74 - ILL FATED

ABBY's POV

"Abby Unnie!"

I just came out of my room after taking a bath and was still drying my hair with a towel when I saw Shuhua sitting on the dining table, still wearing her pajamas from last night. She seemed in a much better condition today.

"Hey, why are you up already?" I confusedly asked.

I checked the time on my phone and it's only 6:30am. They don't have a schedule this early, unless I saw the group chat wrong.. but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

Upon entering the kitchen, I saw her eating some kind of porridge. It looked home-cooked to me and I couldn't help but wonder who made it for her, since she doesn't know how to cook in the first place.

Then I turned to my side and saw someone near the kitchen counters. What is this? Both of them woke up unusually early.

"Soojin-ah?" I called out to her.

She looked back at me and gave me a little smile, but she didn't really say anything after that. Something is definitely different with her, I just can't tell what it is right now.

But more importantly, she actually cooked for someone after a long time..

I pulled the seat beside Shuhua and sat down. "Hey, I told you she'd take care of you when she has the chance.."

She smiled at me. "You were right, Abby Unnie.. thank you."

"I mean I didn't really do anything, but I'm glad to see you feeling better."

"Oh I think it's because Soojin Unnie cooked for me," she happily replied.

Soojin who was probably listening all this time, turned around to look at us, but as soon as our eyes met, she immediately turned her back again.

What was that?

"Y-You're right," I just awkwardly replied. I didn't know exactly how to respond.

Shuhua seemed a bit confused as well, but she just laughed and continued eating.

Soojin was even harder to read this time. She has always been the quiet type in the dorm, but now she's not even speaking to me.

She was doing the dishes by herself while Shuhua was still enjoying her meal, so I finally decided to approach her.

"Hey, I'm happy that you reached out to Shuhua again," I whispered to her.

She wiped the bowls that she used for cooking and placed it back to the shelves before answering. "Maybe I was too harsh on her in the past.."

"So you finally realized it, huh?" I jokingly said.

However, she was on a completely different page than mine.

"Who wouldn't?" she briefly looked at me with a cold expression. "After hearing that she was the one who reached out to me all this time.. I think it's only right to do the same thing to her."

Shit. I was right, she really heard everything last night and I wasn't just imagining things!

The first option that I thought was to deny it because I was taken aback and scared of how she would react. But come to think of it, I guess it's better this way. I can't keep taking credits for something that I didn't even do.

I was about to reply when Shuhua suddenly approached us with her bowl. "Thank you for the food, Soojin Unnie!"

Soojin took the bowl from her and smiled. "Of course.. I missed the kitchen and cooking for you anyway."