✓ | REBIRTH OF THE REBEL [Boo...

By abyssofwendy

[Book 2] (I highly recommend for you to read book 1 before proceeding to this book.) This is the second part... More

FOREWORD
ROTR
EXCERPTS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
AFTERWORD
BOOK THREE

CHAPTER 31

361 16 13
By abyssofwendy

Note: Hi, queries are now officially open. You can start putting your questions in the comment section and we will answer that at the end of the book. This will be the last "enjoy reading" because I know no one will enjoy the next chapters hahaha.

[ C H A P T E R 31 ]

LATISHA VALENTINE

I don't get what the duke means with his words. I didn't understand what he said about that woman being fake nor the idea that there is someone fooling around us, and him wanting to catch whoever that is red-handed. Isali pa na tiyak ako na may narinig siya sa usapan namin ni Blessime kanina. I didn't notice we were being exposed since both of us were being cautious. Hindi naman siguro siya magsisinungaling.

I think Roshan knew something. His intels are wider than mine. He has a lot of things hidden from me. Gusto ko man sana isa-isahin ito, subalit hindi ko magawa. Maraming mga bagay ang bumabagabag sa aking isipan subalit hindi ito masasagot ng asawa ko. Wala siya sa katinuan para sumagot ng tama o baka ako ata ang wala sa katinuan?

A soft whimper escaped my lips when he pinned me on the wall. The hard texture of the corridors made a little impact, not enough to feel pain but it does make me feel uncomfortable. Though that was the case, I'm too occupied to even think of my back.

All I can hear is the sound of our kiss, the heat turning on inside me, his cold hands fighting with my gown, trying to uncover every layer until it could touch my bare skin. I do know he won't succeed in undressing me because I have too many layers on.

"Roshan, the speech," I uttered when he let my lips go and with all the intention to ravish my exposed neck, nibbling, grazing, and biting it like he was deprived of such meal for years

"They can wait, but I can't wait to fucking wait another hour in a room with you, without thinking you're naked in front of me, screaming my name and saying how bad you want me inside of you. That fucking turns me on," he murmured. He was breathing sharply and impatiently. Malamang, sinong hindi maiinis na kanina niya pa nais tanggalin ang lahat ng suot ko ngunit hindi siya nagwawagi.

His lips found his way again on mine, completely making me breathless. Hindi naman ako papayag na magpalapa lang ng walang laban, kaya't sinusundan ko lahat ng kilos ng mga labi niya. Damn, I missed him so much!

Sa puntong ito, nakalimutan ko na lahat ng nais kong sabihin, maski ang pagpigil ay tila natutunaw na parang nyebe. My desire for him is the same as he desires for me. We are burning at the edge and secluded part of the corridors. We don't even mind if someone would pass by and see us like hungry animals.

"Your grace, we can't do it. The layers of my dress are too thick and heavy, you can't possibly— fuck!"

Of course, I am always late to realize that Roshan has a habit of tearing my clothes. Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin habang hawak-hawak niya ang sinirang unang layer ng damit ko. He let it go and it slowly dropped on the ground.

Impit na lamang akong napasigaw ng buhatin niya ako ng walang angal at nilandas ang pinakamalapit na kwarto sa gawi namin. He pushed the door and closed it effortlessly with one hand. He even let out a chuckle after locking the door.

"I just need an hour with my lovely wife. She's too gorgeous to resist, right?" he said to the wind while walking towards the bed. This room is a guest room that should be used when guests wish for rest, but we're about to burn this with our own heat.

Dahan-dahan niya akong binaba sa kama. As I landed, I tried to stay still when Roshan held both of my hands. Napamaang na lamang ako nang bigla siyang lumuhod at dinampian ng halik ang mga kamay ko na sakop ng kanya. I was confused but his eyes were filled with love.

"We made a promise once I came back from Denver, we will talk, right?" he said, making my head recall the truth. Indeed, under short notice, he kept his promise.

"Alright, I will listen to whatever you will say, your grace," I said, looking straight into his amber orbs. Those autumn-like eyes sparkled and are alive. Malayong-malayo na siya sa dating duke na kilala ko.

Before, he always looked at me with dead eyes and bored expression. Who wouldn't have thought that Roshan is capable of change? Despite the lapses and miscommunication, he sure kept his promise that he'll change.

"I love you," he suddenly uttered these words.

Alam ko may dahilan kung bakit masyado siyang sweet ngayon. I know it, it is an assurance over the recent incident and the current one we are facing.

"I love you," I uttered the same phrase.

He leaned forward and claimed my lips. This time, he's patient, it feels like he just wanted to feel my lips pressed to his. Sa una lang 'yon, dahil nagsimula na naman siyang gumalaw. He playfully nibbled a corner of my lips, making a grand entrance for his tongue to play inside.

Hindi ko na nga namalayan na nahiga na pala ako sa kama at wala na akong suot. That is how fast he was, and I didn't complain. In the next moment, he was pounding on me hard, with every thrust felt like a delicate dance he wanted me to feel, and I still didn't complain. Ganito na ako karupok, I meet his thrust, I complied with every position and I totally forgot our own daughter was out there.

But one thing is for sure, he did say an hour is enough for him. We even finish before the time.

"How can you say she's not her?" I asked him while fitting into my new dress because damn I can't wear the one I prepared for because he ripped a part of it.

"She is dead," he replied instantly. Napako pa tuloy ang tingin ko sa kanya. He was fixing himself too. At parang nararamdaman niya siguro na nakatingin ako kaya tumingin siya sa gawi ko. "I know what happened to her that night," he continued.

What he said made my breathing sharpen. Kinakabahan ako, pero sa uri ng titig niya sa akin ngayon, parang hindi siya apektado. There is no hatred or even a trace of anger in his eyes. They were simply looking at me with such admiration.

"You know who killed her," I said, almost not audible. It is not a question because it's too obvious to even ask. Binaba ko na lamang ang aking tingin at binalik ang atensyon sa pag-aayos.

"You didn't kill her," he replied. Natigilan lamang ako pero hindi ako lumingon. I sensed his presence, approached me and held my right hand and brought it to his cheek making me face him. "You were slaved by your own father's order, and as a young child who doesn't want to disappoint her parents, you do as you are told. At first, I was angry at you for exposing what she truly is, but upon knowing that you saved her to your might that night, I know you have limited choices."

Hearing it from him made my eyes emit tears. I always fear his reaction regarding Annabelle's death. Buong akala ko ay kakamuhian niya ako pero hindi, he was showing me that he's not mad. He even got worried when I started to cry, wiping my tears away as if crying would break him.

"I am still responsible," I confessed. "When the Emperor ordered her to be killed, I knew what I had done. You and I shouldn't have suffered this loss if I didn't expose her. She could have been here—"

"Oh, wife. Please," he cut me off. He held both of my cheeks, wiping the tears that continually fell. He looked at me intently as if he wanted me to listen and understand. "If that didn't happen, I won't meet you anymore. If you didn't obey your father, your life would be compromised. I know, I shouldn't think of it as a blessing— her death— but due to that it led you to me. Despite all this, you are the only woman I will marry, nothing else."

"Why are you doing all of these?" I suddenly asked. I'm so confused, his actions, his words, these all feel like a fairy tale and I am dreaming.

"You already know why," he whispered. With his forehead touching mine, he closed his eyes and felt the connection we are sharing. "You said this is our second life, and we both suffered from this marriage. I don't want to end up having that very same ending. I won't let this chance be ruined again. I love you so much that it's okay for me to discard everything and be with you. I lost that chance before, and I'm definitely not going to let it go now."

"Oh, your grace," I mumbled. I can't find any words to say. I feel speechless. Hearing all these assurances, his consistent understanding and patience that I haven't seen before. All his new behavior gave me a sense of respite. So instead of speaking up, I extended my arms and let my body sink into his embrace. "I will love you forever, Roshan."

No more words to explain how my heart feels light with all these burdens lifting away, burning themselves with his words. His forehead kiss made my heart flatter and I couldn't believe I'm so fucking in love again.

"They are waiting for us," he said. I could feel his annoyance with the thought he had in mind. "I fucking don't want to go back, wife. I want to tuck you in my arms, made love to you, talk to my little ones all night. But, I don't want Annika to feel neglected, so, I'll suck this all up and I await the time I'll take you all to myself."

"Tumigil ka sa mga sinasabi mo," sambit ko. Natatawa lang ako sa mga sinasabi niya. His voice doesn't have a filter when it comes to me. And he's not even joking with his words. He means what he always says.

"Your grace," I called his name. He stopped himself from opening the door and looked at me again. "You want to catch the traitor you had been suspecting, who is also a member of our rival. Did you purposely let Napoleon stay and bring that woman here solely to catch the roaming rat?"

The side of Roshan's lips rose, he was smirking with confidence and determination. "Bringing Napoleon here has a lot of reasons, including what you said. On the other hand, bringing that woman here is something else. Don't tell anyone what I tell you, even Blessime didn't know I didn't believe her. She lost her memories of the past, and that solidified her background. Napoleon seems involved, so I brought two baits to catch this one particular fish in my pond."

Napangisi ako. "I think you're more of a rebel than I am. You speak with enigma and complexity. I commend you for that, your grace."

Bigla siyang umiling habang natatawa. "I learned from the best rebel and the only black cat of Magnolia. So, now. Should we go or talk more about it while I start ripping that gown off you again?"

"Oh gosh, your grace! Control your libido!"

He only chuckled and opened the door. "You are too tempting my wife, I would rather be provoked by you than control my fantasies."

Nasapo ko na lamang ang aking noo sa mga pinagsasabi niya. Gosh, natatawa ako. Roshan's too straight forward with his words. He might be thinking but that is what he's thinking. Gusto ko tuloy alamin ano ang nangyari sa kanila dahil iba ata ang daloy ng utak ng asawa ko.

"Did being away for almost a week make you self-reflect?" I said teasingly while we walked out of the room. His arm snaked into my waist and pulled me close to him. He planted a soft kiss on my neck and cheek, dadaan pa sana ang labi niya sa akin subalit tinulak ko na. "You don't have a sense of control when it comes to your wife, your grace," I said, pushing him gently away from me.

"I might have been smitten, I guess? What poison is this my rebel witch, so I can intake much more than you gave me?" he replied. Konti na lang napipikon na naman ako sa mga banat niya. After knowing I'm not buying anymore of his teasing, he laughs it off. Oh, lord. I missed hearing his voice when he laughed.

Napangisi na lamang ako. "You have a lot of explaining to do but I'll let it pass since we have guests and your daughter might look for you after. Huwag kang kampante, dahil uungkatin ko lahat ng nais kong malaman at kapag hindi mo sasagutin, hindi ka makakaisa ulit sa akin."

I heard his disapproval voice but I continued my walk. Agad din naman siyang humabol at nagnakaw ng halik sa labi ko dahilan para matigil na naman kami.

"I will explain everything to you, wife," he said with a voice filled with affirmation. Sabay kami nagtango sa isa't isa at bumalik na naman sa paglalakad.

Bumalik kami na parang walang nangyari. Although I can sense some teasing eyes since I changed my clothes, they must have concluded that something happened. Because of what Roshan said, I became cautious of the people.

Isa-isa namin kinausap lahat ng imbitado, at isa-isa na din silang umaalis. It was a tiring night but everything was all worth it because Annika had fun. When Roshan's changes, Annika also developed pretty well. I couldn't be more happier seeing how this second life changes its course with the people I want to keep by my side.

Tapos na ang selebrasyon, wala ng mga imbitado at nagkanya-kanya na ng lipad ang mga tao sa mansyon. Kanina ko pa hinahanap sina Cyan at Blessime pero batid ko hindi na nagpapakita ang mga 'yon ngayong gabi.

I actually saw Logan when I passed by the kitchen, he was talking to sir Hasan but I couldn't grasp their conversation because I was looking for someone else. I didn't see Laphel and Nethys after the event. Even Wince, who got a mission from the duke, still didn't arrive. Itatanong ko pa kung anong misyon ang tinutukoy nila.

"Your grace..."

Napatigil ako sa pagliko sa kanan ng may narinig akong boses. Naninindig ang balahibo ko sa gulat at kaba dahil sa boses pa lang ay kilala ko na kung sino. As I turned around, her image from the portrait felt alive.

"You gave me a fright," I said, gasping.

"I apologize if I didn't introduce myself to you when I arrived with the duke. I don't want to ruin such a celebration with my presence," she replied, looking at me with that innocent and angel-like face she always has.

"I was informed of your adversity," I said.

"Yes, your grace. I don't truly remember any memories of my past. But, I was told that the child who celebrated her birthday today has a connection to me. I don't want to cause trouble, I just want to know who I am."

I felt that again. That painful sting in my shoulder, traveling itself on my chest. A sense of familiarity that lingered in my very being. I want to trust Roshan when he says she's fake, but I have my own mind to think.

We were both hit by the same thing, I can feel it in her too.

*~*~*~*

VOTE ~ COMMENT ~ SHARE
are very much appreciated, thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 156 22
After dying unexpectedly from a traffic accident, Aria woke up inside the body of Cassia Clorance -- the villainess of the famous novel she just fini...
25.4K 1.5K 32
The plan is only simple: no one is getting a happily ever after if I can't get mine, first! ---------- Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Language: English, Fi...
815K 30.1K 31
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** After my death, I'm grat...
74.4K 2.5K 64
𝑨𝒏 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏. 𝘙𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘦, 𝘢 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧...