𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐎𝐟 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞...

By A2ndOpinion

⊱ ────── {.⋅ 🜂 ⋅.} ────── ⊰ 𝙰 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚝𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝙾𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚔𝚎𝚙... More

DISCLAIMER (READ THIS OR ELSE)
⚡The Lightning Thief⚡
[1] Lions and Scorpions don't mix
[2] A battle with the beast
[3] Dealing with cards
[4] Percy the plumber
[5] A small chat by the fire
[6] A quick game of Capture The Flag
[7] Parent problems
[8] A quest
[9] Percy blows up a bus
[10] We visit the garden gnome emporium
[11] Percy gets some new golden eyes.
[12] I blast a hole in the Arch
[13] I take a dive into the Mississippi
[14] A God buys us cheeseburgers
[15] We stay at the Lotus Casino
[16] We visit the waterbed palace
[17] Annabeth tames Cerebus
[18] We talk to the Head of the Dead
[19] I get a little 'boared'
[20] The 600th floor awaits us
Notes
🌊 The Sea of Monsters 🌊
[1] Some cows invade the camp
[2] Percy gets a new brother
[3] Some pigeons crash the race
[4] George wants a rat
[5] Stowaways on a Princess
[6] The bear twins
[7] The Monster Doughnut Mascot
[8] Charybdis needs better braces
[9] Never trust a witch
[10] Fatal flaws
[11] Meetin' the meat eatin' sheep
[12] The Golden Fleece vs Broken Ribs
[13] A lucky throw
[14] Another coin added to the fountain
[15] A boxing glove arrow?
[16] Athena doesn't have any chores (luckily)
[17] The Grace of a God
[18] A storm drawn to the flames.
Notes
🌎 The Titans Curse 🌎
[1] A box of rocks
[2] You Gottschalk?
[3] Zeus has an extra movement point
[4] Thalia boils some Naiads
[5] Y/N has anger issues
[6] Percy's f̶l̶a̶w̶e̶d̶ flawless plan
[7] Zoe dislikes men? What else is new.
[8] Percy hates nets
[9] Great, it's the wine dude...
[10] Freeze dried ice-cream to the rescue
[11] Fred
[12] Y/N misses George
[13] A fiery sort of love
[14] Internal conflict is the best medicine
[15] A land without rain
[16] Dared
[17] The wine dude comes to the rescue... unfortunately
[18] A lovely family reunion
[19] Clouds are heavier then you think
[20] The stars are beautiful tonight
[21] The cow snake almost dies
[22] A call from the wild
[23] Bad blood
Notes
🐂The Battle of the Labyrinth🐂
[1] Newcomer
[2] Jealousy
[3] Seeds of Anger

[21] I get a new Necklace.

2.1K 87 25
By A2ndOpinion

We were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke, so of course everybody treated us as if we'd won some reality-TV contest. According to camp tradition, we wore laurel wreaths to a big feast prepared in our honor, then led a procession down to the bonfire, where we got to burn the burial shrouds our cabins had made for us in our absence.

Annabeth's shroud was beautiful. Gray silk with embroidered owls. Percy said it was a shame not to bury her in it. She punched him and told him to shut up. Being the son of Poseidon, Percy didn't have any cabin mates, so the Ares cabin had volunteered to make his shroud. They'd taken an old bedsheet and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border, and the word LOSER painted really big in the middle. My shroud was honestly wayyy over the top. A gorgeous reddish-pink silk cloth with wildflowers. It also had a list of weird numbers hidden in the seam. I would have to ask the Aphrodite girls why they added that.

As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out s'mores, I was surrounded by my old Hermes cabinmates, Annabeth's friends from Athena, and Grover's satyr buddies, including Jeremy, who were admiring the brand-new searcher's license he'd received from the Council of Cloven Elders. The council had called Grover's performance on the quest "Brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past."

The only ones not in a party mood were Clarisse and her cabinmates. They seemed really conflicted, considering I had just bested their Dad in sword combat. Perhaps they would get over it when I baked them some scones. Baked goods always make everything better. Dionysus' speech about Percy was even better

"Yes, yes, so the little brat didn't get himself killed and now he'll have an even bigger head. Well, huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday. . . ." I moved back into my cabin, which felt just at home. Apparently, the rest of the camp had been begging Chiron to allow them to sit on the front porch, which wasn't allowed without me there. But I doubt I would have cared.

On the Fourth of July, the whole camp gathered at the beach for a fireworks display by cabin nine. Being Hephaestus's kids, they weren't going to settle for a few lame red-white-and-blue explosions. They'd anchored a barge offshore and loaded it with rockets the size of Patriot missiles. According to Annabeth, who'd seen the show before, the blasts would be sequenced so tightly they'd look like frames of animation across the sky. The finale was supposed to be a couple of hundred-foot-tall Spartan warriors who would crackle to life above the ocean, fight a battle, then explode into a million colours.

As Percy and I were spreading a picnic blanket, Grover showed up to tell us good-bye. He was dressed in his usual jeans and T-shirt and sneakers, but in the last few weeks he'd started to look older, almost high-school age. His goatee had gotten thicker. He'd put on weight. His horns had grown at least an inch, so he now had to wear his rasta cap all the time to pass as human.

"I'm off," he said. "I just came to say . . . well, you know." I felt happy for him. After all, it wasn't every day a satyr got permission to go look for the great god Pan. But it was hard saying good-bye. Annabeth gave him a hug. She told him to keep his fake feet on. I asked him where he was going to search first.

"Kind of a secret," he said, looking embarrassed. "I wish you could come with me, guys, but humans and Pan . . ."

"We understand," Annabeth said. "You got enough tin cans for the trip?"

"Yeah."

"And you remembered your reed pipes?"

"Jeez, Annabeth," he grumbled. "You're like an old mama goat." But he didn't really sound annoyed. He gripped his walking stick and slung a backpack over his shoulder.

"Well," he said, "wish me luck." He gave Annabeth another hug. He clapped me and Percy on the shoulder, then headed back through the dunes. Fireworks exploded to life overhead: Hercules killing the Nemean lion, Artemis chasing the boar, George Washington (who, by the way, was a son of Athena) crossing the Delaware.

"Hey, Grover," Percy called. He turned at the edge of the woods. "Wherever you're going—I hope they make good enchiladas." Grover grinned, and then he was gone, the trees closing around him.

"We'll see him again," Annabeth said. I tried to believe it. The fact that no searcher had ever come back in two thousand years . . . well, I decided not to think about that. Grover would be the first. He had to be.

July passed. My birthday rolled around. Which honestly wasn't that big of a deal. But apparently the rest of the camp thought it was. Percy seemed to be settling just fine, which made me glad. I was worried that he might become an outcast again. But the camp seemed to accept him. Which was great. I spent my days learning recipes from the nymphs and dryads, as well as learning to forge with the Hephaestus crew. Which wasn't really that hard, considering I could bend fire pretty well.

The last night of the summer session came all too quickly. The campers had one last meal together. We burned part of our dinner for the gods. At the bonfire, the senior counsellors awarded the end-of-summer beads. I got my own leather necklace, and when I saw the bead for my first summer, I was glad the firelight covered my blushing. The design was a Ying and Yang, with a sea-green trident shimmering in the black part, and red flame blazing in the white part.

"The choice was unanimous," Luke announced. "This bead commemorates the first Son of Poseidon and the first son of Hestia at this camp, and the quest they undertook into the darkest part of the Underworld to stop a war!" The entire camp got to their feet and cheered. Even Ares's cabin felt obliged to stand. Athena's cabin steered Annabeth to the front so she could share in the applause. I'm not sure I'd ever felt as happy or sad as I did at that moment. I'd finally found a family, people who cared about me and thought I'd done something right. And in the morning, most of them would be leaving for the year.

The next morning, I found a form letter on my bedside table.

Dear Y/N,

If you intend to stay at Camp Half-Blood year-round, you must inform the Big House by noon today. If you do not announce your intentions, we will assume you have vacated your cabin or died a horrible death. Cleaning harpies will begin work at sundown. They will be authorized to eat any unregistered campers. All personal articles left behind will be incinerated in the lava pit.

Have a nice day! Mr. D (Dionysus) Camp Director, Olympian Council #12

The decision was easy. I mean, it wasn't like there was anything to back to anyway. The orphanage was my last option, and there was no way I was going back there. I folded up the letter and put it in my pocket. As I made my way over to the big house, I saw Percy walking over to Luke. Luke seemed to hold up a weird looking sword, which Percy seemed interested in. Luke then held up a six pack of coke, which surprised me. There were no regular mortal sodas at the camp store. No way to smuggle them in unless you talked to a satyr, maybe. Percy seemed to nod, and the two made their way to the woods.

I made my way to the big house, handing in the letter. I decided to stay year round. I knew it would be the best option. I glanced up to the attic, where the supposed Oracle had given Percy his prophecy.

You shall go west, and face the god who has turned. Been there, done that - even though the traitor god had turned out to be Ares rather than Hades.

You shall find what was stolen and see it safely returned. Check. One master bolt delivered. One helm of darkness back on Hades's oily head.

You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend. This line still bothered me. Ares had pretended to be Percy's friend, then betrayed us. That must be what the Oracle meant. . . .

And you shall fail to save what matters most, in the end. Percy had failed to save his mom, but he said that she was safely returned after he visited Olympus.

So why was I still uneasy?

You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend . . . It didn't feel right. Ares made no attempt to get buddy buddy with us. In fact, he only helped us when we did something for him first. So who would have betrayed Percy?

Not Grover. He had gone on a search anyway. Annabeth? Maybe, but extremely unlikely. And she had many chances to kill us. It was someone else.

Who had been friends with Percy? Someone who he trusted completely. Someone who had befriended him instantly. I felt my pulse quicken. I was onto something.

I thought back to the start of the quest. Percy had gotten his pen. I got my bracelet from my mother. Grover got . . . the magic sneakers. The same sneakers that had tried to pull him into the depths of Tartarus. The same sneakers that had belonged to . . .

.

.

.

Luke

.

.

.

The guy that Percy had just walked into the woods with.

Alone.

You shall be betrayed by one who calls you a friend.

I turned instantly, sprinting towards the woods. Percy might be strong enough to hold his own in a fight, but it was Luke. He was much older and more experienced. I saw some nymphs sitting and chatting under a tree.

"Quick! Get Chiron! The woods! Percys being attacked!" I screamed at them. I hoped they understood. I Sprinted into the woods, jumping over roots and logs. I saw a small clearing with boulders and rocks. A little further I saw him. Percy. Collapsed on the ground.

.

.

.

"Here we are again." Percy mumbled, stirring from his sleep.

"You idiot," I grumbled, not letting him know how happy I was to see him alive. "You were green and turning grey when I found you. If it weren't for Chiron's healing . . ."

"Now, now," Chiron's voice said. "Percy's constitution deserves some of the credit."

His lower half was magically compacted into the wheelchair, his upper half dressed in a coat and tie. He smiled, but his face looked weary and pale. I could tell the news I told him wasn't going to well.

"How are you feeling?" Annabeth asked behind me. I could tell she was still upset from what I told her. She tried not to show it.

"Like my insides have been frozen, then microwaved." Percy mumbled.

"Apt, considering that was pit scorpion venom." Chiron said. "We heard the story from Y/N, but if you could tell me, if you can, exactly what happened." Between sips of nectar, Percy told us what happened. Which was basically what I said.

The room was quiet for a long time. "I can't believe it . . . I thought maybe . . ." Annabeth's voice faltered. Her expression turned angry and sad. "Yes. Yes, I can believe it. May the gods curse him. . . . He was never the same after his quest."

"This must be reported to Olympus," Chiron murmured. "I will go at once."

"Luke is out there right now," Percy said. "I have to go after him." Chiron shook his head.

"No, Percy. The gods—"

"Won't even talk about Kronos," He snapped. "Zeus declared the matter closed!"

"Dude, how are you even going to fight with a sword?" I pointed to his bundle of wraps, which seemed to go under his radar.

"Chiron . . . your prophecy from the Oracle," Percy said. "It was about Kronos, wasn't it? Was I in it? And Y/N?" Chiron glanced nervously at the ceiling.

"Percy, it isn't my place—"

"You've been ordered not to talk to me about it, haven't you?" Percy pressed

Chiron's eyes were sympathetic, but sad. "You will be a great hero, child. I will do my best to prepare you. But if I'm right about the path ahead of you . . ." Thunder boomed overhead, rattling the windows.

"All right!" Chiron shouted. "Fine!" He sighed in frustration.

"The gods have their reasons, Percy. Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing."

"We can't just sit back and do nothing," I said.

"We will not sit back," Chiron promised. "But you must be careful. Kronos wants you to come unravelled, Percy. Possibly even you as well, Y/N. He wants your lives disrupted, your thoughts clouded with fear and anger. Do not give him what he wants. Train patiently. Your time will come."

"Assuming I live that long." Percy murmured

"You'll have to trust me, Percy. You will live. But first you must decide your path for the coming year. I cannot tell you the right choice. . . ."

I got the feeling that he had a very definite opinion, and it was taking all his willpower not to advise Percy. I wanted him to say as well. "But you must decide whether to stay at Camp Half-Blood year-round, or return to the mortal world for seventh grade and be a summer camper. Think on that. When I get back from Olympus, you must tell me your decision."

I could tell Percy had more to say on the matter, but he seemed to stop himself. "I'll be back as soon as I can," Chiron promised. "Argus will watch over you." He glanced at Annabeth.

"Oh, and, my dear . . . whenever you're ready, they're here." Chiron rolled himself out of the room. I heard the wheels of his chair clunk carefully down the front steps, two at a time.

Annabeth seemed to still be deep in thought, studying the ice in Percy's drink.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Nothing." She set the glass on the table. "I . . . just took your advice about something."

I raised an eyebrow at that, though I decided against pressing further. I instead turned to Percy, who was struggling to move. "You good?"

"Yeah. Help me up. I want to go outside."

"Percy, that isn't a good idea." Annabeth said. Percy slid his legs out of the bed, almost crumpling to the floor. I lurched forward , catching him before he could fall to the floor.

"I told you . . ." I chided.

"I'm fine," Percy hissed in pain, clearly not fine. He managed a shaky step forward. By the time we reached the porch, his face was beaded with sweat. It was dusk. The camp looked completely deserted. The cabins were dark and the volleyball pit silent. No canoes cut the surface of the lake. Beyond the woods and the strawberry fields, the Long Island Sound glittered in the last light of the sun.

"What are you going to do?" Annabeth asked me.

"Stay," I answered. "Not like I got anywhere else to go. You?"

Annabeth pursed her lips, then said quietly, "I'm going home for the year."

I stared at her. "You mean, to your dad's?" She pointed toward the crest of Half-Blood Hill. Next to Thalia's pine tree, at the very edge of the camp's magical boundaries, a family stood silhouetted—two little children, a woman, and a tall man with blond hair. They seemed to be waiting. The man was holding a backpack that looked like the one Annabeth had gotten from Waterland in Denver.

"I wrote him a letter when we got back," Annabeth said. "Just like you suggested. I told him . . . I was sorry. I'd come home for the school year if he still wanted me. He wrote back immediately. We decided . . . we'd give it another try." I smiled a little awkwardly. I was glad that she was having another go reconnecting with family. But a small part of me wished she would stay. I liked her company.

"That took guts." Percy said.

She turned to Percy. "You won't try anything stupid during the school year, will you? At least . . . not without sending me an Iris-message?"

He managed a smile. "I won't go looking for trouble. I usually don't have to."

"You better not." I crossed my arms. "Otherwise, no scones for a month when you get back." Percy gasped.

"Promise."

"When I get back next summer," Annabeth said, "we'll hunt down Luke. We'll ask for a quest, but if we don't get approval, we'll all sneak off and do it anyway. Agreed?"

"Sounds like a plan worthy of Athena." Percy smiled. She held out her hand to him. He shook it. "Take care, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth told him. "Keep your eyes open."

"You too, Wise Girl." She turned to me, holding out her hand. I shook it.

"See you soon, Firecracker." I winked at her.

"Make sure you design some good buildings."

I watched her walk up the hill and join her family. She gave her father an awkward hug and looked back at the valley one last time. She touched Thalia's pine tree, then allowed herself to be lead over the crest and into the mortal world.

"You're in so much pain, aren't you." I said.

"I am, yeah." Percy replied.

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 1.3K 26
Discontinued - Sorry, loves. Annabeth Chase grew up chasing the dream that she would be happy forever, without a single issue or argument or broken h...
4.1K 176 9
"Woah. Calm your tits, big man." "(M/n), please, just shut up." Follow (M/n) on his journey through the Percy Jackson unive...
126K 976 40
𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘!! Styx 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 :)) 𝙱𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍...
6K 124 15
WORD COUNT: 26,345 (Chapter 1-9) ✨️NO SMUT✨️ -------------------------------------------------- This isn't your normal "Chaos Army" story. Oh, no, no...