Taken As Reward (The war of p...

Od Rachayetria

Zehra Hassan She was robbed of her ordinary life, brought into the dirt turned into a profanity introduced t... Viac

AUTHOR NOTE
DEDICATION
TRIGGER
CHARACTER
PLAYLIST
Prologue
01. Barbadi
02. Tadbeer
03. Gajra
04. Azmanzil
05. Badla
06. Aashna
07. Hasrat
08. Massla
09. Musalsal
10. Iztiraar
11. Muqtalif
12. Mehfooz
13. Harqat
14. Lugai
15. Fanaa
16. Sufiyana
17. Khel
18. Rooh
19. Keher
Here's An idea!
20. Haasid
21. Khelwad
22. Shak
23. Keemat
24. Kuffar
25. Undekha
26. Jazbatein
27. Aaftaab
28. Selaab
29. Gunnah
COMPLETE BOOK CHART
30. Kabil
31. Zubaniyat
32. Musibatein
33. Mubashrat
34. Mukhtalif
35. Masal
36. Khuda
37. Izzat
38. Behaya
39. Lihaaz
40. Sharam
Bonus Scene ( Abhiraj's POV)
41. Rahazan
42. Gaddar
43. Haadsa
44. Zehni
45. Hashar
46. Munasib
47. Munafiqat
48. Barbadi 2.0
49. Aakhir
50. Antim
VOTING PAGE
Epilogue
BONUS 02
BONUS 03
BONUS 04

BONUS 01

8.1K 562 179
Od Rachayetria

ZEHRA

My heart was beating in my ears, my mind was lingering over different prospects of today's outcome. I held myself before the mirror and watched my look one last time.

My eyes lingered on my selection of clothes from the cupboard full of new dress pieces I had bought with Daiwik.

Dressed in a royal maroon shade dress, with a boho printed dupatta, the dress was very expensive, but Daiwik liked it in one catch, and when I refused he pushed me saying that this one would be the dress I should wear to meet Babasaheb for the job interview for the school he has planned to open.

I hardly believe I will be of any use, one in the tainted political world. But I had made myself clear previously that I would do my hand dirty, for a job. I haven't lived with most proper aspects in my life, and I don't believe in continuing that.

Not when I and Daiwik started living a new, proper, untainted and normal life. One that started with no lies, true love and not lingering on hope but certainty.

One that, I and Daiwik are going to last for eternity.

I was always unconscious under people thinking I was less but with the passing of time and the things Daiwik offers me along with his unending love? I am overflowing after being content.

I felt a shadow on my back, and slowly, my face lingering on my back, Daiwik back hugging me, dressed in nothing but white slacks. His hand resting on my waist, and his other free hand swirling my hair from my one shoulder to amassing it on my other, baring my neck and keeping a peck on it.

"Zehra, I'm dying," He suddenly spoke, the gripping feeling clutched my chest, and I gulped down,
"Itni, Katilana lago gi? Toh mar hi jana hai mujhe," his words released the clutch but filled it with a different form of warmth.

I chuckled, the kiss leaving a tickling sensation. "You should get ready too?" I said, my head tilting to give him better access, he raised his lips higher and twirled me around, facing me. "You have to come along?" I reminded him, and he nodded.

"Babasaheb won't mind if we are a little late? Zehra," He spoke and tried to catch my lips, but I kept my hand on his lips, "Get ready, you always get late and this time Babasaheb won't allow it?" I took my hand away and leaned forward keeping a peck on his rough lips.

He tried to attack my lips back but I snatched my lips and my head fell, laughter caught in my throat, but he pulled the floor from beneath me, and met my mouth.
"Daiwik?" I spat but he didn't stop and kept his lips on mine.

He held me in a war zone, until he left, "Okay, Zehra! I will take a quick bath!" He pushed back and dropped me back on the floor.

He took two steps back before he disappeared into a room-built bathroom, shutting the door behind him.
I stepped outside the room, after taking my handwork clutch, and downstairs to the living room.

And entering, I found Dev roosting on the sofa, and watching television.
"You didn't go home?" I asked him, and he waved his hand in the air.

He sat up, on his elbows and evaluated me from up to down, "You are going to be the new dog of Agnivanshi?" he asked me, disgusted with my idea of taking a job.

"What should I do then? Start a brothel," I said, and he smirked, proud of Inara. I shook my head and went over to the adjoined kitchen, and dining area to the living room. The food I kept in the fridge was now gone.

I came outside again, "When will Maa and Divya come back?" I asked him, since they bought their house in Vandigana again, they went to settle the systems and things that were left stranded.

He held the television remote toward me, but I didn't take it and found his eyes, "The advertisement I watched, just ended."

"Do you know how weird you are? For watching Advertisement?" I said and shut the television and threw the remote away.

I sat down beside him, and jerked my chin, "What's going on, Dev?" I knew something was going on inside of him. He met my eyes and shook his head. "Nothing," He stood up and went towards the main door,
"If Inara calls, tell me!" He waved at me and left. I held myself down until Daiwik showed up.

He drove me towards Agnivanshi's Office, where he operates his world.

I stepped outside, from the exterior it was any normal housing you can misjudge it for, but the interior of the people who live there, you can distinguish their world by just the look of their faces.

Daiwik held my hand and walked me inside, I had my qualifications in my hand, and my head in clouds with the buzz they have been under.
He walked me inside, there was just a royal desk at the front, where two women sat in sarees but similar colours, and I assumed it was their uniform.

They both stood when they saw Daiwik, bowing and when we walked inside, there was an open foyer couched in random manners, and then the long hallways with different doors.

"Which one is your office?" I asked Daiwik. There were single doors, in the long hallway but then in the end was a room with 3 double doors. He pointed to the left of the double door, which had another double door. "That one is me, and this one is Babasaheb. The last one is Badesaheb, Aadheesh Sir. "

"So you are-"

"Yeah, I am the closest to them, so I received a better office!" he already understood my words.
We reached the main double door, with probably Abhiraj on the other side.

Daiwik met my eyes, gave a hard head dip and nodded in front of the door. When I knocked, I heard a come in from the other side.

Daiwik opened the double door, held his hand towards me, and took me inside, Abhiraj sat on a huge desk right across from the door, one long shelf and wall-filled cabinet on the left and the right had a couch. So many lamps, paints and decors.

Abhiraj raised his head, he found us standing but suddenly he raised his hand in the air, pushing his finger in a roll, "Daiwik, you should stay outside." I froze.

I am not very fond of the whole idea of the Agnivanshi Brothers. I haven't met the elder one, and I have heard he is back in India for his wedding too.
Speaking of the Devil announced the Devil to walk inside, the footsteps behind me turned to see the source and the elder Agnivanshi brother, who stood dressed in a formal shirt, pants and a vest with polished shoes.

He met my eyes and a creepy smile pulled on his lips, but he met Daiwik's eyes after. Daiwik gave a curt nod of greetings before he entered the office.

I looked at Daiwik, who met my eyes,
"You will be fine, just be confident!" he said and left my hand after he was reassured that I was ready to do this,

"Come on! Daiwik's girl! It's not like we are going to eat you?"

"Badesahab!"

"Aadheesh,"

Both Abhiraj and Daiwik said in unison. In one quick look into Daiwik's eyes and his trust in Babasaheb, I gave an approvment.
Daiwik stepping behind and shutting the door disappeared.

Abhiraj sat behind the desk, while Aadheesh sat on this side which had two chairs. I am expected to join the two chairs one, next to Aadheesh.

"You can still run outside? If you want, Zehra? Just tell Taara that I gave you all the chances that you deserved!" I heard Abhiraj say,

It wasn't a secret that the only reason I was getting to prove myself and my loyalty was because Taara thought I would be good.
He held his hand out and towards the chair next to the cross-sitting badesahab.

I stepped towards the chair sat down, and handed my file towards Abhiraj but he pushed it back.
"I don't care about qualifications. I care about personality and character. And I must be honest. You haven't impressed me much?" Abhiraj spoke, and Aadheesh used his phone while facing me.

I was mad at his words, how could he assume my capabilities in my vulnerable state and time? Was I supposed to shove the Babasaheb of the town down? When he was mean to me?

Ignorance is bliss, and so far I have chosen that with him. But today was about confidence and portraying my personality.

"Isn't your judgement based on your affection towards Sahiba?"

"Do not mention her?" He gritted, and I sank in my seat, but clutching my hands together,

I said, "Even I would like it if the judgement of whether I may get a job or not is based on my true capabilities."
I heard a small chuckle from the man engrossed in his phone but ears probably at me.

"And also, I love Taara, I won't poison her." I spat, and instantly acknowledgement committed on his face because last time he checked the tea I made for Sahiba for toxins.

He nodded but leaned back in his seat, and so did Aadheesh,

"Drop my family and your plans for them out of conversation." he smiled.

He looked at Aadheesh, who kept his cell phone down and crossed his hand. "I am the one leading this project, Mrs. Agnihotri," he informed me.

"I'll start simple, given how protected you are with Daiwik, do you think you will be able to handle a leadership job?" he asked me, and I was well aware that I don't radiate power and strength. I don't make people shudder in cold.

But I know how to tackle people with sweetness, "Must all leaders be ruthless, brutal and..." I turned facing Abhiraj before coming forward to see Aadheesh again, "Mannerless?" I said and Aadheesh broke out into laughter.

"Oh, I might give her the job just because she shaded you!" He pointed laughing at Abhiraj. Who watched his brother with a defeated look.

"I can be nice, kind and sweet to people and win them over, so they would work on my accords."
But then Abhiraj leaned forward, "Manipulation? Something that I do as a politician with the public?"

A huge smirk appeared on Abhiraj's face, with a tilted head and of impressed look.

"What is your greatest strength?" I heard the next question, and I blinked before

I signed my truth, "Patience, I can be calm and tackling even in a chaotic situation. And handling a school will require a lot of patience," I said. Aadheesh gave a nod.

"There are so many good candidates out there, some I am sure I can bring even from London for this role. Why should I consider you?" he asked me,

"You should," I said, and both of them turned shocked, "The priority should be the best interest of the school. And if you think an NRI who would try to implement the International system in an Indian culture-based school would seem fit, then I probably am not the best shot!" I said and this time Abhiraj ended up cracking.

"Oh! I would give her a job, only because she shaded you?" Abhiraj said to Aadheesh.
Because he lives in London he recently decided to join his brother in this Indian world and his beginning is education.
"But jokes aside you haven't convinced us for the job yet?" Abhiraj spoke.
And looked at his watch, "I will give you one minute, why do you think you should be the management head of our new school?"

He said, and spat start. I was taken aback, but I spoke what came first in my head,

"With the right amount of patience investment and understanding any group can be formed which would be built on trust. And winning the trust of many people isn't a game of strength. If you show kindness, anyone will succumb and will voluntarily like you. And if people like you? They would choose to perform their best, someday if they feel like stepping out, they would choose communication over betrayal. You would consider me, because of my fresh mindset of forming a group with with deep compassion rather them fear geared."

The time clock stuck, and he raised his head. "You want me to put millions of investment on fresh ideas of compassion?" Abhiraj spoke.

"You can put it in fear-induced person and watch the ship sink?"

"I will be honest, I didn't think you would suit this place. But emitting three things today, you proved me wrong. One, I thought you had no confidence, you do. Second, you showed the mindset of manipulation. And I love manipulators. And third, your spirit to bring something new in the brutal world," he extended his hand towards me.

"The job is yours!"

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

230K 10.8K 81
𝐀𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐜 I was broken. I was deceived. I was betrayed. I was familiar only with emotions of pain and anger. Darkness was a part of me. There was...
368K 18.7K 52
𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐬�...
122K 6.8K 21
Story of a Rivalry of two political families, who fighting for rule. One rules over the more than half of the state and other own the power. But betw...
851K 8K 13
❤️COMPLETED AND TAKEN DOWN ❤️ SECOND PART OF LOVE WINS SERIES Only sample paper here EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON KINDLE ORDER OF SERIES 1.INCOMPREHENSI...