TALAASH - Reliving the Past

By santhulan

Republishing on Readers Demand! "The ultimate mysteries are opened only to those who have immense patience."... More

CHARACTER SKETCH
1. On a cold night of December
2. A Mysterious Mess
3. Illusions
4. Aftermath
5. The Interval
6. Shadowy Intruder
7. A Family
8. Edge of Darkness
9. A cloud of dust
10. Translucent
11. A New Hope
12. Chameleon
13. Rules of Love & Virtue
14. Archnemesis
15. Palace of Illusions
16. Replot the Past
17. By your side
18. Nostalgia
19. Iceberg
20. Benifit of Doubt
21. The Forgotten Delicacy
22. What if!?
23. Twin Flame
24. Deja vu
26. Battle Begins
27. Mastermind
28. Haunting
29. A New Shade
30. Award
31. Patience
32. Past lives
33. Insanity
34. The Locked Room
35. The Gaurdian Angel
36. Expectation Hurts!
37. Truth & Lies
37. Possibilities
39. Streets of Justice
40. Dark Rose
41. Undercover
42. Disgrace
43. Storm & Rainbow
44. Coping?
45. Ideal Daughter
46. Void
47. Maniac
48. The Face-off
49. Rewards
50. Twists & Turns
51. Bloodline
52. Nightmares
53. Inferno
54. Hide & Seek
55. Embrace
56. Scars
57. Checkmate
58. Well-wisher
59. Mastermind
60. Sacrifice
61. Mistake
62. Full Moon
63. Gain & Loss
64. Fates
Questions
Answers?

25. Smoke and Mirrors

212 20 5
By santhulan

Night 10:30 PM,
Master Bedroom, JaiSingh Mansion

MJS: You can sleep on the bed Kaira.. I will sleep on the couch..

DKS: Don't you think your bed is big enough to fit 3 people?

MJS: But still if you are not comfortable..

DKS: (cutting Maya's words) We both will sleep on bed..
Declares Kaira to end the discussion.

MJS: (with a smile) Fine.. By the way, how did you correctly guess my allergy?

DKS: The same way you understood my uneasiness when I was asked to share room with....

MJS: So my guess wasn't wrong!

DKS: Nope. I am the exact person you think I am.. The same old Maddam Sir!.. and I'm sorry for the things you went through.. I wanted to meet you after that incident.. But you had already left India when I returned.. If you wish, I can investigate your case..

MJS: Let bygones be bygones Kaira..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Night 10:45 PM
Neysa & Barbie's Room, JaiSingh Mansion

N: What is this?
Asks Neysa, who was half lying on the bed, picking up a small microphone from her lap, which was thrown at her by Barbie.

BU: I thought it was enough if I consulted you with a psychiatrist.. Looks like I have to book an opthalmologist's appointment too for you..

N: I can see this is a spy microphone.. but why are you throwing this at me..?

BU: You are a forensic expert right? Find out who the hell on this earth dared to spy on the CEO of JaiSingh Real Estate..

N: Spying on you?

BU: Yes.. I found it sticking at the back of my collar..

N: (shooting up from the bed) What!? But how is it possible??

BU: That's what I'm wondering.. Who is this new master trying to puppeteer the puppeteers.. ??

N: I don't think we are the puppeteers anymore.. Someone else is playing with us..

BU: But no one knows the truth except us, Singh uncle, Ravi sir and Shivani..

N: Shivani!

BU: Tch! What's wrong with you Neysa?.. Why are you behind her..??

N: She took you to the guest room as soon as you came right?

BU: Yes.. But she did that to save me from Maddam Sir.. Had she not done it, I would have messed up the meeting.. Because of her, I got some time to calm myself down and revise the dialogues I was supposed to say.. You know how much she was worried about the meeting..?

N: So you are saying this mic walked to your collar by itself..

BU: No yaar.. I'm just trying to say it isn't Shivani.. My heart says she is loyal to us..

N: I don't trust my shadow first of all to trust this shrewd lawyer..

BU: I am done with your trust issues.. Do whatever you want...
Says Barbie before crashing into the bed.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Midnight 3:30 AM,
JaiSingh Mansion, Lucknow

"Shhhhh Don't Scream!! It's me"
Whispered a person in Shivani's ears after pouncing on her to shut her mouth with their palm as the latter was about to scream her lungs out freaking at a silhouette which had just landed in her balcony from nowhere while she was busy studying a case file on a wooden table placed next to the balcony, under a desk lamp.

Person: (whispering into her ears) Calm down Shivani.. Binni will wake up..

Coos the person glancing at a sleeping figure on the queen-size bed of Shivani's room. On the other hand, Shivani, who was in the person's hold on a quiet, dark night, had her heart racing like a Ferrari, initially because of the fear, later because of the proximity of the person, who was unknowingly ruling the kingdom of her heart. The hot breaths that were fanning her ear were sending shivers down her spine, raising waves of unfelt, ineffable emotions inside her entire being. Shivani, closing her eyes to calm down the hurricane whirling within, grips the hand covering her mouth and pulls it down with a jerk, freeing herself before facing the intruder while maintaining a proper distance between them.

SP: (whispering in an arrogant tone) What the hell was that?
Asked Shivani looking at the person, who was clueless about the things they had caused in Shivani.

Person: (whispering in a confused tone) What??.. (thinking for a brief second) Ohh okay.. I'm so sorry for scaring you, Shivani.. But I couldn't come from the front.. Security personnel are patrolling the whole damn mansion at this midnight..

Shivani realising the absolute innocence of the person before her, squeezes her eyes in guilt and embarrassment while pinching her forehead.

SP: No no.. I just overreacted.. I am sorry..

Person: That's okay.. Shall we talk on the balcony..??

Shivani and the person move to the balcony and close the door in order to let Binni sleep peacefully.

SP: Now tell.. Any emergency?

Person: Kind of. You must be knowing.. Karishma Singh is trapped in a mare's nest.. We've got to get her out of it before she takes any wrong step.. So..

SP: (in a suspicious tone) So!?

Person: I was thinking of making everyone stay here for a few more days..

SP: A few more days!? But the day after tomorrow, Singh uncle is coming here, right?.. If I'm not wrong we have Jai Singh Sir's Shraddha (Annual death rituals in Hindu religion) too in 3 days..

Person: Yes.. It's Sir's 8th Shraddha and Maya madam is attending the rituals for the very first time.. All these years, Chachaji used to perform it alone..

SP: (placing a hand on the person's shoulder) Don't you think you are taking a huge risk by making them stay here till then?

Person: I have no option left Shivani..

SP: What if it gets your Maya madam into trouble too? Still, you dare to take this step!?

Person: Yes. Because it's better to reveal an infinitesimal part of the truth ourselves before the truth unfolds itself in entirety before Karishma Singh.. and talking about the trouble it may cause to madam, you too know it's impossible till her KJS is alive.. So please phone chachaji and explain to him the situation here very clearly.. And instruct him what to say and what not to say if Karishma Singh questions him..

SP: Fine..

Person: You agreed!?

SP: I know you wouldn't change your decision even if I opposed it.. So why waste my time and energy? Apart from that, you have got the best lawyer for your defence, (looking intently into the person's eyes) who would happily sacrifice her life to save you from any kind of trouble.. (shifting her gaze to look at the full moon) And I believe, Karishma wouldn't take any impetuous step against you.. Her Maddam Sir has changed her a lot over the period of 3 years right?

Person: (with a smile) Absolutely. And I can't thank you enough Shivani..You became a full moon in my deepest night..

SP: Please don't thank me darling.. You might have forgotten but I didn't.. I owe you my life..

Person: I hate that dialogue of yours.. Bye and go get some sleep.. (crossing the railings) did you forget that you've gotta wrestle tomorrow??.. (gripping on the pipe) What if I be your opponent??..

SP: Loosing against you is not new to me.. So I really don't mind.. In fact, it would be a pleasure to lose to you..

The person just smiles wholeheartedly while placing their left leg on one of the pipe clamps.

SP: By the way, Great job messing up with the supply of indoor stadium.. I didn't know you knew electrical stuff too..

The person simply winks at Shivani before climbing to the next floor. Once they disappeared from her sight,

SP: (to herself) You rightly said it Darling.. I'm a full moon in your deepest night.. (gazing at the shimmering line along the horizon) And this moon would fade away soon as the sun rose from the horizon.. I have already realized that the castle I badly wanted to conquer has already been occupied by someone else.. unbeknownst to its owner!.. (thinking for a moment) which is actually good considering the present situation..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Early morning 5:30 AM,
Garage, JaiSingh Mansion, Lucknow

BU: Yuck!.. I hate bike sport bikes..
SP: (glancing around the spacious garage) I doubt Mayaji has any standard bikes here..
BU: I'm tired of riding standards..
SP: (shifting her gaze to one particular bike) Commuter?
BU: Nope.
SP: (shifting her gaze to another bike) Chopper?
BU: Nope.
SP: (yet another) Cafe racer like the one Neysa rides?
BU: (walking between the horde of motorcycles) It's useless like her..
SP: Off-road?
BU: We are riding on a highway for your information!
SP: Dual sport?
BU: Ugly..
SP: Scooter?
BU: Seriously!?
SP: Dirt bike?
BU: (looking at Shivani) I thought you are sane!
Shivani, rolling her eyes at Barbie, continues,
SP: Touring?
BU: To hell?
SP: Adventure?
BU: It's another name for dual sports.. educate yourself!
SP: Sport tourer?
BU: I have no luggage to carry..
SP: Bobber?
BU: I like heavy bikes..

SP: Can't you say directly that you like cruisers?

BU: Can't you ask if I like cruisers first before asking me so much?

SP: Now I am getting why neysa hates you so much..

BU: (in a devilish way) Whahahaha.. Now help me find a cruiser in this horde of weird-looking bikes..

SP: Have you asked permission from Mayaji..?

BU: Yes she told to ride whichever motorcycle I like from her collection.. She is so sweet you know..

SP: Great..

.
.
.
.
After 2 minutes,
SP: (Touching the strong metallic body of a black bike) How about this Kawasaki Vulcan?

BU: Hmm.. it's okayish.. I want something classy..

SP: BMW R-18?

BU: He looks too classy..

SP: Indian Chief Dark Horse?

BU: Looks good on Mayaji..

SP: I can't find any other cruisers here..

BU: Let me search..

Barbie inspects every corner of the garage, hunting for a suitable motorcycle for her evening ride. On failing to find a motorbike matching her taste, she heads towards the other part of the garage, where 7 to 8 sedans, SUVs and jeeps have been parked in perfect order, trailed by Shivani. Soon, Barbie's eyes catch the presence of an old, dusty wooden door in one of the secluded corners of the garage. Barbie rushes towards it and grins, looking at Shivani on finding it to be just latched.

SP: Nope. You are not checking what's inside. You have asked permission just to ride her motorcycles.. not to inspect her garage.. Give some rest to your police brain.. You have resigned your job long ago..

BU: (unlatching the door) Come-on yaar.. She gave me the keys means she should have no problem with me inspecting her garage..
And Barbie turns her smartphone's flashlight on before entering the dark room.

SP: (in a high-pitched tone to be audible to Barbie) Don't say I didn't warn you if Mayaji loses her cool..

BU: (in the same tone, peeking outside from inside) I won't and she won't Miss Advocate.. Would you care to join me?

Shivani shaking her head in disbelief at the latter's courage, joins Barbie in her crime.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Inside the room,

BU: Damn! Looks like we have a big guy here..
Guesses Barbie looking at the outlines of a motorcycle under the hides of a two-wheeler cover. She moves towards the beast sleeping alone in the now enlightened room and pulls the covers in a swift motion to quench her curiosity, raising a mini dust storm in the cabin.

BU: (widening her eyes) Holly Molly!! This is exactly what I wanted.. A bad boy!!

SP: It's a Fat Bob!!

BU: You already named him?

SP: I didn't.. His makers did.. Harley Davidson Fat bob.. A top-notch cruiser one can buy in India.. Mayaji definitely has good taste in motorcycles.. But why did she keep this superbike here in the dark and dust.. (Touching the thick coat of dust on the fuel tank of the bike) Looks like it hasn't been washed in ages.

BU: Help me dust him off..
Without waiting for Shivani's reply, Barbie storms out of the room to get a duster brush.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After 10 minutes,

BU: He is so handsome and classy.. Isn't he?
Asked Barbie, crouching down to check the oil levels in the 1868cc engine.

SP: Undoubtedly!!

BU: (Dusting off her hands and clothes) It's time for a ride.. Would you care to join me?

SP: I'm good. Thanks.

BU: You scaredy-cat!!
Buckling up her helmet, Barbie boards the beast wearing her cool sunglasses and ignites its powerful engine to hear a loud dominant roar of the monster before taking her new boyfriend out for a long ride.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The vrooms of the monster had unfortunately seemed to have summoned the devil sleeping inside someone who was killing their leisure time reading a good mystery novel on a peaceful sunset. The lady raises her head from the pages and shifts her gaze down to spot the familiar beast that came to life after ages. On discovering the giant scurrying madly out of the bounds, Maya clenches her jaw before slamming the novel she has been riveted to for the past nine days, "A Good Girl's Guide to Murder", on the small circular wooden table beside her wooden rocking chair. She trots from her room balcony unstoppably till she reaches the garage, followed by Neysa, who was perceptive enough to observe the changes in the disposition of her boss. On reaching the garage, Maya grabs keys from the key holder mounted to the wall at the entrance of the garage and hops on her Indian Chief Dark Horse before racing it out of the mansion, revving up the motor with a loud, throaty growl resounding in her neighbourhood.

Shivani, who was a silent spectator to all of the events that took place in a blink, shifts her gaze from the disappearing dark horse to Neysa, who was already fastening her helmet while sitting on a black Kawasaki Vulcan S with a fear-stricken face.

Advocate Shivani, comprehending the severity of the situation, plucks a helmet from a random bike in Maya's collection and springs to occupy the vacant seat behind Neysa. Neysa ignites her parallel-twin engine and bolts it to the path taken by the first two ladies. During the ride,
N: Shivani.. Send our live locations to Karishma and ask her to follow us from behind with Haseena.

SP: Okay but why are you so tensed and why is Maya following Barbie at such an insane speed!?

N: I just hope it doesn't become the last day of that idiot Barbie..

SP: Hey what happened now to worry so much about your brain parasite Barbie? Wait! (thinking for a second) No that's not possible..

N: I wish.. But she has unknowingly messed up Maya madam's emotions..

SP: Whose bike was that?
Asks Shivani in a worried tone hoping what she is thinking turns out to be not true.

N: What is making you ask this question? Can't you guess whose bike that could be by looking at Maya madam's reaction.. ?

SP: Please don't say that.

N: Yes. It's the same Harley Davidson bike that she gifted to Captain on the day of the party in 2013. Hadn't I shown you pictures of the party?

SP: Captain!? You mean KJS?

N: Yes..

SP: But the bike that Barbie took did not look like a HD 2013 model.. The body and headlights were matching those of the 2018 model..

N: Cause Maya madam had asked me to get its exterior modified in 2018. The interiors and engines are still the same..

SP: That's why I couldn't identify it..

N: (in an irritated tone) Now could you please do the task I asked you to do??

SP: On it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After 01 minute,
N: What happened?
Asked Neysa peering at the distant dark horse.

SP: (looking at the screen of her smartphone) Nope. Karishma isn't receiving the call..

N: Shoot!!.. Call Haseena then..

Shivani taps on the screen of her iPhone a few times before keeping it to her ear.

SP: No use. It's switched off. They must be sleeping.

N: Great. Call Pushpaji and ask her to wake them up and send them here immediately..

SP: Okay..
.
.
.
.
.
After 02 minutes,
NS: Done?
SP: Yes.
N: Good.

.
.
.
.
.

Kareena Room, JaiSingh mansion, Lucknow

The rosy hue of the dawn seeped into a cosy room. It was the first daybreak for Haseena Mallik at JaiSingh mansion. But the sleep she had last night was surprisingly, the best and peaceful sleep she had in the past few years. Haseena rubbed her bleary eyes and fluttered her eyelids a few times adjusting her vision to the first rays of sunlight lighting up her room. In a partial delirium, Haseena tries lifting herself up from the bed to wish a very good morning to the eye of heaven keeking into her room by the hiding behind the pearly fluffy clouds through the white sheer curtains that were gracefully waving to a warm zephyr but strangely, something prevents her from doing so. She feels some weight on her right side arm which was too heavy to be a pillow. Letting out a groan of annoyance, Haseena turns her head sideways to check the cause of her numbed non-dominant hand only to be enthralled by the bewitching beauty of the woman sleeping beside her hugging her right arm and placing her head on her right shoulder as if she was craving warmth and seeking a hand to fight all the horrifying demons out there in her dreams. The dilated pupils of Haseena's light brown eyes, start ensnaring the enticing facial features of the lady on her arm in detail. Her kohl-black hair, smooth glossy skin, arched eyebrows, velvety eyelashes, cute button nose, lilac soft lips, and chiselled jawline were hypnotizing Haseena to admire and appreciate the exquisite creation of the god cuddling with her lucky arm. Best of all, the imperceptible pout on the innocent countenance of the alluring angel had set Haseena's heart a-thump. Haseena, guiltily gulps her throat while her fingertips of her free hand take off from the bed to feel the soft, glabrous skin below them with the excuse of tucking a few mischievous strands of her silky, scintillating hair that had escaped the sleeping beauty's ponytail and swaying to the pleasant, refreshing breeze of the dawn. But this journey was depressingly deferred by a loud knock on her room's door. However, a spellbound Haseena, turning a deaf ear to the disturbance outside, proceeds to finish her unfinished task only to be flinched by a holler of a much familiar voice.

PS: Karishmaa...

Coming back to her senses, Haseena's eyes widen and she turns her entire body to her dominant side planning to get up from the bed completely forgetting that she was literally at the very edge of her bed.

"Ouch!"

Shrieks Haseena disturbing a peaceful sleep of the brunette on the bed. Swinging her arm and yawning, a sleepy Karishma raises her head just above the pillow in a hazy state, wondering who dared to disturb her peaceful sleep. But the sight of her senior on the floor, rubbing and stretching her back, made Karishma break into uncontrollable piles of laughter. Listening to the commotion inside, the lady at the door barges in to check on her daughters. Gasping at the scenario, Pushpaji scurries towards Haseena and helps her rise to her feet while saying,

PS: (in an annoyed tone) Karishma.. What's wrong with you?? Instead of helping Maddam Sir, you are laughing at her?

As a response, Karishma places her palm on her mouth controlling her laughter, trying to maintain some decorum.

PS: (in a concerned tone) Maddam Sir how did you fall??.. Did you get hurt anywhere?

Stretching her strained back muscles and spinal ligaments while squeezing her eyes out of pain,

HM: (in a croaky voice) No Pushpaji.. I'm alright.. I just slipped from the bed in my sleep..
Haseena lied effortlessly.

PS: Don't lie Maddam Sir.. I know you fell because of Karishma..

Haseena opens her eyes and swiftly shifts her gaze at Pushpaji, who had caught her white lie almost instantly, with a flabbergasted face while Pushpaji continues,

PS: I know my Bahurani very well.. She never sleeps properly on her side of the bed.. She keeps exploring the whole bed tossing and turning every now and then in her sleep like an impatient 'seconds' hand of the clock.. See.. how she has conquered 90% of your bed area for herself..

Hearing this, Haseena heaves a sigh of relief.

KS: Could you please stop disgracing me Pushpaji.. Don't speak as if you sleep like a perfect statue without kicking your hands and legs around in your sleep..

PS: We are not at station Karishma.. We are off-duty now.. I'm your senior here..

KS: Haa haa I know.. Now tell me why you disturbed my sleep..

PS: Shivani wants you and Haseena to go to the location that she has shared on your whatsapp.. You weren't receiving her call it seems and Maddam Sir's phone was switched-off.. So she had called me asking to wake you up and inform..

KS: Damn! I had kept my phone on silent yesterday during dinner..
Says Karishma while grabbing her smartphone from her bedside table in haste. Further, checking her whatsapp,

KS: Live location!? Why is she driving so fast??

PS: Seems like some emergency Karishma.. You better hurry up.. (looking at Haseena) Maddam Sir you too.. (glancing back at Karishma) I will ask servants to get your bike out of the garage..

And Pushpaji bolts out of the room leaving the duo confused. Haseena silently strolls towards her wardrobe and grabs her towel and clothes before closing it.

HM: (standing a metre away from the bed) Karishma Singh..
Haseena calls Karishma, who was worriedly looking at her smartphone still sitting on the bed, refreshing the screen to check Shivani's current location.

KS: (raising her head up) Yes Maddam Sir?

HM: (not meeting Karishma's eyes, bowing her head down, in a guilty tone) I'm sorry..

Without waiting for a response from the other end, Haseena darts off to the washroom, leaving Karishma utterly perplexed.
.
.
.
.

After 10 minutes,

Barbie gets alerted by the grunts of the dark iron horse galloping behind her and slows down her bike, discovering it to be someone she knew. Maya, on the other hand, accelerates her bike to overtake the heavy fat bob and blocks the way of the bad boy. Barbie pulls the brake at once and lands her feet on the asphalt road to support the bulky machine while looking at the biker, perplexed. Maya, gets off her vehicle and makes her way towards Barbie with a scrunched up scarlet face. Her puckered forehead, knitted eyebrows, deep dark eyes, clenched jaws, and the vein popping out in her neck were telling Barbie the trouble she was in. Nearing the cruiser, Maya, pulls out the keys from it's keyhole while shooting daggers at the it's rider.

MJS: (in a low yet scary tone) Down..

BU: Sorry!?

MJS: (yelling) Get off the damn bike!

Maya's powerful, authoritative voice echoed in the empty highway, flinching Barbie and Neysa, who was at a visible distance, rushing towards the warzone. Barbie hastily gets down the beast and puts it on stand at a light speed. Barbie gulps her throat at the unseen shade of Maya and braces herself for the following consequence, but heaves a sigh of relief upon finding her partners rushing towards her for her rescue.

MJS: (in an infuriated tone) Who gave you the permission to touch this bike?

Barbie just bows her head down. Maya, who was glaring at Barbie till then, releases the latter from her sharp stare on hearing a squeal of brakes a couple of metres away from her. Neysa and Shivani get off the bullet, unbuckling their helmets with anxious faces. Shivani strolls towards Barbie while Neysa pins herself to the spot, clasping her hands behind her back and bowing her head down before the person in front of her.

MJS: (fuming in fury) I want an answer, Barbie!

SP: Mayaji... We are extremely sorry.. Barbie didn't know about that bike.. We both couldn't identify it even after knowing about it because of its modified body.. If she knew it was her senior's bike, she would never have touched it..

The off-duty advocate takes the side of her crime partner standing next to her. Hearing her explanation, Barbie shoots up her bowed head in shock and turns it to look at Shivani with widened eyes. Receiving a gentle nod from her defence lawyer, Barbie jumps a foot away from the fat bob. Before Maya could attack the duo another time, A voice interposes in between,

"Neysa why did you call us here?"

Asks Karishma casually getting down form her Avenger 220 Cruise with her Maddam Sir and putting it on stand a few feets away from Neysa's bike.

SP: Uhh.. Nothing Karishma.. We were just having a morning ride together..

Shivani tries to say it in the most casual tone possible, while Karishma keenly observes the ashened faces of the Tom & Jerry duo and the deadpan face of her sworn sister Maya.

KS: We are in no mood to play Smoke and mirrors.. (gazing at Haseena) Isn't it, Maddam Sir?

Karishma catches the blatant lie of the advocate with the least effort, causing Haseena to chuckle at Shivani's defeat.

"Who is lying, Karishma?"

Yet another faint voice interjects the conversation with a question. Everyone turns their heads to look at Kaira sauntering towards them, removing her pair of wayfarers. However, Karishma just shifts her gaze away from Kaira, completely ignoring her and her question.

SP: No one, Kairaji.. The thing is, Barbie took a motorcycle for a ride without Mayaji's permission.. So Mayaji was a bit mad about it.. That's it..

Kaira nearing the herd, glances at the steely beauty and then at Maya, who had her eyes fixed on the Harley, before standing next to Maya.

HM: Mayaji come-on.. It's just a bike.. Why are you prioritising materials over humans?
Says Haseena causing Neysa to slap her head.

Unfortunately, It seemed like it was the last straw for Maya. Maya clenches her fists while anger rises in her like a high tide on a full moon night. Maya quivers in anger, and with bloodshot eyes, she shifts her gaze towards Haseena and steps a step forward to head towards the latter being consumed by rage. But her journey was cut short by Kaira, who was blocking her way, spreading her arms while foreseeing the future.

DKS: Mayaji I do understand your frustration.. but please control yourself..

Kaira requests Maya with pleading eyes. Maya closes her eyes and takes a long, deep breath to calm down the rage thrumming through her veins. Once she regains her composure, she opens her eyes and ambles towards her Indian Chief Dark Horse. She pulls the key out of its keyhole and throws it at Barbie.

MJS: I'm sorry for yelling at you.. You can keep my bike..

"Keep!??"

A flabbergasted voice intervenes in in their conversation while 7 pairs of eyes follow the source of waves of sound to end up at the sight of a couple jaunting towards them.

SS: Mayadi don't be so generous.. It's a freaking Dark Horse worth anywhere between 20 and 24 lakhs.. You can't just give it away like that..

KS: 1 minute Santu.. How did you come here..

SS: I saw you guys leaving in a hurry.. So we too came..

KS: But how did you know our location?

SS: You should ask Cheeta.. He drove me here..

On getting Karishma's gaze on himself, Cheeta says,
CC: It wasn't difficult to guess, madam.. Who would ride superbikes on mud roads or roads filled with potholes..??

Before anyone could waste time asking more questions,
SS: Mayadi you had told me yesterday about your love for this particular bike then how could you donate your favourite bike like that.. ??
Santosh impatiently expresses her opinion.

MJS: (in a calm tone) I know what I'm doing, Santu.

BU: But Mayaji I can't keep it.. At the same time, I don't want to disappoint you too.. So let me take it for a ride, with your consent..
Said Barbie as if nothing happened, causing Neysa and Shivani to shake their head in disbelief at Barbie's "never mind" attitude.

MJS: Kaira.. Drop me at the mansion.. I have an online meeting with a client..

DKS: Sure..

Kaira parades towards her Ducati Monster BS6 before getting it near Maya.

Maya, boarding the sport bike and getting seated on the pillion seat behind Kaira, abruptly tosses the keys of the Fatbob at Haseena, who was in her own world causing her to juggle it for a few times in the air before getting a proper hold of it. Further, looking at a confused face of Haseena,

MJS: Get it to the mansion!
Maya orders Haseena in a stern tone.

HM: (glancing at the fat bob) It looks heavy.. I am not used to such bikes..

Maya just raises an eyebrow in response, but Haseena continues,
HM: (in a worried tone) What if I crash it to someone or something..

MJS: (sighing) You wouldn't know who you are until you see what you can do.. and you will never know what you can do until you try, and you would never try unless you have to.. So make your mind thinking you have to.. (seeing Haseena scratching her head).. besides, It's a good habit to try new things once in a while.. All the best! (patting the shoulder of Kaira) Kaira..

Maya signals Kaira to restart the engine, and the duo vrooms off from the place, leaving the team MPT behind in confusion

Once the Ducati Monster disappeared from her sight, Haseena slowly approaches the beasty beauty with baby steps, fixating her eyes on the mammoth moto, which was inviting its rider with wide open arms. Haseena seemed to have lost herself in the musings of the surreal enchantress before her, bouncing back the gleams of the warm yet tender rays of the just-risen morning star. Haseena gently caresses the sleek metallic body of the devil while an involuntary smirk makes its way to her lips, unknowing to her. With utmost confidence, she throws her leg over the seat, grabs the helmet hanging onto one of its handles, buckles up her armour, flips up the jiffy stand in a flash, stands the fat bob upright like it's a feather, whacks the throttle twice, turns on the ignition, and finally hits the starter to fire up the deadly machine with the greatest sound known to mankind to begin her journey towards the known destination. The dark demon rumbled in the mighty iron horse between her legs as the miles sped away beneath its black wheels. She grinned despite herself as the cold winds of the dayspring whipped her hair about and gave an unconscious squeeze to the lever on the great y-shaped rudder, coaxing yet more power from the magnificent machine, leaving behind the team MPT in a smog of incredulity.

SP: Hey.. Where are you going? Wait for me..
Says Shivani looking at Karishma, who was hastily igniting her Avenger 220 cruise with a worried face.

KS: Hurry up Shivani.. I gotta follow Maddam Sir..
Says Karishma with urgency in her tone, handing over a helmet to Shivani.

N: Chill Karishma.. I think she can handle it..

KS: I know her better than you Neysa!
Says Karishma bluntly to Neysa before darting her bullet in the path taken by her senior.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After 10 minutes,
SP: Karishma we ride bikes seeing the road.. I know your Maddam Sir is looking super hot on that superbike.. But you should consider your poor passenger's well-being too..
Says Shivani tightly gripping on the bike's backrest while looking at Karishma, who had her eyes fixed on the biker leading her way.

KS: (in an irked tone) Shivani.. I'm not checking her out..

SP: (in an innocent tone) When did I say you are..??

KS: Don't act so innocent Ms. Advocate.. Do you really think I didn't notice you gaping at her while she was boarding the bike a while ago..?

SP: Hey hey.. Nothing like that.. I was just amazed by her swag..

KS: Exactly!.. That's what I'm wondering now.. My Avenger 220 Cruise has a kerb weight of 163 KG, an engine of 220c and 19HP.. It should have been an easy ride for her, considering her physique.. But still, she struggled a lot with it on her first ride, when Anubhav sir swapped our posts and made her the SI of MPT.. And now look how she is riding the heaviest bullet weighing around 310KG with a 1800cc 100HP engine so effortlessly in her first ride, as if she has ridden it a thousand times..

SP: She has ridden no.. (says causing KS to sharply turn her face to look at SP with confusion) Your bike!.. She has ridden your bike a thousand times right?.. So she must have become an expert by now..

KS: (turning her face to look back at the road) Shivani Riding a fricking Fatbob is not like riding my normal bike.. A slight mistake on it would make the biker end up in a ditch..

SP: I don't think so Karishma.. A bike is a bike..

KS: (Rolling her eyes) See with whom I'm speaking.. Who doesn't even know the abcd of bikes..
says causing Shivani to pout.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Morning 6:45 AM,
JaiSingh Mansion, Lucknow.
DKS: Is it a boon or a bane?
Asks Kaira leaning onto the railings of her room's balcony while looking at Maya, who was standing next to her placing her hands on the railings, watching Haseena enter the mansion on Harley's from the first floor.
MJS: Blessing in Disguise.
DKS: Hmm.. You have a heart of steel
MJS: (letting out a hollow chuckle) You too..
DKS: Hmm.. maybe.. but the ratio of yours to mine is 10:1.. You know it..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.1K 3.2K 23
"Sab kehte h ki mujhe tumse dur rehna chahiye" I said still trying to normalise my breaths as I just reached this place , she sensed my presence , bu...
1.6K 140 8
please read.. if you are interested in reaction in my choice.... 🙏💕 Characters are same as maddam sir story.. Just it has some change in karishma s...
22.2K 1.6K 11
Everyone has a limit......Karishma Singh has crossed that limit of someone speacial.....but does she know she has....? Will she be able to realize th...
35.4K 4.5K 44
न कम होगा न खत्म होगा ये प्यार है हर पल होगा और तुमसे ही होगा ✨❤️ My first Kareena story and I don't know a little bit about writing I am here just...