Taken As Reward (The war of p...

By Rachayetria

Zehra Hassan She was robbed of her ordinary life, brought into the dirt turned into a profanity introduced t... More

AUTHOR NOTE
DEDICATION
TRIGGER
CHARACTER
PLAYLIST
Prologue
01. Barbadi
02. Tadbeer
03. Gajra
04. Azmanzil
05. Badla
06. Aashna
07. Hasrat
08. Massla
09. Musalsal
10. Iztiraar
11. Muqtalif
12. Mehfooz
13. Harqat
14. Lugai
15. Fanaa
16. Sufiyana
17. Khel
18. Rooh
19. Keher
Here's An idea!
20. Haasid
21. Khelwad
22. Shak
23. Keemat
24. Kuffar
25. Undekha
26. Jazbatein
27. Aaftaab
28. Selaab
29. Gunnah
COMPLETE BOOK CHART
30. Kabil
31. Zubaniyat
32. Musibatein
33. Mubashrat
34. Mukhtalif
35. Masal
36. Khuda
37. Izzat
38. Behaya
39. Lihaaz
40. Sharam
Bonus Scene ( Abhiraj's POV)
41. Rahazan
42. Gaddar
43. Haadsa
44. Zehni
45. Hashar
46. Munasib
47. Munafiqat
48. Barbadi 2.0
49. Aakhir
50. Antim
VOTING PAGE
BONUS 01
BONUS 02
BONUS 03
BONUS 04

Epilogue

9.9K 597 321
By Rachayetria

ZEHRA

Holding my gaze in the reflection of shards that could break a soul. I watched the mirror, my eyes trailed down to my face and the accessories I was wearing, this wedding gown, Devakshaya bought for me as a gift.

Today was our Muslim wedding, I was dressed in a red sharara and my dupatta was perched on my shoulders

Before the wedding, we were not supposed to see each other or live under the same roof, I and Daiwik had been separated for almost one month, and I hadn't seen him since last week.

I took a deep breath, I could hear the faint music downstairs, I went over to the window, looking outside. There was a stage set, with two sides, separated by flowers. I held the windshield and tried to look outside.

I was not nervous, I was happy. Excited.

I took a deep breath, and I was soon asked to walk downstairs and now towards the ceremony.

I saw Devakshaya waiting for me by the entrance gate, and he smiled. "Do you like your new house?" He asked me. And I looked around the Haveli Daiwik recently bought.

I felt guilty, but it wouldn't take a genius to remember, that when Sarisha told me that she lived in Haveli, I felt inferior, and then this happened.

Daiwik bought this haveli, we are holding the wedding at, from the entrance of the gate to the front lawn I am supposed to walk down, where he is.

"It's beautiful!" I told him, and he smiled, and he walked towards me, and offered me his hand.

"I know blood relatives or cousins are mostly the ones who do this, but I want to take you?" He asked me, holding the frill of my sharara I held it and walked towards him.

I gave him a bright smile, "I don't think, any blood would have given me what I have found in you! Devakshaya! Daiwik might become my husband, but I am more excited to finally be the real family of this house!" I told him, a brighter smile pulled on his lips.

He decided to take my hand, and when I was outside at the door, Taara and Sarisha, Aarti and Anju waited for me to walk behind me, during my entrance.

They all opened their mouths but froze, "You are looking gorgeous! Zehra!" I heard finally and I smiled at them, while Devakshaya led me front and they stepped behind me.

The pathway read me towards Daiwik, who was behind the curtains and I couldn't see him yet. I held my breath, gulping down. Before I was helped on the stairs of the stage by my mom and made to sit against the curtains, where I could see the figure, of a man I love.
I didn't raise my eyes to meet his, through the steal of gaps in the garland.

My brother Murshad sat on the bench, playing the role of Wali, Devakshaya and Inara with Taara are the witnesses for the marriage.

The officiant recited the words to me,
“Zehra Mohammad Hassan kya aapko Daiwik Muktam Agnihotri se, Shanti Haveli Mahr ke saath, ye nikah qubool hai?”
(Mahr is property or gifted to the bride at the wedding)

And I blinked, shock on my face, Shanti Haveli?
This Haveli, behind me?

I watched blankly, the officiant repeated the same words,
“Kya aapko ye nikah qubool hai?”

I looked up at the man against the flowers, “Qubool hai.” I replied, but I was still not over the surprise that was given me, the shock.
“Qubool hai,”
“Qubool hai,”

The same question was repeated to Daiwik,
“Daiwik Muktam Agnihotri, kya aapko Zehra Mohammad Hassan se, Shanti Haveli Mahr ke saath ye nikah qubool hai?” He was asked and he spoke behind, “Qubool hai, Qubool hai, Qubool hai,” 

I smiled at his one-breath answer and looked down. I was passed the contract to sign after it had his signature. I wrote my name in my signature, before the witnesses, Inara and Taara with Devakshaya to sign the contract.
After the final announcement of the wedding was made.

I passed my hand through the garland and taking Daiwik's hand, I was made to step him towards my side.
The flowers brushed against his shoulders while he took a pace my way.
Finally seeing him.

I felt him holding his breath when he witnessed me and stood beside me. The wedding is finally official.
I raise my head to meet his eyes, his multicoloured eyes of grey and green.
“Kamal hai, Zehra? Pehle zinda kar ti ho? Or fir khud hi apni khubsurti se maar daalti ho?”
(Strange, Zehra? You give me hope to live and then you kill me with your beauty?)

~

The open banquet and reception took place, in the crowd-filled garden and I sat alone on the seat. Daiwik was here with me earlier but he just walked somewhere.

“Hey! Bride? I know you are already married, but if you are ever planning to turn gay? Just know I will scramble myself for you," Inara came and sat on the stool behind the bench I was sitting at, and a smile on her lips.

I sighed heavily, crossed my legs and held her gaze, “Why do you flirt? Inara?" I asked her finally, and she chuckled before eyeing the men in the crowd of guests.

“Have you ever had a gaze on you that made you feel unclothed?" She asked me, and answered herself, "Before an eyes like that land on me. I make sure they go away in mortification."
She spoke before she held my upper arms, "And now. Look at that. What your man has prepared for you?" She told me and made me turn towards another stage.

The man sat there with classical music instrumental, and Daiwik stood there with a mike in his hand. My breath hitched,

The promise of a melody made for me?
I held my breath, when his words rang in the garden, eyes turning to him.
While mine refused to take off from him.

“Zehra, the music that played inside me, left me the day in our past I had for gone you. But while for one and a half months I sat in front of Vandigana's gate and waited for you? I formed a melody for you. Just the way I had promised I would."

His words rang before the music placed the room in set stone and the rhythm from his throat made the tiny hair on my body stand.

His voice engulfed, the room, captive. If he had left singing? And he held every wavelength of his vocal so efficiently.

What would have happened if he continued?

His music played, and the last part of him talked about how he wanted to apologize to me. And want me to hold him and forgive him.

I blanked when the last breath hit me, and I met his eyes.
“Already take her to bed! Daiwik! ” I don't know whose voice was that, but laughter followed the room, and blush on my face.

“Go, girl! He is your husband! No one will judge you for getting nasty with him!" I heard Inara behind me, turning even red, I stepped down the stairs, walked toward his stage, and did the same with his side, covering half the stance between us.

He held my hand, nostalgia hitting me, like that day, and his words held me.
“I love you.”

And I wanted to give him back this time, “I love you too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->DROP REVIEWS
STAY TUNED FOR BONUS CHAPTERS
1. My apologies to Muslim readers if I made a fault in showing the wedding.

2. I know the song is not what you wanted, but I had to make something that was romantic, longing, good voice, showed classical, and had Rajasthani word play.
You can always imagine your own song?

3. DEVAKSHAYA's BOOK IS OUT NOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

851K 8K 13
❤️COMPLETED AND TAKEN DOWN ❤️ SECOND PART OF LOVE WINS SERIES Only sample paper here EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON KINDLE ORDER OF SERIES 1.INCOMPREHENSI...
46.1K 4.5K 40
(Sunday Updates) "𝐎𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞." ...
8.5K 482 14
𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝟏 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒!!! [𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞] 𝐕𝐞𝐞𝐫 𝐗 𝐀𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢 "So you want to be my wife?" He asked pinning her to the...
39.4K 1.4K 38
Well read the story at ur risk and i advice you read the triger warnings first cause its a very dark one giving you a body shaking adventure and trig...