Je T'aime

By Astra_Akivili

Furina was missing. The people of Fontaine are in shambles, scrambling to find their missing Archon. Unable t... More

Chapter 1: The Missing Archon
Chapter 2: Dinner?
Chapter 3: Blue
Chapter 4: Justice for Justice
Chapter 5: It's Not A Beach Date
Chapter 6: Bloom (Part 1)
Chapter 7: Bloom (Part 2)
Chapter 8: Rising Waters
Chapter 9: Black and Red
Chapter 10: A Little Language Lesson
Chapter 12: Mirror, Mirror
Abyss Aether AU Part 1: Cursed
Modern AU: The Value of a Name
Fatui AU Part 1: A Monster

Chapter 11: The Comfort That Carnage Brings

914 22 11
By Astra_Akivili

Aether walked past Ying'er's shop. He could get the perfume another time. Maybe when Furina is with him. The more important part is that he could probably get Zhongli to meet up with her. Have a chat over some tea... Would Furina like tea? Or wine? ...No. Scratch the wine. If they both get drunk, then it would take Zhongli forever to get them to be sober. 

So he just scratches it off his list. He's gonna stay sober. No matter how tempting the wine might taste... But if he gets belittled once more for looking too young to drink, he's gonna lose it. 

But Ningguang's waiting for him and so he looks around, sword ready to be drawn...

A sword that's very... very hungry for blood. 

Perfume

You use your right hand to mash the herbs until a sticky substance comes out

Furina was tired after playing another round of popping balloons with Paimon. It was fun. Being around the white fairy felt liberating. It doesn't really help that they both share similar interests in food, cute things, interesting stories to share and amazing people that they've met. Not to mention, that they are both talkers. 

Guess it was only natural that she'd be swayed when Paimon gave her the opportunity to live in the Teapot once the people started to... 

Doubt. 

Because once they doubt the prophecy will-

Oh God. 

It was happening again. 

Those random aches on her body. Her back feels awful. She could've sworn that she had proper posture. She always does. But why was it acting up? Well. She knows why. It's just something that her body does. Her body just hurts sometimes. Sometimes it would feel like her heart stopped working. Sometimes it felt like her ribs were trying to burst out of her chest. Sometimes it would feel like her shoulders ached, her neck would hurt or her throat would be dry even though she hasn't talked or sang all that much. 

She wants to talk about it.

But she's the Hydro Archon.

Can't she heal herself? Do the gods really need medical assistance if they're greater than mortals? 

So she kept it to herself. As long as she wasn't THAT badly hurt. It was just something she had to tolerate.

But that's not the only thing that her body does to her. 

It feels awful to sometimes feel like you're going to throw up. But there's no vomit coming out. She should be thankful for that. She doesn't want to see the deserts she enjoys be mixed up with her saliva and stomach fluids be outside of her body. But that feeling of nausea still remains.

Sometimes she just feels out of energy all of a sudden. Like something inside of her died. And now she doesn't want to do something, but she still has to do it. Even if she does do it, it feels like a monumental task to be done. And when she thinks of doing it, her head hurts.  

Every time she thinks about the prophecy, she feels helpless. She knows that it's awful for her. To not do anything about it. To just give herself some time to be alone. It feels so paradoxical. That in order for Fontaine to live, she has to die inside little by little. 

She doesn't know why she has to do this. She just has faith that it will work out as long as she has to keep pretending that she was Focalors. The perfect Hydro Archon.

Not Furina.

The imperfect performer. 

But she slipped. The prospect of... actual friendship from a small white fairy was a temptation greater than she could ever resist. And now she was facing the consequences of her inability to find a solution to an impossible problem. By going on vacation with her friends... Wow. What a great Archon. 

What makes matters worse is that if she actually does come back to Fontaine, it would just hasten the prophecy. So she essentially traded one suffocating world outside the eyes of the people for another... less suffocating one. But it was still a prison in her eyes. A prison that she willingly entered to escape another one.

She coughed. Her throat hurt. But she has to do this. The prophecy should never be fulfilled. She knows she has to go back eventually. Who knows if or when Fontaine would drown? She can't rely on Aether and Paimon and Tubby all the time. She's got to find information. Anything that can give her a sliver of hope.

Her friends are just distractions. She needs to-

"Hey Furina!" Paimon opened the door to the library to find her buried under a messy pile of books again. Paimon is starting to see Aether instead of Furina. Since he would do the same thing every time he gets the urge to find a lead about his sister. She understands that this is important to her, but... 

Paimon would rather have her friends be happy than bury themselves in guilt and shame. 

"Come on! Let's read something less boring! How about reading some romance novels?" She suggested. "Of course... that is if you're fine with that."

Furina wanted to just let Paimon leave. Or better yet help her find something in this library of Aether's that is related to anything about the Primordial Sea. But... 

Now that she thinks about it... 

Is it really wrong for her to have a break? 

Is it really wrong for her to just be herself?

Is it really wrong for her to have fun with a friend?

Besides, if she comes back to Fontaine, it'll hasten the prophecy. If she wasn't there to begin with, then no one could expose her as a- But what if her absence is exactly what proves to the people that she's- No. No. She's on vacation. Aether said that her people bought her excuse. Furina knows her people. They're gullible enough to believe anything as long as you're confident enough to speak your lies. 

And they trust Aether. Why wouldn't they? He managed to successfully solve not one, but two cases. If anything, that just proves to the Fontainians that he is a symbol of justice. Not as grand as herself, but one that is to be admired all the same. 

So she snaps out of her anxiety and smiles. Excitedly, she asked, "I love me some romance novels! Which ones have you got?"

"Making an Empire in the Middle of a War by Flaming Fox, Freeing a Slave by Seafaring Swordsman or... Five Hundred Choices, Only One Confession by Conductor Rabbit," 

"All of these are from Inazuma, aren't they?"

"What gave it away? The Inazuman text? Or the awful titles?"

"Both."

"Sorry, for some reason Aether really likes reading these when he has the time. Helps him relax. But it just makes me excited you know! Like when your favorite character that you're rooting for is getting closer and closer to the main character and you're feeling bubbly inside and your face flares up is the best feeling in the world. Besides eating, but you get my point right?"

"It's even better when their confession scenes are early in the book right?"

"Or when it's well-earned. Like all those chapters reading were finally worth it because they're together and it just makes you jump for joy!"

"But what really grinds my gears is when my favorite character DOESN'T win. Or when the writer poorly makes an excuse to make another character win over the heart of the main character! It really makes you hate the time invested in the book and you really wish that you can talk to the author about it! But there is nothing you can do and you have to accept that the author is a human."

"Won't stop Paimon from leaving a bad review."

"I'd do the same. Only... under a pen name because I'd rather have the author not be emotionally devastated because they failed to capture the approval of a god."

"Paimon loves it when the couples have chemistry. Like you know they are close when they argue with each other and yet are still willing to deal with one another."

"My dear Paimon, if a simple argument was enough for them to split, then are they even close to begin with?"

"Exactly!"

"Ooh. How about those times when the hero saves the princess and they fall in love? Doesn't that make your heart skip a beat?"

"You're really into cliches huh?"

"As long as they work, they work. I'm asking for your opinion, not to judge my own."

"Well, yeah. I like that, but I think I'd like it better if they fall in love not because the hero saves her... But because they just work well together. Like the princess saves him too or is able to do some cool thing that the hero can't do. It's just a lot more refreshing that way."

"Never read anything like that."

"Then you should start with...Wait, where is it? I could've sworn Aether put it here...," Paimon looked around in the shelves. "Here it is! Rising from the Ashes by Crimson Crow! It's Paimon's personal favorite. 10/10 Paimon would recommend!"

"And the plot is about...?"

"It's about a young girl recruiting a Hero to make her into a Princess! Together, they're going to make their own Empire, slay their enemies with magic and eventually fall in love with each other! Paimon's favorite scene is when-"

"Spoiling is a crime Paimon," Furina interrupts her. 

"Oh. Right. Right. But you'll see it when you see it. Now hurry up and start reading! If you don't understand anything, just ask Paimon! Paimon's really fluent in Inazuman," Paimon hands over the book. Excitedly giggling, she sits on Furina's head, preparing to read it with her and experience the book all over again. 

"I can read Inazuman, thank you very much," Furina opens the book. "Now let's see..."

"You're supposed to start from the other side," Paimon reminds her. 

"I know that!"

"Chapter 1: Reborn." 

War

The battlefield is the paper. Blood is the ink. Your sword is the pen. Carve your story upon this earth as the victor. 

There's a reason as to why the the Fatui ceased all their operations on assassinating the Traveler. Outside from the fact that it would be too easy for their strongest and the Tsaritsa would rather use them for more pressing matters, the Traveler was simply... a nightmare to deal with. To the point where he became a ghost story to new recruits on the job. 

Cold dead unfeeling eyes. A body scarred by lightning itself. A cracked, rusted and dull blade. 

They say that he can fight gods with just his own strength. They say that he is comparable to that of even an Archon. They say that with his ability to wield multiple Elements, he uses them as his tools to create sceneries of carnage. Once he was done with you, he takes away your weapons, your badges, your trinkets as trophies to gift his allies.

Sometimes, he actively hunts for them. Sometimes, he is the one hunted... but he quickly turns the tides. Almost every operative sent after him has disappeared or died. Unless you're a Harbinger, may the Seven protect you from him. 

Of course, there has been some of them who don't really believe in that. He's just a blonde twink with a nearly broken sword. It's just coincidence that he just so happens to be in the right place at the right time for every major disaster that befalls this planet.

Besides, it's an easy segway to becoming a Harbinger or another rank of higher position if they do manage to strike him down. That's what this Fatui agent thought. 

Only to find out that the legends spoken about him...

Are horrifyingly true to their word and even more so.

"Ningguang, you're okay with a little bit of gore right?" Aether asked.

"I can stomach it," the Tianquan sat on top of a rock, legs crossed and rocks ready to be sent flinging into the Fatui. "Do you require assistance?"

"No," He smiled as he unsheathed his dull blade. The grey, rusty, dull blade that turned into a jet black and hot pink and purple blade. "Besides, my sword hasn't had breakfast yet. I'd hate for it to starve."

The Fatui's sister, a Circin mage was the first to fall. Crushed underneath a sudden appearance of a Geo meteor. The second was his brother in arms. Before he could activate his Electro shield, a slash of Dendro cut through him in half. The next was his squad leader, who was sucked in to his Anemo vortex with his left hand and then immediately being stabbed through the throat with his sword. 

The Fatui has met a lot of Harbingers. All of them have the potential to be absolute beings of destruction. All of them have the ability to change the world to their whims. But this Traveler. This Traveler is different. This isn't someone who wants to change the world. This is someone who's willing to fight for the people who mean the world to him.

His legs shivered. Then, his arms followed. When the Traveler noticed him, he wanted to run. But that would be an insult to his family in the House of the Hearth. So if he was going to die anyway, he was going to follow his family to the afterlife. Rumors did say that Liyue was the closest to what they called the border. So that's where he was going to go.

Flaming knife in hand, he rushed towards the Traveler, intent on taking his head.

A simple bolt of Electro reacted with the Pyro in his hand and let it burst his arm off. He was sent flying into the air, where the Traveler leapt up to be above him. His fist, holding a golden glow of energy, punched through his abdomen. He felt his back come into contact with the ground as it cracked and bled golden stalagmites. 

Aether watched as their blood faded away into blue ashes. Ashes that soon were consumed by his sword, growing stronger and stronger day by day. Satisfied with its meal, it closed its eye, silently waiting for the next battle.

"You've gotten more horrifying," Ningguang said bluntly.

"Have I?" Aether asked, eyes dead inside... He returned his sword into his inventory. Slowly, they returned back to their kind golden glow. "Sorry... I just... REALLY detest the Fatui."

There are a few exceptions. Childe's a rival. Not really a friend, but not really an enemy either. Just a fellow warrior that he can fight alongside or against depending on the situation. Being friends with him was just better than having to get belly flopped on by another water narwhal.

Scaramouche... Doesn't count anymore does he? If anything, the only reason why they're remotely allies is because of Nahida. If she's not there, yeah they both mutually agree that they would absolutely want each other dead. They both hate each other. That never changed.

Lyney... 

Well, he couldn't care less about him. Neither can he care about Freminet. Since he barely has a presence in the world. Knowing the diver, he definitely wants that. 

He does vibe with Lynette. Maybe it's because being tired as hell to talk to people, being silent and being masters of the sword just speaks to him. Either that or because he just has an affinity for catgirls... or cats in general. But he doesn't really think much of her otherwise. 

If they would happen to cross blades with him, he really wouldn't hesitate to kill them all. It's just how he works. If you're an ally, he'll protect you. If you're an enemy, the best thing to happen to you is that you survive.  

"Perhaps this is another reminder to not mess with you," Ningguang stood up and just walked past the carnage. 

"I'll remind them as many times as it takes. No one... gets away with hurting the people I love. Not until I hurt them a little bit," Aether's eyes turned pink for a second there. Either that or Ningguang's imagination was being stirred by the new herbs she smoked... 

"We should hurry up. The dinner reservation would hate it if I were to be late," She looked at the sky. It was already night. It would be best if... 

"Your hair would probably get ruined if I run with Electro so," Aether let his sword disappear. He pat Ningguang on the shoulder and chanted.  "Earth, Water, Wind and Fire-"

Cocogoat

Legends say that if you pray to the bird in Jueyun Karst, it will come tumbling down and bless you with her presence

"Fatui?" Keqing asked, unstartled by the two's sudden appearance. 

"Fatui," Aether replied. 

Keqing huffs, rubbing the blood off his face with a white handkerchief. "I don't suppose you'll be giving their equipment as evidence against them?" 

"I... need these to upgrade weapons though," Aether pouted. His mood drooped so his arms hang loose and his back slouched. He then stood back up and handed over the badges and knives. "I'm just kidding. Take them. I've got like 900 of these anyway."

"900?" Keqing retracted her hand, using her other to order her servants to take the evidence. 

"You have no idea how many Fatui tried to kill me on a daily basis before I got my Teapot," He leans at the wall, using it as support to keep standing up. Keqing always wonders how he's always got the time and energy to keep doing what he's doing. But it is admirable..., even if it's a bit hypocritical. 

"I'll send these over to Yelan," Keqing extended her hand, expecting a handshake. The most professional form of respect that she could give him without being too intimate. "Good work out there. I expect more of it in the future."

"Sure thing, Lady Yuheng," He shook it. 

"We're still 10 minutes early. Have a well earned break," She let go of his hand. 

"Got it," Aether felt something... rectangular shaped. A small snack. A single piece of Golden Shrimp Balls. Must be her leftovers or she just wanted to give him an appetizer before he eats with Paimon and Furina. 

He takes a bite out of the shrimp ball, enjoying that it's somehow still warm and flavorful. He stares at Keqing, expecting some more. She rolls her eyes and hands him two more. Weird. He's never this hungry... Maybe it's because Paimon's not around. 

He turns to another one of his old pals. You know who. Blue hair, tight suit with white bird-like sleeves and red ropes. Horns, divine, but sleepy eyes and an elegant yet burdened posture. 

"Hey, Little Miss Ganyu," He teased after swallowing the last shrimp ball.

"Still calling me that?" Ganyu huffed, slightly embarrassed. Even more so since Keqing is right there. She's a lot more comfortable when he does it though. If it's Cloud Retainer, god forbid. She would never be able to live with herself. "You really like that nickname huh?"

"It's not my fault that you're easy to tease," He pats her on the head, stroking her horns. A favorite habit of his to do whenever he's around her. 

Keqing is wondering if she's watching two friends bond... or a guy petting his pet goat. You just never know with Aether. He acts differently whenever he's around someone else. Almost as if he's masking something. 

Either that, or that's his real self. A guy who just reacts differently depending on who's with him... Once the silent swordsman is comfortable enough, he's surprisingly witty. Sometimes flirty. Sometimes he's a teaser and sometimes he's flustered. Sometimes he's deadly, other times he's the nicest person in the world. Sometimes, he's understanding other times, impatient. 

As much as she would like to know him...

Does she?

It doesn't matter to her.

No one can truly understand each other. Only cooperate and tolerate one another. That's how human beings work. 

"That's just because you always ask Cloud Retainer about stories about me," Ganyu pouts, poking her finger on his breastplate. 

"Nothing wrong with trying to get to know you better," He continues to pet her, feeling relaxed the more he does so. He gets rid of some sticks and small pebbles buried in her hair though. She's been sleeping in the grass again...

"I know there isn't, but...," Ganyu yawned. Her eyes grew more tired rather than alert. "Sorry. Work was... rather extra today."

"My shoulder's always free," He extended his arms. 

"I don't want to scratch your neck with my horns... again," Ganyu took a few steps back, fully alert and looking over at... well yeah. The scars on his neck are still there. A lot more faded compared to when she last saw them, but still serve as an eternal reminder that... she hurt him.

"How about this time, you're above me?" Aether summoned a small Geo step above the floorboards. Ganyu was momentarily thrown off balance, but her years as a soldier instinctively taught her how to stand up properly despite losing footing. She was right in front of him now... just a head's height taller than him.

"Just give me five minutes," She hugged him. He felt... a lot more safer than before. A lot more tranquil... peaceful and calm. She then dozed off immediately, her cheek nuzzling the top of his head. 

"Get a room, you two," Keqing rolled her eyes. 

"Do you want a hug too?"

"Oh please. My sleep schedule is fine thank you very much...," Silence arose. She moved on to a more somber topic. Awkwardly, she played with her hair, "Any progress on finding your sister?"

"...No," Aether clenched his fist and bit his lip. 

"I'm... so sorry," Keqing leaned on the wall, beside him. She tried to smile, but it was just... a serious moment. She can't really do what he does. Smile in the face of pain... She wishes she could, but she's blunt... "Even my investigations regarding missing blondes have... brought nothing to the table." 

"It's not your issue, Keqing. It's mine. Just focus on doing what you do best. For the people of Liyue."

"Right. For the people of Liyue."

"Aether, the meeting is about to start," Ningguang summoned... She raised an eyebrow upon seeing the trio just be themselves... Even if Aether hasn't been around for months, they still have the same dynamic. 

Aether's the shoulder they can both lean on but is a total goofball when he wants to be. Keqing's the serious one who doesn't vibe with the goofiness but appreciates them both anyway. And Ganyu's the sleepy one... who is the one subject to teasing most of the time. Much to her dismay. 

She hates to break up their little reunion, but there are more pressing matters to attend to. 

"Hey, Little Miss Ganyu," He whispered.

"Five minutes over already?" Ganyu asked, groggily rubbing her eyes and forcing herself awake. 

"Yeah," He moves aside and lets her walk down the Geo step he made. He made a snap of his fingers and let it blow up... safely. 

"Keep Ningguang safe okay?" Ganyu reminds. 

"You can count on me," He gives a thumbs up before going to the dinner room with Ningguang. 

"...He's gotten himself hurt again," Keqing pouts. 

"What matters is that he always comes back to us," Ganyu yawns. She stretches her arms and then her legs. That way she doesn't get any cramps later on. "We can breathe easier knowing that he'll definitely celebrate the next Lantern Rite with us."

"I hope he does. You can never know... If even Rex Lapis can fall, who's to say that he won't... Ah. No. I'm overthinking again. Must be because it's almost the weekend... My thoughts get more jumbled during those times..." Keqing rubbed her eyes. Getting sucked out of energy sucks, but that's what doing a bunch of paperwork and bossing people around does to you. 

"Also, I know it's completely unrelated, but I bought you a new invention from Sumeru. A heavy sleeping mask is what they call it. Helps with sleeping," She summons a box and hands it over to Ganyu, who is quite surprised by the sudden gift. 

"Oh. Thank you Lady Keqing. I'll be sure to use it."

Blood

What brings people together and what pulls them apart.

"I'm back...," Aether said, hiding the dress that he got in his inventory. He looks on over to his two buddies... Who were busy bawling their eyes out in the living room. Concerned, he took off his scarf so they could use it to wipe their tears. "Wait, why are you two crying?"

"SHE LOVED HIM. SHE LOVED HIM SO MUCH THAT SHE WAS WILLING TO KILL HIM WHEN HE WAS POSSESSED BY A GREAT EVIL. WHY DOES THIS HURT SO MUCH?" Furina ranted, while taking Aether's scarf. She wiped her eyes, but the crying continued. 

"PAIMON KNOWS. THE MOMENT THE SHIP WAS SAILING, IT SUNK," Paimon began to punch the air out of frustration. She floated down to the floor, on all floors and screamed. 

"Are you two reading Rising From the Ashes?" Aether looked at the books. Oh God. Yeah, he remembers crying to this one too. He can't really blame them. Electro on his legs, he used it as a speed boost to get to the bathroom and get a box of tissues. 

"We're in Book 4 of 6," Furina said, after sniffling a bit more.

"Book 6 is the best one though. But it'll make you cry about what happens in Book 5," Aether returns handing her the tissue box. 

"Are you serious?! I can barely live through the characters having to sacrifice each other in Book 4!"

"Yeah.... Wait till you see what their daughter has to go through," Aether chuckled. He quickly covered his mouth. "No spoilers though." 

"NO! I DON'T WANNA SEE MUSUME GET HURT BY THE ABYSSAL MONSTERS!" Furina overreacted. 

"Furina that's not what's gonna happen, but it's way, way worse," Aether began to have flashbacks to when his favorite characters got unceremoniously killed off by the big bad. He's not mad that they died. He's mad that the author just casually killed them off like that knowing that they were the audience's favorite. 

"DOES IT GET BETTER IN BOOK 6?" Furina perks up. 

"Yes... Actually," Aether reassures her. 

"Give me Book 5. I need to see how this story ends!"

He hands her the book. With a satisfied smile on his face, he walks to the kitchen, "I'll prepare dinner."

Author

I GOT FURINA IN 80 PITY GUARANTEED LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO

Furina threw the pillow on her lap onto the floor. She shut the book, placed it on the table. Cried a bit more. Wiped her tears. Took a deep breath and sighed, "I am emotionally destroyed. Wow. That was amazing. At least Musume managed to live in the end with the reincarnations of her parents."

"I still hate that her boyfriend died though," Aether scowled while cooking in the kitchen. 

"Paimon knows. He was such a good guy. He didn't deserve to go out like that," Paimon pouts. Didn't help that he was her favorite character too. 

"At least, she managed to keep his memory alive. And avenged him and his family," Furina then proceeded to change the topic. She went to the kitchen, curious to find another story coming from the love of her life. "Anyway, how was adventuring?"

"I uh... Protected the Tianquan from Fatui assassins," Aether mentioned.

"Tell me more. Was there action? Did you manage to get your Hydro powers back?" 

"...I used everything except Hydro. Can't risk Ningguang being hurt, but we were surrounded. In the dead of night in the middle of the forest. But through a quick combination of elemental prowess, I managed to successfully defeat them... And inform the rest of the Qixing about the incident." 

"So you got the dress right?" Furina sat down, waiting for the meal to be whipped up at the dinner table. "Where is it? Where is it? I want to try it on just to see if it fits someone as grand as  me."

"After dinner, Furina," Aether began to taste test the beef stew he was cooking. Hmm. Needs more salt. He opened a jar of it and took a spoonful and sprinkled it in the cooking pot. 

"Aw, fine," Furina pouts... noticing that he's got an apron on that says, "I know I'm a snack, but I'll never be on your plate." She giggles a bit. Where on Teyvat did he get such a ridiculous apron from? Better yet, why would he wear it unironically in the house?  

Sleep

Go to sleep damn it. It's midnight. You should be doing something else other than reading this.

Furina was busy walking around the teapot. Looking at the training center... where targets were accurately shot by arrows. A garden... a hot spring... a water fountain... a mysterious vase that can change the music playing in the realm. This place looks like a mishmash of every culture he's been in. It's weird... messy... but it does scream him. 

She sees him, consulting another Teapot Spirit. Chubby if she recalls correctly. It disappears and... almost as if he could sense her for some reason, he turns to her. 

Furina simply waves and walks to him. "Still no progress on your Hydro prowess?" 

"No... But... I do have a theory... What's your Arkhe alignment?" He asked. 

"Pneumaousia," She bragged. 

"Wow. Lucky you. I only have Pneuma," Aether tries to shoot a Hydro bullet but... nothing. 

"Most people only have one Arkhe alignment. As the great Hydro Archon, I have mastery of both Arkhes. Only issue is... I never need any of them for barbaric fights... But they are pretty useful for manipulating Fontainian technology. After all, what use is Pneuma if it doesn't have Ousia?"

"Maybe that's what's missing... Ousia," Aether got an idea. He stared at Furina with curiosity. A... weird kind of curiosity.  

"Why are you looking at me like that? The hand holding didn't work so what else do you expect me to do?" She asked. Aether summoned Festering Desire again and presented it to her. "Hey. Hey. Hey. What's that scary looking sword? Is that a prop? D-did it just wink at me?"

"...Technically it blinked," He joked.

"I am not touching it," Furina took a step back or two. 

"Please Rina? Do it for me?"

"Rina?" 

"Fufu then?"

"I'll take Rina...Wait, hey! Who gave you the right to give me a nickname?"

"We're friends right?"

"...Oh. Right. We... we are... Okay fine. I'll touch it, just... It's not poisonous is it?" Furina looked at it more closely. Feeling more and more creeped out by it. She can't put her finger on it, but that sword feels... alive. Grotesquely alive. And filled with something that's the antithesis of what she stood for. 

Aether... panicked for a second. He kept the sword a good distance away from her and suggested another idea, "...Okay, even I'm not sure. Hold on, can't you just summon one of those... uh... Ousia swords?"

"You mean the Surging Blade?" Furina corrected. 

"Yeah. That! Just let it touch this sword and we're all good," He said. 

"Oh thank the waters of Fontaine," Furina simply adjusted her hat and her clothes went from white to black. She looked at the sword again... 'Wait a minute. It... used to be pink... now it's... blue?'

"How is it?" Furina asked... Did she actually help? Was this the key for him to unlock his Hydro powers again? 

"Let me test it out...," Aether swung his sword to the skies and what came forth from the ground was... 

"A... Wave?" Furina asked as the wave crashed to the grass and a Surging Blade appeared and stabbed the ground beneath it. 

"That's new... How about...," Aether channeled the waters within the sword. And what surged forth from the ground again was- 

"A whirlpool?" 

"That's more I like it," Aether smirked as he finally got his Hydro powers back... Or at least... 

"But... your clothing isn't blue. It's teal," Furina pointed out. 

"...Yeah..., I expected as much," Aether kinda looks regretful.

"So essentially, your body is incapable of absorbing Ousia since it's not your natural alignment, but... this sword... can? Is it like the Meka? Or is it... another living being on its own?"

"Some things are best kept secret, Rina," He made the sword disappear. Satisfied with what he managed to pull off. The only issue is if he goes up against Meka with the Pneuma alignment, but that's another problem for another day. 

"You're really liking that nickname huh?"

"I come up with fun nicknames of all my friends... Well, only those that I can tease and get away with," He winks at her, enjoying the fact that he can get under her skin so easily. 

"Hey! I'm not that easy to tease!" Her face began to become red and steam was beginning to emit from her ahoge. 

"Are you sure about that, Fufu?" He leaned forward, to be right in front of her face. Just inches away from... Well... They already know what each other's lips feel like anyway. 

"...Definitely... Ae...Aeth...," Furina... was trying to find a good nickname in her head, but she's unfortunately debuffed because she's standing in front of her crush. 

"What was that?"

"Calling people names is beneath me!" She points at him. 

"And here I thought your wit rivalled the gods themselves."

"Why you... Ugh...," Furina then peps herself up. 'Come on, Furina! This is a friend thing. You've got to show him that you can rise up!'

"Dewdrop... I'll call you Dewdrop!"

"Not bad..., but it sounds... not like you," He began to coach her in how to give some nicknames. "Add your own flair to it. That way it sounds like something you and only you would call me." 

"Mon Preux... Chavelier then..."

"I have no idea what that means," Aether stated bluntly. 

"It means my valiant knight," Furina takes a mental note to teach him more Fontainian in the future. 

"Learn something new everyday... Huh... Wait a second, your-"

"Am I wrong?" She had to be confident. Because if she allows herself to acknowledge that she straight up said that he's hers, then she'd definitely explode... metaphorically of course. "I'm the Hydro Archon and you're technically a knight. You're serving me so..."

"Who says I'm serving you?"

"Who's the Archon here?"

"Who's the one staying at my house?"

"...Touche," Furina yawns. "It's getting late. Eyebags are a plague so I'm going off to get the cure. Toodles."

"You sure you can sleep by yourself?"

"...If I get a nightmare, I'm heading to your room immediately," She said... 'WHYDIDISAYTHAT.'

"What if I lock it?" He crosses his arms, trying not to giggle.

"You wouldn't...," She looks at him, annoyed. She rolls her eyes and elaborates, "If you do I'll just sleep on the couch then. And here I thought you'd be more heroic and respectfu-"

"I'm just kidding. Feel free to hug me if you're feeling lonely," He jokes. 

"Thank you," She says before... "WAIT. HEY! I- Uh... IT'S A HABIT THAT I'VE DEVELOPED. I JUST DIDN'T BRING MY FAVORITE PILLOW!"

"Oh... so now I'm your favorite pillow?"

"I- STOP TWISTING MY WORDS-"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 556 37
𝘝𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘥𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘳𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴, 𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘵...
2.6K 88 15
This story is about a girl named y/n who was traveling along side a guy whose name was aether. Their adventure continued in the nation fontaine. She...
11.2K 508 27
Furina is dealing with the aftermath of the trauma that unfolded in her five hundred years of living as an Archon. The prophecy and the flood have le...
5.4K 237 12
Lost and left without any memory of where she came from, y/n awoken to a strange land filled with wonderful, curious creatures and people earning pow...