The Littlest Bitty

By LiveOnShadow

[Y/N] was just going about her day gathering food and materials for her fellow Bitties, when she spots someth... More

Chapter 1: A day in the life of [Y/N]...
Chapter 2: Alvin and the Big Wide World
Chapter 3: Spooky Scary Skeletons
Chapter 4: I Have So Many Questions!... Do You Like Pancakes?
Chapter 5: The Helpful Giant Skeletons
Chapter 6: Home Coming
Chapter 7: The Gentle Skeletons
Chapter 8: Alette, the myth, the legend!
Chapter 9: Pent-Up
Chapter 10: All Good Days Must Come To An End..
Chapter 11: Not All Giants Are Gentle

Chapter 12: Out of the Frying Pan and Into the (Curious) Fire

154 14 3
By LiveOnShadow

Edge POV:

"WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING FOR A RUN! DON'T YOU AGREE EDGY ME?" Papyrus Prime asks.

I continue doing my stretches, not even looking in his direction as I reply, "HEAT, RAIN, OR SNOW, IT WON'T STOP ME FROM PERFORMING MY MORNING TRAINING."

"I KNOW THAT," Papyrus sighs, "BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE CAN'T APPRECIATE IT WHEN WE GET GOOD WEATHER."

I just hum in acknowledgment as I continue my stretches. Soon, Blue and Razz come out of the house to join us.

"TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH TO JOIN US." I call out to them.

"I'M NOT GOING ON MY MORNING RUN WITHOUT MY COFFEE." Razz states.

I scoff, "WEAK."

"THERE IS NOHTING WRONG WITH A QUICK PICK ME UP, TO START THE DAY." Blue says cheerily as he stretches his arms above his head.

As he says this, my brother and the ashtray step outside. They both look as if they will fall back to sleep at any moment while holding their mugs of coffee.

"you tell 'em bro," Stretch says as he takes a large sip of his coffee, "angel knows i need it..."

"you and me both." was my brother's reply as he takes a seat on one of the rocking chairs on the porch.

I just roll my eyelights, "IF YOU ARE QUITE DONE, I WOULD LIKE TO GO AHEAD AND GET STARTED."

"WHAT? IN A HURRY TO LOSE?" Razz asks mockingly with his arms crossed.

I was ready to reply, but was cut off by the ashtray's words, "nah, more like, in a hurry to see a certain bitty. am i right, edgelord?"

This guy thinks he knows everything...

"I JUST WANT TO GET THIS OVER WITH. I HAVE OTHER THINGS TO DO TODAY." was my reply.

He huffs, "what things?"

"L-LOTS OF THINGS!" I unfortunately stutter, "IMPORTANT THINGS! THINGS THAT ARE NOT YOUR BUSINESS."

He looks as if he were about to say something, but gets cut off by his brother, "DON'T WORRY EDGE, I'M SURE WE'LL GET THROUGH OUR RUN IN NO TIME, SO YOU CAN DO ALL THOSE IMPORTANT THINGS! LET'S GO!"

He runs off to the edge of the forest, where we usually start our run, the others follow behind. I was just about to follow myself, when my own brother decided to call out.

"say hello to [y/n] for us!"

I stop in my tracks and turn to glare at him, "YOU COULD GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS, AND COME RUNNING WITH US TO TELL HER YOURSELF."

"nah," he responds while taking a sip of coffee, "maybe i can pop by the tree later when i'm more awake. you knuckle heads go on ahead with your run."

"LAZYBONE..." I mutter as I make my way to the others...

❤❤❤❤♡❤❤❤❤

"DO YOU REALLY THINK [Y/N] WILL BE THERE AGAIN TODAY?" Blue asks hopefully, as we all run down the forest path.

"WELL, SHE WAS THERE YESTERDAY." Papyrus answers, "AND SHE SEEMED TO BE FULLY HEALED, SO WHY NOT?"

"CAUSE, LIKE SHE SAID YESTERDAY," Razz argues, "THEY STILL HAVE PLENTY OF FOOD. YESTERDAY WAS JUST HER TRYING TO GET OUT OF THE VILLAGE FOR THE DAY."

"THAT IS TRUE..." Blue says disappointedly...

"THAT MAY BE TRUE," Papyrus speaks up, "BUT THAT DOESN'T NECCESSARILY MEAN SHE DEFINATELY WON'T BE THERE! PLUS, IT WOULDN'T HURT TO CHECK."

"ALWAYS THE OPTIMIST..." I mutter.

"WHY THANK YOU EDGY ME!" Papyrus beams.

"THAT WASN'T-"

"COME ON! THE MULBERRY TREE ISN'T TOO FAR AHEAD." Papyrus points out, "WE CAN STOP BY THERE TO HAVE A QUICK LOOK. LET'S GO!"

.

.

.

True to Papyrus' word, it only took us a few minutes to reach the mulberry tree, and everyone was trying to look over all the branches to see if they saw any signs of a Bitty.

"UGH, I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING." Blue says, "DO YOU SEE THEM PAPYRUS?"

"NO, BUT I DIDN'T REALLY SEE THEM THE FIRST FEW TIME WE RAN BY HERE," Papyrus considered, "[Y/N]!? ARE YOU THERE?"

There wasn't any response, but I could sense a soul there. And it wasn't the soul of an animal, it was much more complicated, and it was terrified.

"SOMEONE'S UP THERE," I speak up, "I CAN SENSE THEIR SOUL, BUT SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT..."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, 'SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT'?" Razz presses.

"I SENSE AN ABNORMALLY STRONG AMOUNT OF FEAR IN THEIR SOUL..." I answer.

"YOU DON'T THINK IT'S ANOTHER SQUIRREL, DO YOU?" Papyrus asks.

Blue takes a deep breathe, "I'M GONNA GO HAVE A LOOK. EDGE, WHICH BRANCH ARE YOU SENSING THEM FROM?"

"ONE OF THE LOWER BRANCHES." I answer as I point directly where I'm sensing the soul from.

Blue climbs up the trunk of the tree to the branch I had pointed out. He almost looks like those creatures humans call koalas while hanging on to it, as he searches through the leaves.

"OH HEY, I FOUND SOMETHING," He calls out, "I THINK IT'S ALVIN. HEY ALVIN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

There was suddenly a tiny shriek, and Alvin came tumbling out of the branch! Fortunately, Blue has great reflexes and was able to catch the little guy before he got too far.

"WHOA! CALM DOWN!" Blue tries to tell the Bitty as he jumps out of the tree, "IT'S US! DON'T YOU REMEMBER? WE WON'T HURT YOU."

The Bitty remains curled up in the palm of Blue's hand, crying and gasping for breathe.

"OH MY GOODNESS! IS HE ALRIGHT!?" Papyrus asks with worry.

"WHAT HAPPENED!?" Razz demands.

"I-I DON'T KNOW." Blue responds as he uses a finger to rub the Bitty's back in comfort, "IT'S OKAY... IT'S OKAY... EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OKAY."

"Noooooooo!" Alvin wails, "No it's nooooooot! It's NOT okay!"

"OH DEAR..." was all Blue said to that.

"OH NO, ARE YOU HURT LITTLE BITTY?" Papyrus asks, "JUST SAY THE WORD AND WE'LL TRY OUR BEST TO HEAL YOU."

"MORE IMPORTANTLY," Razz butts in, "WHY ARE YOU OUT HERE ALONE AGAIN? WHY ISN'T [Y/N] WITH YOU?"

"She's gooooooonne!" The Bitty wailed louder, "They t-t-took her! She's gone! The giant took her, and now she's GONE!!!"

Everybody was shocked into silence upon hearing this. I felt a cold chill run down my spine...

Then...

Then I felt rage boil up inside of me.

❤❤❤❤♡❤❤❤❤

[Y/N]'s POV:

Darkness...

The giant who had captured me had placed the large glass object I was encased in into some kind of bag. I had given up on screaming for help... No body came... If I hadn't left for the mulberry tree so early, would the others have been there to protect me? What about Alvin!? Will he be able to get back to the Village safely!? I hope the others find him... At least they could protect him, and take him home... What was going to happen to me...?

And who was this giant anyways!? They aren't a skeleton like the others, they looked more lizard like. And what do they want from me? Going by what they said before, they were specifically looking for me. They knew my kind existed, but how? Our kind have stayed hidden for generations, the skeletons didn't even know what I was.

The sounds from outside were muffled and distorted, but loud. It was disorienting. And the constant sway of the bag didn't help either. I had know clue how far we had gone, or in what direction. We could be any where. There were times when we would stop for moment, only to start moving again, I wonder why that was.

Suddenly there was light! The giant had opened up the top part of the bag, letting light shine down on the glass container. They reached inside and grabbed the container I was in and yanked it out of the bag. The sudden transition from the darkness to the light was nearly blinding, and I had to cover my eyes for a moment. In that moment the container had been placed down on something. Once my eye adjusted, I looked down, and saw I had been placed on some sort of table. I looked around more, and all I could see was white all around. We had to be inside somewhere, were we inside this giants home?

The giant suddenly opened up the top of the jar and peered inside at me, "Fascinating... I wonder why you don't try to get out."

"I'm surrounded by glass," I answer, "how would I be able to get out right now?"

"Your thinking comprehension is better than a mere animal's." They contemplated.

"I'm not an animal!" I shout!

Suddenly the container is lifted and turned at a severe angle! I tumble out of the top, into the giants hand.

"Then what are you then?" They ask, more to themselves than anybody, "You look human. Are you some type of human?"

"Funny, you're not the first person to ask me that, but no." I reply with frustration, "I've never even seen a human. I'm a Bitty."

The giant just hums at my answer before, not so gently, dropping me on the hard table. I yell indignantly at my rough treatment, but the giant ignores me. I had just gotten back up on my feet, and was rubbing my soar bum, when she was suddenly back right in front of me. She was holding what looked like flat rope? She held it up next me for a second before moving it away to write something in a book. Then she made me hold out my arms and held the flat rope up to them for a sec before writing something else down. Then she wrote something down again after wrapping it around my head for a moment.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

But I didn't get an answer, the giant just continued to mutter to themselves. I couldn't make out most of what they were saying, but at one point I heard something like, 'Just like a chibi'. Whatever that means.

Then she started being even more invasive, poking and prodding. She was trying to look inside my mouth, in my eyes, up my nose!? She had grabbed my arm and pricked me with some kind of needle! That's it! Giant or no giant, I've had enough of this! I pull out my bow and a quill from my quiver and shouted, "Back off!"

The giant, who had not been paying much attention to me, outside of jotting down notes about whatever the poking and prodding were for, turned to look down at me.

"Huh?" was there only response.

"Stop it with the poking and prodding!" I shout, "I'm not an animal, and I'm not a toy!"

But my threats weren't getting through...

"What is this?" the giant asks the reach for me again.

"I said back off!" I yell as I let the quill fly in their direction!

"Ow..." is all they say as the quill penetrates their finger. They look at it quizzically for a second, before just pulling it right out, much to my dismay, "A quill?"

"Hey!" I shout, "Give that back!"

But I don't have much time to react as the giant quickly reaches and grabs my bow from me!

"What the!" I cry in fear, "Give those back! They're mine! You can't just take them!"

But again, I'm ignored as the giant looks them over, "Are these some sort of tools? They're so primitive looking... Guess they aren't very technologically advanced."

BANG BANG BANG

There was suddenly a loud banging sound coming from somewhere.

"Now who in the world could that be?" the giant sighed in frustration.

BANG BANG BANG

"Alright, alright! I'm coming!" the giant shouts before placing my bow and the quill on a table on the other side of them and getting up to leave the room to answer the banging.

Taking advantage of being ignored again I quickly look around for an escape! And much to my fortune, I spot one, this place has one of them windows Stretch told me about. And it was open! I take a step toward it before remembering my bow. I look back and see it quite a long ways away... There's no way I could jump the gap to get it, nor anything to use to grab it...

As much as I really wanted my bow back, it wasn't worth taking the chance, the rude giant could come back at any moment. So, I decide to leave it and make a dash for the window. There are a few gaps here and there, but they are easy to jump, and soon I'm at the bottom of the window! I quickly pull myself up and out of the window. Fortunately, there was a bit of a ledge for me to stand on so I wouldn't immediately fall... Unfortunately, I look down...

It was a long ways down! No tree I had ever climbed went up this high! And what made things worse... I looked around, and couldn't see any forest in sight. I just saw building after building, lights and other things I couldn't name. I even saw a really, really big version of one of those 'televisions' they showed me, sitting on top of another building.

"Where am I?" I ask myself, "How do I get home!?"

I start to hyperventilate as I start to panic. But I don't have time to panic for, cause I can hear the voice of the rude giant getting closer, and they seem to be arguing with someone! I look for a way to go. Didn't really see an easy way down, so I decide to go up. Just maybe, if I'm higher up, I'll be able to see the forest. I pull out two quills from my quiver and imbed them into the wall of the building, and start climbing.

❤❤❤❤♡❤❤❤❤

I make it to the top of the building. I take a moment to catch my breath, hoping the rude giant doesn't think to look for me here. I heard thunder rolling in the distance, but I paid no attention to it for now. I look around and see that the top of this building is pretty barren. Hopefully that means nobody comes up here, don't want to risk running into anymore unknown giants.

After I finish catching my breath, I stand to peek over the edge of the building, hoping the higher vantage point will help me find the forest better. And way, way, way off in the distance, I could see small tree shaped specks. Maybe that's the forest! But I won't be able to know for sure without getting a closer look...

"But how am I supposed to get over there!?" I shout to no one with frustration!

.

.

.

And as if someone had heard me, the wind blew harshly and sent something flying at me, smacking me in the face, and toppling me over.

"Oof! What the!?" I exclaim as I try to get whatever hit me off of me. It was solid, but flimsy. Once I got a good look at it, I could see it was a piece of paper. A giant piece of paper! The width was bigger than me by a couple inches, and the length was definitely more than twice my size. I was brightly colored, and had big bold letters on it, but as I was holding on to it and trying to read what it said, the wind picked up again, catching the paper in it's gust and nearly sweeping me off my feet in the process!

Thankfully I was able to catch myself before it took me far, but it did give me a wonderfully scary idea. I could use the giant paper! So I grabbed hold of two sides of the paper and stood near the edge of the building. Once the tailwind started to pick up again, I jumped.

And the paper caught the current and I started to glide.

"W-W-Whoa!" I cry out as I try to get a hold of my bearings, then sigh with relief when I don't immediately plummet to my immediate death.

As I make my gradual descent I look down and see little dots moving about. Those must be other giants! There are so many of them, but from this high up they look tiny. I must look like nothing to them, from this far away.

I was getting closer and closer to my destination, and I could see the tree shaped specks, look more and more like actual trees. I was so close! Just a little further I thought. Hopefully Alvin is alright, and hasn't gotten into any trouble. Maybe I can still make it to the village in time before anyone notices something is amiss.

Thunder rolls again, but this time much closer! I tense at the sound, suddenly thinking this may not have been such a good idea, after all. And then I see it... A drop... then another... and another.

"Oh no, no, no!" I chant, starting to panic!

A drop hits the paper, it's absorbed, immediately increasing it's weight and accelerating my descent!

"Oh please no!" I practically beg, "Why now, I was so close!"

More drops hit the paper, making it heavier and heavier, until the paper couldn't take it anymore and collapses under it's own weight! I scream as I fall! Fortunately, I had already lost a lot of altitude, so I didn't fall too far, and I some how manage to fall on to something soft and squishy. Although I started to second guess my luck, when I took a whiff...

"Phew! What stinks!?" I exclaim while pinching my nose to try to avoid the stench.

I look around and see I standing on some black, squishy object. It look like a bag, so it must be what's inside it that stinks. I was about to climb off of it when I heard a high pitched squeaky noise! I turned and saw the noise came from a giant door that wasn't too far away.

"Hello? Is somebody out there?" a soft spoken, masculine voice said from behind the door.

I stayed quiet. I did not want to deal with any more unknown giants today, or ever if I could help it. But luck didn't seem to be on my side today, and the owner of the voice decided to step further out the door to look around.

I gasp as I take in the sight of this new giant, they were on fire! No, wait, they were fire!? Their orange glow cast down on me as they turned in my direction and took notice of me.

They were silent for like a good minute before they let out a small, "Oh..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 194 9
IT'S ALIVE??? (Sans x Reader) You... couldn't remember much. Maybe the cargo had a bomb? Maybe your plane was shot down? Maybe you finally have PTSD...
129K 5.7K 17
• Art is by kane__i on Twitter • [Fem!Reader] 『 The group of skeletons were taken aback by the unexpected appearance of who exactly? You, of course. ...
115K 3.2K 27
This is an Undertale Papyrus x Reader. This is also my first story, sorry if it's bad! As if loosing your family wasn't bad enough at a young age, yo...
18.6K 414 15
(Y/N) had always been a rebel. She was the only monster to live on the surface after the war. When suddenly her own kind returns, she gets jealous of...