CHAPTER SIXTEEN, beauty and the beast

It was opening night and Ophelia was trying to forget about the opening night jitters she had and focus on doing mirror exercises she was doing with Ricky

It was opening night and Ophelia was trying to forget about the opening night jitters she had and focus on doing mirror exercises she was doing with Ricky. Everyone was in their costumes, getting ready for the show. Nini was running around, handing cards to everyone even if they were just apart of the crew. Ophelia wore the white and blue dress Belle wore at the beginning of the movie while Ricky was dressed as the prince. She had to admit he looked really cute. She would never admit that though.

Nini then walks over to Ophelia and Ricky with a smile. "A little note for good luck." She handed a card to Ophelia, who smiled nervously.

"Thanks, Nini. I need all the luck I can get."

"You guys feeling alright?" Nini asked.

Ricky smiles nervously. "Fit as a fiddle."

Ophelia nods. "Never better."

-ˏˋ "We're screwed." Ophelia and Ricky spoke in unison, staring at the camera with a nervous look as they both showed their sprained wrists. "When I got into theater, I didn't sign up for my co-star to fall on me." Ophelia sighed. "And I'm still very sorry about that." Ricky smiles apologetically at her. "In my defense, that wasn't my fault." He glances at the camera. "I think after 'High School Musical', Miss Jenn got a little gun shy about understudies. So.." "Now we don't have any." Ophelia adds in a nervous tone. She smiles reassuringly at the camera. "Which is perfectly fine. We got this." She wasn't for sure if she was just trying to reassure everyone else or if she was trying to reassure herself. "Yeah, the show must go on." Ricky nervously smiled. Ophelia grabs onto his wrist gently, showing her cast and his to the camera with an annoyed smile on her face. "And these can never come off." .ˎˊ-

Ricky now leaned back in a chair with his hand behind his head and Ophelia had her right arm wrapped around his shoulders, her other hand holding onto his right arm. "So when the Beast was dying, was she holding him up like this? Or..." Ophelia's voice trailed off as she tried to remember how Belle held Beast. Now that it was opening night, nerves and anxiety made her forget a few things of what she needed to do.

"It was like a Renaissance painting. I have no idea how they did it." Ricky admitted.

"This is not good. I'm completely blanking." Ophelia mumbled, standing up straighter.

"Is this because of North High's show last night?" Nini inquires. She shrugs. "'Cause I thought it was impressive, but..."

"No buts, Nini." Ophelia cut in, looking upset. "You know it was like if James Cameron and a circus had a baby." Nerves overtake her features as she fiddles with her fingers, bringing her gaze to the floor. "How-How are we supposed to compete with that? As much as I hate to admit it, Lily was amazing as Belle and I'm not sure that I can be a better Belle than her."

"Howie was so good as the beast," Ricky scoffs. "I'm actually rooting against myself tonight."

"Ophelia," Natalie calls out to her, walking over to the dark-haired girl. She smiles and links arms with her. "Time to bedazzle your wrist."