The Dorm Keeper | (g)i-dle

By StarlightGummy

Do you ever wonder what it feels like to live with (G)I-dle? Abby Ruez is an orphan who finds herself working... More

THE DORM KEEPER
SYNOPSIS + TRAILER
01 - THE BEGINNING
02 - WELCOME PARTY
03 - A DAY WITH MIYEON
04 - MORNING ENCOUNTERS
05 - LUNCH WITH THE BFF
06 - A DAY WITH SOYEON
07 - BREAKING WALLS
08 - A NIGHT WITH MINNIE
09 - BLOOD
10 - THE TRAGIC PAST
11 - INTO THE BACKSTAGE
12 - THE WAITING ROOM
13 - TAKE HER OUT
14 - ANONYMOUS DELIVERY
15 - ALTERED STORIES
16 - THE PAPARAZZI
17 - TRUTH OR DARE
18 - SISTERS OF THE PAST
19 - ONLINE COMMENTS
20 - SPECIAL DINNER
21 - APPOINTMENTS
22 - THE PENDANTS
23 - HEATED CONVERSATIONS
24 - EVERYTHING, NOTHING
25 - THE VIP PARTY
26 - AFTER THE PARTY
27 - BAD PERSON
28 - TRUTH ABOUT IDOLS
29 - DISAPPOINTED
30 - REST DAY
31 - SHE KNOWS
32 - SHE KNOWS, TOO
33 - MY GIRL
34 - EVEN
35 - SCATTERED AND UNSOLVED
36 - THE DEAL
37 - THEIR WORLD
38 - MEETING
39 - FEELINGS
40 - OFFICIAL
41 - TWO STRANGERS
42 - THE TRUTH
43 - SELFISH
44 - WORTH
45 - THEIR STORY
46 - MAKEOVER
47 - OUTING
48 - ROUND ONE
49 - ROUND TWO
50 - ROUND THREE
51 - BONUS ROUND
52 - THE CONCERT
53 - BALLOONS
54 - DINING RECEPTION
55 - SCARED
56 - PREPARATIONS
57 - THE FAMILY
58 - YOUNG LOVE
59 - ONLY FOR TONIGHT
60 - PATHETIC
61 - SHE KNOWS EVERYTHING
62 - SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR
63 - EVERYONE, BUT ME
64 - TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE
65 - IGNORANCE AND DENIAL
66 - THE TRUTH
67 - LOVE IS KILLING
68 - REALITY
69 - FREUDIAN SLIP
70 - ONE WEEK LEFT
71 - IMPORTANT THING
72 - THE CLUELESS ONE
73 - PINKY SWEAR
74 - ILL FATED
75 - FITTING ROOM
76 - WHAT IFS
77 - LAST DAY
78 - A QUIET TIME
79 - NUMBER ONE
80 - MY LITTLE SISTER
81 - SELFLESS
82 - ONE PERSON
83 - PHONE CALLS
84 - GREEN LIGHT
85 - THE TRIAL
86 - THE DINNER
87 - NEW FAMILY
88 - THE PROCESS [REVISED]
89 - DEBUT [REVISED]
90 - NIGHT TROUBLES
91 - TO BE ALIVE
92 - ONE FLAW [REVISED]
93 - NOT DOING WELL [REVISED]
94 - RECKLESS
95 - PARTNERS
96 - THE PHOTOSHOOT
97 - THE ANNUAL DANCE
98 - DENIED
99 - ONE LAST CHANCE
100 - LAST HOPE
101 - TIME DOESN'T WAIT
102 - THE JOB OFFER
103 - PERSONAL ASSISTANT
104 - FIRST DAY
105 - WORSE OVER TIME
106 - THE AFTERMATH
107 - OUR FAVORITE
108 - ALL ENDS NOW
109 - SELFISH YET SELFLESS
110 - THE HELPLESS ONE
112 - ANOTHER CHANCE
113 - THE AWARD SHOW
114 - AT MY WORST

111 - THE GUILTY ONE

389 37 12
By StarlightGummy

TW: This chapter contains scenes with self-harm behaviors and suicidal tendencies.

──×××──

Y U Q I

Blood dripped from my arm as tears continued to stream down on my cheeks. Yet it didn't hurt. The numbness that I felt was way too much that even my torn physical body couldn't even break through it.

I picked myself up from the ground and looked at my body in the mirror inside my dark and quiet room. I traced my skin with my fingers as I stared at how bruised and bleeding they've become ever since we were forced to move here in the United States.

How much more do I need to hurt myself in order to make it even to the people that I've abandoned and killed?

How many blades must I use and break in order to make the deepest and most painful cuts that a human being is capable of doing?

"..Should I just die?" I weakly whispered to myself.

In fact, these blades are no longer helping me. They can't possibly remove all the guilt that I'm feeling right now. After a week, I heard from the news that the woman survived the accident, but she had a miscarriage and Abby Unnie is going on trial for it. I killed somebody's child, because I was too busy minding my own feelings while driving. And even though everything was my fault..

I still managed to become selfish. I was scared to death that I'd hurt the most important people in my life, hence I wasn't able to fight for her. I ran away like a coward, because I knew that the public would eventually turn their back on me and start throwing shade to my group members and family as well.

Why didn't I just admit to the crime that I committed? Maybe if I trusted the justice system more and begged for the victim's forgiveness, someone out there would've listened and understood my side. But instead, I flew to a completely different country and had to perform in front of our international fans like nothing happened.

I thought that I could still survive, even just for a bit. But it turns out that I died with that unborn child. The moment that I messed up and used Abby Unnie's kindness to save myself, I couldn't bear to live anymore. I've been in a constant battle on whether to live for the sake of the people who love and care for me or just die to end the mental and emotional torture that I'm going through everyday.

I walked towards my bedside table and opened a drawer underneath it. I've hidden a knife and I usually make bigger cuts with it, when I don't feel like the little blades that I have are helping me. I took it and sat on my bed as I began cutting myself more. Deeper and harder this time, because it allows me to breathe for a few seconds whenever I'm physically hurting myself.

However, I don't feel the same comfort as I used to do a few days ago.

"This isn't enough," I murmured to myself. I pointed the knife straight to my heart as tears continued pouring out from my swollen eyes that have been continuously crying for hours prior to this moment. "I want to die.."

Then I moved the knife closer and closer to my chest until it was only an inch away from killing me. But I was shaking badly.. I was terrified of dying without being able to do anything for the people that I've hurt, yet I don't have the guts to face them at the same.. So why the hell can't I just do it?

"Kill yourself. Don't be pathetic now, Song Yuqi."

"W-What?" I quickly looked around as I heard a cold and unfamiliar voice of a woman. But there was no one else in my room. I was completely alone.

Am I.. going crazy?

"Who are you?!" I shouted, panicking as I held the knife in the same position, half an inch closer.

"What are you so afraid of? You're a monster and a murderer. You don't deserve to live at all."

I cried as I wished for the voice to stop, but it didn't and it kept going until I was finally pushed to my limits.

"I-I know that already!" I surrendered as I began the attempt to kill myself. I moved the knife away from me and when I was about to use force to shove it inside my chest, someone suddenly barged into my door.

"Yuqi-yah!" I heard Miyeon Unnie shouting from a distance. The light outside was so bright that I could barely see her at first. "What are you doing?!" She said, obviously panicking, as she took the knife away from me and threw it on the ground.

I was miserable and I didn't know what else to do. The voices kept coming to me and all I could think of was die. I felt so pathetic and useless that I couldn't look anyone in the eye. I've kept my head down since then, but Miyeon Unnie made sure to check up on me fully this time.

She gently raised my chin, so that our eyes would meet. "Tell me, what's going on?" She asked.

I just shook my head, refusing to say anything because I knew that she wouldn't understand. Although Abby Unnie is important to her as well, she can't possibly know what I'm feeling right now. I'm the reason why she's locked up in jail and it's different than just losing someone important to you. I have to deal with the guilt and regrets, to which she doesn't have to.. So why bother to tell her now?

"Alright then.." She seemed to have calmed down a bit, even after seeing all the bleeding cuts and bruises on my whole body. "I love you. You're my family member and will always be. You matter so much to us, remember that okay?"

I nodded as I tried hard to wipe my tears, but they won't stop coming out. "I-I know, Unnie. Thank you."

Then she offered me a glass of water from my bedside table. "Drink up."

I took it and she instantly saw that my hands were still trembling, so she helped me to hold it until I was able to chug it all down. She took some ointment and bandages from my first aid kit, hidden in my closet, then she came back to help me clean up all of my wounds.

After everything that she has done for me, she suddenly laid down on my bed and just looked at me.

I was confused as to why she seemed to be staying longer in my room, so I asked her. "What are you doing, Unnie?"

"I'm going to watch over you for the meantime," she calmly replied.

"Huh? But why?"

"Because you can't be alone right now." Her eyes seemed worried as she answered. "Also, according to our managers, you and Soyeon will both get weekly therapy sessions starting tomorrow, and until the doctor says that you're better, I'm going to be your roommate."

"Look, I don't need you to babysit me." I firmly said. I felt like I was being pitied and I didn't want her to get involved in my issues too.

"I'm not babysitting you. I'm just going to make sure that you don't kill yourself tonight, okay?"

In the end, I decided to give up and listen to her. I figured out that there was no way I could persuade her to leave me alone, especially after she saw my condition.

The both of us just looked at each other in silence for a few seconds, until she started a different conversation.

"Do you think Abby will forgive us?"

I simply shook my head as I sadly looked at her. I've never really had the chance to talk to anyone about Abby Unnie since the accident happened, so what she's doing right now is actually helping me a lot. It's not my family or my members' fault though, I just never found the right words to describe my emotions, so I ended up choosing not to speak up all the time.

"You love her a lot, don't you?" I asked as I saw her, blankly staring on the walls. She seemed to be in deep thoughts.

She was obviously flustered by my question. "How did you know that I still do?"

"I don't know. I've just been observing you every time she's around. I saw how gentle and supportive you've become to her.." I took a deep breath as I continued with my realizations. "I'm at least thankful that you didn't hate me after what I did."

"It was an accident, Yuqi-yah. None of us wished for it, nor were we given a chance to set things straight and fight for her. So I don't hate you.. I could never hate someone like you."

I smiled bitterly upon hearing that. "I wish I could still love someone the same after what happened."

She seemed certain as she replied. "..Soyeon, right?"

I was taken aback with such a straightforward answer. "But how did you know?"

"The same as you.." She answered nonchalantly. "I've just been observing."

"But I don't love her that way now. I can't, especially after what happened." I immediately explained. "At the back of my mind, I kept blaming her for asking me to pick her up that night. I know that it's not her fault, I kept convincing myself that.. But the voices inside my head won't let me rest. It kept accusing her of bringing me to my demise. I'm afraid that one day, my love for her will completely turn into anger and hatred."

In fact, my feelings for her were the reason why Abby Unnie and I were arguing at the time of the accident. It's because I heard that Soyeon Unnie used to like her. She tried explaining everything to me, but I was too heated up to even listen to her and from there, things started to go downhill.

"Have you confessed?" She asked.

"No.. And I don't plan on doing so. There's no reason for me to do that now. I'm just relieved that someone close to me knows how I truly feel before desperation eats me up and makes me forget that she's the woman that I love."

There was this unexplainable sadness in her eyes, but she didn't say a word. She didn't try to convince me to change my decision and just respected it. Miyeon Unnie has always been a great support system in our group. Although she seems like she's not the oldest member on TV, there are a lot of things that only she can do. She's very reliable and trustworthy.

The two of us decided to take a rest for a few hours after an overwhelming sequence of events and amount of information that we shared together. The moment I woke up, she was already gone and I heard her preparing dinner with the rest of our members in the kitchen downstairs.

I was alone again, and tears suddenly started falling on my cheeks as the accident relentlessly played on my mind. The same thing before Miyeon Unnie came was repeating all by itself. I gained a little bit of comfort after talking to her earlier, only for me to drown in guilt afterwards.

And at that moment, I knew that it was still a battle between life and death, regardless of the amount of support that I get from the people around me. But as someone who couldn't do anything to save the person who sacrificed herself for my sake, I deserve each and every bit of what's coming to me.

To be continued..

──×××──

If you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to:
🌠 Vote
💬 Comment
👥 Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 81 10
It's the last year of high school and shuhua wants to end it in the best possible way. however, in addition to her football shoes, a healthy dose of...
9.7K 305 14
A loud gunshot woke Yuqi in her sleep, she slowly got up in her bed and walked quietly to the door. Then a continuous and ear shattering sound of gun...
5.9K 326 27
Soyeon is a normal girl who just graduated from university living in a normal neighbourhood with a part-time job at the convenience store while she p...
10.5K 466 19
a story about two individuals who slowly fall in love and unravel their secrets under the night sky. . . . as song yuqi falls in love with jeon soy...