Prey On | COD reader x Ghost...

By Natirka

The nightmares prey on us in the night's. They aren't so scary when you are next to me. I got bored, made a s... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37

16.

10.3K 225 132
By Natirka

"König?"

He still kept quiet, he clenched his fists and avoided my eyes. Ghost was staring holes into the man making me become more curious then worried.

"Ghost?"

His attention turned back to me and his eyes softened slightly, he breathed out a sigh and began talking.

"The truth is, we wanted to tell you that-"

"Y/n. I will be leaving tomorrow."

Ghost turned his head back at König, his knuckles turned white as he tightened his fists. I looked at them shocked. I knew this time would come, but I just left the hospital. I hoped I could spend a bit more time with him.

"Is KorTac done with business here?"

He nodded his head, his voice full of disappointment. He was trying to cheer me up but it looked like he himself needed it much more.

"We were only supposed to get you and come back, but some way we ended up staying longer then necessary."

Ghost stayed quiet, listening in on our conversation. He probably knew all about this already.

"So. . . I won't be seeing you again?"

"Ja- Wait- Was? Nein!" - (What? No!)

König suddenly changed his demeanor entirely, from sad to shocked and panicked.

"Mein Liebling, I am not leaving completely! Just going back to the main base!" - (My love)

He quickly made his way over to me, grabbing my hand, that's when Ghost started to get closer as well.

"We are simply going back to the other station. I am not leaving you, Mein Maus." - (My mouse)

It made my heart flutter, I couldn't explain why. Perhaps because it was the first time he said he wouldn't leave me. The butterflies in my stomach were long gone, they have now spread through my body.

"So I will see you again?"

"Yes!"

I took my hand out of his and wrapped my arms around him. I hugged him tightly, as if I let go he would disappear right this instant.

"Don't scare me like that."

He hugged me back and we both stood like that for a while. The few seconds felt like an eternity, one that was still too short. Ghost cleared his throat, reminding us that he was still there, making us break the warm embrace.

"Sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Kleine Maus. I should be for scaring you." - (Little mouse)

Königs hand still lingered on mine, holding it by my fingers.

"We should get going, you still need to rest."

Ghost seemed to be a little annoyed at our sudden show of affection. It killed me to think that he could be jealous, but it also made me wonder. What kind of relationship am I expecting from them? And more importantly. What kind of relationship are they expecting?

At this moment I couldn't care less, so I reached my arms towards him.

"If you wanted a hug you could just say."

He looked at me, eyeing me for a moment and then quickly glancing at König.

"I didn't. We should go, you are free but me and the Colonel have work to do."

Damn, take the stick out of your ass! I looked over at the bigger man, he let go of my hand entirely and looked away.

What is wrong with both of them?

I decided not to intrude, maybe something happened when I was gone. Either way it was clear they didn't want to talk about it with me.

We walked through the forest, soon reaching the tents. They walked me off to mine and after they made sure I was all good they left towards their own places.

I was alone now, everyone else was either out on training or on work duty. What was I going to do?

---

I left the tent, I was going to take a walk before everyone comes back, the sky began slowly turning to an array of colors, it was quiet once again. Occasional hearing bugs making noise in the deep grass. The sun began hiding in the horizon, it looked absolutely stunning.

The ground crunched underneath my feet as I entered the deeper part of the forest, the smooth trail turned into one full of rocks and pebbles.

"Did you think about it?"

The voice was quiet and dark. I didn't have to turn around to guess who it was. Michael.

"Think about what? Your stupid deal? Sorry it must have slipped my mind."

I looked at him, he seemed amused, like he could kill someone right now. It didn't scare me. Not anymore.

"You sound so sure of yourself."

He walked closer and I prepared myself, I wasn't going down without a fight. We were quite far away from the base, if I hurt him now no one would witness it and I wouldn't be in trouble.

"Aw come on don't be like that. We both could have what we want, you just have to obey."

He snickered under his nose. Where was he going with this?

"You are good at that, right?"

"How would you know? You pat that much attention to how I act? I might think you actually like me."

He placed his hands over his chest, fake gasping.

"I thought you would never guess! I always pay attention to you and whoever is close to you."

What is wrong with him? Michael was a stuck up brat who thought he will always get what he want's, but I have never seen him acting this. . . creepy.

"I don't mind sharing as long as I get to have you."

I felt anger boil in me. Has he been stalking me? Has he actually been watching me? Did no one notice? How did I not notice?

"You think this is funny?"

"Yes, actually! It's hilarious."

He moved closer slowly, as if I was some kind of animal to be tamed.

"So what will you say?"

"I think it's time your mama teaches you how to suck your own dick. I am not an army wife."

I turned on my heel and started to walk away, where was I going? No clue. I would be fine as long as there are people around.

I listened closely before looking back, noticing that he hasn't followed me. I let out a deep sigh, I calmed down as the relief washed over me. I need to be more careful. At least I know I can take him on.

I got back to my tent and noticed that people started coming back. I walked towards my bed and noticed Sarah, she was cleaning up some of her stuff, putting it away into her bag.

"Sarah!"

"Y/n! My sweetie!"

Her arms suddenly wrapped around me, she squeezed me softly in her embrace. She looked exhausted yet somehow, still had so much energy.

"How are you? Are you feeling better now?"

"Yes, I'm a lot better, thank you."

"That's good. Guess what!"

Good news I presume.

"What?"

"Tomorrow is free! We are having a leisure day!"

Tomorrow? That only means one thing for today, now I understand why I saw everyone speeding to their tent's.

"Party?"

She nodded her head full of excitement, it made me laugh a little. She leaned down and whispered into my ear.

"Don't tell the guys, but one of the girls managed to get some alcohol."

"Oh my! So I'm guessing we are making the party here?"

She nodded her head again and started bouncing on her feet. Where does she get the energy from?

"Get changed into some casual clothes! If you don't have any I can borrow you a dress."

"Thanks Sarah but I will stick to a shirt and some shorts."

The nights can't be that cold after all right?

Word count: 1208

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 6.8K 30
"Are you okay with this?" He asked, his rough hands slowly sliding down my sides. I couldn't believe this. I eagerly nodded, struggling to keep my c...
265K 8.3K 79
The mission was to extract information from an agent in jungle. Drop in grab the info from the location and quickly and quietly move through the jung...
11.8K 295 41
Kimberly had lived a rough childhood. Her only goal was to impress her father by following in his footsteps, but with the scars from war - he did eve...
22.6K 301 21
Story status: Working on it everyday for at least 10 mins, probs 1 chapter a week // Just a little fanfic im writing in my freetime lol // basicall...