iii. an aborted mission

—WHY exactly did she agree? I mean, was it really worth stepping foot into her enemy's humble abode?

I mean, was the dog even that cute? Photoshop could equally be used for animals right? Sure she was never able to get a pet for herself but was it really worth it?

Immediately when the ravenette opened the door to his home, he was met with a small black and white husky, happily running around his feet with bright blue eyes.

Forget about all the doubts she previously had, it was so worth it.

"And hello to you too, Cerberus", Wriothesley crouched down and ruffled the dog's head. A head that was so full of stickers that Y/n couldn't help but ask.

"What's up with all the stickers?", she asked quizzically, cooing at the very hyper dog.

Wriothesley twirled his keys around his index finger absentmindedly as he walked down the hallway, the sound of his boots bouncing off the corners of the walls.

"That would be the work of the sticker monster who I know can hear me right now but is choosing not to come out", he spoke in a purposely loud voice so the little melusine would hear.

Someone else lives with him? Y/n was confused. Did he have siblings?

No. She shouldn't let herself get distracted from her mission. Wriothesley didn't deserve the luxury of coming home to a cute puppy waiting at the door for his return everyday. He didn't deserve that kind of affection, she did.

Aside from that, and much to Y/n's surprise, his home was awfully pristine and tidy.

Y/n could hardly miss the cabinet of trophies that added a shine to the walls.

Or the large framed photograph of him and Cerberus— the same one that sparked Y/n'a fixation on the husky— hanging proudly on the wall.

It was an absolutely adorable picture.

The dog, not him.

Y/n was disappointed when she noticed the puppy didn't follow the two into the kitchen. That meant she'd actually have to listen to Wriothesley talk instead of playing with the cute ball of fluff.