The New Maid (Camren)

By live-laugh-and-5h

A young and rich Lauren falls for her new young maid, Camila. Not realizing both of their lives are about to... More

The New Maid (Chapter 1)
The New Maid (Chapter 2)
The New Maid (Chapter 3)
The New Maid (Chapter 4)
The New Maid (Chapter 5)
The New Maid (Chapter 6)
The New Maid (Chapter 7)
The New Maid (Chapter 8)
The New Maid (Chapter 9)
The Mew Maid (Chapter 10)
The New Maid (Chapter 11)
The New Maid (Chapter 12)
The New Maid (Chapter 13)
The New Maid (Chapter 14)
The New Maid (Chapter 15)
The New Maid (Chapter 17)
The New Maid (Chapter 18)
The New Maid (Chapter 19)
The New Maid (Chapter 20)
The New Maid (Chapter 21)
The New Maid (Chapter 22)

The New Maid (Chapter 16)

237 4 2
By live-laugh-and-5h

" Wow this place is gorgeous.. It's so different..", Lauren looked through the window of her limo, and was amazed at how different London was from Miami.

" Yeah, it's beautiful here. You're gonna love it.. It's so artistic..", the limo driver turned, and smiled.

" By the way my name is George, and I'll be your limo driver, or chauffeur, if you wanna get fancy."

" Ha, I like you already George.. and yes, it's so artistic.. which is the reason that I'm here.."

" You're into the arts? I thought you'd be here just for vacation.."

" Well you can call it a vacation.. a really long vacation. I'll be going to art school, and I didn't want to stay home for that.. I wanted to explore the world, you know how it is.."

" Did someone back home break your heart?", George smirked.

" How did you know?"

" Because the last time a girl broke my heart I left the country for a year.. she was actually my fiancé, she dumped me, and I couldn't stand living in the same city.. so I left."

" Wait, so how did you end up in London because by your accent you must be American?", Lauren sat up on her seat.

" I wanted to explore the world.. sounds familiar, doesn't it?", George smiled at Lauren through his mirror.

" So what happened with your fiancé.. did you ever get over her?"

" To be honest, not really.. I still think of her from time to time, and last I heard, she was still with the guy that she left me for.. It hurt a lot."

" You were too good for her, George. I'm sure there's a special lady out there for you. Don't lose hope.."

There were a few seconds of silence, " So, what happened with you? Because now I'm sure you're not just here because of school.."

" A girl broke my heart.. she made me fall in love, and then left me..", Lauren looked down at her hands, and stopped herself from crying in front of her chauffeur.

" You don't have to hold back, Ms Jauregui, if you need to cry just let it out. I've been in your shoes.."

" I don't want to cry over her anymore.. I just want to understand why she would change her mind so suddenly.. one day she loves me, and the next she totally changes on me.."

" What exactly happened?", it had only been a few minutes, but George was already concerned over Lauren.

" I don't know.. She just left me a voicemail saying she was leaving me because she realized she didn't feel the same, and that she felt suffocated. Oh, and get this, she was my maid.."

" Wait, hold up.. she was your maid? Like, she worked in your house?"

" yeah, that's how we met.. and we fell in love, or so I though.."

" So you're telling me that you fell in love with your maid, and she left, and basically quit her job, just like that? Are you sure she wasn't interested in your money?"

" Camila isn't that type of girl.. she didn't care if I was rich, she loves me for me. Or loved me...", Lauren's eyes filled with tears.

" Ms Jauregui, are you sure there wasn't more to it? I mean, you say she loved you, and she was never interested in your money. What if there was more to your breakup, and you don't even know?"

" I didn't stay long enough to figure it out.. I never thought about that.. All I remember her saying is that she didn't love me like she thought she did.. It all happened so suddenly. I still feel like it's a bad dream.. But I'm in London, this is definitely not a dream..", Lauren managed to smile.

" I'm really sorry this happened to you, Ms. Jauregui, but if it's one thing I've learned, is that time heals everything.. It doesn't happen instantly, it takes time, but you'll be okay.. You've got this whole city, you can meet a young lady, and fall in love.."

Lauren giggled, " I don't know about falling in love.. at least not yet.. I just want to concentrate on doing good in art school... Painting is the only way I could forget her, or at least attempt to.."

" You're saying that now.. and I don't doubt you'll do amazing in art school, but you'll meet someone that will treat you right.."

" I guess only time will tell, right?", Lauren smiled at George as she sat tightly on her seat, and closed her eyes.

Lauren started art school almost immediately after she settled into her apartment. George helped her remodel because Lauren wanted to have a more " grown up feel" to her new home.

Everything happened so quick..The first few weeks of art school, and living in a completely different country was difficult at first, but she got used to it. She became great friends with George especially after they realized they had a lot in common, like the same taste in women. George would drive her around the city, and Lauren found herself falling more in love with her new home as the days turned into weeks, and weeks eventually turned into years. Time spun so fast for Lauren, and all along, she had one girl on her mind, Camila Cabello.

Lauren dated a few girls, but nothing every turned serious because she was always too busy with school. Lauren became the great artist that she had always dreamed of in a total of eight years. She was finally able to open up her own art gallery, and she had enough art work to display, she was extremely proud of herself, and deep down in her heart she hoped Camila was too.. After Laurens gallery became known to the public, there were wealthy people from around the world that would come to London, and buy portraits off of her.

Although, she made a lot of money off her work, Lauren never kept any of it.. She donated every single penny to different charities. Lauren never cared about the money, she cared about being known, and indeed she was recognized all over the world.

Laurens most popular paintings where of Ana.. she had many different versions, and somehow they caught the most attention. No one knew who Ana was, they just knew her big brown eyes were mysteriously passionate.

Lauren stood in front of her art gallery, she stood there, and admired her hard work. Life could possible be perfect if only she had what she loved the most.. but as she stood there, she realized that perhaps everything happened for a reason, and through the years she learned to live without Camila.. Lauren never hated Camila, infact, she could have sworn she loved her more and more each day..

" So what do you think, George?", Lauren held on to one of her paintings as George moved furniture around her gallery.

" About what Ms. Jauregui?"

" About this.. about my work? About me actually accomplishing something for once in my life.. I mean, I became the well know artist that I dreamt of my whole life.. but tell me why I still feel something missing?", Lauren turned around to face George.

" Because you have unfinished work back at home.. don't you think its time you visit your parents?"

Lauren held on to her hair, " I don't know if I'm ready to go back.. I mean, I call them basically everyday.."

" Ms. Jauregui, we both know you miss your parents, and you're dying to see them, as much as they want to see you.. I never understood why you never let them visit you? I hope you realize that's torture for them.."

" I know, George, but I always told myself that I would want to see them once I was an accomplished artist..", Lauren walked up to the counter.

" Unless this isn't you being an accomplished artist.. then I don't know what is.. Ms. Jauregui, I know I'm no one to tell you what to do, but I think it's time you take a mini vacation, and go back home to visit your parents...", George smiled.

" I can't go.. who's gonna take care of this place?"

" You know that I can take care of this place for you.. as well as your apartment.. I thought you trusted me well enough?", George chuckled.

" Of course I trust you.. you've been my ride or die these past eight years.. literally..", Lauren playfully pushed George.

" So then, what's the problem? Go back home for a few days, and surprise your parents!"

" I don't know, I don't feel ready?"

" You're not ready to see your parents, or you're not ready to find Camila?"

Lauren looked up at George, and if she didn't consider him literally family, she would have torn his face off, " You're funny, George because I had actually forgotten who she even was.. I actually just remembered her name.."

" So.. then there shouldn't be a reason why you can't visit your parents back home.. Unless, you're trying to run from unresolved feelings, or something like that.."

" No, of course I'm not.. there's nothing to hide, and maybe you are right.. Maybe I should surprise my parents.. at least for a few days?" George could only smile. .. .

Before Lauren knew it, she was on her way home. From her perspective, she was just visiting her parents for a few days, but deep down she knew, that life could take a different turn.

She flew back to Miami, and she closed her eyes as she felt the warmth of Miami hit her skin after eight solid years..

She stood in her front door step, a place that seemed so familiar, yet strange at the same time, " wait.. this is my house. Why would I ring the doorbell?", She walked in, and there was total silence..

" Mom? Dad?", Lauren called out.

" Lauren? My baby?", Clara walked out of her room as tears filled her eyes, and she hugged Lauren so tightly.

" Mom.. I've missed you so damn much.", Lauren hugged her mom, as she cried in her arms.

" No one has missed you more than your father and I have.. I can't believe you're here.."

" Well, believe it cause I'm here.. where's my old man?", Lauren asked as she cleaned off her tears.

" Lauren?", Mike had just gotten home, and dropped his suitcase to run towards his daughter.

" DAD!", Lauren wrapped her arms around mike, as she sunk her face in his neck.

" My little Lauren.. I can't believe this.. am I dreaming?", Mike looked down at Lauren.

" I'm here dad.. I know it's been such a long time, but I'm finally the artist that I always wanted to be!", Lauren said proudly.

" We know, we follow up on your career, we're like your greatest fans!", Clara smiled.

" You know we actually had a surprise for you.. we were holding on to it, until you returned.. and well, you're here.. so we might as well let you know?", Mike held on to Laurens shoulders.

"Mom, are you pregnant?", Lauren turned to look at Clara.

" Lauren, I can see you're the same brat! But no, I'm not pregnant.. We have a surprise for you.. and it's actually a few blocks away from here.. do you want it now?", Clara raised an eyebrow.

" Hmm, well I don't know how long I'll be in Miami.. so we might as well start enjoying every second, right?"

" Sounds like a plan!", Lauren, and her parents walked out of their home. She had no idea what her parents were up to, but she figured she'd just go along.

Mike, and Clara had a surprise for Lauren, alright.. she had no idea, but the curiosity began to drive her crazy as they parked in front of an abandoned building surrounded by plants. They stepped out of the car, and the drive was actually only a few minutes.

Lauren stood in front of the building, " My surprise is an abandoned building? Wait, is this supposed to be my house?"

Mike laughed as he took keys out of his pocket, and began to unlock the front door, " No, silly.. You'll see.."

The doors opened, and Lauren stood in the middle of the room, " This looks like a....", her eyes, opened wide.

" Like, it could possibly be your very own art gallery in Miami?", Clara stood behind her daughter.

Lauren turned around to face her parents with tears in her eyes, " Is this mine? Is this my first American art gallery?"

" It's all yours.. Your mom, and I bought it a few years back, we were just waiting for you to come back home.. It's ready, and you can display your art whenever you feel ready.." Mike smiled.

" This is beautiful, but I don't know how long I'll be here... you both know my stay in Miami will never be permanent again.", Lauren looked down at her feet, as she cleaned off her tears.

" We'll have someone run it for you.. we just hoped you would stay with us for a little longer.. Your father, and I are so proud of the artist you've become... you're known all over the world, and we couldn't be happier that you get to do what you love most..", Clara's voice began to crack.

Lauren looked at her mother, and she knew there was little truth in her words, " You, and I both know that I love art, but it's not what I love the most.."

" Yeah, I know..", Clara' smiled as she knew what Lauren meant.

Lauren took a deep breath as she walked around the gallery, " Well, for now I'll have to start working on new paintings to display.. oh, and by the way, who chose the color for these walls? It's depressing me.. My gallery back home is covered in bright colors"

" We had no idea what color you would like, we were just waiting for you to see it.. so since you're here.. We'll get new paint, and we can fix whatever you don't like." Mike crossed his arms.

" Everything is fine.. it's just the color. I think I would really like a light yellow color in here.. It reminds me of spring."

" You heard the girl, Mike.. We need to get her yellow paint..", Clara raised her hand.

" Mom, please go with dad he's colorblind I don't want him to bring black paint instead", Lauren laughed.

" You sure?", Clara asked.

" Yeah, I can use the time to look around, and maybe start a few paintings.."

" Okay, we'll be back soon!"

Clara, and Mike left to buy paint leaving Lauren alone to explore her very own art gallery.

" Where do I even begin..", Lauren spoke out loud as she noticed her parents had blank canvas ready for her.

She took one, and placed it front of one of the windows for better lighting.. She figured she could start her first painting, and she did. Lauren painted a beautiful view of London, and somehow deep in her heart she missed her home, she even missed George. It took her about 45 minutes to complete her painting, which was pretty quick; it was one technique she learned in art school.
She placed it on a counter so it could dry.

As Lauren continued looking around the gallery she noticed a limousine parked outside, she didn't give it too much thought, she figured it was just her parents who had gotten a ride back. It wasn't until she heard a knock at the door..

" May I help you?", Lauren raised an eyebrow as a man dressed in a black suit with a friendly smile, stood in front of her.

" Hello, Miss.. My boss would like to have a look at your art work, if that's okay with you?"

" Um, how did your boss know this is an art gallery?"

" The building is hidden, and covered in plants, it's typical for an art gallery.

My boss is kind of an expert in the arts..", the man kindly smiled.

" Well, you can tell your boss that this art gallery isn't open to the public, yet.. so they have to wait like the rest..", Lauren smiled back.

" But you seem to have paintings.. There's one on the counter, I'm sure she would love it."

" She? Wait, is your boss like some kind of art major? It's interesting that she can spot an art gallery.."

" Art galleries are her passion.. and she somehow thought this was open, but apparently not.."

Lauren scratched her head, " This is actually the first time I step foot inside this building. It was a surprise from my parents.. which is why there's no paintings at all. And I wouldn't want your boss to have a bad first impression. I can give you my number, and you can come back once everything is set?"

" That sounds like a good idea, but quite frankly.. she would love that painting of London.."

Lauren turned back to look at her painting, " It's not my best work, I doubt she would like it.."

" Well, why don't we just let her see for herself?"

" Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt.", Lauren smiled.

" Okay, I'll let her know.", the man walked out of the building, and Lauren went back to her painting and set it next to the window once again. She lightly smiled at her work, as she walked back to counter, and cleaned up a bit, since there was paint brushes everywhere.

She heard footsteps behind her, and she figured it was just the man, and her boss walking in..

" This is beautiful.. wow..", the woman's voice was low, but Lauren still managed to hear.

" So how much are you willing to sell this for?", the woman asked.

Lauren turned around, but she couldn't see her face since she held the painting in front of her.

" Hmm, I'm not so sure yet.. whatever you're willing to give, honestly. Anything I make off of a painting, I donate to charity."

" That is oddly kind of you to do.. I'll write out a check.."

Lauren still didn't know who the woman was, she wore sunglasses, and by the way she dressed, Lauren could guess she was filthy rich.

" Okay, the painting is all yours..", Lauren smiled as she walked closer to the woman.

" Rob, may you go back to the limo, and get my purse, please?", the woman's chauffeur walked out of the building, leaving them alone. The woman never took her eyes off the painting, and Lauren still couldn't really see her face.

" Ma'am would you like me to place the painting in a special box, so you wont have to hold it the entire time?", Lauren could care less, she just wanted to see her face.

" Yeah, sure..", the woman smiled as she handed the painting to Lauren, and took her glasses off. And for the first time, they made eye contact.

In that moment, Lauren could have sworn every inch of blood had gone to the bottom of her feet, as her eyes met beautiful brown eyes.. The ones she never thought she would see again. The eyes that belonged the only woman she had ever loved.. The woman dropped the painting onto the floor, as she placed her hands over her mouth...

" Camila?", Lauren finally managed to find the courage to speak..

------------------------------------------------

Hi so I made this chapter a little longer! I HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND FEEDBACK WOULD BE LOVELY :) I love u all thanks for reading :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
224K 12.3K 86
'Looking for quiet roommate.' 'Located in quiet area.' 'Apartment has previously received noise complaints.' Virgil groaned and tossed his phone onto...
12.3K 305 7
RE-MAKE Yandere Yugioh x Reader But don't you see, my dear? I am your Doppelgänger Have your faith so... Love me - Stalkers Tango ◇──◆──◇──◆ Older c...
11K 131 5
Korra and Mako have a lot if fun. Rated M for later