Love of my life

By arsenalwfcstories

Maddie Owen, aged 26, Michael Owens oldest daughter, much to his delight she's a rising star in the WSL, curr... More

1
2
3
4
6
7
8
Not an update
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
NEW STORY
18
19

5

2K 46 2
By arsenalwfcstories

It's the next day. We are heading to the coffee shop down the road. Maddie is tired, I can tell but she wants to do this. I'm holding her hand tightly as we walk.
We get to the cafe and sit down. I go and order our coffees then sit back down.
Leah: you feeling okay?
Maddie: yeah babe, I'm okay.

We sit there for an hour or so and talk about everything. I get a notification on my phone from my agent. He's sent me a link to an article.

MADDIE OWEN AND LEAH WILLIAMSON SPOTTED IN ST. ALBANS.

Leah Williamson and girlfriend of 6 years Maddie Owen both spotted in St. Albans after Owens 'incident'.
Maddie Owen, 26 was in a coma for weeks after being shot in her own home. Williamson did not appear in any games for Arsenal throughout September and October, believed to have been by Owens beside.
Today they were both spotted walking through the streets of London hand in hand.

I show Maddie.
Maddie: I thought there was an injunction?
Leah: so did I, come on, let's go home. I'll call everyone to find out what happened.
Maddie: okay
We both walk home, I keep my eyes open for any sign of trouble. Maddie is walking along side me when someone bumps into her.
Leah: you okay babe?
Maddie: ye-yeah, can you just get me home?
I turn to look at the guy so does Maddie. She stands there in shock.
Leah: come on then, let's go, Mads?
Maddie: baby that's him
Leah: what's him?
Maddie: the guy that shot me, that's him.
I look at him, she's remembering what happened infront of me.
Leah: are you sure?
Maddie: I'm positive
I run after him and tackle him to the ground.
Maddie: babe no, just leave him, just take me home.
"Yo what the fuck!"
Leah: you shot my girlfriend!
"Yeah? Prove it"
He smirks. I know it was him by the way he says that.
Leah: you little fucking shit.
Maddie: babe!
I look at her, she's crying on the phone. I stand up and walk over to her.
Leah: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, come on let's go home.
Maddie: I'm going to Beth's.
Leah: what?
Maddie: I asked you to leave it and you didn't.
Leah: babe he shot you! He almost killed you, I can't just leave it.
Maddie: you could have. I got a picture of him. You didn't need to go after him.
Maddie starts walking off.
Leah: babe wait, please.
I see Beth pull up along side her, Maddie gets in the car and they drive off.
Beth texts me saying she's sorry and that she'll tell me everything later.
I sit on the floor leant against a building. I put my head in my hands and sigh loudly.
After a while I head home, Bruno is wondering where Maddie is and I'm heartbroken for him. I fucked up. I text Maddie saying I love her but she doesn't respond. I sit on the sofa crying annoyed with myself.

Maddies POV:
I'm in Beth's car and we are driving to hers.
Beth: so what happened Mads?
Maddie: I was scared, I could hardly breathe and all Leah cared about what hitting that guy.
Beth: she just wants to protect you
Maddie: protecting me is being there for me, not having a fight in the middle of the street.
Beth: yeah she shouldn't have done that.
Maddie: I just wanted a nice couple hours out, then an article came through about me, then he turned up, it all just went wrong.
I start crying thinking about Leah, but right now I need a bit of space, she texted me saying she loves me but I don't respond.

I get the Beth's and a few of the arsenal girls are there.
Steph: Beth we were wondering where you went.
Beth: went to pick up our newest signing.
I walk in and all the girls are smiling.
Steph: hey Maddie, you have no idea how happy we all are that you're okay.
Maddie: onwards and upwards I guess.
Steph: everything okay?
Katie: you don't look so good
Maddie: I'm just tired, it's been a rough day.
Beth: you can go lay down in the spare room if you want?
Maddie: are you sure?
Beth: yeah of course, we will all be right here if you need anything
Maddie: thanks Beth
I walk upstairs and lay down in the spare room for a couple of hours.

Leah's POV:
I sit at home for a bit, waiting for Maddie to respond but she doesn't. I get up, get in my car and head to Beth's. I want to sort this, I need to sort this now before it's left for too long.
I knock on her front door. Steph opens it.
Steph: hey Leah, how are you?
Leah: yeah okay, where's Maddie?
Beth: she's asleep upstairs
Leah: is she okay?
Beth: no
I tear up.
Leah: I fucked up Beth, I was more concerned about that prick than making sure Maddie was safe and okay.
I hang my head and Beth hugs me.
Beth: go talk to her, she loves you.
Leah: okay
I walk upstairs and slowly open the door to the room where Maddie is sleeping.
I go in and lay next to her. I kiss her forehead. She wakes up slightly
Leah: im so sorry baby, I just didn't want him to get away with it
Maddie: it's okay
Leah: no it's not, I should have stayed with you rather than going after him.
Maddie: I just didn't want you to get hurt too
Leah: I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry. I love you and I just got angry when I saw him.
Maddie: I love you too.
Leah: can we go home? Bruno wants cuddles from you.
Maddie: okay
Maddie gets up slowly, she's obviously in pain and she's not had her meds in a few hours. She sits on the bed out of breath.
Leah: hey it's okay, I've got you.
Maddie: I can do it Leah.
Leah: I know you can baby, but you haven't had your meds for a bit so just let me help okay?
She nods and let's me help her down the stairs.
Beth: all good?
Maddie: yeah, thanks for everything Beth
Beth: any time
Steph: see you soon, yeah?
Maddie: of course
Maddie hugs them all and leaves the house. I know she's still annoyed at me but she keeps walking to my car.
She gets in and I drive us home. I help her into the house and she sits on the sofa with Bruno, who cuddles into her instantly.
I get Maddies pain meds and make sure she takes them, which she does. I hover around until she pats the seat next to her. I sit down and she cuddles into me.
Maddie: I love you you know?
Leah: I love you more
We sit in a comfortable silence for a bit before Maddies phone starts ringing. It's her dad on FaceTime.
Michael: hey sweetheart, how are you feeling?
Maddie: I'm okay, I saw him today.
Michael: saw who?
Maddie: the guy that shot me
Michael: wh-what? Where?
Maddie: we went for a walk and he bumped into me
Michael: are you okay? Did you call the police?
Maddie: yeah
Leah: you did?
Maddie: whilst I was at Beth's
Michael: why were you at Beth's?
Maddie: we got into an argument, but it's all sorted now
Michael: good
I kiss the top of Maddies head.
Michael: I don't know if you have seen the article yet but I've just sent it to you.
Maddie: yeah I've seen it
Leah: my agent sent it to me
Michael: I've spoken to Jack, he says he will find out where the leak came from, the only way they can report on everything is if someone spoke to them directly.
Leah: someone told the media?
Michael: it looks like it.
I get another message from my agent.
Leah: it's another article babe
Maddie: another one?
Michael: Leah send it to me
I quickly send it to Michael.

MADDIE OWEN SHOT IN HER HOME.

Maddie Owen, 26 was in a coma for 3 weeks due to being shot in her own home.
Masked gunmen shot their way through Owens house and shot the Aston Villa player in the bathroom. She was rushed to hospital where she had surgery and was placed in an induced coma.
She was surrounded by her family and her girlfriend, Arsenal player Leah Williamson.
Williamson did not appear in any matches for those few weeks, believed to be sat by Owens bedside.
Williamson posted a statement about Owen saying that she is now home. However the culprits have not yet been found, with on going investigations into Owens lifestyle.

Maddie: my fucking lifestyle? What are they on about?
Leah: let's not think about it okay?
Maddie: not think about it?!
Michael: sweetheart, Leah's right, let me talk to Jack and I'll sort something out okay?
Maddie: okay okay
Michael: I'll talk to you later okay? Don't worry too much.
Maddie: I'll try not to

Their phone call ends and Maddie reads the article again.
Leah: baby let's not read it.
She puts the phone down and cuddles back into me.
Maddie: who would do that?
Leah: I don't know babe but we will sort it okay?
Maddie: yeah okay
I kiss head head again and she falls asleep whilst we watch a movie.

Maddies POV:
I wake up on the sofa alone, I hear Leah in the garden, I think she's on the phone. I get up and stand in the doorway.

She's pacing around the garden, she looks angry.
Leah: that's not helping John. Sending me 3 articles an hour doesn't help me find who fucking did this!
Leah: who spoke to the media?! You're joking?!
Leah turns around and sees me stood in the doorway.
Leah: John I'll call you back.
She ends the call and walks over to me.
Maddie: who was it babe?
Leah: Alisha.
Maddie: what?
Leah: yeah I'm sorry baby, I'm so sorry.
Maddie: she was my friend. My teammate
Leah: I know baby, I know
She hugs me whilst I cry. Only a few tears but I just don't know why she would do that to me.

I go to bed feeling like shit. I'm so tired and drained from today. Leah is scrolling through instagram and I'm reading Sarinas new book.
Leah: I'll get your meds before we go to sleep, one sec
Leah gets up and comes back a minute later. I take my pain meds and lay back down.
Leah: you feeling okay babe?
Maddie: yeah, I'm okay.
Leah: you sure? You don't look so good.
Maddie: I'm just tired, it's been a long day.
Leah: okay let's get some sleep then
Maddie: we don't have to
Leah: no baby let's sleep.

I fall asleep pretty quickly.

Leah's POV:
It's the next morning, Maddie is still asleep, I get up and get her meds ready, I let Bruno outside for a wee and end up having to kick the football around with him. After around 20 minutes I go back upstairs. Maddie is still asleep but we have a meeting with Michael and his lawyer today so she needs to wake up.
Leah: babe? Come on it's time to wake up.
I kiss her forehead a couple of times.
Leah: baby? Come on beautiful.
Maddie: mmmmm
Leah: come on, we have that meeting remember?
Maddie: baby I don't feel good.
Leah: why what's wrong?
Maddie: I feel so sick
Leah: do you need a doctor?
Maddie: I don't know
She rolls over and groans.
I step out of the room and call Michael. I cancel the meeting today and he says he will get his doctor to come over to check her over.
I go back into the room and Maddie is curled up in a ball crying.
Leah: oh babe.
I climb into bed with her and hold her tightly.
Maddie: I hate feeling like this
Leah: I know beautiful, I know.
Maddie: i just want it all to be over
Leah: what to be over beautiful?
Maddie: everything, the hate, the stories, the pain. I just want it all to go
I stroke her hair and kiss her forehead.
Leah: what can I do?
Maddie: just stay here with me, never leave me.
Leah: I never will babe, ever.
I kiss her forehead over and over until she falls asleep again.

A couple hours later the doctor has been, he said this is normal, considering how much she did yesterday.
Rachel starts calling me. I slowly get up and leave the room.
Leah: hey Rach
Rachel: how is she?
Leah: not great, she's in a lot of pain and she's exhausted.
Rachel: tell her we miss her.
Leah: I will.
Rachel: I'm guessing you have seen the articles?
Leah: yeah we both have.
Rachel: do you know who leaked the story?
Leah: yeah
Rachel: who?
Leah: I shouldn't tell you.
Rachel: Leah, just tell me, she's my best friend, I want to know.
Leah: Alisha.
Rachel: what?!
Leah: yeah
Rachel: you're joking.
Leah: I wish I was, she's heartbroken
Rachel: I'm gonna kill her, I'm actually gonna kill her
Leah: no Rach, we are sorting it okay? Please just don't do anything.
Rachel: I have to see her in 20 minutes, and I'm expected not to say anything?
Leah: I know Rach, I know
Rachel: I'll try not do anything stupid
Leah: thank you
Rachel: just let me know what happens okay?
Leah: yeah I will.

The call ends and I head back into the bedroom. Mads is still sound asleep so I leave her alone for a while.

Maddies POV:
I wake up and I hear some voices downstairs. I get up slowly, put Leah's hoodie on and go downstairs.
Amanda: hi darling, how are you?
Maddie: yeah I'm okay.
I sit on the sofa next to Amanda and she looks at me.
Maddie: where's Leah?
David: she'll be back soon, she's walking Bruno.
Maddie: okay
Amanda: it's good to see you.
Maddie: it's good to see you guys too.
Amanda: we all love you Maddie
Maddie: I love you all too.
David: Jacob sends his love
Maddie: yeah he's not stopped texting me all week
Amanda and David both chuckle.
I get a sharp pain in my chest and hold it tightly.
Amanda: you okay Maddie?
Maddie: ye-yeah
David: you sure?
Maddie: yeah I'm ok-okay
It happens again, I groan in pain and throw my head back.
Amanda: you need your pain meds?
Maddie: ye-yes please
She gets up and goes to get them, I'm guessing Leah told them where they are in case I needed them whilst she was out.
I take them, wanting them to kick in so quickly. My phone starts ringing. I can't answer it because of the pain so I get David to answer it whilst Amanda keeps me distracted from the pain. I hear him sound concerned on the phone. I don't even know who it is.
David: Maddie it's your dad
Maddie: tell him I'll call him back
David: he says it's urgent
Maddie: okay
I take the phone and my dad starts talking
Michael: the guy that shot you, is Alisha's brother
Maddie: wh-what?
I start tearing up.
Michael: I'm so sorry sweetheart.
Amanda: what's going on?
Maddie: dad can I call you back?
Michael: I'll be at yours in 20 minutes okay?
Maddie: o-okay, I love you
Michael: I love you too sweetheart
The call ends and I start balling. Amanda pulls me into a hug.
Maddie: can you call Leah?
David: of course
David calls Leah who tells him she will be 2 minutes.

I don't say another word until Leah comes back.
Leah: baby what's wrong?
Maddie: it was Alisha's brother
Leah: what was?
Maddie: the guy that shot me
Leah looks at her parents. Then back at me.
Leah: are they sure?
Maddie: ye-yeah
I start crying, Leah pulls me into a hug and kisses my head.
Leah: it's okay beautiful, it's all going to be okay.
Maddie: ho-how cou-could she do this to me?
Leah: I don't know baby I don't know, we will sort it okay?
I just nod, I don't say anything else. Leah lays down on the sofa and I cuddle into her. She kisses my forehead whilst I fall asleep.

Leah's POV:
Maddie is asleep on me. Mum and dad are still here.
Amanda: what's going to happen now?
Leah: I don't know mum, this is going to break her.
David: the poor girl
Leah: I know, she doesn't deserve any of this.
I kiss her head whilst she sleeps.
Leah: Michael texted me, he's going to be here soon.
Amanda: he is?
Leah: yeah he's worried about her
David: I'm not surprised, I'd do the same if it was you
Leah: I'd hope so

A few minutes later Michael knocks on the door. My dad answers it. They hug and both come into the living room.
Michael: how is she?
Amanda: she's sleeping.
Mum gets up and hugs Michael.
Amanda: David and I will leave you to it okay? You let us know if you need anything.
Michael: thanks guys, it was great seeing you.
Mum and dad kiss my head on their way out.
Michael: so the police are questioning Alisha too.
Leah: that fast?
Michael: well if she had any involvement then it's going to be a long prison sentence
Leah: really?
Michael: yeah. I just hope they don't let him out. For Maddies sake.
Leah: me too.

Maddie starts breathing really quickly in her sleep.
Maddie: no. No! NO!
Leah: baby, it's okay it's okay. You're safe.
I kiss her head and she wakes up.
Maddie: what, what happened?
Leah: you had a nightmare babe, it's okay.
Maddie: dad?
Michael: I'm here, I'm not going anywhere.
Maddie: can I go to bed?
Leah: of course babe, take your meds first, I'll go get them.
I get up and grab maddies tablets from the cupboard. She takes them and I help her up to bed. We both lay down, Mads falls asleep so quickly, I lay there and think about what I can do for her. She is going to need so much help through this and I don't know what to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 4.7K 59
When a new player, who had a bit of a fall out on the pitch with Leah Williamson, joins Arsenal.... Will they get along or will it cause another fall...
1.1M 25K 150
Sophie Kelly is a 26 year old solicitor living in the countryside to avoid the hustle and bustle of city life. When a storm grounds transport in Ire...
413K 6.4K 54
ON HOLD "You know, I made a promise to myself a year ago that I'd never fall in love again." Niamh spoke as Leah tilted her head to position her ear...
8.6K 232 13
Isla Williamson. 18, breaking into the Arsenal women's first team. Will she be like her mums and thrive? Or will she have a tough time?