ˏ⁀➷ RUNWAY LOVE

Galing kay NEJIVERSE

[ONGOING] ✎ Y/n hates Wriothesley with every fibre of her being..until she doesn't. She hates him until she l... Higit pa

RUNWAY LOVE
i. competition
ii. lights camera..
iv. an exclusive scoop
v. forbidden media
vi. jumbled feelings
vii. unwelcome advances

iii. an aborted mission

404 24 3
Galing kay NEJIVERSE

—WHY exactly did she agree? I mean, was it really worth stepping foot into her enemy's humble abode?

I mean, was the dog even that cute? Photoshop could equally be used for animals right? Sure she was never able to get a pet for herself but was it really worth it?

Immediately when the ravenette opened the door to his home, he was met with a small black and white husky, happily running around his feet with bright blue eyes.

Forget about all the doubts she previously had, it was so worth it.

"And hello to you too, Cerberus", Wriothesley crouched down and ruffled the dog's head. A head that was so full of stickers that Y/n couldn't help but ask.

"What's up with all the stickers?", she asked quizzically, cooing at the very hyper dog.

Wriothesley twirled his keys around his index finger absentmindedly as he walked down the hallway, the sound of his boots bouncing off the corners of the walls.

"That would be the work of the sticker monster who I know can hear me right now but is choosing not to come out", he spoke in a purposely loud voice so the little melusine would hear.

Someone else lives with him? Y/n was confused. Did he have siblings?

No. She shouldn't let herself get distracted from her mission. Wriothesley didn't deserve the luxury of coming home to a cute puppy waiting at the door for his return everyday. He didn't deserve that kind of affection, she did.

Aside from that, and much to Y/n's surprise, his home was awfully pristine and tidy.

Y/n could hardly miss the cabinet of trophies that added a shine to the walls.

Or the large framed photograph of him and Cerberus— the same one that sparked Y/n'a fixation on the husky— hanging proudly on the wall.

It was an absolutely adorable picture.

The dog, not him.

Y/n was disappointed when she noticed the puppy didn't follow the two into the kitchen. That meant she'd actually have to listen to Wriothesley talk instead of playing with the cute ball of fluff.

Y/n sat on the island swivel chair as Wriothesley began to work his magic. It was uncanny really. The way he was able to focus so intensely and handle the ingredients so carefully as if he were an old lady preparing a fresh homemade pie.

It didn't suit his appearance. Y/n's eyes glanced at his forearms adorned with scars, his downturn eyes and his multiple ear piercings.

Anyone who would cross paths with Wriothesley would automatically assume he fought people for fun in his spare time...which wasn't quite off the mark but still.

It was strange but at least he was good at it. She just hoped it wasn't all for show and that it actually tasted good.

"Can you make it warm, I'm not really in the mood for a hot drink", that was a lie, she didn't want to scald herself while carrying out her 'master plan' in her words.

"That's really strange".

"And your tea infatuation isn't?".

"Not in the slightest, no".

I mean really. If she was jealous of his talent she could've just said that. Wriothesley huffed.

"I suppose you wouldn't understand. Not everyone is as gifted as me", he spoke sarcastically as he puffed out his chest in pride.

"Put a sock in it", Y/n tapped her finger against the island impatiently. "Are you nearly done?".

As soon as the question left her lips, Wriothesley placed the tea cup in front of the woman and folded his arms against the island.

"Try it and at least say something nice about it this time", have mercy on his poor poor heart.

The woman picked up the cup and placed it near her lips, letting the sweet aroma perfuse her senses. She took a sip and hummed to herself.

"Well?", an eager Wriothesley questioned.

"Let the taste marinate on my tongue first", she shook her head. Intentionally, the woman missed her lips for a second taste, the liquid splattering onto her sweater.

There was a pregnant pause before she uttered "Oops..".

"Well that's not good", Wriothesley stated the obvious while he looked for something to clean it up with.

Y/n shook her hands in front of her chest in dismissal. "It's okay, just point me in the direction of your bathroom", she had to hide the grin that was just itching to slither onto her lips.

As if she were a local in his home, he said "Down the hall, first door on the right", thank goodness she wasn't actually planning on going to the bathroom or else she would've surely got lost with those vague directions.

She nodded her head and exited the room.

She tiptoed through they long hallway as if she were some sort of spy, keeping an eye out for the small puppy.

And as if the universe read her mind, she sighted the dog who was nudging a small rubber ball with his nose.

Y/n completely gushed out with silent aw's at the simple gestures of the husky.

"Here boy", she whispered as she crouched down and placed her two hands in front of her. The dog lifted his head up to see who exactly was disturbing his playtime which cause the rubber ball to roll into the slightly agape room on the left.

Instead of paying any attention to the woman crouched down before him, Cerberus followed his beloved ball which he'd known for much longer than the woman herself.

Y/n felt slightly defeated but shuffled closer to the dog either way.

Upon coming closer to the room in which Cerberus scurried into, the first thing her eyes took notice of amongst other things were the three unique paintings which rested on the floor and perched against the wall.

They looked familiar to her but she couldn't quite put her finger on it, or maybe her mind was playing jokes on her but she could've sworn she saw them somewhere before. She pushed the thought to the back of her mind for the time being, she had other priorities.

"You have an awful sense of direction", a husky voice came from behind her. She internally cursed herself for taking so long.

"Yeah...", she turned around and immediately as she did so, Wriothesley squatted down and patted the tea stain with a damp towel.

Y/n's eyes widened slightly in surprise. She just couldn't understand it. Why he insisted on offering his acts of kindness to her...it kinda made it hard for her to hate him.

She swatted his hand away. "It's okay, I'll sort it out when I get home", she voiced.

"You sure?", with a head tilt and soft facial features, his eyebrows scrunched up as he looked up at her.

Y/n felt her face get warm, averting her face to the side. His eyes were so genuine that it made her feel bad for continuously giving him the cold the shoulder.

"I...I'm gonna go now", she blurted, taking a few steps back before Wriothesley stood to his full height and nodded towards the window.

"It's pouring rain".

She groaned. Was the universe trying to play some sort of cliche trick on her? The one where the male lead offers one of his shirts to the female lead with an abundance of tension following shortly after?

Not on her watch.

"I'll text Navia to pick me up", Y/n thought she deserved a pat on the back for coming up with that solution so quickly. A brisk text to Navia asking for a lift from her 'friend's' house and she had successfully avoided what could've been the worst day of her life.

She rubbed Cerberus' head softly. "Don't worry boy, I won't give up just yet", she spoke under her breath. There was always another day. But man was this day a complete waste of her time!

———————————

"Navia's here....thank you for the tea", I mean it was common courtesy. She couldn't just leave without saying anything. "It was...mediocre".

"I'll take it", it was better than the vile words she used to tell of her hatred for tea the other day.

Y/n opened the door to see herself out. She turned her head around. "Don't follow me out", she forewarned. If Navia saw that her so called 'friend' was the person she hated the most, she would never hear the end of it not to mention the embarrassment she'd feel.

Wriothesley raised a brow, a grin playing on his lips. "Why? Are you embarrassed of me?", he teased.

Y/n rolled her eyes so dramatically that Wriothesley thought they'd get stuck looking up at the ceiling. Y/n deemed her eye roll as a good enough answer. She didn't need to give any further explanation.

The woman ran towards the car as to avoid getting drenched from the rain and closed the car door after her.

"Thanks for getting me", Y/n thanked Navia who punched her shoulder playfully. Y/n hummed in sheer confusion and averted her gaze to where Navia was looking.

Wriothesley who stood at the entrance of his home with the front door slightly ajar, gave a closed-eye smile and a wave to the two women.

Y/n's eyebrow twitched involuntarily and she massaged her temples. "Navia, please start driving", she had enough of the man and his antics to last her a life time.

Technically, he never followed her outside as per her demand, yet he still was able to find a way to embarrass her. He knew damn well what he was doing.

Forget the genuine eyes bullshit, it was simply a moment of weakness. He still pisses her off.

A/N: everywhere ive said wrestler, i meant boxer (i edited the chapters so far but in case i missed any) just found out they're not the same thing 💀

Make sure to vote and have a great day/ peaceful night

Word count: 1686 words
Date: 3/12/23
           (D/M/Y)

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

5.8K 125 4
"We finally meet Y/N" the white haired sorcerer grinned at you as he held you hostage. You felt another presence in the chamber. A presence, aura you...
34M 928K 63
Seventeen-year-old Scarlett Hayes is living her life by her own rules. Losing her parents at a young age has made her strong and fiercely independent...
139K 5.3K 40
➯「"𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒚 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆, 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑰 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒅. 𝑳𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒚 𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒐𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒕" In which the top students in...
10.3K 1K 12
I will protect you! Han Yujin ♡ Kim Gyuvin YuVin <3