'True' Love

By DefinitlyZee

[[VERY VERY SLOW UPDATES.]] Sonic finally returns to Physical School after years of doing it virtually. Desp... More

Pt.2 (Not So Bad)
Pt.3 (Party Time)
Authors Note
Pt.4 ('We meet again!')
Chapter 5 - (Late night)

Pt.1 (first day jitters)

168 3 0
By DefinitlyZee

Pt.1

Sonic had to Endure 3 and a half long years of Online school. He was too busy dealing with other things, Such as his mental health, saving parts of the world, etc. However, he's finally able to return to in-person school since his schedule has finally cleared up. Of course, there would be days where he'd have to miss due to his missions but it wouldn't be as often as it used to be so he shouldn't miss much.

This is his Sophomore year of high school, making him a bit anxious since most people already had their own friend groups by now. He tried to not let the thought bother him too much since he knew his outgoing personality would take care of this issue for him.

As luck would have it the online school he attended was the same as the in-person high school he'd be attending. Meaning that he already knew the principal, some of the Teachers, and the staff. This fact didn't help soothe him as much as he'd hoped it would but that was fine. At least he wouldn't have to adapt to a new grading system since it was basically the same. Or at least to his knowledge, it is.

MOST kids Mature during high school so he wasn't too worried about how people would treat him but he knew if he was to run into some sort of physical fight he'd be well prepared.

After a while of not attending physical school, he'd already forgotten how most of it worked and what to do. Though he didn't have much time to figure it out since starting tomorrow he'd be a Mobius High School student.

It was currently his 2nd term since he didn't feel mentally prepared to start up again back then. So he decided to just wait until his first term ended.

He quickly packed his things and set out his clothes making sure to be prepared. He was excited since he'd been previously drained of most if not all social interaction since Missions, Training, and studying took up the majority of his time.

He did have one friend though, Amy. She was his biology tutor for the last two terms. Though he couldn't remember if she still attended that school but he figured that if she did a least he'd have one familiar face to talk to.

[time skip}

As fate would have it the little pep talk he gave himself the night before didn't work since He woke up feeling quite sluggish. he kept randomly waking up in the middle of the night due to how nervous he was.

But it wasn't all bad since he had his driver to bring him to and from school for the rest of the year so at least he wouldn't have to worry about taking public transportation.

Once he arrived he realized that he didn't know the layout of the school, or have a school ID.

After a few embarrassing moments of walking into random classrooms and asking random students in the hallways, he found a map and finally made his way to the office.

He slowly walked up to the front desk and greeted the Orange cat on the opposite side of him.

"Hello..!" he nervously spoke.

"Hi," she kept typing away on her computer not uttering another word to him.

He walked closer and spoke again, "I just transferred here from your online program and I don't have a physical ID.."

"Oh alright," she finally looked up from her computer, "Last name?"

"Hedgehog."

She immediately regretted asking and asked a different question, "Full name?"

"Sonic The Hedgehog?" he smiled.

She typed on her computer for a few seconds then stood up, "Perfect!" she walked towards the printer near her desk picked up Sonic's new ID then walked back to him. "Here you go kiddo!" she gestured her hand while holding his ID towards him.

He reached out and took It

"Thank you"

"Of course, don't worry about being late I'll make sure to inform your teachers that you may be late to class." she smiled.

"Oh! Thank you!" he smiled and stuffed his ID In his quills.

"Mhm," she went back to typing on the computer as Sonic quickly exited the office.

The moment he stepped out of the office the bell rug. He pulled out his phone and walked around a bit waiting for students to clear out while also searching for his class. Once enough people were out of the hallways he began racing around in search of his first period.

He eventually found it across campus, once he stepped through the door the final bell rang. He walked over to the teacher's desk and greeted the teacher.

She made him give out a quick introduction before sending him off to a seat in the far back of the class.

He repeated the same process to get to the rest of his classes until he reached 4th period.

When he heard the bell ring again he assumed lunch had begun and he simultaneously followed the other kids in the hallway, he was too nervous to ask someone for directions and just assumed they were all headed towards the cafeteria.

Once he finally arrived he realized he had no one to sit with and he didn't know if he'd look awkward or just weird by openly sitting by himself. So he just stood to the side leaning against the cafeteria wall while pulling out a book trying to make himself seem occupied as he spaced out.

"Sonic?" A female voice called out his name, he quickly snapped out of his trance and cautiously looked around while trying to figure out who could know him.

"Sonic" the voice repeated, this time it was louder and sounded more confident. He turned his head in the general direction of the voice and immediately recognized the pink hedgehog that slowly walked toward him.

"Amy?" he asked

Upon hearing her name her smile widened as she quickly walked up to him. "Hey Sonic it's so great to finally meet you face to face!"

He let out a sigh of relief, "Oh god, I'm so glad to see you!"

She giggled obviously flattered, "That's so sweet! Do you wanna eat lunch with me?" She asked

"Yeah! I'm not all that hungry right now though-"

"Don't worry about it we can just chat!"

He nodded and followed her as she walked. She turned her head towards him while still walking,

"I thought you were gonna continue online school?"

"Well I was gonna attend at the start of the year but my schedule was tight." He chuckled.

"Ah.. ok fair enough! Are you still going to need tutoring?" She asked

"Hm... Maybe?"

They walked up the steps and were greeted by a group of teens, quickly making Sonic a nervous wreck.

"Hey guys!" Amy called out to them making them all turn their attention towards the two of them. "This is Sonic, he's one of the students I tutored!"

Sonic nervously smiled and waved at them while simultaneously trying to stay as far away from them as possible.

Amy signaled for him to walk closer and he did so, "Heyy?" He started,

"Hey," The white bat standing in the middle of the group replied.

"Aren't you going to get lunch?" The two-tailed fox asked while walking closer to the two. He had a bright voice and a face full of both concern and curiosity.

Sonic playfully shook his head, "Hah no I'm not all that hungry at the moment!"

"Are you nervous?" The bat spoke again.

"Something like that-" he chuckled.

"Nothing to worry about Sonic I'll gladly help you out!" Amy added

"Oh! me too!" The fox peeped in.

"Thanks, Amy-" he quickly cut himself off realizing he didn't know the fox's name.

"Oh, I'm Tails!" He chuckled.

"Almost forgot, Rouge." The bat spoke.

They all went on about their introductions as Sonic stood still trying to remember all of their names while also nodding his head.

All attention was on him until a few more people came up the stairs,

Behind him was a Purple Cat and a White hedgehog.

"Blaze, Silver!" Amy excitedly called out their names while unconsciously grabbing Sonic's shoulders and harshly turning him around to face the two coming toward them.

Silver smiled at them quickly noticing the bright blue hedgehog that stiffly stood beside Amy.

Sonic made eye contact with the both of them and nervously smiled.

"Sonic is here!" She announced, Sonic quickly looked at her breaking eye contact with the two in front of them.

"Oh, cool" Silver responded.

Sonic looked over again this time a bit more casual.

They all decided to sit down on a large round table. Sonic sat in between Tails and Silver, with Amy sitting beside Tails.

"Wow you eat fast," Silver spoke as he put down his tray to sit down.

"Actually I didn't get anything-" Sonic chuckled.

Silver's smile quickly faded turning into a more flustered expression,

"oh.. my bad-" he let out a nervous laugh

Sonic tilted his head a bit, he was a little relieved seeing someone other than him nervous. Everyone else sitting at the table seemed to be either really laid back or really stuck up.

"No worries!" He quickly responded.

Silver's smile returned as he heard him reply. They both chatted for a while until the bell inevitably rang.

Sonic hasn't been late to any of his classes due to his speed but his lack of sense of direction and terrible memory was definitely cutting it close.

"So.. what class do you have next?" Silver asked as he stood up with his empty tray.

"Uhmm..." Sonic pulled out an index card, "Biology!"

"Really? With who?" Silver asked

"Harris?"

Silver immediately lit up, he looked excited. "No way me too!" He smiled

Sonic Chuckled happy at the thought of not being alone.

"looks like you've got yourself a new study buddy," Rouge Nudged Sonics shoulder

Sonic laughed while trying to figure out a proper response.

Eventually, they all spread out into little groups heading their separate ways to find their classes.

Sonic followed Silver to their next class, they both made sure to walk as slowly as possible to try and take up as much time as possible before having to go to their next class.

"Does Amy talk about the people she tutors that often?" He asked, "Because you guys sure do seem to know a lot about me-" he chuckled as he walked.

Silver sighed, "Yeah.. she thinks she's all high and mighty just because she helps a few people with math. But yeah she's talked about you, quite a few times actually." He chuckled, "It's nice to finally meet you, you're much cooler in person." Silver smiled.

"Interesting... Thanks!" He smiled brightly as he continued to follow Silver.

They both finally made it to Biology with a minute to spare. Silver took his seat while Sonic did the thing he had to do in every other Class. He gave out a short introduction and then was given a seat.

The teacher gave him a desk to himself in the far back of the room, he was seated only a few desks behind Silver's. It was fine though since she told him that she changes seats every mid-term.

Sonic did his best to follow along but didn't really seem to know what he was doing. He watched what the other kids did and pulled out the blue notebook he'd been using for his online biology class and began to take notes on basically everything the teacher said trying to suck up as much information as possible.

Class was 10 minutes away from ending and everyone started to pack up their things. Silver quickly made his way back to Sonic startling him as he stood up,

"Did you understand what the unit was about? You seemed pretty confused back here-"

'How'd he know that?' was the first question to pop up in his head.

"You were looking at me?" Sonic asked as he packed up the rest of his things while maintaining eye contact with him.

"Well— I got distracted- it wasn't anything weird I swear!" Silver raised and waved his hands almost defensively.

To be completely honest Silver made the whole thing sound way worse than it actually was, but Sonic decided to just shake it off.

"Well- yeah no I didn't understand most of the material—" Sonic chuckled

Silver smiled seemingly gaining the response he'd wanted out of him.

"I could help! If you'd like..?"

Silver was being overly friendly to someone whom he'd just met only a few hours ago, but Sonic didn't seem to mind all the attention from his new friend. But he also felt like something was going on to have him act this way towards him, but he also figured that this could just be the kind of person Silver is.

"Please do!" Sonic quickly replied

Silver nodded and his smile widened.

Soon class ended and they both headed downstairs and quickly figured out that they both had the same 5th, 6th, and 8th period.

Silver Guided Sonic to the rest of his classes including the one he didn't have with him while also explaining their biology homework and the schedule. (For context Sonic doesn't have 7th period so he guided him to a bench near his classroom.)

It was finally 3:20 pm and classes ended. Sonic and Silver walked side by side and down the stairs maintaining their previous conversation with a few stutters & slip-ups here and there from Silver.

they both made their way to the school's pick-up lot and waited for their ride to pick them up.

They both chatted by the benches set up near the pick-up section.

"SONIC!"

A loud and confident voice called out to him, he quickly stood up and waved to his driver in the car and signaled him to give him a second.

"Sorry Silver but my rides here!" Sonic got up, "by the way can I have your number? You know to study n stuff!"

"Huh-" Silver blushed and quickly told Sonic his phone number, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"You bet!" Sonic smiled as he quickly took a picture of Silver and added him to his Contacts. "Bye!" He quickly ran off towards his driver's car not giving Silver enough time to process what just happened.

He hopped in the car and they drove home.

Today was overwhelming but he had a ton of fun. Maybe the most fun he's had since he started working for G.U.N.

This was definitely gonna be emotionally draining but he was already really excited for tomorrow to meet up with all his new friends.

[Hey, Writer (Zee) here! I just wanted to say that this is being entirely done unplanned- LUCKILY I have a vague idea of where I wanna take this story! I also wanted to add that this is my first time writing a fanfic so im sorry if this isn't as well written as it could be, rest assured that the next will be out soon! I'm currently finalizing it, if anyone has any suggestions or tips I will gladly accept them! BTW I MIGHT CHANGE THE STORY NAME SO JUST KEEP THAT IN MIND!!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777K 28.9K 104
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
71.7K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
203K 4.3K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1.3M 25.7K 51
and all at once, you are the one I have been waiting for theodore nott x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 3.25.23 finished...