Love of my life

By arsenalwfcstories

Maddie Owen, aged 26, Michael Owens oldest daughter, much to his delight she's a rising star in the WSL, curr... More

1
2
3
5
6
7
8
Not an update
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
NEW STORY
18
19
20
21
22
23

4

2.4K 41 5
By arsenalwfcstories

It's been a week, still no change. We are all taking it in turns to get some rest, me getting the least because Im so stubborn and don't want to leave her for too long. Gemma has gone back home to look after James. Michael has been in contact with the police and they still haven't found the guy that did this.
The Villa girls played last night. They all wore black armbands for Maddie, much to the public's confusion because no one knows still.
The arsenal girls also wore black armbands for Maddie. Both teams won, I watched the game from Maddies hospital room. I smiled for the first time since this happened when they won. When both teams won. Mum has gone home fully, making the day trip every now and again when she's not working.
I'm starting to get impatient, I know these things take time but the doctors don't seem to know anything.

It's been 3 weeks since the incident. There are a lot of questions as to why Maddie and I aren't playing football. Both teams are shining. But today they play each other at Villa Park.
Leah: todays the day babe.
Michael: you want to release a statement before the game kicks off?
Leah: I think we should.
Michael: whatever you think is best Leah.
Leah: we have left it long enough.

I start working on an instagram post. Michael reads through it before I post it.

The post:

Liked by 1.6 million.

Leahwilliamsonn: Here goes. So you have all been wondering why Maddie and I haven't been playing or active on social media. Maddie is currently in a coma, and has been for the past 3 weeks. I am not saying why, or what happened, it's Maddies story and I'm not taking that from her.
I love this girl so much, she is surrounded by me, her family and teammates. She knows how loved she is and I know she's smiling at how well her teammates are playing. I am asking, for Maddies sake, for some privacy so we can get through this incredibly dark time. Thanks for the love, we both love each and every one of you💫🩵
Comments disabled.

I put my phone away and turn my attention back to Maddie. It's 2pm, the game kicks off at 5.30 so Michael heads to the cafe down the road to grab some food for us both.

Michael has been gone for around 10 minutes when Maddies machines start beeping. Nurses and doctors run in and I get ushered out of the room. I'm watching through the window when one of the nurses shuts the blinds. I call Michael. I hear him drop everything and start running.

I tear up not knowing what's going on. Michael runs down the corridor.
Michael: Leah! Leah! What's going on?!
Leah: I don't know, her machines started beeping and now I'm stood here just as clueless as you.
He hugs me to calm me down. I start tearing up more. Michael calls Louise who says she's on her way.
A few nurses leave the room and a doctor follows them.
Doctor: she's waking up.
Leah: wh-what?
Michael: she is?
Doctor: she's sedated, but she's off the ventilator and is breathing on her own. She's waking up.
Michael and I embrace in the tightest hug possible. I start crying with happiness and relief.
Louise comes running down the hall.
Louise: wh-what? No no no
Leah: she's waking up!
Louise: wha-what? She is?
Michael: she is Lou. Our baby is waking up.
They hug with so much relief in both of their faces.
Louise: Leah.
She pulls me into a hug with them both.
Doctor: she will be confused when she comes around. She won't might not know how much time has passed and she might not know what happened leading up to the incident okay?
Leah: that's okay, we can explain that right?
Michael: yeah we can. Thank you, thank you for everything.
Michael shakes the doctors hand and we head back into her room.
I kiss her forehead and sit next to her holding her hand tightly. Michael and Louise sit on the other side of her.
Now it's a waiting game for her sedation to wear off.

It's 3pm. I'm still holding her hand. None of us have moved. Her hand squeezes mine.
Leah: her hand squeezed mine.
Michael: what?
Leah: again, she did it again.
Louise: really?
Leah: Maddie? Baby? Can you hear me?
Maddie: mmmm
I tear up.
Louise: darling, it's mum, we are here. Dad is here, Leah is here, everything this okay.
Maddie: le-Le-leah?
Leah: yeah baby, I'm right here.
Maddie: I lo-love you.
I tear up more.
Leah: I love you more Mads, I love you more than you'll ever know.
She opens her eyes. Her bright green eyes.

Maddies POV:
I come around. I hear leah talking to my mum and dad about my hand squeezing hers.
Maddie: mmmm
Louise: darling, it's mum, we are here. Dad is here, Leah is here, everything this okay.
Maddie: le-Le-leah?
Leah: yeah baby, I'm right here.
Maddie: I lo-love you.
Leah: I love you more Mads, I love you more than you'll ever know.
I start to open my eyes, it's bright. It's so bright.
I turn my head towards Leah and look at her, she has tears in her eyes.
Maddie: he-hey
Leah: hi beautiful.
Maddie: you gonna kiss me or what?
Within seconds Leah's lips are on mine. She kisses me softly but with so much love.
Leah: I love you.
Maddie: I love you.
She kisses me again.
Michael: still in the room girls.
Leah: yeah my bad.
I turn my head, mum and dad are both sat next to me.
Louise: hey sweetheart.
Maddie: hi, Babe can you get me some water?
Leah: yeah
She hands me some water with a straw. I take a sip and I feel so much better.
Louise: we are all so glad you're okay.
Michael: so so glad. We all love you sweetheart.
Maddie: erm can you leave me and Leah alone for a minute?
Louise: of course sweetheart, we will go get some food okay?
Michael: I'll call around, let everyone know you're okay.
They both kiss my forehead and leave the room.
Leah: you scared me.
Maddie: I didn't mean to, I'm sorry.
Leah: no baby, this wasn't your fault.
Maddie: can you tell me what happened? All I remember is packing up my house.
Leah hesitates but tells me the story of what happened.
Maddie: I don-don't remember that. Im sorry I put you through all of that baby, I didn't know that that would happen.
Leah: this isn't your fault okay?
Maddie: I know but I still put you through it all.
Leah: all that matters is that you are okay.
Leah kisses the back of my hand.
Maddie: mhm
Leah: what?
Maddie: kiss me properly.
Leah stands up and kisses me. It's soft, slow and tender filled with so much love and relief.
Maddie: that's better.
Leah: good, I've been waiting 3 weeks to do that.
Maddie: you haven't kissed me for that long?
Leah: no I haven't, just your forehead and hand.
Maddie: well we have 3 weeks to make up for then don't we?
Leah: I guess so.
Maddie: do the public know?
Leah: they do, I put a post out this morning, with permission from your dad of course.
Maddie: only this morning?
Leah: yeah, there was a lot of media speculation about why we both weren't playing.
Maddie: the public don't know fully?
Leah: no we have a court order on the media so they can't publish anything without permission from your dad.
Maddie: really?
Leah: we didn't want to worry about the media, we just wanted to focus on you.
Maddie: I could hear you talking to me you know?
Leah: you could?
Maddie: all the football scores, everything going on with Bruno. How stubborn you were about not leaving me. I heard you cry a few times, blaming yourself, this wasn't your fault babe.
Leah: I know, not was it yours.
Maddie: I heard they haven't found him either.
Leah: not yet baby, not yet, they will.
Maddie: I hope so.
I see Leah tearing up.
Maddie: oh baby.
I put my hand on her cheek and wipe her tears away.
Maddie: don't cry beautiful, there's no need to cry.
Leah: I've missed your voice, your eyes, your smile. Just everything, I've missed everything.
Maddie: I missed you too.
She kisses me again.
Leah: you want to watch the game?
Maddie: stupid question.
Leah: okay.

Leah's phone starts ringing. She picks up, it's FaceTime. Leah holds the phone infront of my face. I see Beth beaming down the phone.
Beth: hey sleepy head
Maddie: hey beffy
Beth: just in time for our game ey?
Maddie: can't miss another one can I?
Beth: that's true, hey guys it's Maddie!
Everyone pops into the frame. Everyone is so smiley that I'm okay.
Leah: oh babe they don't know yet.
Maddie: they don't?
Leah: no.
Maddie: shall I tell them now?
Steph: tell us what? Spit it out!
Maddie: the day of erm what are you calling it?
Leah: the incident.
Maddie: the day I got shot.
Leah: babe.
Maddie: well that's what happened. The day I got shot, the morning of it anyway I signed for a new club.
Beth: you did?! Which club? Spurs?
Everyone boos.
Maddie: nah, the other north London team.
Beth: what?! Seriously?
Maddie: seriously.
Beth: GUYS MADDIE SIGNED FOR US!
everyone cheers behind the camera.
Maddie: keep it quiet for now, I need to tell the world first. The Villa girls know but know you guys know too.
Beth: you have our word. Better go, pulling up to Villa park now, we will win for you Mads.
Maddie: you better, love you all
Everyone says they love me too before the phone call ends.
Leah is sat smiling at me when I look at her.
Maddie: what?
Leah: I've missed you so much.
Maddie: I've missed you too.

Leah and I watch the game on her laptop. Arsenal win 3-0. After the game Beth and Lia are doing an interview.

Ian Wright: girls, great win! How does it feel?
Beth: 3 goals and a clean sheet? Can't get better than that.
Lia: it was more than just a game tonight, that one was for Maddie.
Ian: well I'm sure she is so happy. Do you know how she's doing?
Beth and lia both hesitate.
Beth: erm there's no change since Leah put that statement out this morning. But we all know she's listening, Leah's running commentary is probably annoying her.
Ian laughs.
Ian: well girls, a great win, top of the league, can't get better than that right?
Lia: no, nothing is better than this feeling right now. Doing it for not only Maddie, but for Leah. It's been a tough few weeks for her, winning makes her week just a little bit better.
Ian: I'm sure it does, she'll appreciate that. I'll let you both go. Great game today, congratulations.

Leah shuts the laptop and looks at me.
Maddie: yeahhhhh
Leah: what?
Maddie: you are wanting something, what is it?
Leah: I don't know what you mean?
Maddie: babe, we've been together for 6 years, I know that face.
Leah: okay you got me.
Maddie: I know exactly what you're wanting.
Leah: oh you do, do you?
Maddie: yeah
I move over and pat the bed.
Leah: correct.
Leah climbs onto the bed and I cuddle into her.
Leah: I've missed this.
She kisses the top of my head whilst I fall asleep.

Leah's POV:
Over the next few days family members come and go, saying they all love Maddie and they are so glad she's okay. I haven't left her side. I've been sleeping at the hotel whilst she's been sleeping. She is ready to go home today. I'm taking her to London with me so she doesn't have to go back to the house where it all happened. The police still haven't found the guy that did it much to Michaels annoyance, as well as mine.

I'm packing Maddies bag whilst she's getting changed. She's in a bit of pain but is doing so much better. The public don't know she's okay yet, we both agreed to announce it when she's home, with me.
I get Maddie home safely and on the sofa. Bruno is staying with my mum until Mads is back to her old self.
Leah: movie? Cuddles? Or both?
Maddie: both, obviously.
I sit down and maddie curls up next to me and puts her head on my lap.
Maddie: you can tell the world I'm okay now beautiful
Leah: you sure?
Maddie: I'm sure

My post:

Liked by 2,8 millions people

Leahwilliamsonn: After 4 weeks, Maddie is home and doing so so so much better. Thanks for all your support and love, it means the world to us both. I love you my girl💫🩵
Comments Disabled

I post it and put my phone down, savouring every moment i have with this girl.

It's been 5 weeks now since it all happened. Much to my disappointment, Maddie is forcing me back to training today. She's says I've had enough time off, Jonas has offered me a few more days but Maddie said to go back. I know she'll be okay.
I pull into the training ground after such a long time. The girls are all eating breakfast when I walk in.
Beth: Leah!
Beth runs up to me and hugs me.
Beth: how is she?
Leah: she's great, I'm so happy she's home.
Jen: I'm not surprised, how are you doing?
Leah: I'm alright, still don't want to leave her on her own but I need to get back into football mode. I'm sorry I've had so much time off.
Steph: no no you don't, never apologise for putting your girlfriend first Leah.
Leah: I'll try not to.
Jonas: girls, meeting room in 10 minutes, Leah can I have a word?
Leah: yeah sure
I walk with Jonas to his office. I sit down.
Jonas: how are you?
Leah: I'm okay
Jonas: seriously Leah, how are you?
Leah: I'm just worried about her, I'm so so glad she's okay but all I can think of is her, all I can hear is the gunshot and her wheezing down the phone.
Jonas: I know it's hard Leah, do you need help?
Leah: I am talking to someone, I'll be okay.
Jonas: you let me know if I can do anything, for you and Maddie okay?
Leah: thanks Jonas
Jonas: ready?
Leah: as I'll ever be.
We both head to the meeting room and I take a seat. Jonas starts talking about the tactics for the game against Man U. It's at the emirates in front already a big crowd. On the way out to the pitches I call Maddie to make sure she's okay.
Leah: hey beautiful
Maddie: hey
Leah: how are you feeling?
Maddie: I'm okay, I'm sat in bed watching a movie bored.
Leah: I'm sorry, it's not fun.
Maddie: it's not your fault babe I wish you'd stop apologising.
Leah: okay I'll stop.
Maddie: your mum is coming round in a bit
Leah: she is?
Maddie: yeah she called me asking how I was, she's coming round with Bruno to cheer me up.
Leah: just make sure Bruno does get too excited
Maddie: I'll try calm him down babe, seriously don't worry about me, have a good session and I'll see you in a few hours okay?
Leah: okay, I love you.
Maddie: I love you too.
I end the call and head out to the pitches.
Steph: how's she doing?
Leah: she's okay, she's just bored
Steph: I bet she is.
Leah: my mums going round to look after her.
Steph: that's good, let us know if we can do anything to help.
Leah: I will, thanks Steph.

Training ends a couple hours later. My fitness is so off at the moment so I don't play my best but it was nice to be back on the pitch.

I head home quickly, mums car is on the drive when I get home. I go inside and Bruno meets me.
Leah: hi boy! I've missed you.
I give him some kisses then head upstairs to my bedroom. Maddie and my mum are both laid down laughing and talking.
Leah: oh hello there.
Maddie: oh hey babe.
Leah: hi mum.
I kiss Maddie and sit on the end of the bed.
Amanda: how was training bubba?
Leah: it was okay, everyone giving my sympathy which I hate but other than that it was good.
Amanda: that's good.
Leah: so what have you two done today?
Maddie: not a lot, just been chatting.
Amanda: I need to get going, I'll be back in a couple of days
Maddie: thanks for today Amanda, you can leave Bruno here, I'll need the company.
Amanda: okay darling, see you both soon.

Leah: so how are you feeling?
Maddie: I'm in a bit of pain but I'm okay
Leah: have you had your meds?
Maddie: no
Leah: I'll get them, one sec
I run downstairs and get them. I come back up and Maddie takes them. She pulls me down so she can cuddle into me.
Leah: I missed you today.
Maddie: I missed you too, so tell me everything
I fill Maddie in on my day. She's smiling throughout.
Maddie: so your speaking to someone?
Leah: yeah
Maddie: who?
Leah: a therapist my mum recommended
Maddie: that's good babe, you know you can speak to me too?
Leah: I know baby, I know.
Maddie: so I'm off bed rest tomorrow, you've got the day off right?
Leah: yeah
Maddie: can we go somewhere?
Leah: I don't know Mads
Maddie: please baby. Just to go get coffee or something?
Leah: okay
Maddie: thank you.
Leah: anything for you.
I kiss her forehead as Bruno jumps on our bed and cuddles into Maddie. I can tell he's missed her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

277K 7.2K 73
"You know, you're a pain in my ass, Williamson." "You love me, Villanueva."
327K 7.8K 69
18 Yr old Madeline Torres is on the USWNT and recently signed with Arsenal W.F.C. As soon as she joins she instantly clicks with the team, except one...
12.7K 266 15
Isla Williamson. 18, breaking into the Arsenal women's first team. Will she be like her mums and thrive? Or will she have a tough time?