CHAPTER ONE, winter break

Ophelia never thought she would get to the point where she was comfortable singing in front of people

Ophelia never thought she would get to the point where she was comfortable singing in front of people. Let alone singing and dancing in a music video. She had never danced before so she had to learn how to dance just for this video. Thankfully Carlos, Fallon, and Gina helped her learn the choreography Carlos made for the video. Today Ophelia went with wearing a long sleeve black t-shirt, plaid pants, and white shoes. She put her curly hair up in a bun, she wore a short necklace and a long necklace, and some rings. Her makeup was simple and her nails were also painted.

The drama club decided to make an Instagram page and for their first post they went with a Christmas music video since Christmas was just around the corner. They also planned to add in that the theater was being fixed back to normal since the fire had ruined it. To get into the Christmas spirit, the drama club even wore Christmas sweaters, some ugly and some not. 

Ophelia was currently waiting in the hallway to show up in the video for her part she would be singing and dancing with Kourtney. And to say she was nervous was an understatement. "I've been waiting for this moment." She heard Kourtney's voice nearby which made her know it was about her turn to step out of her hiding place. She exchanged a nervous yet excited glance with the three dancers with her named Addie, Lauryn, and Steph before they each danced out to the hallway, doing the same dance as Kourtney is dancing.

"It's a start of something great." Ophelia harmonizes her voice with Kourtney's, moving so she's standing beside the dark-skinned girl. Her voice sounded a bit shakier than Kourtney's since she was so nervous, and she wondered if her friends could hear her heartbeat because to her it sounded so loud. "And a chance to turn the page.

The five girls continue to dance their way down the hallway as Ophelia and Kourtney sing and with Miss Jenn recording them. "It's my year, I'm gonna own it." The more Ophelia sings she sounded less shaky and she was more confident after getting used to singing and dancing on camera while in front of others. "Gonna take more care of me. Put myself first 'cause I deserve to be..." Kourtney and Ophelia pointed towards the library once they were in front of the open doors where Ashlyn's and Big Red's duet was at.

Ophelia waited in the hallway along with the other girls and once the duet was done the dancers that were in the library came out to the hallway before Ashlyn and Big Red did. Ophelia still stood beside Kourtney while Ashlyn and Big Red joined them and the dancers. "There's something in the air. About to go off right now. Lighten' up all around." They all move out to the lobby of the high school where it was decorated for Christmas just like the rest of the school. "I feel it comin'."

"Somethin' in the air. A time to look forward to. Get ready for something new." Now the teens were just doing random dances as they face each other with smiles. "I feel it coming. Somethin' in the air. Somethin' in the air." Ashlyn went down the hallway a bit and around the corner to the top of the stairs that led to the cafeteria. She pointed at the staircase on the other side of the cafeteria where Carlos and Seb were waiting.