๐„๐ง๐๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ, ๐๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๏ฟฝ...

By billieeyelash1864

๐‘ฌ๐’๐’…๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’” ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’—๐’Š๐’•๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’„๐’‚๐’๐’๐’๐’• ๐’ƒ๐’† ๐’‘๐’“๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’๐’•๐’†๐’…, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’Š๐’• ๐’…๐’๐’†๐’”... More

Act I
I. Silence Speaks Louder Than Words
II. The Weight of Resentment
III. The Darwinian Playground
IV. The Battle for Existence
V. The Endless Journey
Act II
VI. The Silent Wounds
VII. The Agony of Unending Darkness
VIII. The Power of Belief
IX. The Thorny Path of Lies
X. The Bullet's Silent Message
XI. The Shadow of the Deadly Arrow
XIII. The Domino Effect
XIV. The Demon's Whisper
XV. The History of Betrayals
Act III
XVI. The Same Old Things
XVII. The Wall of Emotion
XVIII. The Ties that Bind
XIX. The Pages of Lost Innocence
XX. The Grim Reaper's Waltz
XXI. The Screams of the Dead
XXII. The Echoes of Heartache
XXIII. The Murmur of Silent Torment
XXIV. The Road Back to Each Other
XXV. The Losing Game of Love
XXVI. The Hollowed Memories
XXVII. The Symphony of Destruction
Act IV
XXVIII. The Fury within the Steel
XXIX. The Clash of Destinies
XXX. The Reign of Weaponry
XXXI. The Kindred Spirits
XXXII. The Quiet Calm Before the Storm
XXXIII. The Unending Farewells
XXXIV. The Mind's Battlefield
XXXV. The Peaceful Oases in the Chaos
XXXVI. The Shadows Cast by the Past
XXXVII. The Hand of Fate
XXVIII. The Reunion Amidst Chaos
Act V
XXXIX. The Long-Awaited Return
XL. The Uncertain Future of New Faces
XLI. The Ghost of a Present Past
XLII. The Destiny They Share
XLIII. The End of the Road
XLIV. The Highway to Hell
XLV. The Turning Point
XLVI. The Endless Tragic Demises
XLVII. The Brigde of an Endless Storm
XLVIII. The Dawn of Hope
XLIX. The Gates of Alexandria
L. The Melody in the Chaos
LI. The Midnight Sky
LII. The Scandal
Act VI
LIII. The Ying-Yang Effect
LIV. The Realm of Grief
LV. The Choreography of Death
LVI. The Way Life Goes
LVII. The Unquenchable Fire
LVIII. The Stranger Passing By
LIX. The Hilltop at the End of the Road
LX. The Sanctuary of Death
LXI. The Shadow Vs Death
LXII. The Saviours
Act VII
LXIII. The Ending of a Beginning
LXIV. The Sanctuary vs Alexandria
LXV. The Truth Continues To Unveil
LXVI. The Descrution Within Oneself
LXVII. The Allience of Enemies
LXVIII. The Reminder
LXIX. The Betrayal of Friends
LXX. The Angel of Death
LXXI. The Death's Reapers
Act VIII
LXXII. The Beginning of a War
LXXIII. The Promise of Tomorrow
LXXIV. The Distance in his Fingertips
LXXV. The World Stops Turnin'
LXXVI. The Doom of Death
LXXVII. The Door Between Hell & Heaven
LXXVIII. The Unspoken Words
LXXIV. The Message
LXXV. The Fall of Neville
LXXVI. The Letter
Act IX(a)
LXXVII. The Hanging Tree
LXXVIII. The Bridge
LXXIX. The Judge

XII. The Promise of a New Foe

1K 31 43
By billieeyelash1864

Grief hangs heavy in the air, a tangible presence that weighs down the hearts of each survivor. The loss of innocence, the price they paid for survival, lingers in their expressions and in the quiet, contemplative moments that follow the ordeal.

Carol's grief is palpable, and the whole group feels the weight of what they've had to do. Madeleine watches the chaos from a distance, her face contrasting the somber mood as the reality of their world sinks in once again.

Daryl tries to soothe Carol as he helps her stand up from the ground, but the women quickly gets off his grip and walks away from the group. Carol's grief-stricken figure disappears into the distance, seeking solace and solitude as she grapples with the harrowing events that have unfolded. The group watches her go, recognizing the profound loss she must bear.

The younger Greene sister rushes toward the heap of lifeless bodies, her heart-wrenching cries echoing in the chilling silence that now envelops the group. Her desperate pleas for her mother serve as a stark reminder of the brutal reality they face in this post-apocalyptic world.

In the chaos that ensues, the group swiftly springs into action to protect the young Greene sister from the attacking walker.

"Come on!"

"Pull her away, pull her away!"

As the skirmish unfolds, Shane and Rick hold Beth back as the rest of the group kicks at the walker before Andrea grabs a hoe and uses it to end the undead. Madeleine can't help but steal a glance at her brother, seeing the anguish in his eyes after losing his only friend.

The grieving family walks away, the group following them and Madeleine walks closer to her brother. Madeleine provides comfort to her younger brother, Carl, as he weeps for the loss of his friend and the traumatic events they just witnessed. She embraces him, offering the sibling support that they both desperately need in this harsh, unforgiving world.

"We've been out. We've been combing these woods looking for her and she was in there all along? You knew." Shane accuses, rushing after Hershel and his family, the poison dripping from his lips.

"Leave us alone." Maggie demands.

Glenn sigh, "Hey, Shane, just stop, man."

Rick attempts to hold Shane back, but the man slaps his hand off him, the Grimes women indicating for Lori to take Carl away as she joins the rest. "Get your hands off me. You knew and you kept it from us."

Hershel shakes his head, "I didn't know."

"That's bullshit. I think y'all knew." He points an accusing finger at each of them.

"We didn't know!" Maggie exclaims, glaring back at the man.

"Why was she there?!" Shane raises his voice, causing for Madeleine to roll her eyes at him.

"Your..." Hershel sniffles, shaking his head as he spins around to face the furious figure. "Otis put those people in the barn. Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed."

Shane scoffs, "You expect me to believe that? Do I look like an idiot?" He fires back, attempting to step up to Hershel, but both Grimes pull him back.

"Shane, hey hey hey."

"Take one more step, I dare you."

"I don't care what you believe!" Hershel yells, the chaos growing with each tense moment passing through them.

"Everybody just calm down." Rick demands, swinging his arms around to try and defuse the situation.

"Get him off my land!"

Shane takes a step forward, "Let me tell you something." He doesn't get the chance to finish his sentence as Madeleine punches him before kicking his stomach and he falls on the ground, the women grabbing her knife a inch away from his eye.

"Mads!"

"You do not lay a hand on him, got it? If you even as much think about it, I'll carve both of your eyes to make sure." She threatens, standing up straight and the group stands around without saying a word, not knowing how to react to what just happened.

"I mean it... Off my land." Hershel calls out, heading inside of his house with his family, the rest of the group standing around as Shane gets back on his feet, glaring at Madeleine.

Rick steps in front of his daughter, glaring back at his friend, knowing his friend wouldn't hurt her, but he doesn't know what his daughter is capable of these days, yet he directs his attention to Shane. "What are you doing? Hey, what are you doing?"

Shane clenches his jaw in anger, "Daryl almost died looking for her, Rick. Any one of us could have. I'm gonna tell you right now..." he points toward the house. "That son of a bitch, he knew."

Rick shakes his head, not believing Hershel would hide it from them when he saw how desperate they had been to find Sophia. "He didn't know. He's not like that. He opened his home to us."

"He put us all in danger. Man, he kept a barn full of walkers."

"So you just start an insurrection, hand out guns and massacre his family?" Madeleine shoots back at him, both of them glaring at each other as Rick stands in the middle. "If anyone is putting anybody in danger, it's you."

"His family's dead. I did what ya'll didn't have the balls to do." He fires at her, their glares burning through each other's skulls.

"No, you just risked us getting kicked out of here and run back to the roads!" She argues back, running a hand through her with a sigh. "He thinks you just murder them in cold blood."

"I don't care what he thinks."

Rick intervenes, not wanting the argument to escalate when he knows the groups needs to stick together now more than ever. "I was handling it, brother. I was handling it and you just-."

Shane cuts him off, "You had us out in those woods looking for a little girl that every single one of us knew was dead! That's what you did."

"No, you're the only one that thought she was dead!" Madeleine exclaims, the anger boiling her veins like a time bomb which might explode at any time, and from previous experiences, she knows it's best no one is around her.

"Like father like daughter, you're just as delusional as that guy." Shane shakes his head, eyeing Rick down. "You handling it, huh?" He scoffs with a shake of his head and storms off.

"He's out of line. If anything is going to get one of us killed, it's him." Madeleine speaks up, her father slowly turns around to face her cold stare and silence indulges their worlds before she breaks it. "I'm going to check on Carl."

"Do you know? About-?" He cuts himself off.

"I'm glad she finally told you. I'm sick of lies and secrets."

"So am I." Rick breathes out, looking down at his feet.

The unspoken words and complex emotions linger between Rick and Madeleine as they exchange a long, contemplative look. Each of them carries their own burdens and regrets, leaving a trail of unfinished conversations in their wake as she walks away.

She heads toward the tent, watching Lori console her brother. The older women gives Madeleine an acknowledging nod as she seats next to them. The younger Grimes places a hand over her brother, the young boy not hesitating to embrace his sister.

"I really thought we'd find her. I mean me..." He trails off, looking up at her with a glistening expression. "I thought I'd be the one to find her. Like maybe she was hiding somewhere in a cave or tree, she'd be safe and I'd find her."

"I'm sorry you had to see your friend like that." Madeleine speaks without a hint of emotion as if she forgot what emotions even are, sending a chilling shiver down Lori's spine.

"You were right, killing her like that. I would've done it too."

The exchange of glances between Lori and Madeleine conveys the shared concern for Carl's transformation in this new, harsh world. While Lori appears anxious about her son's changing demeanor, Madeleine remains distant and emotionless.

"Can you keep an eye on him? I need to talk to your father."

She doesn't answer as she lays down with Carl on her arms, Madeleine's concern for her brother's emotional state is evident as she tries to soothe him to sleep. She contemplates the well-being of her younger siblings and ponders their uncertain future.

The post-apocalyptic world has indeed placed them in unpredictable situations.

☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎

The Grimes women crosses her arms as she notices the group dig a couple of graves to bury Sophia, Hershel's wife and stepson. She scoffs at the idea of burying anyone, only having done it for Glenn not nagging her more than he usually does, but the concept of burying anyone and grieve and seat at their grave talking to dirt is pointless in her eyes.

Madeleine walks inside the RV to see Daryl seating on the counter as if he's babysitting Carol who's sat on the chair crying. The women and Daryl lock eyes for a second and he tenses up as she brushes past him and seats in front of Carol, placing a hand on top of her, a gesture to attempt to aid her the support she needs to get past this grieving period.

"I'm not good with words..." Carol looks up at her, not having expecting the women to check up on her, even less say something. "Well, not out loud at least. But I'm here for you to get past this. I'm really sorry about your little girl. She didn't deserve it. This pain, anger, grief... it'll make you stronger."

"How would you know? You don't know how this feels. Losing someone you love... I just-." Carol cuts herself off, wiping away a few tears streaming down her cheek.

Madeleine smiles tightly at her words, having met death itself countless times throughout her life, her ability to hide who sharp her words cut was a testament not many would notice. Daryl did, her notices her quick change in mood.

Daryl, who has spent a considerable amount of time with her, always notices these subtle shifts in her demeanor, reflecting the strength and resilience that have become essential for survival, and he knows she has done a lot of survival way before the end of the world.

He always notices her.

"I know you're in pain. And I'm truly here for you, Carol. Anyways..." She clears her throat, removing her hand back and standing up from the chair. "They're ready."

"Why?"

"'Cause that's your little girl." Daryl chimes in.

Carol shakes her head, "That's not my little girl. That's some other thing." She looks away, Daryl and Madeleine locking eyes for a second. "My Sophia was alone in the woods. All this time I thought... She didn't cry herself to sleep. She didn't go hungry. She didn't try to find her way back. Sophia died a long time ago."

"And that's who you're burying today. Nothing else." Madeleine holds out a hand and Carol takes it, the two of them walking out of the RV with Daryl following behind them.

They join the rest of the group who stand around the graves for a few minutes. The group's experience with death in this new world has made them appreciate the importance of brief yet heartfelt goodbyes, at least some of them.

Carol's need for solitude during her time of grief is understandable, and the group respects her wishes as they part ways, each dealing with their own emotions.

Daryl stands beside Madeleine watching the women head further away from them, breaking the silence which formed around the farm.

"You okay?"

Madeleine locks her eyes with him, her emotionless expression not fooling him anymore. "Are any of us?"

The women walks away from them and heads inside the house, trying to seek the person she has been wanting to talk, for the first time ever needing someone to distract her from the recent events.

"Glenn's not here. He went with your dad to find mine." Maggie's voice fill up the living room, the women narrowing her eyes at her, realising she hadn't seen either of them at the funeral.

"Where?"

"Town, couple of miles from here."

"They took weapons?"

Maggie nods her head, adverting her eyes inside the room and Madeleine narrows her eyes in suspicious. "Yeah, um, my sister she's in shock. I think my father is the only one that'll help her."

"I'm not surprised, she went through a lot today." She points out, crossing her arms over her chest.

Maggie clears her throat from the uncomfortable silence taking over their conversation. "Thank you for defending my father from Shane."

Madeleine shrugs, "Your father saved me and I don't like Shane."

"Why?" Maggie asks with a frown.

"Call it a gut feeling." She adverts her eyes toward the room. "Can I see your sister?"

Madeleine and Maggie enter the room to find Beth in a dazed state, staring at the ceiling with a vacant look in her eyes. They look around, concerned about the people around them who are also witnessing Beth's unusual behavior. The situation appears to be unsettling, and they are unsure about how to handle it.

She crosses her arms, "How long has been like this?"

Patricia wipes Beth's forehead with a wet cloth. "An hour."

Andrea steps up to Madeleine and Lori who has just entered the room with a preoccupied expression. "She's burning up. We need Hershel. He'll know what to do."

"Mads, will you keep an eye on Carl?" Lori questions, attempting to walk away but the women roughly grabs her arm and yanks her back, the older women hissing at the tight grip.

"You're not going after them." Madeleine seethes.

"They could be in danger." She attempts to reason with her, and Madeleine scoffs at her words, the older women sighing as she knows she's about to be told off.

"I wasn't asking. You can't put yourself in danger anymore. If you want to get your pathetic ass killed, do it in 9 months." The younger women whisper-yells at her, ensuring the rest of the people present in the room can't their escalating argument. "How about you be a good housewife and go make food, take care of your son, clean up, feed the chickens, I don't care, just do anything else which won't kill your kid."

She observes Lori's actions of leaving the room with a sense of frustration, as she feels that leaving the group to deal with Beth's condition may not be the most helpful course of action. She knows that the situation is difficult, and it weighs on her mind as she contemplates what to do next.

☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎

Madeleine takes note of the empty seats and the missing faces at the dining table. She's curious about those who are absent and begins to wonder about their whereabouts. As she sits down, she asks the group about the missing members, trying to piece together the situation.

"Where's Lori?"

The group looks around at each other as if waiting for any of them to have an answer to her question, but when the silence remains, the women clenches her jaw in anger.

"She went after them."

Madeleine storm off the house, ignoring the protest of the group running after her. She notices Daryl's stuff is no longer around their camp as the man moved it as far away as possible to isolate himself.

She strolls over to him, the man having been carving wooden arrows, looks up at her. "Where's Lori?"

Daryl raises an eyebrow as he continues to carve the wooden arrows. "Dunno," he replies gruffly. "Ain't her keeper. She walked off." His tone is somewhat dismissive, and he doesn't seem too concerned about Lori's whereabouts.

"She talk to you?" Madeleine clarifies.

"She asked me to go, I told her I was done being an errand boy." Madeleine scoffs at his words and attempts to walk away, but the man stands up and calls out after her. "Where do you think you going, Madeleine?"

"I'm going after her."

"Are you crazy?"

"Yes, I am."

Daryl gently hoovers his hand over her arm, calling out her name and she notices it, tilting her head to the side as the gesture makes her pause.

She turns to look at him, her expression curious. "What?" she asks, wondering what else he wants to say to her.

"She'll be fine. By now she found them and they're on their way back." He reasons, the women looks back at him in utter disgust.

"You're an asshole. You know, you're hurting. I accept it. It sucks about Sophia, but you have no right to take it out on others."

Daryl stares back at her, trying his hardest to push down the cut her words caused. "We have a lot more in common than we realise then."

"Nah, y'all Dixons are just the same."

She storms away from him, heading toward the horse stable and she grabs a horse, mounting it and heading off the farm. The wind whips through her hair, and she's determined to find Lori, alive and her unborn sibling.

The women rides through the wind as fast as the horse, and she grabs her bow and arrow when she notices a walker. Madeleine skillfully takes down the walker with a well-aimed arrow and continues her ride.

As she approaches the flipped car, she slows down to investigate, curious about what might find inside. She looks around the area, noticing the dead walkers before she runs back to the horse and continues heading off.

After a couple of more minutes, she notices a figure walking down the road. Lori turns around when she hears the horse, Madeleine hoping off and running toward her, resisting the urge to slap her across the face.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Madeleine pushes Lori back, the older women stumbling back a few feet, knowing the encounter wasn't going to be a sweet one, but she hoped if anyone came to aid her, it would be Shane. "Clearly, you weren't! Your life means nothing to me, but you are carrying my sibling and I will not let anything happen to them which means I have to give a crap about your life, so get on that horse before I do something I won't regret."

Lori looks both surprised and relieved to see Madeleine. "I'm fine. Looked down at the map and hit a walker. I'm not going back until I find your father."

"I give you 2 options; you get on that horse conscious, or you get on that horse unconscious." She points over at the horse, the women looking down at the ground, ensure if the little girl she had met is the same one standing in front of her. "I'll give 5 seconds to think about it."

Lori quickly mounts the horse and doesn't say a word, understanding the gravity of the situation and the concern for her unborn child. Madeleine leads the way back to the farm, a mixture of worry and annoyance still etched on her face.

☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎

Both of the women get off the horse, the group gathering around and Shane doesn't hesitate to run over to the women. Shane examines Lori and checks on her condition with his flashlight, making sure both Lori and the unborn child are fine after the reckless decisioon. Lori's tense face starts to ease as she receives the medical attention and support from the group.

"Let's get you inside, you need to rest. You've been through enough." Shane proposes, gently grabbing Lori's arm but the younger Grimes steps in front of them.

"Like hell she has. You're pregnant! Did you think about that before getting into that car?!" She fires at her, the news looming over the group as they look at each other with widen eyes.

"I-Rick's not back yet?"

Madeleine smirks, crossing her arms. "Doesn't feel good, does it?"

Shane steps in the middle of their glaring contest to break it before it escalates the time bomb in Madeleine's head. "I will find him. Now look, first things first- I gotta look after you. I gotta make sure the baby's all right, okay?"

"You're having a baby?" Carl's voice booms from behind them, spinning around to face the young boy. "Why didn't you tell me?" He turns toward his sister. "Did you know Mads?"

The news of Lori's pregnancy leaves the group in shock, their silence filling the air. Lori turns to Madeleine for help, but the young woman is at a loss for words, uncertain about how to react or what to say in this tense moment. They simply watch Carl run away from them, feeling the betrayal and disappointment they didn't trust him enough to tell him.

Dale places a hand on Lori's shoulder, leading her inside the house. "Come on. Let's make sure you're all right."

Carol approaches Madeleine as she leads the horse back to the stable. The weight of the recent revelation and the tension between the group hang in the air for a few moments before Carol finally breaks the silence.

"Have you spoke to Daryl?"

Madeleine arches an eyebrow at her words, "About what exactly?"

Carol looks down, mumbling under her breath, "He's pushing everyone away. I'm worried for him."

"How's that my problem?" She snaps at the women, shaking her head as she places the horse inside the stable, turning to Carol with a sigh. "It's not yours either, Carol. This is the way he is, let him be. Whatever you tell him, he'll just throw empty words back at you. He's hurt and too proud to admit it. So, how is that my problem? I have enough to worry about."

"He'd listen to you." She states, knowing both of them are more alike than they have realised.

She shakes her head, "No, he won't."

"He does, Mads. Just think about it. He needs a friend."

As Madeleine watches Carol walk away, she's left with Carol's worry about Daryl pushing everyone away. She sighs and goes against her own judgment and words as she heads inside the RV, noticing Daryl eating an apple.

"A baby, yeah?"

"Tired of your little camp over there?" She questions, crossing her arms over her chest with an arched eyebrow.

Daryl scoffs, wiping the corner of his lips with a cloth. "Cut the shit, Mads."

"You're one to speak. Why are you being such a little bitch toward everyone?" She asks, placing her hands on the table and the man gives her his full attention, chucking the apple on the bin.

"For someone who couldn't care less about anyone but her brother, you sure as hell put yourself in risk to save a lot of people."

''Like you?" Madeleine fires back at him, Daryl pauses for a moment, her words hitting home. He looks away, unable to hold her gaze.

As they stand before at each other, there's a palpable tension in the air. Both Daryl and Madeleine seem to have a lot on their minds, and their small exchange of words has left them at an impasse. They share a moment of silence, neither quite knowing how to break it.

"Carol has a good heart, she cares about you even when you push her away or say harsh words to her, she's the only person in this group who gives crap about you. Stop being a little bitch to her, she doesn't deserve it." Madeleines' words strike a chord with Daryl, her directness and honesty cut through his defenses, making him reconsider his behavior and the relationships he's been neglecting.

"She's the only one, yeah?"

"Why? Does it bother you?" She makes a move to walk away but pauses in her step, glancing over at him. "But, hey, if you want you can leave. You're all about doing it all on your own, right? No one will stop you, Daryl. I doubt we'd even notice." Her straightforwardness and her ability to hit Daryl with hard truths leave him somewhat stunned and on the defensive.

Their exchange showcases her willingness to challenge his behavior and attitudes, even if it means pushing his buttons.

"You know, you're full of shit. All that speech to Carol, defending Glenn, protecting Dale, and the rest... you're a hypocrite." Daryl's frustration and anger in response to Madeleine's directness are evident as he labels her a hypocrite.

"No, I'm a realist. That shit doesn't mean I care, it means there's one person messing with them which I hate. That's why I stepped up." She steps up to him, pushing a finger against his chest. "Don't look at me waiting for a nice speech and sympathy, and redemption, that's not me."

"You know the truth is... you don't even know yourself who you are."

Their exchange of words leaves a tense atmosphere between them, but it's clear that there's an underlying tension and perhaps a bit of understanding beneath their heated conversation.

Daryl watches as Madeleine walks away, clearly frustrated. He clenches his fists, still grappling with his own feelings and the complexities of the group dynamics.

☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎

A car starts approaching in the distance, making Madeleine pull Carl to stand behind her. The car quickly pulls up in front of them and the group runs out of the house. The arrival of the car with Rick brings a mix of emotions to the group.

Carl is the first one to run over to his father, Lori quickly hugging him as Maggie runs over to Glenn. Glenn walks past them and she gives him a strange look, Madeleine noticing Glenn's behavior and is curious about what might have transpired.

"Patricia, prepare the shed for surgery." Hershel calls out, Hershel running around to open the passengers seat.

"Are you hurt?"

Rick places a hand on Lori's cheek, observing her wounds with wounds. "No, but what happened to you?"

"She tried to go after you. Got into a car accident. I went to the rescue. And now Carl knows she's pregnant, so does the whole group." Madeleine spits out, not seeing a reason to beat around the bush.

"Are you crazy! You could've-."

T-Dog frowns, "Who the hell is that?"

The group is puzzled and alarmed as they see the stranger in the car with a blindfold. Tensions rise as they prepare to find out more about this unexpected guest.

"That's Randall."

Rick leads the group inside the house to have a talk with them about their new guest. Madeleine remains watchful as the group discusses their next steps, running out for half of their conversation. She keeps a close eye on the stranger in the shed, ready to react if any trouble arises.

"We couldn't just leave him behind. He would've bled out, if he lived that long." Rick informs the group seating around the table with confusion waving over them as to what to do with the stranger.

"It's gotten bad in town." Glenn adds.

Andrea crosses her arms, "What do we do with him?"

Hershel breaks the silence forming amongst them, wiping his bloody hands on the cloth. "I repaired his calf muscle, as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week."

"When we is, we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way." Rick states, a few of the people shaking their heads in disagreement.

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea points out.

Daryl's presence is acknowledged by Madeleine and Carol as he enters the house. Madeleine quickly looks away from his intense stare, her words from their previous conversation still fresh in his mind. He gives Carol a nod, and she responds with a smile, indicating some level of acceptance.

Rick shrugs, "He'll have a fighting chance."

"Just gonna let him go? He knows where we are." Shane points out and the younger Grimes women hates herself for agreeing with him.

Rick shakes his head, attempting to reassure the group. "He was blindfolded the whole way here. He's not a threat."

"Not a threat. How many were there? You killed three of their men, you took one of them hostage, but they just ain't gonna come looking?"

"They left him for dead. No one is looking." Rick argues back.

"We should still post a guard." Madeleine chimes in, a few of them nodding at the idea as they want to feel safe in their own space.

Hershel sighs, making his voice known, "He's out cold right now, will be for hours."

"You know what? I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy." Shane scoffs, making his way out of the house. "Look at this, folks- we back to fantasyland."

Hershel seethes at his words, causing for Shane to turn around and face him. "You know, we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet. Let me make this perfectly clear, once and for all. This is my farm. Now I wanted you gone. Rick talked me out of it, but that does mean I have to like it. So do us both a favour. Keep your mouth shut." Hershel spits out, Shane sighs and walks out of the house.

"We're not gonna do anything about it today. Let's just cool off." Rick steps up, worry not leaving the group as the man runs a hand through his hair.

As the rest of the group leaves, Madeleine takes a seat in front of Glenn. She notices Daryl walking out of the house, and she sees Carol trying to approach him. It seems like there's still some tension in the air, and Madeleine watches the developments carefully as they part ways without another word.

"What happened?"

Glenn sighs, knowing there's no point on not telling her what happened during their encounter. "I froze. They were shooting and I... I froze." he pauses, slowly nodding his head. "It's because of what she said."

"I think it's more than that." She states, Glenn looking up at her as if trying to find the answers he's been searching for about how he felt. "You were worried. That's why you froze. But you weren't worried about yourself, you were worried about her."

Glenn nods, "I was worried about losing her."

Madeleine rolls her eyes, standing up and moving to seat next to the man and they lock eyes on each other. "Then tell her. How stupid are you? She cares about you, you care about her. There's no blueprint for it, just suck up and do it."

"For someone who see love as a human weakness-."

She interrupts him, "That will never change. Just glad you made it back in one piece."

She stands up to walk away in search for her father, hearing Glenn's voice call out after her. "One more day down, Mads. Our streak will never end."

Madeleine spots Rick walking past the house, and she urgently runs up to him, calling out his name. She knows there's something she needs to tell him, something important, even if it might be difficult for him to hear.

"Rick!"

Rick spins around to look at her in slight confusion and worry at the urge she has wavering her expression. "Mads, you okay?"

"We need to talk."

Rick frowns, "About what?"

"Shane."

☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎☠︎

I thought this chapter was going to be longer, I was too into it when writing it haha

Mads snapping at everyone on this chapter was a mood, especially Lori and Daryl who were acting that way during these two episodes.

I wanted to ask you guys, as it has been brought up to my attention, if you are getting notified when new chapters are being published.

I will be updating every Monday through Friday, if I ever can't stick to this schedule, I will publish a note on my board.

Gif made by me.

Thank you for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 910 16
แด„แด€ส€สŸ ษขส€ษชแดแด‡๊œฑ x แดœษดแด…แด‡แด€แด… ๊œฐแด‡แด!แดแด„ โ™ข ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ง ๐๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ก. ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ. โ™ข ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก...
55.3K 1K 103
โ™กโ™ก๏ธŽ ๐˜๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜š๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ'๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜ž๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ธ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ๐˜ด ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๏ฟฝ...
5.9K 164 18
"แด›แด‡สŸสŸ แดแด‡, ษช'แด สแดแดœส€ แดษชแด…ษดษชษขสœแด› แดแดœ๊œฑแด‡, แดกส€ษชแด›แด‡ แด€ส™แดแดœแด› แดแด‡ แดกสœแด‡ษด สแดแดœ'ส€แด‡ แด€สŸแดษดแด‡, แดกสœษช๊œฑแด˜แด‡ส€ แด›แด แดแด‡ แด€สŸสŸ สแดแดœส€ ๊œฑแด‡แด„ส€แด‡แด›๊œฑ, ๊œฐแด‡แด‡สŸ แดแด‡ ษชษด สแดแดœส€ ส™แดษดแด‡๊œฑ." ๐˜›๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ...
219K 7.1K 65
๐‚๐š๐ฅ๐ข ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ฆ๐š๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ก๐ข๐ฆ. ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ค๐ง๐ž๐ฐ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ž๏ฟฝ...