Running(unedited)

By In_Vision

Wren Black, for as long as she could remember, has always been on the run from rogue werewolves. The same rog... More

Running (edited)
New Home (edited)
Emotions(edited)
First Day (edited)
Arising Suspicion (edited)
On Edge (edited)
Can't get Away
Unwanted advances
Outcast
They're Here
Secret Pain
Territorial Fun
Healing
Can't be Alone
A Growing Romance
Pushing him Away
Different Opinions
Getting into something Reckless
Here Goes Nothing
I Imprinted?!
Another Death
Now He Knows Everything
Reason for the Looks
For Me?
Enlightened
Because of Me
I'm Leaving
Bait
Meeting Damien
Entitled
No Remorse
Destined to A Dead Man
Side Effect
True Feelings
Consumed
I found you again
Safe House
Keep on Coming
Danger Lurks Ahead
Glass
Stranded
Not Safe
Repercussions
Familiar Face
Unleashed Emotions
Tough Times
Home
Drained
Alpha
Irrecovable
An End
Last Casualty

Agreement

538 44 1
By In_Vision

PLEASE PLAY SONG ABOVE ^^^^^

What I forgot to tell them all was that I had no way of getting in touch with my father. It wasn't like he had given me his business card or anything. He stalked me for the last ten years. I'd say our relationship is more than a distance thing.

Pacing across my room, I thought about how I would get in touch with him, convince him that I've left the anger aside so we can find Nick and fight Damien. My father has left with a very big scar and the only way I see that he can make up for it is by helping me to get Nick back, even after he tried to convince me he was dead.

Albeit Albert would know how to get in touch with my dad. If I'm not mistaken he did give my aunt his number. "Aunt Mae!" I called walked into her room-or rather, hers and Dr. Richard's room. She looked up at me. Apparently, I was getting between her and a new book she was currently midway through. Guess that's why she was giving me such a nasty look.

She sighed as she closed the book to give me her full attention, "what is it?"

"Albert, he gave you his number, didn't he?" I asked. She nodded before getting up and going through her purse, which was sitting in the corner behind the door. She handed me the card and went straight back to her book. "Thanks."

Quickly, I went back to my room and dialed the number. Albert didn't pick up until the fifth ring. For some reason the waiting made it harder for me to ask what I was about to ask.

"Hello," Albert's voice came through the phone.

"Albert. It's Wren. Harrison's daughter," I paused, waiting for him to remember.

"Yeah, I remember," he replied. "Do you need something? Has Damien shown up?"

"No, No. It's not that," I took a deep breath and exhaled. "I need to get in touch with him. Damien is a lot closer than we thought and we're going to need all the help we can get. And right now he's my only hope. Do you know where he is?" That seriously pained me to say. The father who abandoned me and my pack for a dead woman was my only hope. Makes for a great soap opera.

"Yeah sure. I'll go get him."

Well, I didn't expect Albert to be in close proximity with my father. I was hoping I could wait a day with the information Albert was going to give me. Guess that was asking for too much.

"Hello," my dad answered. I honestly didn't want to answer. "Hello?"

"Y-yeah," I stuttered, mentally cringing. I feel like I've hit rock bottom going to him. "Look, you said you had an army and right now, we need an army. Damien is in the United States now. Alpha thinks he's about to wage a war."

"Oh, really," he replied. I could picture the look he had on his face, smirking as if he had won some battle, but one thing he'll never win is the father-of-the-year award. "So you're ready to take me up on my offer?"

I hesitated before saying, "we need all the help we can get, so if you have a pack, then they could-"

"That's not what I had in mind, Wren. I wanted you to have a pack that was worthy of you. One that you could lead," a small lump formed in my throat. "Are you ready to be the Alpha of this pack or not. If not, then we cannot be a part of this war."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I snapped. I knew it was bound to happen but I didn't' think it would come out so soon. I should have known that his mindset would never change. He had such a negative effect on me. "I'll telling you that I need your help! Damien is coming for us and countless others. Who knows, you pack may even be a target. What's so wrong with allying with us? I don't understand you!" My jaw clenched as I roughly jumped on my bed.

"If Damien decided to challenge us, then we'll deal with it. Is that all you called to talk about?" he simply asked. I didn't have the restraint to no curse him out so I didn't say anything. And after about two minute of silence, he just hung up.

"Selfish bastard!" I screamed into the phone until I threw it against the wall, watching it crash into piece and fall to the floor. "Shit! My phone!" Ah fuck! What if Nick tried to call me?

*

*

At dinner, things were pretty quiet. Again no words from Nick, but apparently the Alpha's niece is getting married. It sucks being in love and not being able to be with the person you're in love with.

"Aunt Mae," she turned to me. "I broke my phone."

"What?" She dropped her fork. "How did you do that?"

My eyes darted from her to Dr. Richard, who seemed too involved with his food. I bit my lip before saying, "...by throwing it against my wall."

"What!" she glared at me. "Why would you throw your phone against the wall? You know how much that thing cost me?"

"I'm sorry," I murmured as I dug my fork into my mashed potatoes, already losing my appetite. "I talked to my da-I mean, Harrison, today and he made me so mad. He's so pigheaded and entitled." I began to jab my fork into the potatoes. "Can you believe he said he wouldn't help us unless I decided to be the 'Alpha' of his new pack? He acted as if I'm not happy where I am!"

Aunt Mae place a hand on my mind, I suspect to keep me from breaking the plate. "Harrison has a lot of shit going on with him, but you have to understand that not everything is just about you, Wren. I know you love it here and I know this is the first 'real' home you've had. Maybe being the leader of your own pack won't be so bad. You won't have to keep running anymore. You can be a normal teen. You'll be able to have friends, family, and a promising future. And it's sad," Aunt Mae stop as tears flowed down her cheeks, "...that I wasn't good enough to give you that. I was supposed to protect you."

"Aunt Mae," I gave her a sorrowful look while Dr. Richards, rub one of her shoulders. "You give me everything. If it wasn't for you, I would have been dead a long time ago, and you've risked so much for me. You've always been enough. You're the strongest woman I know and I'll be damned if anyone else would beg to differ." I didn't realize how much our conversation was effecting me until my voice heightened and tears of my own flowed.

*

*

Dinner was a bit emotional so Dr. Richard recommended that we all watch a movie together, a comedy. It distracted me for about an hour and a half, but once I went back to my room, everything can back. Nick is here. But untouchable. Ethan is conflicted about his feeling towards me and the fact that his brother is gone because of me. My father want me to lead a pack I know nothing about. And last but not lease, Aunt Mae thinks she did a crappy job of raising me. Sometimes I wonder how I could fuck up so many lives just by doing nothing.

Ring...ring...ring.

"Hello," Albert answered immediately this time.

"Yeah, it's me again. Can you put me on with Harrison?" I said chewing on my inner lip.

"Harrison? You don't call him 'dad' or 'father'?" Albert asked. I understand that it was weird that I was calling my dad by his first name, but I don't think of him as my father. I haven't for a long time. My real father died a long time ago with the rest of my pack. And the man that now shows his face and make demands is just some bitch who stalked me and lied to me about Nick.

"He's not my father anymore." Albert didn't speak for a while. "Can you just get him?"

"Uh...yeah, wait a sec."

"Hello," the familiar voice rang through the phone. "Wren?"

"Okay," I breathed out a sigh. "I'll do it. I'll be the Alpha. But you have to promise me that they will help us."

"That won't be an issue. Anything else?"

"Yeah," I replied as I drew in a sharp breath. "Once this thing with Damien is over, and if I survive, I want you gone. I want you to leave here and never look back."

"What?" He chuckled over the phone. "I am the one who has to teach you. You won't be able to leave these people without me. Stop being ridiculous."

"Well, those are my terms. I really don't want you in my life anymore. Everything that has happened to me is because of you. God," I started getting hysterical thinking about the smug look he might have on his face, "you've ruined my life!"

"I didn't ruin your life!" he shouted, making me flinch. Not even the distance between us could make him loose his Alpha prestige. I felt like I was trending on thin water. There was a limit of how much he was take and I was bringing it to him quickly. "Sometimes you can be just as foolish as your mother! I thought I was doing what was best for all!"

"How is selling me for land and another woman best for all?! No, you were doing what was best for you. You always have Harrison!" I had shouted to loud that my throat became sore and hoarse. "Just admit that you have your own motive from the start. Just stop lying to me!"

"You want me gone after this thing with Damien, then I'm gone. Come to 1278 Clarkson Street at 9 am tomorrow," and just like the conversation was over and he hung up.

Well this is going to be interesting.

*********

A/N

Only 5 more chapters to go!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

284K 7K 44
Winny was so excited when her father told her that her sister was coming to live with them. Her memories of her sister were of a gorgeous older girl...
132 0 24
Wren Grayson was sixteen when her family was murdered by vampires. Left an orphan in a world she didn't even know existed, she turned to a local boar...
1.8M 47.1K 34
"My heart palpitated in my chest as my eyes settled on the beast of the man, my mate, his lips curled away from his teeth and he snarled at anyone wh...
129K 2.1K 29
(**Violence in some parts**) Abused physically and mentally. Diana takes it all for her sister Emma, the only blood related person she has left. She...