Ainz Ooal Gown the great teac...

By zalgo21

Having shown up in a techno hellscape of night city, Ainz Ooal Gown explores the world in hopes of finding na... More

1. the beginning
2. current state
4. The business partner
5.how to make a friend
6.hesitation

3. the shop

486 24 5
By zalgo21

The day was hot as any other day in night city. Momonga stood on the sidewalk outside his store staring at the group of thugs. He made his way back into his shop as the group followed did not pay much attention to the road. Once inside momonga took note of the men before him.

They wore military fatigues and had a certain air about them that screamed military. The men had weapons on them from what momonga could see. They were not exactly trying to hide it since they seemed well armed and ready to shoot at any sudden movements. They embodied the word 'american' since the armor and gear had the red white and blue motif like the flag. 'I should do my best not to anger them ' thought momonga as he methodically went behind the counter.

'I don't want them to shoot up the store and cause a commotion. It cost me a lot of money to remodel it the way I like it.
' he carefully thought to himself ' so it would be in my best intrest to try and talk things out if possible' his mind working over time.

'I don't want to become the target of a gang, it would draw too much attention to me and the store' he pondered as the men stood at the counter looking him down. Some even whispered amoung themselves making comments of either his height or his robe and mask. So not wanting to keep them waiting he began the conversation.

"So what brings you fine gentlemen to my humble store today"

Even with their ruff and tumble exteriors momonga can still tell how they operate. His experience as a salary man allowed him to partially read people's reactions. By no means did he master it but he can atleast say he can have a somwhat decent understanding of someone.

"Well for starter's you have one hell of a throwing arm son"

The leader as he gazed around the large interior of the shop.

"Why thank you I use to play baseball when I was younger"

Momonga lied as he cautiously gestured for his shadow demon to stand down underneath the counter.

"No shit ? Goes to show that you learn new things everyday"

Came the gruff country drawl of what momonga assumed was the leader of the small group. The man wore an army officer uniform that had a few bages desplayed on his chest. He had visble cuberware on his face indicating that he may be observing him with advanced visual augments in order see under momonga's mask.

"Regardless my name is Franklin and me and my associates came here today to ask if you would like to buy some insurance "

Momonga winced at the mans blunt approach to this extortion. 'Wow atleast try to hide what your trying to do' momonga thought. As Franklin continued on with his offer.

"It would be a shame if somthing were to happen to this little shop of yours"

A green glow to come over momonga bringing him back to a calm state. ' let's not do anything rash' momonga thought to himself 'I should atleast know how much they are planning on getting out of me'.

"How much would this so called insurance going cost if you don't mind me asking"

The smile he had on seemed to grow wider as he began his explanation. All the while the thugs he brought kept their gaze trained on him as they're boss continued to talk.

" normally when me and my associates normally so this we normally ask for 50% of your weekly income"

Franklin paused for moment as he brought his head to look around the shop. Scanning the place for potential traps or turrets once saw none he looked qt momonga once more.

" But since I'm feeling generous I'm willing to only take 25 %  for a week of protection"

He said as one of the goons snickering as the offer was presented. Who was then swiftly silenced by a hand slapping across his bald head. While one of the men seemed to be preparing to engage at any moment at the slight provication.  The situation seemingly getting out of hand as far as momonga could tell. As the thugs seemed giddy about what momonga's response will be. Thinking upon it for a few minutes Momonga came to a decision.

" and to whom will be paying my hard earned money to"

Asked Momonga as he stared at Franklin with the blank expression of his mask. Franklin seemed to shift in his seat as the gaze of the overlord bore into him.

"Your safety will be courtesy of the sixth street gang"

He said with a shit eating grin as he awaited Momonga's response. Silence settled onto the dark interior as the tension weighed upon all of them, after a few minutes momonga finally spoke.

" your offer is intriguing but I will have to decline"

The mans face quickly turned into a frown once  momonga said his response. The goons seemed to also show the same displeasure as their leader as they trained their weapons on the masked man.

"Come now boy let's not make any stupid decisions"

Disdain evident in his voice as he spoke. His body tense as he stared momonga in the eyes or where he assumed where his eyes would be.

"I think you don't realize what I'm saying here mr.Ainz"

With those words the thugs were about to fire at momonga. As they were about to pull the trigger momonga  shot his left hand up. Franklin brought his own hand up in a motion for his men to hold their fire. Before letting the overlord speak.

"If it is not to much of a bother may I say two words"

Asked the masked man as the leader smirked at the feeble request. As he signaled his men to stand down. As he did the men took a step back having their guns at the ready if momonga did anything sudden. The man regained his jovial tone of voice once more as he spoke to momonga one last time.

" 'right boy you have two words use em wisely"

The man let out a chuckle as he awaited for the last words of the small business owner. Most people who found themselves in this situation would notice the direness of the situation they found themselves in. They would take notice of the intricate details of the men and think of ways on how they would beg them to spare they're lives.

Momonga on the other hand noticed somthing different, somthing that most people would not normal think of in such a situation. Slowly and methodically held his hand pointing at the intruders as they look on in confusion. Even franklin had a expression of confusion as he watched momonga. He noticed that they were bunched up into a killzone.

"[Chain lighting]"

With those words a arc of magical lighting shot from his finger. Before anyone could react the lightning hit the leader and jumped to the other thugs. Each and everyone of them shook and shaked as they were electrocuted. Until they all fell to the ground lifeless all except the leader Franklin as he desperately to clung onto life. He tried to hold himself up by leaning himself on the counter.

Steam coming off his body as he gritted his teeth only to faulter and fall to the ground like his men. Once he did momonga walked from behind the counter to the dead gang members. Casting a [detect life] spell to make sure none of them lived.

" impressive but still sad that none of you survived a measly 4th tier spell"

As he got done speaking one of the hanzos he summoned appeared behind him. Turning toward them 'uwah I didn't want to do this but they gave me no choice' he thought to himself. 'Now what to do with the bodies' letting out a sigh as he came up with a solution.

"Honzos strip them of their gear and call up or little 'business' partner for they're bodies"

With swift nod and a "hai" to confirm that the honzo understood the orders. Before motioning the other honzos that were hidden within the store.

"You heard lord ainz take bodies down to the basement"

With those words the honzos began dragging the remains of the thugs down into the basement. Letting out another sigh ainz sat once more behind the counter opening his book once more. Taking up a pen to write within it once more as the hanzos cleaned up the mess.

•••••••••••

David was walking back from school once again on the same path as this morning. Passing by the various stores and businesses just like last time. David saw the strange book store once more in it's tiny splendor. And like last time he still wondered why anyone would even buy a book. Though now he was contemplating on whether or not he should go in.

Gazing at the multiple signs and stickers that litter the windows trying get a glimpse into the place. Nothing really caught his eye so he was about to move on until he saw somthing that he may need to check out. In the corner of the window was a small sign that he over looked when first viewing the store. It was a small dark blue sign with yellow letters it was almost covered up by a large poster for one of the other book seriesbeing sold within.

' now selling Arasaka lessons ! '

Now he was wondering how old that sign is but he has been meaning to look into the price of lessons. He highly doubted that he could afford it but one can hope.  As David looked at the store for a few more minutes before he took a cautious step toward it.

"fuck it I'm not doing anything any ways"

He muttered to himself before crossing the street, looking both ways of the street to ensure he does not end up a red smear on the road. Speaking of smears David noticed a long red streak of dried blood of some poor bastard that did not look both ways before crossing. Now paying for it by being the new paint job for the road. Once across David couldn't  help but judge the dinky little store.

It's exterior was not as run down as many of the other stores that line the street. It's neon sign shining in the fading light as the sun made it's way to set on night city. The building looked like any other store just that it sold books. Reaching his hand out to take hold of the door handle of the entrance before pushing into the interior.

Just as he walked in he was greeted with a gust of cold air as he entered. Which was a surprize since not many people could afford AC in night city. Many chooms have to deal with the heat that came with living in the city. Made worse by the potential of heat waves that can turn a normal citizen into sweaty mess.

Once inside the smell of old books greeted david. Multiple shelves lined the inside of the building with various volumes of texts that looked older then anyone in night city. At end of the shelves was a counter with a simple cash register and a pile of books.

As David made his way past the various shelves containing row upon row of books. Various small signs attached to the shelves labeling the various genres. From the outside the store looked deceptively small but once inside David was baffled by how much space there was to house this many shelves. He also saw a small reading area with a wooden table with four metal chairs surrounding it. While oppsite it was a computer with some sticky notes attached to the side of it.

Once David reached the counter he glanced around for an employee. All he could find was a tiny bell with a note sayinh 'ring for service'. Letting out a sigh David was standing there looking around the book store. As he was looking around his eyes landed on the pile of books on the counter. Each laying in a neatly stacked pile as one lay open on the counter.

Going over the titles of the books David found the ones he could see had strange names and covers. Letting out a chuckle as he read a few of them each seemed weirder and stranger than the last. The first book was thick with a light bluish color, a picture of a spoon on the front that read 'spoons and their mysterious psychic properties' grabbing the book then setting it aside so he can see the next one. This one a small red leather journal with golden text saying 'thesis of magical herbs and spices' admittedly that one was not very funny. There were alot of bools that were like this and it genuinely made him curious and he wanted to know what was written inside them.

The one that caught his eyes the most was simple green book that had the words 'a beginners guide to being a wizard vol.2 rituals and conjurations'. Grabbing it and lifting it to his face he was actually curious what was in the book but before he could flip open the book a vpice interupted him.

"Hello dear customer"

Came a deep regal voice from a giant of a man that stood over him. His head seemed to almost reaching the ceiling as the man looked down on him. The red mask he wore wore a sinster grin and glassy eyes. The seven foot tall man wore a black robe that seemed to eat the very light around it with the most ridiculous shoulder pads you could ever see. David was tempted to assume he was a cosplayer by the get up. But for some reason he felt that would be wrong to assume such a thing.

"My name is Ainz ooal gown, how may I help you this fine evening"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 468 18
What if one of the supposed "Shitty Devs", one who dedicated his entire life, sacrificing himself to the work of developing YGGDRASIL is sent to the...
336K 3.9K 21
My first RWBY multiverse story. This one will be what would happen if Jaune Arc, Beacon's own nerd/dead-last/faker/etc, becomes the ruler of Nazarick...
13.5K 362 11
izuku midoriya was a nerdy quirkless boy for many people even his mother did not care for him but one day that chance on the last day of his favorite...
37.9K 1K 35
Arthur, our resident Earthian suddenly gets reincarnated in Overlord's Earth 2138 1 year after the release of Yggdrassil the best VRMMORPG. Knowing t...