've done the math correctly, there are two unnecessary tickets to New Zealand, currently waiting at the Salt Lake Airport." Carlos started, getting everyone's attention. Ophelia smiled as she looked over at him, leaning into Ricky's side.

"And two first-class tickets." Seb added.

"Plus a limo idling out front." EJ chimed in.

"Out of every word you could use you use idling." Fallon snickered, looking at her boyfriend with amusement.

"That's what you focused on?" EJ chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully. Fallon laughed and shrugged.

"I'm just saying, Benny the boy band member never got to play New Zealand." Jet voiced, smiling at Mr. Mazzara.

"What?" Mr. Mazzara asks with surprise. He shakes his head, quickly dismissing the idea. "Oh, no. No, I couldn't."

Miss Jenn smiles softly at him. "Couldn't we?"

Mr. Mazzara's eyes widen and he looks hopeful, bringing a hand to cup her face. "We?"

"Oh, finally." EJ sighs, breaking the silence. He grimaces after everyone glances at him. "Sorry."

"Please, God, yes. Just take my dad out of the equation." Ricky pleaded. Ophelia chuckled softly at him, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. Everyone cheered as Mr. Mazzara and Miss Jenn hugged. Ophelia was happy they finally got together.

"Wait, so I'm wearing like a thousand dollar gown and we got a stretch limo." Ophelia realized.

"So, what do theater kids do after opening night of their high school musical?" Big Red asked with a grin.

Everyone is silent for a few moments before Ricky spoke up, a smirk tugging on his lips. "I have an idea." Everyone leaned in with anticipation to hear his idea.

****

Ophelia giggled as she followed Ricky and her friends outside to the limo. She wore Ricky's denim jacket over her dress because of the cold weather and she had changed into her converse instead of the heels. The heels were killing her feet anyway. Ricky was holding a video camera, recording them all as they excitedly ran to the stretch limo waiting out front. Ophelia got in the limo and with the help of her friends they got her dress in too carefully. She laughed, thanking them as she got inside the car.

"Ricky!" She calls out to her boyfriend after seeing he had paused from getting in and glanced at the school. He was the last one to get in the limo and her face softened at seeing him looking at the school with a fond smile. "Baby, you ready?" She asked softly and he turned his head, meeting her eyes and a soft smile graced his lips.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go." Ricky's smile widened when she reached out to him, offering her hand and he gladly took it. She pulled him in and kissed his cheek, earning a soft laugh from him. He pecked her lips before sitting beside her and intertwining his hand with hers. The driver then pulled away from the school and started driving.

****

On the way to Denny's, yes, they were going to Denny's in a limo because that's what theater kids do after their high school musical opening night. Well, maybe not in a limo, but that's what they're doing. And, of course, on the way there they sang and jammed out in the limo, Ricky recording the whole thing. Sometimes the others would take the video camera as they all sang, recorded themselves, or played around in the limo. They had even brought Emmy with them because she was apart of their group now.

When the limo finally stopped and parked outside of Denny's, Ricky and the others got out first. They turned to help the girls out, Ricky helping his girlfriend first. Ophelia kissed his cheek as she got out of the limo, sharing a smile with him. As they were all walking to Denny's, Ophelia pulled Ricky to the side a bit and turned to face him.

"What's wrong?" He asked with concern, setting a hand on her waist.

"Nothing's wrong, baby. I just want to say thank you." Ophelia smiled softly.

"For what?" Ricky furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, a small smile tugging on his lips.

"For serenading me, for showing me that you're serious about us. That you love me." She replies. "I already knew you were serious about us and I had no doubt you didn't love me, but it just made my night. You're the best boyfriend ever." She admitted, her heart fluttering.

"You're welcome, Lia." Ricky smiles. He cups her face, gently caressing her cheeks with his thumbs. She leansinto his touch and closed her eyes, a soft smile appearing on her face. "You don't need to thank me, Lia. I wanted to serenade you and I'm always gonna show how serious and in love I am with you. I'll gladly serenade you whenever you want." He told her. She giggled, her cheeks turning red as her eyes fluttered open.

"I love you." She whispered, gazing into his eyes lovingly.

"I love you, too." He whispered back. He leaned forward and captured her lips in a gentle kiss. She smiled against his lips and kissed him back. Ricky then pulls away and presses a soft kiss to her forehead.

"C'mon, let's go get food." He mumbled, taking her hand in his and walking towards the entrance of the Denny's. Ophelia grinned, giggling and nodding. She leaned her head on his shoulder as they walked, his thumb brushing over her knuckles. She couldn't be happier. She was dating the love of her life, family and friends were supporting her and she was the lead of an upcoming movie. Ophelia's life couldn't be any more perfect. And she couldn't help but think how she and Ricky were the perfect two. 

A/N rickelia is so special to me. im so sad this is the last chapter. thank you for everyone who read, voted, commented, and liked the book. it means the world to me. dont forget to check out my other books <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 4.9K 30
"𝑻𝒆𝒍𝒍 π’Žπ’† π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• π’šπ’π’– π’˜π’‚π’π’• 𝒕𝒐 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 π‘Ίπ’π’Žπ’†π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 π’˜π’Šπ’π’ π’π’Šπ’ˆπ’‰π’• 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 π‘Ίπ’Šπ’„π’Œ 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆...
444K 11.4K 38
─── β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β‹†β‹…β˜†β‹…β‹† ─── EDITED - COMPLETED JAN 24 "i thought it was just a one time thing?" "maybe i don't want it to be." two teens who are be...
25.6K 1.1K 44
―❝ All I know is now I just can't do this on my own. 'Cause I be alive, but a mess in the mirror without your love, love, love, love, love for me. I'...
33.2K 690 23
"i love the way you get me but correct me if i'm wrong , this is not a love song " In Which Two teens with an unresolved past try out for the schoo...