奔跑後的落葉- Wither x Skeleton Fan...

Da thatsmolgrape

//奔跑後的落葉// bēn pǎo hòu de lùo yè ** I looked through the clear glass of the classroom, hoping to see him. The... Altro

大家好!
殘忍的世界
一年後
那個黑骷髏
時間:八點半
魔法...?
鬼間
他的秘密 (兩之一)
惡夢
否認我心裏的感情;我的英雄
主上,我們發現到他的座標了!
我⋯我喜歡上這蠢貨?!
他們不見了!
1k?! (一千?!)
鬼間冒險變成夢魘
從小我只知邪惡
另一邊
王子殿下
不同的觀點
被他們抓到
只能靠自己
無助滿月 兩之一
TYSM FOR 5k!! (五千多閱讀者!)
無助滿月 兩之二
被附身的他
Hello! Quick update about a new book!
解放他心裡的鎖鏈
太遲的惋惜
逃脫
侵蝕的感情慢慢變成冷漠
我最深的恐懼
平凡的一天、直到⋯
你已經幾夜無眠⋯ 為他站崗。
Thanks for 10k!
透露真相

告白而無法擺脫真相

244 12 11
Da thatsmolgrape

**三十 (Chapter thirty)
eng: Confession, and the inability to escape the truth.

A/n: Real quick... Y'all will hate me because of this. I'm the queen of slowburn, sorry not.

This chapter is also one of the most important ones regarding Wither. It may be slightly confusing at first, but you'll see.

~

Wither

~

"I beg your pardon? My father? Last I checked, my father was dead. Oh, and he was a wither skeleton."

"If that is what you've believed your entire life, then my plan was successful. You are no ordinary wither skeleton, Ash. You know damn well that your abilities are abnormal." He approaches me, his eerie gaze never failing to send shivers down my spine.

"Who even are you? What do you want with me?" I was getting impatient. This was a waste of my time, and it was likely just another one of the Lord's tricks to lure me back to the Nether.

"Must we get into this conversation every time you come here? It's getting tiring answering the same questions over and over. If you're asking who I am specifically, you know me as your savior. Ring a bell?"

"The savior is just some bullshit myth made up by the Lord. Who really are you?"

"...Do you mean like my actual name, or..."

"Yes! I mean no! I mean... Just tell me who you really are!"

"I am your creator. You are a glitch in our world, as am I. Your abilities and your personality were all created by me. You're welcome, by the way."

"What kind of bullshit is that?!"

"Goodness, Ash. Must I prove it to you every single time you come here?" The glow in his eyes dim slightly.

Every time I come here? His wording only confused me more.

"What do you mean by every single time I come here?"

"Well, every time you've fallen unconscious you've ended up here. You've been here dozens of times, though you never seem to have recollection of what happens in here. I'm pretty sure it isn't part of your code or your binary make up, it's just locked away somewhere in that head of yours. Neat, isn't it?"

"As if I'd believe any of that!"

"I can return those memories to you as proof, if you'd like. It's getting quite boring in this quiet little dimension." He waves his hand, a bright light engulfing my vision. I instinctively close my eyes.

"...Remember now?"

In an instant, a surge of memories flood through my mind. It got to the point where my head felt like it was going to explode.

I gasp once the painful sensation ends, snapping my eyes open. He stood right in front of me, quietly observing me.

"What kind of sick enchantment is this?! Did the Lord put you up to this?!"

"Lord? Oh, you mean of the Nether? Of course not. I could snap him out of existence if I wanted to."

Whatever he did was severely messing with my mind. I couldn't think straight, and my eyes darting all around in a frantic panic.

His name and relationship to me was clear now. He was x̵̥̟͘̚͝ͅx̸̡̺̙̖͚̰́̊̀x̶̧̭̘͉̺̖̣͖͙͛̿̿̆̎̈́̃͆͘̕͜x̶̺̖̥̰̦̣̬̓̽̕̕, and my existence was solely determined by him. He was always within me.

I recall back to the night of the Full Moon Ceremony. It was him who performed it. The whole scene played as a memory of mine, but I knew that this memory didn't belong to me. He had complete control over me.

Many similar memories play in my head. The most terrifying memory was of the moment when I first met him. He truly was my creator, the one who put me into existence.

And I was just some glitch that he contained into the body of a mob.

"Truth hurts, doesn't it? Your reaction is more or less the same every time. You and I are both glitches, two beings that shouldn't even exist."

I wanted to deny everything, but I couldn't. It explained my abilities. It explained my weaknesses and who I was as a whole.

I am just a glitch.

~

"Wither!" Someone sighs. "Guys, he isn't waking up..."

"Wait, he's moving!"

My eyes snap open and I sit up instantly. I was transported back to the floor of that house.

"Woah, woah, settle down, dude! You've been unconscious for over an hour! You need to take it easy..." The whole class sat in a circle around me, their faces painted with worried expressions.

Herobrine enters the room. "Oh, he's awake. Well done, class."

At the sight of him, I scurry backwards. His eyes were identical to his...

"Dude, you alright? You look like you've just seen a ghost!" Zombie says. The others nod in agreement. I sit there quietly, not uttering a response.

"Oh! Well, if you're wondering where Skeleton is, he is super worried about you. In fact, I think you should tell him you're awake!" Slime says, almost suggestively, "He's sitting alone outside!"

The others practically shove me outside before slamming the door shut behind them. There Skeleton was, draped in his cloak. He had his back turned, and his knees were pulled close to his chest.

I put my own issues aside and walk over to him, worried. I gently tap his shoulder, not wanting to startle him.

"Wither, you're awake!" He exclaims, "Are you okay?! I'm really sorry about the way I acted earlier... I should've offered to come with you instead of letting you go off alone..."

"Skeleton, it's no big deal," I say.

"No big deal? Wither, Herobrine found you passed out on his floor! On top of that, you were barely breathing! Do you have any idea how worried I was?!" His voice was shaky. I could tell he was desperately trying to hold in tears. My heart churned at the sight.

"...I'm sorry." It was all I could think of to say. Watching Skeleton being so distressed and worried over my wellbeing was not something I ever wanted.

"No, I am...," he says quietly, "Sometimes I just say things without thinking... But the thing is, I... I care about you, Wither. If anything ever happened to you, I wouldn't know what to do..."

I take a seat next to him, gently patting his shoulder. "Don't worry so much, Skeleton. I'm okay. I am fully capable of taking care of myself."

"I know," he says quietly, "It's just..." He goes silent for a few moments, turning his head away.

My gaze softens. I didn't press on, enjoying the moment of silence between us. The silence was peaceful, a solemn and pleasant feeling. That feeling went away when I remember the encounter I had with him. I attempt to ward off these thoughts, but they just kept coming back. They circulate again and again through my mind, a never ending cycle of nothing but despair.

"Wither...?" Skeleton whispers, snapping me out of my thoughts, "Can I tell you something?"

Nodding quickly, I reply with a weak, "Sure."

"Wither, I..." His cheeks were flushed as he fiddled with his hands nervously. I was a bit confused by his change in demeanor, but nodded as a signal for him to continue.

He hesitates, closing his mouth before reopening it. He takes a deep breath, mentally preparing himself for whatever he's about to say.

"I love you," he says quickly.

I blink, staring back at the nervous stray in front of me. It took my brain a few seconds to register what he meant.

He loves me? He loves... WAIT WHAT?!

My mind goes completely haywire upon realizing. I was in a complete state of shock, rendering me speechless.

"F-Forget I said anything." He stands up quickly, obviously embarrassed. I couldn't say anything, a sudden lump in my throat kept me from doing so. Instead, I stand up quickly and grab his wrist firmly.

He looks confused and embarrassed at the same time. I then realize I hadn't said anything yet, Skeleton clearly taking that as a rejection.

I clear my throat, trying to maintain eye contact with Skeleton as I faced him.

"Um, Skeleton, I..." Love you too. Why did I have so much trouble saying it?

I try again, this time with a bit more confidence. Nothing comes out.

You're just a glitch, my mind whispers, x̵̥̟͘̚͝ͅx̸̡̺̙̖͚̰́̊̀x̶̧̭̘͉̺̖̣͖͙͛̿̿̆̎̈́̃͆͘̕͜x̶̺̖̥̰̦̣̬̓̽̕̕x̵̥̟͘̚͝ͅx̸̡̺̙̖͚̰́̊̀x̶̧̭̘͉̺̖̣͖͙͛̿̿̆̎̈́̃͆͘̕͜x̶̺̖̥̰̦̣̬̓̽̕̕...

I rip my hand away from Skeleton's, feeling nothing but fear and guilt. My mind whispered the same thing again and again, reminding me that I was nothing but a glitch.

"x̵̥̟͘̚͝ͅx̸̡̺̙̖͚̰́̊̀x̶̧̭̘͉̺̖̣͖͙͛̿̿̆̎̈́̃͆͘̕͜x̶̺̖̥̰̦̣̬̓̽̕̕x̵̥̟͘̚͝ͅx̸̡̺̙̖͚̰́̊̀x̶̧̭̘͉̺̖̣͖͙͛̿̿̆̎̈́̃͆͘̕͜x̶̺̖̥̰̦̣̬̓̽̕̕," A voice says behind me. "x̵̥̟͘̚͝ͅx̸̡̺̙̖͚̰́̊̀x̶̧̭̘͉̺̖̣͖͙͛̿̿̆̎̈́̃͆͘̕͜x̶̺̖̥̰̦̣̬̓̽̕̕!"

In a panic, I teleport far away. When I opened my eyes, I was met with a familiar desolate void.

~

Skeleton

~

I stood there, absolutely stunned. My body felt absolutely numb as I stood there. I was paralyzed in place, unable to move. The only mob I ever had any romantic feelings for just left me there, standing alone. I felt like a complete idiot for even considering confessing to him.

"Soooo, how did it... Wait, where did he..." I barely noticed the presence of the others behind me. I felt lightheaded, wishing I had the ability to teleport to the most desolate and distant place in the Overworld. I wanted to be anywhere but here. For the first time in my life, I wanted to be alone.

"Skeleton...?" Slime says, hopping beside me, "Is everything okay...?" I don't even turn to look at him, instead nodding and staring straight ahead. I take a shaky breath before feigning a smile, praying to Notch that I'm able to contain my tears.

"Yeah! Of course I'm alright... Why wouldn't I be?" I was surprised at how well I was able to hide the sadness in my voice. The others seem surprised as well, subtly exchanging glances.

"Are... Are you sure? We all saw what happened, Skeleton..."

"...W-Were you guys spying on us...?" I felt mortified. I was already embarrassed enough after being rejected like that... But everyone had to witness it?

"We're sorry," Enderman says, bowing his head down in shame, "We just wanted to help you both get together..."

"..." Well look how that turned out. Way to go, Atlas. You should've kept your feelings to yourself.

"...I'm going to take a walk," I say quietly. I walk into the woods, my eyes trained to the ground. I no longer try holding in my tears, letting them flow freely. I lean up against a tree, sobbing pathetically into my hands. My heart was broken, so broken and alone.

A cool breeze swept over me, sending a couple shivers down my spine. I look longingly at my classmates in the distance, who looked worried. I then stare at the continuous forest in ahead of me, reminiscing about my family.

Maybe Wither's rejection was a calling for me to move on. A calling to move on from Monster School, and to finally find the truth about my family.

So, after collecting myself and my tears, I venture through the vast forest in search of answers. I had no idea if I was even headed the right way... But frankly, what else did I have to lose?

~

Completed: 10/29/23
Published: 11/30/23

A/n: I apologize for how shitty this chapter is... I've kinda lost motivation for this book and I've got a lot going on irl :,) Don't expect a chapter this Sunday.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

140K 4.3K 47
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
145K 5.2K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
163K 7.9K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
1M 33.7K 60
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...