Accidental Love by Qiao Yao

De NovelLover07

Zheng Shuyi's ex-boyfriend cheated on her, and the other women's uncle drove an eye-catching Rolls-Royce Phan... Mais

CHAPTER 1: I HAVE A BOYFRIEND
Chapter 2: The Rolls-Royce
Chapter 3: Knocking on the Window
Chapter 4: Yue Xingzhou, I Got in the Car Before You
Chapter 5: Do you have a girlfriend?
Chapter 6: I Will Eventually Become Your Aunt
Chapter 7: Stingy Shi Yan
Chapter 8: Tough Task Before New Year
Chapter 9.1: First Time Zheng Shuyi Saw Him Laugh
Chapter 10: May I Pursue You?
Chapter 11: Ahhhh, Shi Yan, Are You Toxic?!
Chapter 12: I'm Screaming Your Name in My Heart!
Chapter 13: I'll Take You Home
Chapter 14: My Heart
Chapter 15: You Need to be Responsible for Me
Chapter 16: Is Your Heart Made of Stone?
Chapter 17: I'm Using My Uncle's Card. He's Rich
Chapter 18.1: It Looked Quite Romantic
Chapter 19: I Miss You
Chapter 20: Enigmatic!
Chapter 22: Only Visible to: Shi Yan.
Chapter 23: He Might Not Be In A Good Mood.
Chapter 24: This! Is! Shi! Yan's! Kindness!
Chapter 25: Visit Me At A Mental Hospital
Chapter 26: Super Jealous! Can't You Feel It?!
Chapter 27: Just Ignore Him!
Chapter 28: Dream Come True
Chapter 29: Didn't You Want to Sleep With Me?
Chapter 30: This is Your Son-In-Law
Chapter 31: My Looks and My Money.
Chapter 32: I'm Afraid That You'll Be Addicted to My Beauty
Chapter 33: It's Bright Daytime...This Is an Office...
Chapter 34: Her Heart Was About to Jump Out of Her Throat.
Chapter 35: Slowly Curled Up to the Corner of the Bed
Chapter 36: Take You to the Movies
Chapter 37: Why Do You Care?
Chapter 38: You're Not Her Uncle??
Chapter 39: And Whose Aunt Are You Trying to Become?
Chapter 40: Roaring Sound
Chapter 41: His Guess Sounded Very Absurd
Chapter 42: He Won't Come
Chapter 43: "Sorry"
Chapter 44: Were You Ever Sincere?
Chapter 45: Uncle, You're Done For
Chapter 46: Why Do You Care?
Chapter 47: Actually, It Wasn't All Lies
Chapter 48: Thinking About You
Chapter 49: What's The Hurry, I'll Look At You First.
Chapter 50: You Thought I Was Going to Kiss You?"
Chapter 51: How Far is Jiang City? Shuyi Doesn't Know.
Chapter 52: Do You Like Me?
Chapter 53: "Don't Sleep, Wait for Me."
Chapter 54: When Shi Yan's Drunk! He! Is! Sexy!
Chapter 55: Kiss Me, Then I'll Go With You
Chapter 56: Be Good, Endure a Little Longer.
Chapter 57: Where's My Boyfriend?
Chapter 58: You Look Very Cute When Jealous.
Chapter 59: All Thanks to Your Aunt
Chapter 60: His Look is Scorching and Direct
Chapter 61: Shi Yan's Not Good Enough
Chapter 62: The Spring Rain Was Rarely So Sudden and Violent.
Chapter 63: Zheng Shuyi Could Understand How Shi Yan Felt.
Chapter 64: This Second, You Turned Single.
Chapter 65: Being Too Gentle was a Kind of Seduction.
Chapter 66: Finale Part 1
Chapter 67: Finale Part 2 - Mom! He's Really My Boyfriend!
Chapter 68: Finale Part 3
Chapter 69: Finale Part 4 - Hope the years will repeat themselves
Chapter 70: Extras 1 - Wedding Preparations
Chapter 71: Extras 2 - Wedding

Chapter 21: Zheng Shuyi, That's Enough

222 1 0
De NovelLover07

After confirming this, Zheng Shuyi's heart was filled with joy.

She held her tea-cup, and gradually looked away from Shi Yan's face to her cup.

The yellow-orange tea reflected her smiling eyes.

To hide her chuckle, she took a sip of the tea.

Although she couldn't really taste how good this tea was, Shi Yan's words made her feel like the tea was very comforting.

"It's delicious," said Zheng Shuyi with a smile, "It tastes like snow, I like it very much."

After finishing his cup, Shi Yan stood up and said with a plain expression, "You guys go ahead, I'll go to the balcony."

"Yes, yes," said Zheng Shuyi with a nod, "Okay~"

Shi Yan glanced at the top of her head lightly and quickly walked toward the balcony without saying anything.

He found himself a recliner, slowly sat down, straightened his legs, and started to enjoy the autumn leaves outside.

His ear could hear the woman's soft voice, creating a lively atmosphere that the house hasn't experienced for a very long time.

In the morning, the bright sun shone through the five-color glass of the old western-style house. Even the dust danced lovely under the sunlight.

——

Guang Xiangcheng said that they were just having a casual chat, therefore the topic was not limited at all. He would accurately point out the changes in the current market, and then also talk about all the mistakes he made when he was still young...

Time passed quietly as the two chatted. Along with their laughter, the noon sun slowly crept and shone on top of the roof.

Under the sun, Shi Yan's shirt felt very warm and comfortable. He glanced back and saw Zheng Shuyi's hair behind her head, showing her entire smiling face and sparkling eyes while talking to Guan Xiangcheng.

The housemaid walked over softly and saw that the two were talking very excitedly at the moment, so she could only look toward Shi Yan.

Shi Yan nodded toward the housemaid, placed his phone down, and walked towards the living room.

"I know right, when I first bought it, it was only 435 Yuan, who would have thought that it has now doubled and became most of my Guan family's capital."

Zheng Shuyi was very supportive and filled the room with energy. She clapped as she exclaimed "Wow!". Her voice was loud and excited.

――Which startled Shi Yan, who was just passing by.

Shi Yan stopped, rubbed his eyebrows, and said solemnly, "Zheng Shuyi, that's enough."

Zheng Shuyi's expression instantly solidified. She raised her head and saw Shi Yan's slightly bothered look.

"It's lunchtime," said Shi Yan as he looked away from Zheng Shuyi and towards Guan Xiangcheng.

"Oh, I even forgot about it." Guan Xiangcheng slowly stood up and said, "Say, I'm actually kind of hungry."

"Yes yes," Zheng Shuyi turned off her recording pen and cleaned everything up. "I enjoyed chatting with you today. I'll sort out the draft as soon as possible for you to go over."

She said as she picked up her bag, "Then, I'll be leaving now."

"Huh? The food is already on the table, why not leave after you eat?" said Guan Xiangcheng. Then he pointed at Shi Yan, "Even he's not in a hurry."

Zheng Shuyi looked towards Shi Yan, who was already in the dining room. He was standing in front of the table and slowly wiping his hands with a towel.

He didn't look towards her nor did he say anything.

Since very few people come here to Guan Xiangcheng's house, there was only a small table enough to seat four or five people in the dining room.

And after he sat down in the seat directly across from Shi Yan, Zheng Shuyi naturally sat down beside Shi Yan.

There were four or five dishes on the table, all of which were light in taste. Guan Xiangcheng didn't have the habit of not speaking while eating. He wiped his hand, peeled off the shell from the boiled shrimp, and asked, "Shuyi, how old are you?"

"Twenty-five," replied Zheng Shuyi, "What's the matter?"

"Hmm, about what I thought," said Guan Xiangcheng with a nod, "you seem to be a pretty good match with Shi Yan."

Zheng Shuyi blinked and subconsciously looked toward Shi Yan.

He was eating with his head lowered as if he didn't hear anything.

"Um..." said Zheng Shuyi quietly, "I think so too."

From the occasional conversations with Guan Xiangcheng on the dining table, Zheng Shuyi finally understood. He thought that she had a special type of relationship with Shi Yan.

Guan Xiangchen was not a straightforward person that would speak anything on top of his mind.

And Shi Yan couldn't really say anything either.

Just like that day on the horse farm, if Shi Yan told him that he was wrong, it would do nothing except make Guan Xiangcheng feel embarrassed.

Every time Zheng Shuyi saw Shi Yan unable to continue the conversation, she wanted to laugh to herself.

Since she started this drama already, then why not keep acting?

"I have been in contact with a lot of journalists," mentioned Guan Xiangcheng, "I also know a lot of friends who used to be journalists, but later, most of them changed careers one after another."

"Especially nowadays, the paper media business is not as good as before. There are not as many journalists as before, and it's even harder for a girl to persist through the industry."

"In fact, most of the journalists in our magazine publisher are girls," replied Zheng Shuyi.

She glanced at Shi Yan, and continued, "And they're all very pretty."

"Yeah, and that." Before Shi Yan even spoke, Guan Xiangcheng, who didn't know the purpose of Zheng Shuyi's words, said, "It's as if that's almost a rule now. After all, who doesn't want to be looking at a pretty woman while being interviewed?"

Zheng Shuyi picked up a pork rib with her chopsticks and replied, "Yes, Shi Yan also likes pretty female journalists."

Shi Yan finally stopped being still and turned his head to look at Zheng Shuyi.

His look looked more like a warning.

"No?" Zheng Shuyi raised her head to look at him, "The intern who was at the press conference with me last time, aren't you staring at her for a long time?"

"Oh?" Guan Xiangcheng said slowly, "Is that so?"

Shi Yan stared at Zheng Shuyi closely. For some reason, Zheng Shuyi suddenly felt guilty and looked away from him as she started to eat the rib.

Shi Yan also looked away and said lightly, "No."

"Yes," Zheng Shuyi didn't look up as she answered, "You also asked me where she went. I said that she felt uncomfortable and went home, but then, you even continued to ask how she felt uncomfortable."

Guan Xiangcheng seemed to be interested as he looked at the two of them, trying to learn more.

Although Zheng Shuyi didn't look up, she could feel Shi Yan's gaze on her.

As long as she doesn't look up at Shi Yan, she wouldn't feel unconfident.

A moment later, Shi Yan pushed his front teeth with his tongue and said word for word, "I was just messing with you."

"Really?"

Zheng Shuyi couldn't tell if he was just trying to make himself look better in front of Guan Xiangcheng or he was actually telling the truth.

She looked up and started to look at Shi Yan.

Shi Yan looked at her eyes for a moment, then placed down the chopsticks in his hand. "Then what do I need to do for you to believe me?"

With that attitude? No one would believe you.

Zheng Shuyi quietly turned away and didn't reply.

They all thought that this topic would just end like this.

Suddenly, Zheng Shuyi pointed to the boiled shrimp on the table and said, "I want to eat that."

Shi Yan, who had just picked up the chopsticks, stopped and turned to look at her again.

Zheng Shuyi blinked, and repeated with a naive look, "I want to eat shrimp."

The two of them stared at each other as if they were playing a game of silence in front of Guan Xiangcheng.

And of course, women naturally had some advantages.

Although Shi Yan was looking at her sharply, he was stepping down.

A bright red shrimp appeared in her bowl.

Zheng Shuyi got an inch and wanted a mile, "Why don't you peel it for me..."

Suddenly seeing Shi Yan's look, Zheng Shuyi's voice quieted down.

Shi Yan wiped his hands and started to peel the shrimp shell carefully.

But he didn't place it in her mouth. He just placed it back in the bowl.

"Here."

After lunch, Zheng Shuyi really couldn't stay anymore.

She quickly packed everything up and left with Shi Yan.

The driver had already driven the car to the door and was waiting.

Shi Yan quickly walked to the car and opened the door. Then he finally impatiently turned back.

"Get on."

Zheng Shuyi originally wanted to get into the car and leave, but after hearing his tone, she stopped.

She looked at Shi Yan with her hands behind her back and said with a soft voice,

"The weather is so good today. The sun is so bright as well, makes me feel so comfortable~"

"I don't want to ride in the car. I want to walk."

She slowly stepped forward, "Can you please walk with me~"

A gust of wind blew, and several leaves fell onto the ground.

Shi Yan leaned against the car door and turned his head to look at Zheng Shuyi. After looking at her for a long time, he finally said slowly, "Zheng Shuyi, tell me if there's even a way to satisfy your greedy heart?"

Zheng Shuyi: "..."

Perhaps it was because of the great victory she gained at the dinner table that gave her the courage. She stared at Shi Yan and replied, "Hey, there is always a way. We can make poems together."

Shi Yan didn't reply and just looked at her with a pair of frivolous eyes.

Zheng Shuyi continued, "How far is Jiang City? Shuyi doesn't know, but she knows Shi Yan is envious of snow."

"..."

The leaves of the big trees even seemed like they didn't dare to fall anymore.

The second Zheng Shuyi finished, she suddenly realized that she messed up.

After a long silence, Shi Yan squinted his eyes, then started to walk toward Zheng Shuyi.

His attitude was as if he was about to swallow someone alive. Zheng Shuyi got scared and quietly took a step back.

But she had nowhere to go, and Shi Yan grabbed onto her wrist easily.

Then, he pulled her toward the car.

"Get on."

Zheng Shuyi could feel her heart beating faster and faster. She didn't dare to say anything anymore as she obediently got into the car.

Then, the door slammed shut.

Shi Yan stood outside, looking at her coldly.

Through the window, his eyes looked even more terrifying, making Zheng Shuyi subconsciously tuck back her neck.

After a while, he finally stopped looking at Zheng Shuyi and raised his hand to knock on the front window.

The car slowly drove away under his captivating gaze.

Zheng Shuyi pressed her head against the window, watching Shi Yan's figure slowly disappear.

She still felt trapped under Shi Yan's pressure.

If she was given another chance, she promised herself that she'd never do such a thing again.

——

That afternoon, Zheng Shuyi was writing the draft in her house.

The conversation between Guan Xiangcheng and her was in the recording pen. Although they weren't speaking very fast, there was quite a lot of information. She soon sank in and started working.

The minute hand walked one lap then the next as the sky darkened.

The clouds covered most of the sun, allowing only a few rays of light to go through.

The room was so quiet that a ticking sound of the clock could be heard.

Suddenly there was a voice from the pen that didn't belong to Zheng Shuyi and Guan Xiangcheng.

――"Zheng Shuyi, that's enough."

Zheng Shuyi finally got back to her senses as she raised her head and rubbed her eyes. Then she sighed and lied on the table. If I knew earlier, I would have listened. It's enough.

Sigh.

Now great, I went too far again.

Early next morning, Zheng Shuyi went to the magazine publisher with her first draft.

She finished the draft very late last night and she didn't sleep very well either. She yawned as she walked to her desk and the second she sat down, she started to pour herself coffee.

"Monday syndrome, tsk tsk." Zheng Shuyi's yawns also made Kong Nan yawn. She looked at her sleepy face and said, "I've been watching shows until three this morning, barely managed to get up, didn't even have time to wash my hair. What about you? What did you do last night? Why do you look like you also barely got any sleep?"

Zheng Shuyi was typing on her laptop and didn't reply immediately. After a while, she said, "Writing draft."

"Did the interview go well?" Kong Nan whispered, "Did anything happen this time?"

"..."

Zheng Shuyi lowered her eyes and sneered softly, "It went well. I already sent the draft to the editor-in-chief last night too."

It was only Monday, and the office was already very busy, filled with the sounds of the keyboard pressing.

Zheng Shuyi was still a little sleepy. She turned her head and looked to the other side.

At the other end of the office, Xu Yulin had arrived early. She was holding a cup of coffee and was chatting with her intern.

Unlike Zheng Shuyi, she seemed to be very energetic today. She wore light yellow chiffon and was slightly blown up by the air conditioner.

As if the words "Happy and Satisfied" were clearly written on her face.

Xu Yuling also happened to glance towards her side at the same time and she saw Zheng Shuyi's look.

Xu Yuling had big eyes and long eyelashes. Every time she blinked, it would make her look seem like she was up to no good, which would make the person being looked at very uncomfortable.

Zheng Shuyi didn't know what she was so happy about. She turned around and walked toward the water room.

She didn't really have an appetite in the morning and she felt like she couldn't really eat anything either, so she decided to just make herself a cup of oatmeal.

As the hot water flowed out, she also heard a sound coming from high heels behind her.

Zheng Shuyi didn't even need to look back and knew who it was.

"I heard that you had an interview yesterday?" asked Xu Yuling casually.

Zheng Shuyi still didn't look back. "Yeah."

"It's almost the end of the year, why are you still trying so hard?"

Xu Yuling didn't leave after getting water. She leaned against the cabinet and continued, "There aren't many good resources at the moment. Why work so hard when you can't even get a featured article? If I were you, I'd rather go have a good rest at home."

Zheng Shuyi was stirring her oatmeal and just when she was about to reply, Xu Yuling suddenly stood upright and quickly walked out.

Zheng Shuyi looked back. It turned out that Tang Yi came.

Xu Yuling didn't even take her cup as she called out "Editor-in-chief" and followed her into the office.

——

Every Monday morning, there would be a meeting a 9:30. Before that, it was a bit difficult for one to get anything done in a short time period, so everyone was relaxed and chatting in small groups.

Qin Shiyue was late again by a few minutes. When she walked into the office, she saw Zheng Shuyi and Kong Nan chatting with some people from other teams.

She put down her bag and walked over with a box of chocolates for everyone to eat.

While everyone was taking their share of chocolate, a noise came from the editor-in-chief's office. Then the loud sound of the door being slammed startled everyone.

Seeing that it was Xu Yuling, Kong Nan coughed and muttered, "Why is she slamming the door again? Will she pay for it?"

At first, others also wanted to say something along with Kong Nan, but when they saw Xu Yuling walking towards them angrily, they all closed their mouths one after another.

She stared at Zheng Shuyi and her high heels seemed to be stopping holes into the ground as she walked towards her.

Everyone saw that her footsteps were a little shaky, but they didn't know that she was just trembling with anger in Tang Yi's office.

At the end of the year, all the industries were working hard to increase their KPI.

Journalists were no exception. Xu Yuling didn't receive a single featured article this year, and after crying and complaining in front of the chief editor, she finally got the final feature article of the year.

She also spent a lot of effort on this interview. Not only did she use several connections, she even bought a famous brand bag for the middle man. In the end, she finally got in contact with the founders of the three banks and interviewed them.

The amount of information she received was so great that she was confident she could beat all that Zheng Shuyi had done.

But unexpectedly, when she went to Tang Yi's office with her draft, she was told that the featured article at the end of the year would be given to Zheng Shuyi.

She couldn't believe her ears as she asked Tang Yi how that happened.

And Tang Yi replied rather impatiently and told her to go ask the chief editor.

"She just submitted a draft of an interview with Guan Xiangcheng this morning, if you're the chief editor, what would you do?"

Xu Yuling's mind suddenly blanked out, as if she suddenly fell into an ice cellar.

This one sentence completely ended all Xu Yuling's hard work and struggle, and also made her hate Zheng Shuyi even more.

She went straight to Zheng Shuyi and pushed open the balcony door with force. Her chest was violently moving up and down and the door behind her was shaking, making a creaking sound.

Everyone looked at her.

Zheng Shuyi was holding a piece of chocolate in her hand. Even though she knew Xu Yuling was coming for her, she didn't speak and just looked at her.

"Impressive, Zheng Shuyi," Xu Yuling tilted her head and sneered, "You even found connections with Guan Xiangcheng?"

Zheng Shuyi took a bite of chocolate and nodded, "I guess I'm quite lucky these days."

"Lucky?" Xu Yuling sneered, "How many years has Guan Xiangcheng not appeared in front of the media? You're telling me this is luck?"

Zheng Shuyi raised her eyes and said lightly, "What else?"

Xu Yuling folded her arms and studied Zheng Shuyi, "Everyone knows that Reporter Zheng is beautiful, I'm afraid you used your beauty to the extreme? No wonder you're always dressed up nicely these days and I never seem to see you after work."

Her tone sounded evil. Not only Kong Nan's face immediately turned dark, but journalists from other teams also frowned.

They were all colleagues, and this sounded way too harmful.

However, Zheng Shuyi just simply chewed the chocolate in her mouth and slowly swallowed it as she wiped her hands with a tissue.

Then she said slowly, "If I use my beauty to do my job, do you think you'll still have the right to stand in front of me and talk?"

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

70.4K 617 128
What Min Hui wanted to do most was to destroy herself, and what Su Tian wanted to do most was to see Xin Qi, but none of their wishes came true. Two...
39.3K 427 70
Sang Wu Yan, a college senior, dreams of becoming a broadcaster. She works as an assistant at a radio station and likes a mysterious songwriter with...
1.5M 45.6K 36
Growing up Audrey had good life. She had two sides, At home, she was a amazing confident woman but at school she was the shy insecure curvy girl... A...
25.8K 842 53
Date Started : October 2022 Date of Editing : April 27, 2023 Date Ended : August 3, 2023