Sweet Love (NG5)

Por pseudoannie

(Complete) After decades, it's the end of an era on The Point. Change is inevitable and Will Drake doesn't li... Más

Sweet Love
1 - No Hailey
2 - Virginia
3 - Family
4 - Home
5 - Secret
6 - The best two
7 - Nick
8 - Duty
9 - Spring break
10 - Rumors
11 - Kitty Kat
12 - Pops
13 - The Point
14 - Her dream
15 - Blacklisted
16 - Maine
17 - Retired
18 - The same
19 - New boss
20 - Change
21 - Secrets
22 - New
23 - Double agent
24 - The man
26 - Limited
27 - Vacation
28 - Friends
29 - Chef to chef
30 - Womb mate
31 - Just friends
32 - Happiness
33 - Again
34 - Self centered
35 - For good
36 - Merry Christmas
37 - Tickets
38 - No secrets
39 - BFF
40 - Number four
41 - Tequila
42 - Chef
43 - Break
44 - Now
45 - Love
46 - Timing
47 - Yelp
48 - Venti
49 - Helpless
50 - Team
51 - Blah, blah, blah
52 - Commencement
53 - Favor
54 - After all
55 - Everyone
56 - Can't
57 - March

25 - Offense

575 127 27
Por pseudoannie

Will moved as fast as he could around the people when he heard Kat at the door. One minute he was gloating slightly about being right, the next panic took over. He was thinking like the man ultimately liable.

When he saw the asshole pin Kat, his only concern was her. Thankfully, his wingman was right behind him. The urge to protect her was strong, and he heard his heart beating in his ears over the din of the crowd socializing.

After he returned to his table, and Mike started singing, he could smell her scent. It was garlic, but also something nice. Internally chastising himself, he turned his focus to Mike. Cole pulled Anna in as he dedicated a song to his daughter.

The evening had been full of surprises with Kat's pasta special and the salad she made for him. It tasted better than the salad they served at the inn for lunch. The flavor of the pesto shrimp and lemony dressing complemented each other. He couldn't deny Kat had talent. Will wouldn't push back if she wanted to add salads to the menu.

Mike dedicated his last song to his wife. When he finished, everyone clapped with a few whistles bouncing around. "Thanks. You've been great. I'll be back in June with the wonderfully talented Lana Harris. Weather permitting we'll set up outside. I know we had to turn people away, but I represent the fire department and safety first." Cheers went up from some of his friends from the station.

As Mike told everyone to drive safely, Will wished one of them could have been the bouncer instead of Kat. Mike must have thought something similar because he put down his guitar and walked to Kat who stood by the door as customers filed out.

Will watched as she shook her head. She had changed into shorts and her hair was down. He didn't realize it had a wave to it, nor had he noticed her legs before. The last thing he needed was to notice feminine things about his employee. Still, he walked over to her. A spicy floral scent had replaced the garlic scent.

"I'm an EMT. The least I can do is make sure you weren't hurt. Does it hurt when you breathe in?"

She took a deep breath. "No. I'm fine. I enjoyed your music."

He smiled. "I enjoyed your pasta."

Her cheeks turned a hue of pink. "Thanks."

Will had noticed she was shy about compliments. "My salad was incredible. You should add it to the menu."

More pink. "I want to. Maybe I'll name it for you."

Will chuckled. "Like Rick's coffee?"

She nodded while Mike chuckled. "I have to pack up."

Will looked around; the place had emptied. Even Mari was gone. Kat looked at him. "Can I talk to you?"

He nodded as she led him to the backroom. "What's up?"

"Things aren't going well with me and the man."

Will hated that name more than invisaboss. "Why?"

"He's changing his mind about the addition. Well, not completely. He wants me to commit to staying."

"Do you want to leave?"

"I will if he shoots down all my ideas."

Will felt like a heel. "Devil's advocate, they build you a baking area and you get a better offer and give your notice."

She looked at her feet. "They hire a baker."

"As good as you?" She shrugged but refused to look at him. "They obviously know this isn't a restaurant."

"No, but I have ideas."

Will smiled. "If they are as good as the salad."

She finally looked up. "Some are better."

"Then tell them to your boss."

She flung her arms around him. "Thanks. You always make me feel better."

Will stepped back, and it wasn't because he didn't like her hug. She felt feminine in his arms, something he missed since Hailey dumped him.

"I'm all set. Thanks again."

Kat rushed past Will to the door. "Bye Mike. You were great!"

Will stood with his hands in his pocket, just in case they wanted to reach out and touch her soft skin. He had officially lost it. "I should go. Don't you have to get up early?"

"Every day."

He knitted his brow. "You should have a day off." Two, if he remembered the schedule.

"What am I going to do with a day off? I have Oliver's kitchen on Monday. That's how I'm spending my day off."

"What are you making?"

"It's a surprise. Too bad you don't eat sugar."

"I might just work extra hard to make up for it. It's really important for me to show up in top physical condition."

"You look like you already are."

He laughed. "Have you been checking me out?"

"No! It's hard not to notice with the tight shirts you wear. I'm surprised you weren't on the calendar."

He laughed a full belly laugh. "Too young. Maybe the next one."

"You are young." Kat looked at him like he was a child.

He felt the need to prove otherwise. "Only by a couple of years. Believe me, I'm mature for my age." Except when it comes to women. He dove in head first like a teenager. Don't dive.

"Did I insult you? I didn't mean anything by it, except you haven't been to the school of hard knocks."

"Except I get knocked to the ground for a living." And suffered heart ache.

"It's just not the same."

"As what?" When Will stepped closer, he could see her blue eyes had lost their sparkle. His pockets saved him from doing something stupid.

"Nothing." Her voice was like a wisp of wind. She cleared her throat. "You're right I have to get up early. I'll let you out."

"Kat, if you need a friend, um, just a friend, I'm here."

She forced a thin smile. "Until July."

He nodded. "Then there's a phone. I, um, hope you stay here for a long time."

She chuckled. "You just like my salad."

He laughed. "Good night."

The deception twisted Will up. Occasionally, he forgot he was 'the man'. Did he want her to stay for his business or for another reason? For The Landing he told himself as he drove the short distance home. Walking across the causeway at night was never advised. The road only had a thin shoulder and there were no street lamps.

His condo felt like home to him. Even his mother liked it and Nora Drake had opinions. He had heard enough of them about Hailey. The weekend his parents came to Buffalo had been a disaster. Honestly, he thought Hailey would leave him then. Neither of his parents could understand him dating a girl who didn't like football. Then Nora rearranged the utensils after Hailey set the table. She didn't hide her dislike for the pasta they served. Hailey tried by saying he needed carbs before a game. To make it worse, it was chickpea pasta because Hailey was on a gluten-free kick. Her fad didn't last long. Will ate whole wheat pasta during the season.

The weekend was a shit show including the non discrete lecture she gave him about Hailey living with him. The whole Point knew he wasn't a virgin, surely his sorted past had reached his mother's ears. Hailey's response was to straddle him in bed later that night. A guy was a guy, and he didn't shut her down even though his parents were in the next room. She sure as hell didn't keep her promise to be quiet. Luckily, neither had to face his parents in the morning. Hailey left early for work, and he went to the stadium before they woke. Later after he caught the winning touchdown, Will Senior and Nora were too proud to mention his sex life.

His mother wanted him to meet a girl from Massachusetts, but unless he was lucky enough to get traded, he never planned to live in his home state again. Will wasn't even looking to meet anyone, since he could only stay in Maine half the year. Still, a warm body to snuggle up to in bed would be nice. When Kat crossed his mind, he reminded himself to keep his hands off.

Weekends were no different from work days for Will. He still did the same workout. There were more people when he ran through the streets. Stopping in for coffee, he expected to see her.

Martha greeted him. "I try not to take offense. You always stink when you come to see me. Get it offense." She laughed loudly at her own joke.

"Martha, you're a gem. Just coffee."

When she came back with the cup, she leaned in. "I heard about last night."

Will frowned. "Did you see the boss this morning?"

"Yup. We had a lull, so she went up. Something about paperwork."

Will nodded and tipped his cup. "Thanks."

Although the tables were full, he didn't stop. Very few were his neighbors. The cars in the lot confirmed customers were driving to the coast for Rick's coffee. Smiling, he sipped his coffee while he walked home.

After delving into the data, Will couldn't deny that sales were up. Sighing, he would have to find a balance between maintaining The Landing he loved and embracing change.

After the busy weekend, Will welcomed the break. Mondays were like Thursdays because Kat would return with baked goods. It was like a flash sale although Kat's pastries weren't cheap. When a notification came through on his phone he smiled. People would flock to buy the sweet treats.

Thanks for reading and voting ⭐️

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

706 63 17
Jodie has a crush on Ethan Majors, a popular senior who's destined to be the next big football star. But he has no clue about her feelings. When thei...
2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
Seasons Por sunah

Novela Juvenil

15.4K 268 49
"I'll always be here, you know that, Rose." Insta-love something I dread but something I crave... Azariah D'Amore BH University's second most talked...
1.8K 518 27
Megan has never been good at facing problems so as soon as she buries her mother she runs off to Lynwood with her friend Zoe to find peace but then s...