A Mob Boss's Honour

By royal888

This is the story of many mob families. It is set in the 1950s. There are many families involved in the crim... More

Author's Note
Family Tree
1. Family Life
2. The Party
3. Social Time
4. Date Night
5. Challenge
6. True Danger
7. Outrage
8. Changes
9. School
10. Understanding
11. Encounter
12. Allies
13. Surprises
14. School & Home Life
15. Literature
16. Phoenix
17. Relationship Drama
18. Sounds & Cars
19. Lost Love
20. The New Joiners
21. Girl Talk
22. Rose's Secrets
23. Affairs
24. Bianchi Mansion
25. Vigilante
26. Young Minds
27. Teenage Plans
28. Sports Time
29. Responsibility
30. Being Closer
31. More Time Together
32. Business Calls
33. Honesty
34. Talking at the Diner
35. A Mansion in Boston
36. An Eventful Evening
37. Connections
38. Ladies' Choices
39. Collaborations
40. Hidden Feelings
41. Spaces Apart
42. Family Ties
43. Friendships
44. Reliance
45. Shocking Turn
46. Sword
47. New Days
48. Choices
49. Closer Than Brothers
50. Leaders
51. Portrait
52. Mercenary
53. Waiting
54. Star Crossed
55. Night Time Talk
56. Waves of Change
57. Dawn of New Dangers
58. Control
60. Persistence
61. Fighters
62. Love is Forever

59. A Feud

361 20 14
By royal888

Eden opened her eyes and saw her surroundings. She blinked a few times as the light was bothering her. She noticed she was laying on a bed that was in a hospital room seemingly with all the equipment in the room. She tried to sit up but felt abit dizzy and sat back down. She heard loud voices outside.

"Is she awake yet?"

Another voice said "No.... Not yet"

"Heads will roll if she is not awake when boss gets here... You need to try harder..."

"I am a Doctor. I am not a miracle worker. Boss brings this girl here all unconscious with drugs in her system. He has set me a deadline that is simply unrealistic .... A few hours is not enough for her to recover and walk around...."

Everything slowly was coming back to Eden. She had been kidnapped and drugged.

"If she is not awake when boss comes back here, you have to answer to him... Hope and pray that he wont blow your brains out..."

Eden wondered who wanted her awake so badly. Blowing someone's brains was extreme.

"I dont know what else to try... I cant do miracles..."

"Then you have to beg Luigi Alessandrini to spare your life when he returns... Prepare yourself to explain why she is not awake or face the consequences...."

Eden froze. What? Luigi? He was the boss.

"Oh... I have a pretty good idea he wont listen to any of my excuses... He seemed very angry when he left after rescuing his girlfriend..."

"He might... He has captured most of those who were involved in abducting his girlfriend... After he deals with interrogating them, he might be in more generous mood... You are my cousin... I dont want to lose you... Luigi's father is away... Luigi will decide your fate if you fail.... I hope you dont get a very harsh sentence... Because I will have to carry it out because I wouldn't want anyone else to deal with you..."

Eden couldn't believe what she was hearing. She tried to sit up and almost succeeded but she felt a bad headache and abit of dizziness which forced her to lay back on the bed again.

There were voices shouting orders. "Boss is here..."

Heavy footsteps came. Then Eden heard Luigi's voice that sounded harsh and rough "Is Eden awake yet?"

The Doctor's voice was heard in a pleading tone "Sir... I tried... I tried my best..."

Luigi said "She should be awake by now... You promised... I expect results..."

The Doctor shakily said "Yes sir... But..."

Suddenly the door opened and closed soundly as Luigi slammed the door startling Eden.

Eden saw Luigi leaning to the closed door shaking his head whispering under his breath "I am this close to snap this guy's neck... This close..." There was a rageful expression on his face.

Eden said in a whisper "Luigi..."

Luigi turned sharply. His eyes softened immediately "Eden? Eden...." He ran to her bedside.

Luigi sat on a chair next to her bed and took her hand in his "Eden.... Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

Eden said "I am ok..." She coughed "I am abit thirsty..."

Luigi nodded. He put a few pillows behind Eden's back and helped her sit up. He then poured some water into a glass "Here you go..." He handed her the glass.

Eden drank some water and felt much better. Then she watched Luigi walk to the door as he said "I will call back the doctor..."

Eden quickly said "Stay... Please... I dont need a doctor..."

Luigi turned to Eden "What do you need?"

Eden said "I want you to stay.... I want to talk to you..."

Luigi walked to Eden's bedside. He sat down on the chair next to her bed "Yes Eden... What do you want to talk about?"

Eden said "Luigi... What happened to me?"

Luigi sighed "I am so sorry Eden... I am so sorry I dragged you into my life putting you in danger like this... I cant believe I have forced you in my life... I dont even know where to start and how to explain to you what happened..."

Eden said "From the start..."

Luigi nodded "Eden... You were abducted... It was done by the Bianchi family..."

Eden gasped. She knew of that family. "The Bianchi family? You mean... Rose's family.... I have met her before with Lena... She was so nice..."

Luigi nodded "Yes.... It's that family. Her family are not as nice as Rose... They tried to abduct you before... The time when Lena was abducted, the target was you... They took Lena instead of you last time..."

Eden couldn't believe it "Oh my god... That mercenary was sent by the Bianchi family..."

Luigi nodded "I am so sorry Eden that you went through this..."

Eden asked "But... But how can you be sure its the Bianchi family... They are on good terms with your family...."

Luigi said "Its definitely them. Christian told Gianluc its them and I couldn't believe it until after I captured as many of those people who were involved in your abduction... I interrogated them all... It is the Bianchis... It is hard to believe but its true..." He looked at his watch "Its now dinner time. I should go get the doctor to prescribe some medicine and tell me if its ok for you to eat..." He stood up and walked away.

Eden hesitated and the said "Luigi... Wait..."

Luigi stopped walking and turned "Yes Eden..."

Eden swallowed hard "Luigi... Why? Why did the bianchis try to abduct me?"

Luigi looked away as he put his hands on his hips.

Eden asked "Luigi... Why? Do you know why?"

Luigi turned to look at Eden "I do... Its because of me..."

Eden was confused "You?"

Luigi sighed "Yes... I am so sorry... You were dragged into this because of me..."

Eden asked "Luigi... Why? I dont understand.... You have never done anything to upset the Bianchis... Have you? You said they like you and your family..."

Luigi nodded "It is true... We were on good terms...Until they took you... I hope there will be no relations between us and Bianchis. My father will decide what happens next though. Not me.. I cant do anything but wait for my father to return from his trip... He is out of town... I have to keep the captives until he returns but he will most likely release them back to the Bianchis... He doesnt want a war I think with the Bianchis......"

Eden felt strange. Something inside of her sensed something was wrong. She was thinking hard about the situation.

Luigi continued explaining "We cant hurt the captives you know... We cant punish those who tried to abduct you.... That would mean war... The captives will live... We dont want a war with the Bianchis... I think my father will  release these people to the Bianchis... But I am not sure what the repercussions will be... I dont know if my father will cut ties with them or confront them...."

Eden was looking at Luigi and was shaking her head. Eden said with a low tone "Luigi... You havent answered my question... Why did they do this? What was the motive?" She was not sure what to think. She had a bad feeling about his response. Why else was he not responding with a straight answer when she asked.

Luigi looked away and took a deep breath. He walked towards her bed slowly "Eden.. I dont know how to tell you this... I dont want to even tell you this right now because you are in this condition... I want you to get better... But I know you... You want the truth..." He sat down on the chair opposite Eden "They abducted you because of me.... because..." He sighed and looked away.

Eden waited for Luigi to finish his sentence.

Luigi looked at her worriedly and said "They want me.... They want me to be with Rose..."

Eden gasped "What? That makes no sense..."

Luigi said "I know... My reaction exactly... At first..."

Eden said "She has a boyfriend... Amerigo..."

Luigi shook his head "Not any more Eden... He is out of the picture.... Amerigo is not with Rose any more..."

Eden asked "Why?"

Luigi shrugged "Amerigo and Rose broke up... Amerigo loves another girl. His first love. Apparently he thought she is dead... He found her in a hospital and she is recovering now... Both families can see he loves her more than Rose. So Rose and Amerigo broke up.... But they hid it from the public I guess. I dont know the full story and dont know when exactly it happened but they hid it well... Thats all I could get out of the low lives who I interrogated... They didnt give me any other notices... I tried to capture all of those who were involved in your abduction.... I think I got them all but I need my father's help to confirm it... Either way nothing will be the same... Nothing in my life and yours will be the same now that I know they want me and Rose to be together..."

Eden asked "Do they want me... dead?"

Luigi said "No... Your captors said they were not going to kill you... The Bianchis wanted you alive.... The people I interrogated said they were going to scare you and threaten you to break up with me... And if you refused, they were going to threaten your family... The Bianchis have gone too far. They must pay. But I am not the head of my family. My father has to decide..."

Eden looked into the distance "Luigi... You are right about one thing... Our lives cant be the same again... My life and my family's life will be in danger..."

Luigi said "I will protect you Eden... I know I can..."

Eden shook her head as she looked at Luigi "You can but I dont want you to... You shouldn't have to... I know you can protect me and I was only abducted because I left the house with no guards... You put good security at my house after Lena was kidnapped... But you are missing the point Luigi... I dont want to live like this... I dont want to be confined within four walls..."

Luigi said "Eden ....You wont be confined..."

Eden said "This is over Luigi..."

Luigi asked "What are yous saying?"

Eden said "I have decided I dont want to endanger my family like how I was today... I don't mind living in danger but I cant condemn my family to a life full of dangers and enemies..."

Luigi said "Eden... It is my responsibility..."

Eden said "Luigi... We cant be together... You must break up with me and make it as public as you can so the Bianchis find out about it..."

Luigi said "Eden... I cant... I cant do it..."

Eden said "Then I will.... Its over Luigi... I am breaking up with you...." Eden fought back tears. But it had to be done. "As long as the Bianchis want you, I cant be safe and my family cant be safe... I dont want them to live under tight security... I know you want to protect me and my family... But it should not have to be this way... I do not belong in your world Luigi... I realise it now..."

Luigi was shaking his head in disbelief... "Eden..."

Suddenly a knock on the door came "Sir... Your father is on the phone..."

Eden said "Good timing... Inform your father... You can avoid a feud with the Bianchis..."

Luigi said "No... Eden.... I cant..."

More knocks came on the door "Sir... Your father said they need to speak to you immediately...."

Luigi turned to the door "I am coming..." He then turned to Eden "We will talk... I need to talk to my father... Then we will talk..." He then walked away as he was taking in what Eden had said.

Eden said "My decision wont change... I have made up my mind..."

Luigi put his hand on the door knob. He turned to Eden "I should have died.... I should have died when I was five when I was shot at..."

Eden said in astonishment "What?"

Luigi said "I was five when they shot me but my father jumped on me and saved me... My father's enemies wanted to kill me since I was five. A bullet almost killed me... They targeted my heart. They missed... Thanks to my father.... From that day I vowed to become like my father and fight any danger to my family.... I fight for those I love .... Eden... If you think I will let you walk away because someone threatened your life, you are mistaken.... When I come back if you look into my eyes and tell me you dont love me then, only then, I will let you walk away...." He then walked out slamming the door leaving Eden in shock.

*****

Christian was seated in a car with Adelmo Leone. Christian was looking outside the window at the unfamiliar surroundings. He was looking around trying to figure out where they were. He had to know. Adelmo hadn't told him where they were going.

They had been driving in silence for a while now.

Adelmo broke the silence finally as he stroked Christian's hair "You know... You have so much of your mother in you but you have inherited some traits from your father too.... He was a cocky one... He always won in every game he played... He always got what he wanted... He even managed to capture your mother's heart contrary to what I thought... Your mother chose him over me... So he had everything and believed he could never be wrong... He always thought he was right.... Big mistake... He thought I was the only one after him... He was wrong... Dead wrong... I wanted his demise.... Not his blood... Now you are sitting next to me, and all I know is, you are your mother's son... I dont see much of your father in you... I could adopt you..."

Christian said "I am not interested in your commentary.... Stop declaring you love my mother... Its making me angry... I already have a guardian... My grandfather Kavannagh..."

Adelmo said "He wont live for very long at this rate... You feel determined to save your grandfather but do you think saving him tonight will save him from the other opportunities the Armstrongs get to kill him and from other dangers in life... You cant stop fate Christian... No one can... He might die sooner than you expect... He is not well medically... Years of mourning his sons has taken its toll on his body... Physically he is fine but not mentally...."

Christian whispered "My grandfather has to live... I cant let him die... I will do what I can...."

Adelmo said "Many people want your grandfather to suffer... They just haven't had the chance to do anything..."

Christian stated "And you are one of those people."

Adelmo said "I am... But I dont know the death of which one of your grandparents will satisfy me more... Your grandpa Armstrong gave away his daughter to your father because he was Irish... he thought your father will bow to him and do as he said... Wrong.... He wanted an obedient son in law that your father was not... He should have chosen me... He chose wrong... I would have made his daughter happy...."

Christian said "I have no probkem with you hating my grandpa Armstrong... I hate him too... With a passion... He killed my father and uncle and mother.... " He then sighed "But why cant you let go of your hate for my grandfather kavannagh... Hasnt he suffered enough in his life? When will you be satisfied?"

Adelmo said "I now hate him more than anything because he has you as his heir..."

Christian turned to look at Adelmo. He could sense the seriousness in his tone. He sensed enough seriousness to be distracted from focusing on the surroundings. He stared at Adelmo and Adelmo stared back at him.

Adelmo said "Become my son..."

Christian said "Stop... Why cant you let go of your obsession with my mother...."

Adelmo said firmly "I loved your mother... I was madly in love with her and I want more than anything to have her son by my side.."

Christian said "My grandfather's life is in danger right now and you are talking about your wishes? I dont care..."

Adelmo said "Taking you there wont save him from death... Not really... You don't understand... A feud of this kind between your grandfathers never resolves itself unless lives are lost or lives are saved..."

Christian said "You make no sense...."

Adelmo said "Your grandpa Armstrong has a grudge against your grandfather. He wants him dead... Their feud goes back to along time ago... They had a feud... Over a woman..."

Christian gasped "A woman?"

Adelmo said "Your grandfather loved the same woman..."

Christian asked "Who won?"

Adelmo said "Neither..."

Christian asked "Neither..."

Adelmo said "She died and your grandpa Armstrong blamed your grandpa Kavannagh... Then he gave his daughter away to his son hoping to use him to hurt your grandfather. It didn't work. Now your grandfathers will have a face off. I think your grandpa Kavannagh will lose his life tonight because he never expected your grandpa Armstrong to be his enemy. Rule one. Anyone can be your enemy. Anyone..."

Christian said "What do you get out of this if my grandpa kavannagh dies tonight?"

Adelmo said "I want both your grandfathers death. I just haven't brought myself to kill them because of you until now... I hate them for different reasons... I blame both for your mothers death. If your grandfather Kavannagh had not fallen in love with the same woman as your grandpa Armstrong then the feud wouldn't have come this far. Your mother would have been alive. And of course your grandfather Armstrong gave that order that killed your mother..."

Christian said "I had no idea... I really didn't..." He then looked outside the window seeing unfamiliar surroundings in the dark night. He had no idea where he was. Which part of New York City was this? He had no idea.

Adelmo said "Become my son... And I will save your grandfather tonight..."

Christian could hear the seriousness and Adelmo did not seem like a man who bluffed. He asked "And if I refuse... What then? Will you not take me to my grandfather tonight to save him..."

Adelmo said "If you refuse I will still take you to him... I told you taking you to him won't save him... Not really. But if you agree to become my son, I will take some actions that will stop the feud between your grandfathers..."

Christian asked "How can you end the feud?"

Adelmo said "By choosing not to killing any of the Armstrong's to avenge your mother's killing. I always wanted to kill your uncle and your cousin to make your grandpa Armstrong suffer... I waited... I thought I wait until when you reach eighteen and become an adult and maybe then you will understand and wont mourn them if I take some action... I can give up on my revenge only if your grandfather gives up on his revenge on your grandpa Kavannagh.... Your grandpa Armstrong knows I will carry out what I want.... Even if I die, I have paid enough people to do what I have to do in the event of my death... He cant lose male heirs... He will leave your grandpa Kavannagh... But I only will do this if ... you agree to become my son..."

Christian looked away and closed his eyes. He couldn't get his head around what was happening. He cared about his grandpa Kavannagh. He wanted him to live and he was willing to do anything.

Adelmo said "And... If you agree to become my son, I will keep my word... But to stop your grandpa Kavannagh from going after your grandpa Armstrong all you have to do is taking this secret to truly  about who killed your mother, father and uncle... No one can know... Your grandpa Kavannagh cant know... If he finds out he will go at war with the Armstrongs. You may lose some family members... In a mob war there is no true winner just like any war. A loss of life is a loss of life... No one wins...."

Christian turned to Adelmo "Why would you do anything to keep peace between Kavannaghs and Armstrongs... What's your motive... You hate both sides..."

Adelmo nodded "I thought it is obvious Christian... I only do this for you... Nothing in this world means anything to me but your mother... I live with my memories of her... Her blood runs through you... I want you to be my son... You wont have to tell anyone..."

Christian asked carefully "If I agree... Lets say I agree... What would happen next?"

Adelmo said "Nothing... You can come visit me any time you want... And I will come to you... I will find you when I want to see you... You dont have to change your family name... But you will be my legal heir and one of your children will have to be my heir and only my heir... One of your children will be a Leone and not a Kavannagh..."

Christian asked "Excuse me?"

Adelmo said "I want your blood running my empire... Its has to be yours... If you dont honour your word my people will carry out my revenge... If your grandpa Kavannagh is alive, he will die and  so would his underbosses and their families, they will die..."

Christian asked "Sedric and Shane..."

Adelmo said "They are the closest your grandpa Kavannagh holds as family... They die... Then some male heirs of Armstrong's and a female has to die at least for my revenge to be complete... The choice is yours... You have to be my son... And give up one of your children to my empire... One will be my heir... Even if you have one child, that means their first loyalty is to my empire then to Kavannaghs..."

Christian said "You are a smart man... I am Irish... You want my blood ruling yours... How will your people accept an Irish ruling your Italian Empire? An Irish ruling Adelmo Leon's empire?" He couldn't believe Adelmo could be serious. He couldn't be.

Adelmo said  "You wife will be Italian either way.... Gabriella Bellagio... I have already discussed it with my underbosses and business partners... They have no objections. They know about your connection to the woman I loved and respect it... But if your wife is Italian it means your children will learn Italian language and culture from their mother... I know how the Bellagios are... They are very traditional... Great choice..."

The car suddenly stopped. 

Christian looked around. They were in the middle of no where. There was a deserted car park and closed restaurant that seemed to be closed but its lights were on. It was pitch dark there and no soul was around there.

Adelmo said "This is where your grandfathers are going to meet... You can choose. You agree to be my son and agree to my terms... I will end this feud here... I dont know where your grandpa Kavannagh is right now... But I do know where your grandpa Armstrong is inside that building waiting to trap your grandpa Kavannagh. I can send message to your grandpa Armstrong now. He will leave peacefully. Your grandpa Kavannagh will live. And I can make it look like I was the one who was going to meet him and leave before he gets the chance to react..."

Christian said "And if I refuse..."

Adelmo said "I wont let you leave this car..."

Christian gasped "You will make me watch my grandfather die..."

Adelmo nodded "With machine guns..."

Christian asked "You will do that to me? I can run into that building now and confront my grandpa Armstrong..."

Adelmo said "You can do that... I will let you do that afterwards..."

Christian said "You will make me mourn my grandfather..."

Adelmo said "I have no choice... This is the only chance I have to force you to make you do what I want... I want you by my side as my son... If you refuse my wish, I will have nothing to lose..."

Christian said "Adelmo Leone... I cant make this decision... Its not mine to make... I can be in your life if you want me to be by your side.... You love my mother and I know you loved her... You cared for her... If it is your wish for me to be close to you, I can be... I can see it in your eyes you are mourning my mother... But I cant choose for my child..."

There was sounds of explosions. 

Chritisna looked around.

Adelmo said "Dont worry... Its a distraction tactic... I ordered my men to do it when they see your grandfather approaching. They must have blocked the road now with excuse of an old factory being demolished. Your grandfather is being held up on the road it sounds like. Time is running out... Choose..."

Christian said "I cant take the choices of someone else away..."

Adelmo said "Deal... Your child will choose..."

Christian raised an eyebrow. "Pardon..."

Adelmo said "You will let your child choose... But the rest of the terms of the deal stands... You dont have to tell anyone about our deal... I will keep my end and you must keep yours... If you dont, I will make you sorry... I warn you that I wont refrain from teaching you a lesson like a father teaches his son...." He then got off the car.

Christian closed his eyes. He wanted his grandfather Kavannagh to live at all costs... Even if it meant hiding the truth from him... The truth that his mother's family had killed his father and uncle alongside his mother. He knew Adelmo was right. His grandfather would have declared a war if he found out. In a war no one won. No one. And then he had to think about what his life was going to be like to be Adelmo Leon's adopted son. He had lost control of his destiny. If he could end a feud, it was worth it. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 73.4K 135
Fiction Awards Winner in 2017 & Crystal Awards Winner 2016 Please read this book after Book 2: A Mob Boss's family but also this bo...
697K 16.7K 63
(MATURE CONTENT/MAFIA ROMANCE) #Series2 Previously known as Playful sins This is a second book to a three part series, you do not have to read the f...
130K 2.5K 62
π“π‘π¨π¬πž 𝐰𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐞 π₯𝐨𝐬𝐞, 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚π₯𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐧𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐒�...
1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...