DARKEST TRUTH

By yan_san_1013

That's a couple people call "Born for each other". They fall in love, fight, and make up so soon. When they'r... More

I. Understand what, hyung?
II. JK? Is it his name?
III. Do I have an option left?
IV. You taste like strawberry
V. Yaa Kim Taehyung!!! Come to your sense!!!
VI. Holi Shit! It was way too quick
VII. Afraid of loosing you
VIII. I'm the water, so I need the fire
IX. Seems like mosquito bites
X. Did you drink again, Kook?
XII. He locked himself up since the morning
XIII. Aish! These smart*ass Kids!
XIV. Hangug Salam Aniyeo?
XV. Bingo! They are cursed with SINGLE STREAM
XVI. He's jealous, Baby Bear!
XVII. How does he know me so well?
XVIII. Flake Prince?
XIX. It's better to be honest sometimes
XX. Promise me you won't freak out
XXI. Looks like I got some old rags to deal with
XXII. All dreams will come true

XI. A life without you? It's meaningless

73 2 2
By yan_san_1013

It's been almost 8 months after that incident.

Yeonjun: Hyung! Am I gonna leave for USA?

JK: Yah, you will leave with Jimin Hyung.

Yeonjun: OK, fine but Hyung, I have a condition.

JK: (furrowed eyes) What's that?

Yeonjun: That dumbo Soobin is not coming with me.

JK: (confused) Who said he'll go along with you?

Yeonjun: So, he is not coming with me? That's a relief. Hyung, I need to go shopping with Jimin Hyung. I'm leaving. Bye bye!

JK: Hmm, Bye!

Yeonjun rushed out.

JK's POV: Wait, Soobin is a good kid, Why does it feel like he's an eyesore to Yeonjun?

??: Hyung!

JK: (looked back) Oh, Soobin! Hei, what happened to you two?

Soobin: Nothing, Hyung!

??: Koooook!!!!!

JK: Taetae? Why are you here?

Tae: Why? (rolled eyes) Can't I come without invitation? You must be Soobinah!! (pinched his cheek) Aww, you're too cute to be a Mafia.

Soobin smiled. It's not the first time he saw Taehyung. He followed him numerous times for security purposes under JK,s order but its the first time for Taehyung.

JK: Don't get fooled by his innocent face, he's pretty dangerous.

Tae: Tsk, ya, ya, I know. Both of you are same. If I haven't met Yeonjunah, I would have thought him your brother. You both are rabbits.

Soobin: (smiled) Jeon Hyung, I'll head for the inspection then.

JK nodded and Yeonjun left. JK lift Tae up and took him upstairs in his room.

Tae: Hei, hold on, Kook! Why do you take me up here always? Isn't your bedroom prohibited for everyone?

JK: Yep, but not for you.

Tae: Why? Coz I'm your best friend?

JK: Nope, Coz you're Kim Taehyung.

Tae: Isn't it the same thing?

JK: Not at all. I would never let any friend enter my room. But you're an exception.

Tae: Why does it sound like a riddle?

JK held Tae's hand and kissed gently and looked at him with deep eyes.

Tae: Now what do you want?

JK: You want the truth or a lie?

Tae: Let's hear your lie first.

JK: (kissed on cheek) I want nothing.

Tae: Alright, tell me the truth.

JK: I want you!

Tae: But Kook, we agreed not to bring it up ever again.

JK: But you wanted to know the truth and the truth is...... I want you.

Tae: Kook! Come to your sense. Its been a long time. and...... What happened that day....... well we were drunk and it..... it was a m.....

JK: (held Tae tight) IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE. Don't lie to yourself Taetae! It was not a mistake. It was a choice, a choice that we...... we made together.

Tae pulled off his hand and cupped JK's face.

Tae: You're just a 17 years old kid. You've no idea what you're saying. You will gradually grow up and understand what I'm trying to say.

JK: So, what are you trying to say? Is it a sin to love someone?

Tae: No, loving someone was never a sin. But the love between us, it's platonic love. We're both boys, Kook! You can't want me.

JK: Why can I not, Tae? You just sent a text saying, "Kook, sorry for last night. Let's not bring it up again, I beg you!" and everything is over? I can hold you in my arm, kiss you anytime, But I can't be your lover. Does it make sense?

Tae: But It's not the right thing, Jungkookie!

JK: What do you mean by it's not right? Don't you love me too?

Tae: Yes, I do! But not as a lover. I love you as my best friend.

JK: (pull closer) No matter what I do to you, you never stop me at all. Don't you think that You're denying your own feelings?

Tae: I never stop you, because if I do, you'll get upset. I don't wanna see you upset. That doesn't mean we can cross the line. The society will never support it. And I can't afford to ruin my dad's reputation, I can't, Kook! It's been half a year after we agreed to it. I'm tired of explaining again and again, Kook!

JK: Did you talk to Dad? How do you know he won't support us?

Tae: (signed) Jungkookie! There is nothing more to talk about this matter. I'm running out of time. I'm leaving for school. I know you have to se off Jiminah and Yeonjun later. So I'll return home alone today. See you tomorrow and up to that, think carefully about what I said. I hope you'll understand.

Tae picked up his bag and left for school.

~TIME SKIP~

AT CITY MALL GATE

JK: So, your shopping is over? I thought it would take a century.

Jm: Tsk! Then we must have disappointed you, Kookie! Let's move to the airport now.

JK: Straight to the airport? Have you brought all your things already?

Yeonjun: Yes, Hyung, we came prepared. Jimin Hyung said it would take a bit time for our shopping so.....

JK didn't say anything, neither Jimin or Yeonjun. They all left for airport silently. Reaching there Yeonjun suddenly hugged JK. JK was caught off-guard.

Yeonjun: Hyung, must I leave the country? Can I not keep living with you? Am I that annoying?(sobbing)

JK: Hei, little monster! Why are you crying? Who said you're annoying?

Yeonjun: (lifting up head) Then why? Why you're pushing me away like this?

JK: (cupped face) Yeonjunah! There is a lot of things I can't tell you, even if I say, you won't understand. Just trust me, please? I'm doing it for your good.

Yeonjun: Then what about you, Hyung? How would you live alone? Why do you want to sacrifice every time? Is there anything good for you here?

JK: (smiled) There is. Moreover, your Taehyungie hyung is there too, you forgot? So don't over think, OK?

Jm: Don't worry, Yeonjunah! Tae will keep him in control. He won't be able to cause troubles.

JK glared at Jimin.

Yeonjun: (hugged) Alright, I will trust you this time.

After they left for USA, Jungkook was left alone again as Soobin was sent out of the city for sorting out things. In the morning, JK argued with Tae and after that, Tae had switched off his phone. Jungkook was not really feeling well physically. So he went back home. 

Taking a quick shower he made rameyon and poached an egg too. Having the dinner quickly he went to bed. Before sleeping he called Taehyung a couple of times. It was still switched off.

JK's POV: He must be mad at me. I have to go find him at his house tomorrow.

~NEXT DAY~

SUBWAY STATION, SEOUL

Soobin: What!! What do you mean by you don't know? Didn't I tell you to keep an eye around?

??: But Boss, King told us to leave. That's why we came back home.

Soobin: No news yet?

??: No, Boss!

Soobin: Ok, wait right there, I will be there in minutes.

Soobin's POV: How can it happen? Everything was alright yesterday. Hyung never turn off his phone unless he's on mission. But if he was in mission, I should be the one to know it first. It's not like my phone died or I switched it off. Taehyungie hyung is not available either. I don't know his any other friend. The phone call I received earlier, it can't be true, right? Aahh don't think nonsense, Soobinah! It can't be true. He is Jeon Junior! He can't be that easy to be caught.

Taehyung's House

JK: Taetae! Taetae!! Where are you?

Maid: Sir, are you searching for young master?

JK: Yes, where is he?

Maid: Sir, we thought he was with you.

JK: What do you mean?

Maid: Sir, young master didn't return home yesterday. He called us and said he will stay with you.

JK: What! He was not with me at all. Why did he lie?

Maid: We have no idea, sir!

JK sat down on the couch and brought out his phone.

JK: Noona, can you manage a charger for me? My phone is dead.

Maid: Sure.

JK took the charger and plugged it in. The maid made some snacks and served for him, JK thanked her for the food but didn't take a single bite from it. He lost his appetite. After almost half an hour, when the phone got enough charge, he called Soobin.

Soobin: Hyung, where are you?

JK: At Taetae's home. Come ASAP.

Soobin: Ok, hyung, I'll be there soon.

Soobin reached soon enough. Entering the house Soobin rushed to JK.

Soobin: Where have you been, Hyung? You scared me! Thank God it was a prank.

JK: I fall asleep, Soobinah! But what do you mean by it was a prank?

Soobin: Earlier, I got a call from Ghangnam Police station. They said they found a disfigured dead body nearby Ghangnam Bridge and it had..... it had......

JK: What? It had what?

Soobin: It had a nameplate with your name on it.

JK: Huh!!! My name on it? How the hell is it possible?

Soobin: Hmm, just like I said..... a Prank.

JK was about to say something but Soobin's phone rang. He passed it to JK.

??: We found this number from Jungkook's speed dial lists. Is it Jungkook's family?

JK: (went with the flow) Yes, it is. What happened?

??: I'm calling from Ghangnam Police Station. We found Jungkook's dead body by Ghangnam Bridge. Please come to the police station ASAP.

JK: (signed) Sure. I'll be right there.

Soobin: What did they say, Hyung?

JK: Looking for my family member. Well, I think something is going on there. We should go and check it out first. Noona! (looking at maid) Here is my number. Please inform me as soon as you get to know about Taetae.

Maid: Sure, I'll call you.

When they reached the police station they were taken to the corpse. They were not prepared to see what they saw there. Soobin grasped audibly and grabbed JK's T-shirt tight.

There was only the skeleton left which was half burned.

Officer: We already did the autopsy as it might be a murder case. We will get the result soon.

JK: Well, you guys said it's the skeleton of Jungkook, right?

Officer: Oh, yes! We found these at the same place. (handing over the packet) You might be his brother, I guess. Please check it yourself.

JK opened and brought out the uniform. It was indeed a uniform of his school and the nameplate stated his name.

JK: (whisper) Strange! How does it has my nameplate on it?

??: Sir, the postmortem report is out.

Officer: Of, give it to me.

JK: What does it state, officer?

Officer: Hmm...... I was right. He was murdered. But wait, isn't it way too cruel? He died last night in between 11 pm to 1 am. First the flesh and organs were detached from the body, maybe with boiled water or some odorless chemical. Then after his bones were rejoined with iron nails, the skeleton was burned until it fell into the water somehow.

Soobin: Are they even human? (closed his eyes)

JK: It must have been done by some crazy psycho*path, it's literally despicable.

??: We found another thing. Here, a phone.

JK's face went pale looking at the phone. He forwarded his hand to take the phone. The sudden shock on Jungkook's face didn't get unnoticed by Soobin.

Officer: Can you recognize it?

Soobin: Hyung, you recognize that?

JK: (looked at Soobin) It looks exactly like Taetae's phone.

Soobin: (panicked) Taehyungie Hyung!! What?? It doesn't make sense. Officer! There must be some misunderstanding. You said the corpse belonged to Jungkook. Jungkook is him (pointing at JK), my Hyung!

Officer: So, you're saying he is Jungkook? Then who's the person lying there?

Soobin: Please show me the report first.

The officer gave it to him.

Soobin: (eyes widen) 20 years old, male, height 1.79m....... Hyung as per the information..... It should be of Taehy~(cut by JK)

JK: Impossible! I don't believe it, I will never!!  I'm taking this phone with me. I need to check it first.

??: If you're talking about the data inside, we already restored it. It's all in this pen drive. You can check it out right here.

Jungkook grabbed the pen drive and entered into his own phone. It was indeed Taehyung's phone, the same password, the date they met for the first time. In gallery there was nothing but a video filmed last night. JK played it. There he saw Taehyung filming himself. He was wearing a mask but it was not a barrier for JK to recognize him.

"Hi, it's me! Kook! Is it you?"

JK gulped. The video continued.

"Hope it's you. Can you see me? It's so dark here. (looking around) 

OK, leave it. Actually I got things to say before I leave. I guess they will boil and roast me soon. It's their usual ritual for the prey and I'm their pray today. They wanted to catch you but don't worry. They won't ever come back to you again. 

Actually you don't know them but I know. You can't win them ever, not only you, as much as I know...... no one can. Well, let me tell you a secret, they are the reason FBI needs you guys. 

They're much more dangerous and cruel than you can ever imagine as a human. I don't know what on earth you did to them but I can't let you get burnt in their hands. They are Most importantly they are........(closing eyes)... ah leave it. (looking around again) 

Listen, Kook! Don't you dare to blame me for it later, OK? (smiled) You should thank me instead as I'm gonna confess to you (chuckled) 

Look into my eyes...... I love you, stupid bunny! I lied to you, I'm sorry.  I love you not as a friend, we can't be friends Kook! I love you as my man.  

I don't like boys but......(smiled) I fell for your stupid smile, I fell for your innocent eyes, I fell for calming voice.......and........ and your cooking skill, your way of fighting...... everything, or else I would have never allowed you to touch me like you do (smiled).

Oh, another thing, I have a gift box in my room. I bought it for your birthday. It's right under my bed. Don't forget to grab it. You will love it.

I thought I would celebrate it well this year but You know what, Kook? Life is so cruel, If I knew it before, I would have never scolded you this morning. Wish I could tell you all these things holding your hand, looking through your eyes, but alas! Now it's too late. I would never see you again. (looked down and wiped tears)"

Trying his best to hold back his sobbing, Soobin looked at Jungkook who was looking at the person in the video with fire eyes. The video continued.

"Leaving without seeing that black doe eyes and cutest bunny smile...... its a pity (pout).. Wish I was a bit stronger to protect you from them, but it's OK. I would protect you with my life. I can't stay alive in a world where there is no YOU. A life without you? It's meaningless. 

Promise me one thing, Kook! You'll stay alive. You must stay alive, you understand me? I know you might be mad at me now, or you might hate me as well...... But....  I had to do it. They always wipe out the bloodline. I can't involve your whole family here!

And don't worry about my family. My family is only Dad and they won't be able to find him that easily. And lastly...... hold a funeral for me, please? They won't burn me to ashes, they will spare the bones for funeral. Cute, right? Ah~ I need to go now. Take care, Koo! Love you so much."

That's the end of the video.

JK: I guess you have a copy of it. Can I take this with me?

Officer: Sure, you can have it. And also the corpse, as we're already done with the autopsy.

JK: Soobin!

Soobin nodded as he understood the job. Taking the phone and pen drive, JK rushed out and get inside the car. Leaving the station behind, he headed to Seoul. His brain stopped functioning long ago, it's the overwhelming emotion that's driving him forward.

JK's POV: KIM TAEHYUNG! Who the hell do you think you are? That corpse lying out there.... you want me to believe its you? In your dreams! They don't know you, they didn't touch your body, but I did, Tae! Those hands....... I know them well. That skeleton's hand is not as tall as yours. 

No! Your hands are even taller than me, Tae! You think you can fool me with an emotional video and that f***ing skeleton! Well, I know you're an amazing actor but your acting doesn't work on me. Just wait, KIM TAEHYUNG! I'll find you. No matter how long it takes, I will find you!

Your word doesn't even make sense, Taetae! How did you even thought of making me believe. You're dead and I have to hold the funeral? Like...... seriously? Where the hell your Dad is, huh? Roasting a human... that's what you called their ritual, right? Well, your imagination is wildest as expected.

There is a limit of making ups, don't you think? You make it sound like they are all like cannibals. As if you were hunted by some kind of tribal living in South African Jungle! (signed deeply) Oh God! Where is he? Why on earth is he doing it to me? 

Please Taetae come back. I hope I will see you when I return to your house, yes, it has to be like this Don't lose hope, Jungkook! Just keep patience. He can't just leave like this after confessing with that much sincerity. You'll have to find him. Its a must! Why are you doing it, Taetae! Please stop with this prank! It's not funny at all.

[Hi, lovely readers! Have you ever wondered..... How does it feel like receiving a confession from your love of life just after losing him with his ridiculous explanation of a mysterious death? How does it feel like when you can't figure out is it a nightmare or reality? How does it feel like when your complicated life turns into something even more suspicious? That's how Kook is feeling right now. He is the F****** Mafia King but what's the use of being the Emperor if you can't even protect a single Kim Taehyung from his so called strong group?

I'm the author but you know? I'm one of the biggest Taekook believer. Even though its just a story I 'm writing myself, it hurts! It really hurts!!

So, sweet readers, don't forget to take care of yourself and your beloved one. Enjoy reading.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 1.2K 30
Summary: This is a story wherein ๐ŸŒŸHansung ( Kim Taehyung), is one of the prince of Jeoseon. The boy is cheerful and curious. He never loved being...
393K 29.2K 56
Taehyung and Jungkook had been in a relationship for the past 8 year. There's nothing that they love more than each other. But the rest of the world...
303K 12.7K 24
[COMPLETED] Jeon Jungkook had to marry a boy against his will due to his family decisions but that boy wasn't just some typical abusive and alcoholic...
73.6K 5.6K 46
All superheroes doesn't wear cape.... Whether it's a thorny path with no one by your side, don't be afraid and walk alone. Taehyung tries to fight fo...