You & I・❥・(Graham Coxon)

By britpopinnit

"Never met a girl like you before I don't think I ever will again" ,said Graham to her. - Amidst the peak o... More

Beautiful and Dangerous・❥・
Band Meeting(s)・❥・
Dinner Together・❥・
Promise me・❥・
Hangover・❥・
Black and white・❥・
As Beautiful as ever・❥・
Secret Lovebirds・❥・
The Aftermath・❥・
Doubtful and blue・❥・
Rekindling・❥・
Evening Gloom・❥・
Sleepover・❥・
A Cold Night・❥・
Somewhere, someway・❥・
Tomorrow・❥・
Confrontation・❥・
Filter・❥・
The End・❥・
Epilogue + (a/n)

The Interview・❥・

209 12 2
By britpopinnit

(a/n: today is a long long interesting chapter and you lot are not ready for it)

-

Graham POV

another day goes by in violet's company. whoever said time passes by quick when you are having fun was right. 

i wake up, she wakes up. though, we stay in each other's arms for a while and chat. i find peace in this but unfortunately she has to leave to go to this meeting regarding her acting job. the movie is still in the process of finalization so she won't take long - about 3 hours she says.

after spending the night together and cuddling, we shower together as well. then i help her get ready. she looks very beautiful as usual. i don't know what has a sharper edge her eyeliner or her heels, whatever it is. it's sexy.

3 hours of separation anxiety start but violet has put on one of her movies for me on the telly, she says it's her favourite one and i should resume my challenge of watching her movies. she is keeping me busy even while being away.

somewhere during the midpoint of the movie a sudden realisation hits me in the face. it feels like a sweet pinch because it's not a negative realisation. i notice that i haven't been getting that awful feeling before and after drinking lately.

also, i haven't been drinking that much either. i don't have the time to, violet keeps me busy and happy too. i've experienced two days of bliss and i hope this continues. she is my painkiller.

the sky looks blue instead of grey, water has a taste again and the birds chirping isn't annoying anymore. 

evening time and night time, i spend with violet. we chat, listen to music together, prepare food together, watch a bit of tv, chat again, kiss, cuddle and have fun. then we go to sleep.

it's another day well spent.

-

No one's POV

(the next day)

the first half of the day was spent as usual. violet and graham were happily busy in each other's company and when night time rolls around, they want to do something different. as much as they enjoy staying at the flat comfortably, they both agree that they need to get some fresh air and go for a walk. they've been inside for too long.

the night is cold yet lively, traffic is not notable and a light breeze is present in the air that violet and graham are walking thru. it's a weekend.

violet starts to whistle a tune while walking ahead, these two don't have a destination in mind but graham starts doing the same thing while following behind her.

he spots a leaf freshly fallen from the tree above him, he takes a gander and jumps on it to make it crunch and when he lifts his head up, violet has made it far ahead.

he notices violet is stood in front of some building, looking up. graham joins her. for a few moments no one says anything.

"are we sight seeing-" he breaks the silence.

"no actually i've always wanted to visit this place, it's new and a few of my mates say it's a fun place. " she says regarding the bar in front of them.

"but we shouldn't go in. " she starts walking away, she knows graham and a bar is a bad idea.

he stands in place, "we can just check out the interior- just go in, get a whiff of the place erm- smell it, look at it-"

violet is reluctant at first but then she smiles, "ok"

-

violet walks around while inspecting every corner of the vicinity, she is mesmerized. the lights are a muted shade of warm faded colours and they form shapes, sometimes objects on the walls that don't look like walls, they look like the interior of dream land instead.

"it's pretty, quite shoe gazey-" violet comments and looks behind her to find graham touching up his hair in a mirror he found.

violet sneaks up on him and screams which makes him jump a bit, "god!"

she stands back and laughs, "mr. self obsessed. " she teases.

he scoffs, "cmon! there's pressure on me- i have to look pretty for you! " he reciprocates the same energy.

she smiles and drags him deeper into this place, it's trippy and dark. the theme must've been vintage or just drugs hallucinations. graham and violet check out every crevice of this new bar.

"the menu is very weird, don't know half of these dishes. " she has her eyes set on the menu.

"i'd rather eat you" she turns over to him with a purposeful serious look on her face.

"oh yeah- i- reckon i'd be tasty!" he smiles innocently.

they both burst into laughter at their own stupid antics.

graham and violet make their way to the dance floor and it's packed. people are every where, some drunk, some snappy and some dancing. it's the weekend after all.  everyone's off work.

the dance club marks the last destination of graham and violet's impulsive exploration journey. they walk towards the exit door while chatting about the place and how cool it is, it surpassed their expectations.

"excuse me! " a male voice shouts loudly, grabbing their attention.

when violet and graham turn around, a man comes running to them from behind the bar. he is the bartender.

"violet- it's you! and graham! graham coxon! oh my fucking god! i am you two's biggest fan and i never thought i'd meet you two in general or meet you two together! together is even better! i am shaking! fuck! " he says in a quick pace, showcasing the panic and excitement he feels regarding the situation.

"cmon on in! " he drags them both towards the bar and starts talking about violet's movies then graham's songs, his guitar riffs and so on.

he's a talkative man to say the least but graham and violet are enjoying this chat with him. he's a fan who wants to have conversation! he seems super sweet to them both.

"i can't believe this is real- you know what! drinks on the house today! get whatever you want, suit yourself! " the bartender shouts and starts pouring drinks for violet and graham.

there's visible distress on violet's face as she nudges graham's shoulder, signaling for them to leave but he is unbothered. she even protests verbally but he doesn't listen.

the bartender keeps pouring him drinks while chatting about his music, graham keeps getting drunk and drunk. while overhearing their conversation, the secret unravels. violet finds out graham is in blur because the bartender mentions it.

she mouths the word, "blur." while staring off at the bartender and graham with a surprised yet confused look on her face.

"yeah he's the guitarist of blur- this is fucking mental, i get to chat with my favourite actress of all time and graham coxon of blur! i am fucking honoured! " the bartender exclaims.

in fact he goes around informing everyone that graham and violet are in the bar.

graham chuckles and rests his head on violet's shoulder, "hold me darling!" he smiles. he is a clingy, emotional drunk.

violet looks ahead of her while she goes over what just happened. she slams her hand against the table and regrets not memorizing name of blur band members. she thinks of her stupid promise with liam, she broke it.

soon a group of people form around graham and violet, they are all fans. thanks to the bartender, they came to know of graham and violet being here.

graham kicks his feet in the air and cuddles closer to violet while whistling the same tune form earlier. he has a carefree and innocent smile on his face. people around them are shouting, being typical fans.

violet sighs and gives the bartender a look, he reads it perfectly and starts pouring her drinks. there's no way she can get thru all this being sober plus being drunk and having a hangover will make her forget this night forever, she theorizes.

she doesn't know how to feel about this graham - blur situation.

-

violet closes her eyes and smiles, she thinks she has never been this happy. the world is full of sunshine and rainbows and graham is the cutest boy she has ever met. she is drunk but the last part, she'd probably think that being sober too.

she pulls graham close to her face, "hello! " she smiles.

"i- you look so sexy in black v! it's driving me crazy! i am so bad! oh take me home and  punish me! " he says in in a crazy dazed tone. violet isn't even wearing black today, it's just that his old feelings of when they first met are resurfacing.

"i will! " she shouts in his face in response.

suddenly music fills graham and violet's ears. funny enough they both have the same response to it. graham and violet break into a dance and when they realise they are both dancing in sync, they pull each other closer and start dancing together.

graham pushes her back down on the chair and gives her a very messy lap dance then they both get on the table and she pulls him closer to her by the collar of his t shirt, 

"you have lovely eyes!"

"you look so cute!"

"you are a great lap dance giver!"

"and- you have the nicest backside i've ever seen!'

"also- i like the way your hands look!" she goes on to say all that. drunk violet has a tendency to be fun, flirty and nice. she gives out compliments like free coupons.

"thank you so much v!" graham smiles wide and lays a kiss on her forehead.

they both get down walk out just a little bit when they are met with people holdings cameras and mics, asking all sorts of questions. the familiar flashes of the paparazzi evade the night, someone must've called them.

"are you and graham friends?" 

"does liam know about this?"

"does damon know about this?"

"are you single or not, graham?"

"where's the loo?"

"how did you meet violet?" 

"does blur like violet?"

graham and violet are bombarded with questions like these. though, for once they don't feel like they are suffocating, they are blissfully unaware of the storm unfolding around them because they too drunk to give a fuck.

graham wraps his arms around her waist and rests his forehead against hers while slightly rocking back and forth. her hands also land on his fluffy and messy hair. they stand like that in front of the camera and get their pictures taken unknowingly.

everyone present there except graham and violet know that this was going to do rounds, this news is going to cause the most havoc. the next day papers are expected to be titled such as liam's girlfriend violet messing around with the guitarist his rival band or whatever.

this is also the time, damon goes to graham's flat to check on him but he finds it to be empty. unaware of graham's outing with violet, damon goes back home.

-

"how did you two meet?' amongst the sea of questions, violet and graham's ears pick up on this one.

"where did we meet?" violet looks at graham as he giggles in response.

"do you two have a common ground or something, violet do you like music? do you play guitar too?" he adds onto his question.

"huh? i've never touched a guitar in my life but- a guitarist- perhaps maybe." she winks which makes everyone cheer. she looks at graham with a smile on her face, he blushes and pulls her even more closer to him.

"violet does blur like you?"

graham shares a look with violet first then the person asking the question, "who's blur?" everyone breaks into laughter.

"who's in blur?" violet follows it up.

"do you like blur violet?"

"do you like graham?"

she puts her hand over his shoulder, "he's like a erm- cute and sexy nerd!!! who's a great lap dancer giver and- and! makes great tea in tiny matching little cups, what's there not to like!" this causes him to blush and cover his face behind his palms.

she takes his glasses off him and wears them, "am i cute and sexy like him yet?" she teases.

"oh just kiss me already!" graham says in a grumpy but amorous tone. 

then violet plants a kiss on his cheek. 

violet kissing graham on the lips while wearing his glasses as he has his arms around her waist, them being gutsy, romantic and goofing around all captured in one frame.

that's the picture that will have ended up on the papers tomorrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 291 21
"𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗘, 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳. 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗮𝘄 𝗵𝗲𝗿." 𝐋𝐈𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍...
40.7K 869 17
Life doesn't run smooth for Penny Lane, and being named after a Beatles track doesn't help. A complex childhood followed by an even more complex adu...
8.4K 306 10
{early 90s gramon au} damon albarn is a tired teenage celebrity just looking for some peace and privacy. upon moving to a small english city where no...
6.1K 79 48
Hannah Thames....A girl living in Manchester who grew up with her friends who were basically her family, the Gallaghers. What happens when she tries...