RWBY: The Remnant Past

By GreenKing309

Remnant: the definition of remains of something. it has been like this for a millennium. But when The Old Wor... More

Prologue
UCSA bio
Trailer
UCSA Army
UCSA equipment (updated)
UCSA Vehicles pt. 1
UCSA vehicles pt. 2
UCSA aircraft
UCSA Navy
UCSA Airships/starships
UCSA Mechs
UCSA robots
UCSA buildings
UCSA defense
UCSA superweapons
USCA fortress
Atlas army
White Fang
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 pt. 1
Chapter 6 pt. 2
Chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
Atlie
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
???
Chapter 16 pt1
chapter 16 pt2
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapters 19
Chapter 20
Bloopers
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
???

Chapter 23

204 13 9
By GreenKing309

"Speaking/yelling"

"Radio/Scroll"

'thinking'

*Acton*

New York City, New York, 6-20-20

The smoldering ruins of Downtown New York were the first things that the Huntsman and the returning Americans see. The fires raging from a battle that ended not so long ago still raging brought pain into FAWN. Especially one in particular.

Alice was staggering before collapsing in utter despair. Willow saw this and picked her up and carried her with the team.

'This is my home, Willow." Alice sobbed. As she continued to cry out, Willow assured her that everything is okay.

"Look at the damage." Nathanel whispered. He was looking around the destroyed city.

Already, the smell of iron and burning materials hit the group in full force. They had to cover their lower faces just to get away from the awful stench.

"This is so much worse than Mt. Glenn, at least we know that it was a Grimm attack." Wiess whispered to her team.

"Just by looking at this gives me the creeps." Ruby stated.

Suddenly, a wail shot through the atmosphere, making the Huntsmen and the Americans jump in surprise. Turing to the sound came from, they saw a human mother that was on their sixties look at a younger man who was in his early thirties was shot in the head, with a hood next to his body. Upon closer examination, they saw a swastika on the hood.

"Fucking assholes." Francis growled.

"They executed him." Blake whispered in shock.

"They even tried to hide it, look at his cloths." Coco said as she saw dirt and mud on the body with wood hiding the lower body of the man.

"Wonder who shot him was either a Nazi bastard or an Atlas officer." John wondered.  "Either way, we might have a 'conversation' after the war."

"Get in line spook." Nathanel said as they continued walking down the ruin streets of New York.

They continued to walk down the ruin city as both the Milita and Army cleaning up the debris. The Remnants also saw some Americans that were not Milita or even military for that matter.

"Who are they?" Yang whispered to FAWN.

"Their PMCs, more specifically BLACKWATER."

"PMCs? Do you mean mercenaries?" Wiess asks.

"Yes, but they were form from Special forces, and actually where the first to spy on you after the OAI." Nathanel explained.

"For what purpose?" Velvet question.

"Mainly to test you and the Grimm combativeness and sure enough, we had the upper hand on weaponry and tactics." Francis stated. Then one of the Blackwater members look right at them.

"Hey!" The PMC called out. "What are you doing here? You missed the battle!"

"Can it Rex. We have more things to do." The leader of the PMC barked at the grunt.

"Ah we need to stop being uptight sometimes Cap'n. We need shake off the rust and strictness." the PMC grunt, now called Rex, chimed.

"Well, we need to keep our professional acts, so we can be better than them buckets had when the met Punisher." The leader joked, causing some of the PMC and Milita.

FAWN and the Huntsmen, however, were unimpressed. Deciding that  it would be better off to getting to get the point, they left as the PMCs and Milita continued their work.

After a couple of minutes of walking, they found themselves in the middle of what looks like a bunker, with two fimiller faces-one known to Blake- there.

"Tucson?" Blake asks as the Puma Faunas turn to face them.

"Blake, you know this guy?" Ruby asks.

"He was part of the White Fang when I was still part of them. When I detected, I thought he was still a part of them, turns out I was wrong." Blake explained.

"To actually explain further, I stayed in the Fang for a couple of months afyer Blake here left. That was before I had a mission that completely shows what the White Fang under Adam had become." Tucson said, winching as he said the last part.

"What Happened?" Yang asks.

"You don't need to know kid, trust me, you really don't." Tucson begged the team to stop. Afyer they did, he continued. "After... 'that' I decided to leave the Fang, Roman was the one who actually helped me out, but not before two people, both humans, tried to kill me. But I was saved thanks to the Americans. After that, I opened a bookstore in a city I believe to be called 'Philadelphia'. I was actually a top hit there for a few months. Then the Nazis returned and invaded, so here I am."

"Did you... kill anyone?" Yang asks, which made Tucson sigh.

"On that mission, I did killed, and that will haunt me for the rest of my days. During the Nazis invaded, I joined the Militia to defend my new home, and I did take out some of the Nazis, but I mostly guard the hospital in this bunker." He stated before remembering something. "Oh, I just remembered that even though I know Blake, I haven't gotten to know your names."

"Well it was a nice conversation but let go on with it. My name is Nathanel Grenn, and this is my team, Francis, Willow, and Alice. These are Team CFVY, SSSN, and RWBY" Nathanel announced his and his friends' team names.

"Wait, did you say RWBY?" Amber asks as she joined the conversation.

"Uhh yeah?" Yang answered.

"Huh, I thought that name sounded familiar." Amber muttered to herself before looking at the team. "Come on, let's head inside."

As they went inside the bunker, they would meet a familiar face, especially the two half sisters. They both gasped at who they saw.

In front of them, they saw a familiar white cloak woman talking to what looked like a drone they saw earlier, but a little short to be military drone. The drone looked behind the woman and mentioned her to turn around. When she did, Ruby and Yang saw the face of Summer Rose, not in a picture, not in a recording, in person.

Just like her daughter and stepdaughter, she gasped as well in recognition before bolting to the two. The same could be said to the two half sisters.

"Mom!" Ruby yelled as she and Yang collided with Summer Rose as they embraced each other. The Huntsmen teams and Americans saw the long-awaited reunion and smiled.

"I was so worried! We thought you were dead on that day!" Ruby sobbed as she explained what happened after that day.

"I'm so sorry, my little Rosebud and Dragon, I was caught off guard by some type of new Grimm, and the people here put me in a tank to heal my injuries. I promise not to leave you again." Summer confort her daughters and made a promise not to leave them again.

"This is nice to see." Nathanel muttered as the three women continued to confort and hug each other.

"That it is." Doc said as he came up to them, shocking the rest of the Teams.

"You are a robot?!" Weiss scream out.

"Worker drone." Doc clarified.

"Huh, and I thought Atlas had drones in the civilian industry." Sun mumbles, but Doc clearly heard him.

"Did you just compare me to a trash can!?" Doc spoke angrily at the monkey Faunus,

"What, no, I just-." Sun tried to reason only to be interrupted by the Americans laughing at him.

"He did, doc! He thinks that you are more than a trash can!" One of the Americans, a Human, to be exact, said he he and several others want to fan the flames.

"No, that's not what I-" Sun  negin to defend himself only to be interrupted again.

"He thinks you are a walking pile pf scrap Doc!" Another American, this time A faunas, called out.

"He even thinks that you are a plastic muncher!" The same human from earlier poked, to which Doc lunges at Sun who in turn runs away.

"Get over here you Grease Monkey!!" Doc yelled to the laughter of the Americans and the Screaming of Sun and gasped from some of the Remnants.

"Guys! Help me!" Sun called out.

"Nope leader, you have this on your own." Scarlett denied.

"Yeah, you need the cardio!" Neptune stated with the remaining two shaking their heads.

"Traitors!" Sun shouted before hitting a wall that knocked him out. Doc slowly made his way to the knock out Monkey Faunus and started to drag him into the bunker.

"Ten bucks he going to shit his pants." The Human betted.

"Deal." His Faunus Friend agreed.

__________________________________________________________________________

(The Pentagon, UCSA, 6-20-20)

Gates look at the time before sighing. He needed to have a coffee break after this.

"Mr. President, it's time." Smith stated as he walked the President to the podium. After getting to the podium, he look at the reporters and cameras to the entire nation.

"Good morning." Gates began. "I like to report that the Nazi invasion of our home has failed. But it has come at a horrible cost of over 9,000 men, women, and children. This is one of the worst attacks that has happened in our home, more so than 9/11 or Pearl Harbor."

The reporters were silent as the President continued with his speech.

"I know that many of you feel the gut-wrenching pain of losing your fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, friends, sons and daughters, but they died to protect not only us from the dark, but the freedom that we hold as our sacred oath. We know what monsters the Reich was, what the Riech still is. And we know how to stop it. The Greatest Generation had begun this journey to stop evil and tyranny. It is up to us to pick up where they left off. No matter how long the tunnel is for us. For there always a light at the end. They believe that we will cower in fear when they invade our home. They have forgotten one of our flags that began this nation as a whole. It's time to remind them why the snake does not want to be treaded on."

The claps he gotten were mostly ceremonial at best, as there was much work to be done. As Gates left the conference room and begins to walk back into the war room, he sighs as the American Colossus has truly awaken, and filled with a terrible resolve.

__________________________________________________________________________

(War room, Atlas Academy Atlas 6-20-20)

Copper was looking at the defenses that were being implanted in Atlas, with angler written on his face. This was not going to plan at all. He should be in control of Atlas right about now, but those Damned Americans delayed it. Before his anger cooled off, one of the Atlassian soldiers walked up to him.

"General, we've scouted the Outskirts of Atlas." The soldier reported.

"And?" Copper asks.

"Well, we couldn't find where the rest of the Resistance are, we found some bases, but they were long since abandoned." The soldier continued.

Copper growls in anger as he look at the soldier dead in the eye, silently promising him a fate far worse if he fails again.

"Find where they are solider, I will not have Resistance here in our glorious kingdom while there are enemies at the gates." Copper ordered the soldier, who quickly saluting before running off. As the soldier runs off, Wheatley comes in after hearing the commotion.

"You know that's not how to run an army Copper, or even a business such as I." Wheatley taunted.

"Speak for yourself, I heard your father had a 'slight sitting' problem." Copper snark, which made Wheatley frown.

"Besides that, I want to know why you think that a Resistance can even reach Atlas itself while we are in the air. Should we target the Americans first?" Wheatley asks.

"What in your head made you forget what we did in the past few weeks? You know what, never mind, as you clearly showed your intellect." Copper scolded.

This time, Wheatley was unfazed. "Well, this was a genuine question, and what made you think I was talking about the invasion, I meant the defenses not only here but also in Berlin." He stated.

"Again, we are making both Atlas and Berlin into the Fortress that they are after the inevitable invasion here. Already, we have many defenses up and running. And soon, our enemies will be nothing more that a simple paragraph on a piece of paper of a fantasy tale." Copper replied before chuckling.

Wheatley, however, was unconvinced. "And what would happen if they DID breach the defenses?" He asks.

"Well, since you oligarchs are loyal to us, I will make this knowledge available to your kind. We are going to make a retreat into one of the most fortified bases that our friends have to offer. A bases so impenetrable, not even the most powerful weapons the Americans have can make a dent in it." Copper explained.

"And we said that Atlas was invincible only for the White Fang to get our equipment." Wheatley retorts.

"Shut it. Besides, that was the incompetent 'general' Ironwood that tried to ruin our glorious city. The reason why I said it was invincible is  our friends have powerful semblances and technology." Copper

"And that so-called 'technology' was put in a scrap pile! Atlas was better off than these Nazis." Wheatley taunted.

"Don't say that! They are the key to enternal life! Sure they had to destroy the majority of their projects in order to decive their enemies, but they kept some that were very powerful enough to make this world shiver in our grasp." Copper continues to elaborate.

"You go do whatever you want to do with them, I'm going to continue our production to even HAVE a chance, not some occult in hopes of bringing their long dead comrades back." Wheatley retorts as he begun to leave, not noticing a smirk in Copper's face.

"That's what you think, but they will bring Atlas to glory, not you." Copper muttered. However unbeknownst to him, a shadowy figure was hearing the entire conversation.

____________________________________________________________________________

(Outpost 3, Underground White Fang base, Atlas 6-20-20)

"Commander! We got reports from our spy that we have confirmed reports that the Black Cross is opening up a portal." A white Fang grunt reported.

"Huh?! When was this reported?!" Van asks as the Deltas came in.

"Just now, and the reports stated that Copper stated that the Black Cross is opening some sort of portal in the Black Cross' City." The Grunt answered.

"So what did you get?" Umbara asks.

"Our reports said that the Black Cross is opening a portal and building defenses in Atlas and their city." Van explained.

"Huh? Are they trying to escape AGAIN!?" Shadow shouted in anger.

"It seems so, but we can't communicate with HIGHCOM because we are on raido silence."  Dark stated as he looks at his team. The operation that happened in the Schnee Manor was supposed to be a 'hit and run' mission. But with what happened earlier, they need to be with the Fang in Atlas (now called the Resistance) to help them with the sabatoge of the Nazis and those who joined them.

"That doesn't matter now, we need to stop the Nazis dead in their tracks before they can escape again, they managed to trick us before. But not this time." Shadow states as he looks at his team and the Resistance members. Determine to stop the Nazi Threat Once and for all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256 16 17
A RWBY OC story //COMPLETED// #1 rwbyocs 25/1/2023 Team STEL, a band of misfits and outcasts thrown together to make a team of huntsman in the land o...
40.1K 402 13
Remnant a world filled with Grimm. There had been many ways that the people of Remnant have made ways to fight the Grimm and protect the innocent. Th...
65K 965 136
Jaune Arc was never an actual Arc, he was the bastard of Jonathan Arc and a nameless woman, his sisters loved him, his adopted mother loved him but h...
74.1K 1.1K 38
Jaune family is killed and he is somehow spared by the Grimm, A pack of Beowulfs travales with Jaune and Protect him...Jaune has Become the Knight to...