I Love You So

By MeatballMarinaraSub

Amanda, 25, is dating Shane Walsh, 30. Shane is smitten by Lori, 31, Ricks wife. Rick, 30, is clueless. Wh... More

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44 - TW / mentions of SA
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49

Part 1

3.8K 58 3
By MeatballMarinaraSub

Hello! I love reading all the walking dead stories so I thought I'd write one. If this flops, I will have to change my name and get a new identity.

I don't own any of these characters, except the ones i've created. I don't plan on making this exactly verbatim as the show, but u'kno, i'll just vibe.

——
Amanda, 25, was dating Shane Walsh. It was around 6:30pm and they were getting ready to go to the Police Banquet. During the banquet, they honor the fallen officers as well as praise the ones who have done well at work throughout that quarter.

Shane was downstairs, sitting on the couch, staring at the stairwell, waiting for Amanda. Shane groaned, "Amanda, please hurry. I told Rick we would meet him and Lori at 6:45."
Amanda walked down the stairs, holding her heels in her hands, "would you rather be on time with a pretty girlfriend or be late with an ugly girlfriend?" She asked, standing at the bottom of the stairs, waiting for his approval on her outfit.
Shane looked at her and smiled widely, "I would prefer to show up on time with a pretty girlfriend, but beggars can't be choosers, I suppose," He teased.

Amanda stayed where she was, holding onto the railing. She cleared her throat loudly, "uhmmmmmmm..." She groaned, waiting for his approval on her outfit

Shane stood up and walked over to Amanda. He picked her up, holding her by her butt. He placed her down and grinned, "absolutely gorgeous. chefs kiss. truly. do a spin for me, yeah?"

Amanda laughed, spinning happily for Shane. She was wearing a black fitted dress that went down to her ankles. She wore gold heels to match her golden clutch. She had red lipstick on, drawing attention to her plump lips and white teeth. She batted her big green eyes at Shane, "What're we waiting for? Let's go. We gotta meet Rick and Lori! Don't wanna be late!" She exclaimed.

Shane inhaled deeply, running his hands down his all black tuxedo, "You test my patience." He laughed softly, taking her hand as he led her outside. He climbed in the drivers seat, leaving amanda to open her own door.

Amanda inhaled softly, opening her door before sitting down. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked out the window as Shane drove off.

Within 20 minutes, they arrived at the banquet hall.

Amanda slid on her heels, looking over at Shane, in hopes that he would open the door for her.
Shane glanced at his phone, checking the time, "6:58, nice." he exhaled, climbing out of the car. He stood in front of the hood, waiting for Amanda to join him.

Amanda climbed out the car, slamming the door behind her. She looked over as she heard a familiar voice.

Rick walked over, wearing a navy blue tuxedo and brown shoes, "I see we aren't the only ones fashionably late." He laughed as he walked over, giving Shane a quick handshake before turning to Amanda. Rick inhaled sharply, briefly looking over amanda's body. Her breasts were bulging out of the top of her dress and her curves were put on display, due to how tight her dress was.
"Hey, Amanda. You look great." Rick grinned as he leaned in, giving Amanda a hug.

Amanda smiled happily, returning the hug as she kissed his cheek in a friendly manner, "you look nice too! but not as good as Lori! I love your shoes." Amanda smiled as she brushed past Rick, walking over to Lori.

Lori was wearing a white dress with silver heels. Her hair was curled loosely and tucked behind her ear, "Hello!" She smiled as she hugged Amanda tightly. Lori moved past Amanda and turned her attention to Shane. She grinned widely as she gave him a long hug, letting it linger a little.

The group began to walk towards the door, Shane taking the lead.

Shane held open the door for Lori, walking inside after her. He dropped the door after Lori walked inside, trailing behind her.

Amanda stopped quickly, not wanting to get hit as the heavy door shut.

Rick inhaled sharply, but didn't say anything. He opened the door for Amanda, standing behind it, "After you, m'lady." He joked

Amanda laughed softly, obviously upset by Shane's lack of curtesy, "Thanks." she smiled softly. She walked inside, following Lori and Shane. Shane pulled the seat out for Lori before he pulled a chair out besides her. He went to sit down but he looked up, noticing the burning rage in amanda's eyes. Shane laughed softly, "i'm just kidding." he lied, standing up and pulling the chair out further, nudging amanda to sit down.
Amanda inhaled deeply, gritting her teeth as she sat down.

Amanda placed a cloth napkin on her lap, looking around, "it looks so fancy in here." she noted.
Shane held amanda's thigh tightly, nodding in agreement. He looked over at the waiter, flagging him down, "water for the lady and i'll take a jack and coke." he said

Rick was looking at his watch but glanced up as Shane spoke. He didn't say anything but he let his eyes flicker over to Amanda.

Amanda smiled softly, crossing her legs and shifting her body further from Shane.
"I'll have a water as well. Lori? What would you like?" Rick asked softly.

"A glass of red wine, please." Lori said, offering a kind smile at the waiter.

The waiter nodded, "of course, two waters, one jack and coke and one red wine. right on it." he said with a soft smile before walking off.
Amanda glanced at the table, looking at the breadsticks. She played with her hands, glancing down at her fresh french manicure.

Lori laughed softly, "you're looking at those breadsticks so sadly." she noticed.

Amanda looked up, offering a soft laugh, "Shane and I are doing a low carb diet." She said, rubbing her arms, "so i..." amanda said, stopping as she saw Shane reach for a breadstick, "we?" He laughed softly.

Rick bit the inside of his cheeks, not sure why Shane was acting different with Amanda. Usually, Shane was drooling at her every move.
"Hey, Shane, I think my tie is on wrong. Can you come to the bathroom and help me fix it?" Rick asked, looking for an excuse to get Shane alone.
Shane inhaled, "Yeah. This must be how every father feels." He joked, standing up. He squeezed Amanda's shoulder, walking towards the bathroom with Rick.

Rick walked inside the bathroom, going over to the urinal, "hey, everything okay with you and amanda?" he asked casually.

Shane examined his teeth in the mirror, picking out a piece of oregano from the breadstick, "eh. we finally had sex after five and half months. the affects wore off. don't get me wrong, she's crazy hot, great in bed, smart and funny but.. i don't know." he shrugged, "not for me, i guess. how're you and lori?" he asked curiously.

Rick looked at shane through the mirror as he washed his hand, "fine. still fighting like crazy. i want to do counseling but she's not interested." he noted, choosing to ignore shane's comment from earlier about amanda. he inhaled softly, leading shane back out.

They arrived at the table and Lori was talking with another woman at a different table.
Amanda sat alone, playing with her straw. She swirled the straw around her glass of water, deep in thought.

Rick walked past Amanda to get to his seat and he gave her arm a gentle squeeze.

Amanda looked up, smiling softly, "welcome back. did you figure out your tie situation?" Amanda asked kindly, giving a soft smile.
Rick looked at Amanda, examining her face. He looked at her long wavy hair that went past her shoulders. He looked at her dimples, star struck by how deep they were. He looked up, locking eyes with her. His ocean blue eyes locked with her dark green eyes, causing him to blush for a moment, "yeah! shane saved me. really good guy." he laughed.

amanda smiled softly, "where is he?" she questioned. rick looked up, "oh, i don't know. he was just behind me." he said, looking around the room.

He glanced at the dance floor, noticing shane was slow dancing with lori. Shane was twirling Lori effortlessly as Lori laughed, her eyes bright with joy.

"That's the happiest she's been in a long time." Rick said, inhaling softly as he watched them. Rick was completely obvious at the fact Shane and Lori had feelings for each other.

Amanda sighed softly, "yeah. shane's been weird with me lately." she admitted. She watched as Shane dipped Lori and leaned down near her face.

Rick looked over at amanda, "who is to say we gotta sit here and be the odd men out?" He asked, reaching his hand out for Amanda.
Amanda smiled softly, taking his hand. She followed Rick to the dance floor, looking at the DJ as a slower song began.

Amanda placed her hands on Rick's shoulders, smiling as he placed his hand on her midsection, careful not to touch too low on her body.
"So, Amanda. We haven't really had time to get to know each other. I only know you from Shane's perspective. Tell me about you." Rick inquired as he swayed them gently.

Amanda laughed softly, "Okay, well, i'm 25, i served in the Army for 4 years before i separated. I'm a pediatric nurse and I'm so tired of being on a low carb diet with shane." She admitted
Rick laughed loudly, shaking his head, "i don't know how you tolerate him." Rick said, "what's the story behind ya'll?" he asked

"He saved a kiddo and came to visit them. I was the nurse taking care of that baby. Low and behold, after nagging me for weeks, i agreed to go on one date. After that, i was hooked." Amanda admitted, "What about you and Lori?" She asked with a soft smile

"We've been together 13 years, been married for 10. We got married shortly after Carl conceived." Rick said. He looked down into amanda's eyes, "Lori's family is religious." He said as he spun her slowly.

"Ah, makes sense." Amanda said softly, smiling shyly as she placed her hand back on Ricks shoulders.

She paused for a moment, taking time to examine him closely. Amanda looked at his wavy brown hair, then down to his baby blue eyes, trailing down to his light pink lips. Amanda inhaled softly, noticing how handsome he was. Before amanda could speak, a finger tapped her on the shoulder.

Amanda turned around, smiling at Lori.
Lori feigned a smile at amanda, "thanks for warming him up. i'll take over." She smiled.
"Yeah, yeah, of course." Amanda smiled, letting go of Rick , "thank you for keeping me company." she smiled at Rick before turning away.

Amanda returning back to the table, not sure where Shane was. She glanced around the banquet hall, sighing softly as she noticed Shane at the bar, talking to the female bartender.
Amanda pulled out her phone, calling an Uber. She stood up, grabbing her clutch purse and walked towards the door.
Rick looked over Loris shoulder and watched Amanda leave. He couldn't help but feel saddened by Shane taking advantage of her.

The night carried on and Shane didn't seem to be bothered by Amanda's absence.
Rick won a medal of achievement for his good deeds done while on the line of duty.
Throughout the night, Shane continued to drink, "Rick, Rick... Man... Can you drive me home?" He questioned, "I don't wanna get pulled over." he joked

Rick laughed softly, nodding slowly, "c'mon." he said. He took Lori's hand and led them both outside. Rick opened the passengers door for Lori. Before she climbed in, he paused, taking her hand, "hey.." he mumbled, giving her a soft kiss. he bit the inside of his lip when the kiss wasn't returned, "i love you." rick said quietly
Lori nodded, "you too." she repeated, climbing into the car. She shut the door behind her, resting her head on the window.
Rick climbed in, looking in his rear view mirror at Shane, who was in the backseat fumbling with his tie.

"Hey, drop me off at Amanda's, please." He said, handing rick his phone with her address pulled up.

Rick nodded slowly, driving down the road. He pulled up to a quaint house that stood alone. Rick climbed out the car, examining the exterior of the home. He smiled at the large garden in the front as he walked his way over to the front door.
He rang the doorbell, rocking back and forth on his heels.

After several minutes, the door opened. Amanda stood in the doorway, wearing one of Shane's button up shirts, "rick?" amanda questioned, her eyes slightly swollen and red from crying.
"hey." rick replied softly, "i got someone requesting to see you." he said, nodding to the car.

amanda sighed softly, putting on her crocs. she walked over to the car, noticing Lori was sound asleep in the passengers seat.
She looked at Shane in the backseat, inhaling as he rolled down the window, "hey, can i stay the night?" shane questioned
"i don't think it's a good idea. i have work early in the morning." amanda sighed softly as she reached through the window and stroked his cheek, "we can talk later." she lied, "goodbye, shane." amanda said quietly as she pulled her arm away.

Shane nodded, rolling the window back up as he leaned back against the seat.
Amanda walked towards the front door, looking over at Rick who stayed in the same place.
Amanda smiled softly, "have a nice night, officer grimes." amanda said. she stood in her doorway and reached out, holding his hand for a moment. she gave a slight squeeze, "goodnight." she said.
"goodnight, ms. amanda. i don't know your last name." Rick laughed softly.

Amanda smiled, attempting to pull her hand away but Rick continued to hold on, mindlessly.
Amanda blushed as she tried to hide her smile, "garcia." she said
"goodnight, nurse garcia." rick said as he let go of her hand, letting their fingertips linger.
Amanda smiled as she stepped into the home, closing the door behind her.
She sighed softly, looking up at the ceiling before walking back to her room.
She laid in bed, closing her eyes before falling asleep
—-

Amanda's outfit ^

Ricks outfit ^

Shane ^

Lori! ^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

845K 23.4K 128
June Gomez has lost everyone she's ever loved and survived the end of the world. When she stumbles across a group, she's determined to prove herself...
28.9K 956 31
Nell has lost everyone she ever loved. She witnessed her little brother getting tore to shreds right in front of her eyes. And to make things worse...
65.9K 1.3K 54
"You're my gem and mine alone.." As Ruby journeys across the state in search of her family she's taken captive by Daryl Dixon. Ruby may be small but...
246K 5.4K 47
•Book 1• Book 2 will be coming as soon as possible! Alex Grimes (you) always had a Fire in her. She was training to be a cop, Just like her father...