Inheritance

By michelle_thooo

[Excerpt]: "Does it bother you?" He asked, after an incisive moment of silence. "Does...what bother me?" I im... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
A/N❗️⚠️
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
The Huntress: Awakening *Update*
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39 (Kendall's POV)
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 (Kendall's POV)
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51

Chapter 40

269 17 1
By michelle_thooo

Blinding camera lights and phone flashes from paparazzi clouded my vision, as I attempted to park my jeep at the valet service line. Stepping out of the matte vehicle, I could hear numerous strangers calling out my name, but the walled fence prevented me from identifying any of the prying eyes of the public. 

In the last few weeks, I'd noticed how the media had been working uncannily hard to pinpoint the exact arrival times of each place I visited. It was strange.

As expected, Kendall had made good on his promise and arranged for us to share a Saturday evening dinner. Because he had prior obligations, he suggested we meet at the restaurant separately, which I had fervently cosigned. Considering, we were more than likely bound to get... distracted, if we'd chosen to ride together.

Promptly after lending my car keys to the awaiting attendant, I was escorted by private security to a secluded entrance of the luxury restaurant. As they led me through a dark exterior corridor, I felt consciously overwhelmed by the many sets of unfamiliar faces stilled on me. Combined with the chilly winter air, I began to rethink the rash decision to decline Kendall's initial offer to dine at his estate. 

While my nose increasingly reddened by the second, I attempted to stop my teeth from aggressively chattering. Though I wore a rather thick faux fur jacket, I was keenly becoming aware of how much unprotected skin my ribbed top exposed to the frothy air. Releasing a loud exhale, I continued to follow security through the willowing tunnel.

"Sasha! Wow, you look amazing! Please, can I get a quick picture of you!" A random paparazzi member noted, seeming to appear out of nowhere to snap a sequence of purposefully off-guard photos of me. 

Using one of my ringed hands to shield my face, I became even more precarious of the unprecedented attention I had been receiving. Yes, it was true that having the Milton last name had made me quite well-known around the tristate area. However, the persistent media frenzy that had been occurring within the last few weeks was far too much for even someone like me to wrap my head around. 

It wasn't until yesterday that I happened to come across an entertainment magazine citing Patricia's name all over the gossip section, as she threatened to disclose "juicy details" about the nature of Kendall and I's professed scandalous affair. After quickly skimming over the sensationalized contents of the article, it was then that I realized the cause of all the recent attention I'd been receiving from the public.

As to be anticipated from someone possessing a character as defamed as Patricia's, the article was full of false accounts and imaginary pretenses alluding to a comical storyline of how I had conjured up some grand ploy to steal Kendall away from her. From then, it became obvious that she was the one to blame for the snooping media's growing resolve to track my every move.

It seemed that they're underlying mission was to uncover more information on New York's most eligible bachelor and his potential  situationship with a Milton.

"You can enter inside this way, m'am." One of the burly security guards directed, as he held the door open for me and I gratefully rushed into the further concealed establishment.

We walked down a dim hall, before entering the larger ground floor space. Passing through the VIP section, I could make out Kendall's dark locks as his tawny back faced me. He seemed to be preoccupied by an intense phone conversation, sidetracking him as I slowly approached him. 

Pausing only to thank the security guards who'd safely escorted me thus far, I silently continued on my way to him alone. Once I reached the table where he was distractedly seated, I tried to place a hand on his shoulder to sparingly catch him off guard. However, as if instinctively sensing my touch, he roughly grasped my wrist before it could fully land on his shoulder.

When his head annoyedly swung in my direction, for a second, I could detect the glimmer of something dangerous in his jade eyes. However, I didn't have long to dwell on the thought because he soon after recognized who I was, causing his expression to soften and his phone call to end. Eventually realizing how tightly he'd been gripping onto my wrist, he quickly removed his hand from the sore joint and I immediately rubbed it in pain. 

What the heck was that all about?

"Sasha, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you." He cleared his throat, already standing from his chair. 

I wasn't quite sure of the precise reason why, but something seemed uncannily off about him. Shaking my head and ridding myself of the non-conducive thoughts, I offered him a brim smile. He echoed the gesture, bringing me into his chest. I inhaled his unforgettably strong, cherry aroma, while he lowered his chin to gift me with a feather-like kiss on my forehead.

My arms impulsively responded by traveling at a sensually slow pace around his definitive shoulder blades; making sure to douse over every dip and curve of his impeccable muscles. When I was finished with my inspection, my hands clasped back together at the midline of his back. 

Kendall reacted to my unexplained touchiness by releasing a faint groan, then dipping his hands dangerously low along my back to squeeze my ass through my leather pants. His possessive move to pull me in closer to his body caused my ample breasts to smother against his chest.

"It's okay." I offered him a snide chuckle, then reluctantly removed myself from his suffocating hold as he continued to glare down at me with unbridled desire. When his electric gaze moved to my glossed lips, I sucked in my lower lip in an unsuccessful attempt to stop myself from drooling over how hot he looked.

It was no secret that the sexual tension between the two of us was physically and emotionally palpable. I almost pitied the poor man for how patient he had been with me, even when I could sense what he wanted each time we were together. 

From what I'd gathered this far, Kendall was a surprisingly patient man. We hadn't had sex or any form of penetration until a few days ago. And that was only with his fingers. I knew I wanted him, that was for sure. But, I was scared of the disappointment. 

What would happen if we waited all this time to have sex and, when we finally did, it wasn't as good as he'd expected it to be? Would he leave me because I lacked experience?

Oh gosh, I sounded so pathetic.

Kendall's silence caused me to return my focus to his perfectly-constructed face. However, his black orbs were now stuck to my exposed cleavage, while his brows furrowed inward. He obviously wanted to say something crude, but the presence of nearby restaurant dwellers acted as a sufficient buffer.

"Here, let me take this." He offered, walking behind me to help remove my thick coat.

I nodded my head, as his strong hands roamed my shoulders, gently pulling the heavy material down my arms. As he did so, his fingertips intentionally jolted down my bare skin, sending goosebumps through every spot they managed to land. After he placed my coat behind a chair I assumed was mine, I felt his warm breath tread softly along my deep brown skin. 

Releasing a soft breath, I could feel his stony presence hover behind me. My eyes closed temporarily, imagining what would happen next if we'd been alone.

"Hello, Mr. Fine. Miss Milton. What can I get you two started with today?" A waiter greeted, immediately snapping me from my lustful urges. 

Kendall pulled out the same chair my coat was placed on, so that I could sit down. He then returned to the seat across from me and proceeded to order our food. The waiter responded by quickly jolting down the order on his tablet device. When he left, Kendall returned his overbearing gaze to me.

"So, how have you been, Sasha?" He coaxed, as he folded his arms together, and leaned back in his seat to watch me.

"Great, really. How are you?" I asked, sending him an inquisitive stare. Why did he still make me so nervous?

"I've actually been quite busy with some of the new projects I've been developing at Kirks & Marsh, but I rather not bore you with the minor details." He answered, then used his thumb to tweedle with his full bottom lip. 

"What about at Milton Co.? Anything new going on there?" He added, still never removing his perceptive gaze from me.

"Nothing new. Well, actually Frank has this dumb idea to-nevermind, I also don't want to bore you with all the complicated drama of my family's business." I croaked, toying with the Hermes bracelet on my wrist.

"Trust me, you wouldn't be boring me. I want to know." He divulged, causing me to take a peak at him. To my surprise, he seemed invested. Almost too invested...

Stop it, Sasha. Perhaps Frank's skepticism had gotten to me far more than I'd expected.

Kendall, as discerning as ever, seemed to quickly pick up on my hesitance and changed the subject.

"So, you know Sean and Isabella's joint bachelor parties are next week. I was thinking we could go together." He suggested, his dark gaze studying my reaction.

See Sasha, nothing to worry about.

"Go together...where?" I asked, having no clue that a bachelor party was even happening. 

Given Isabella never directly mentioned it to me, would it really be okay for me to attend? To her defense, I had been secretly snuggled away with Kendall for the entirety of her and Sean's New Year's Eve event, so she likely never had the opportunity to extend an invitation. That is, if she even planned to.

"The Bahamas. I know, I'm quite surprised by their choice as well." Kendall commented, still waiting for an answer.

"Well, what about room and board?" I inquired, feeling like a one week notice didn't allot any sane person a practical amount of time to make the necessary preparations needed for an out-of-country trip.

"Don't worry, you'll be staying in my room. And, we can take my plane." He reasoned, seeming to enjoy seeing me frazzled.

"Wait, share a room? As in, you and me, sleeping together?" I echoed, just as the waiter returned with two stainless glasses and a bottle of Chateau Cheval Blanc.

"Hello, Sir. Miss. Please consider this as a customary addition to your dinner tonight. Courtesy of the owner of this establishment." The waiter explained, as he took his time pouring the deep red wine into two separate glasses. After both were a quarter-way filled, he placed each corresponding glass in front of Kendall and I, then let us know that our ordered items would be ready soon.

"Yes, Sasha. After all, that is what couples do, isn't it? Besides, it's nothing we haven't done before." He resumed after the waiter left, taking a sensual sip from his wine glass while never removing his eyes from me.

"It is. It's just that, you know- we never officially had that conversation. Like, actually putting a label to what we are." I finally managed to slither out, as Kendall patiently set down his wine glass.

Though I had slept over at his place once before, I still got jittery when I thought about staying in a room with him for multiple days. Especially, in a foreign country.

"Well, I suppose I should make this next statement very clear. You are my woman. Meaning, you belong to me. And, I belong to you. In every way possible." The way he spelled out that last part made my heart race faster, as I wondered what exactly belonging to him entailed.

"Good." I decided to say, despite feeling ditsy inside. This caused him to smirk, but he still refused to don a full smile.

"Come here." Kendall murmured after a few moments had passed. His index finger curled inward, as he compelled me to lean over the table.

After I did so, he rewarded me with a chaste peck on the lips that I wished had lasted longer. However, given the very public circumstances, I did my best to savor the brief moment I was given with his soft pink lips.

"What was that for?" I asked. When he didn't say anything in return, I thought he'd chosen to ignore my question. However, his treacherous lips opened an instant later to reveal an answer as forward as a dancer's pointed toe.

"I want to taste you. But, this will have to do for now." He quipped, taking me off guard by his brashness. My thighs instinctively clenched together, as I rubbed them forbiddingly to try to get rid of any brewing arousal.

"Stop it, Kendall." I whispered back, taking a quick look around the room. To my relief, most guests had their eyes and ears locked in on their own conversations.

"Stop what, Sasha? You should know how I can't stop thinking about your tight little pussy. And how good it felt with my fingers buried deep inside you." He continued, a little too loud for my liking.

"People are going to hear you, if you keep talking so loud Kendall." I warned, though he didn't seem the least bit bothered.

"Let them." He said, but still made the adjustment to lower his voice and shake his head.

A few minutes of calm silence passed by before I noticed a small woman in a sleek bun begin to strut towards our table. She wore an all-black pant suit with a button-up blouse and heeled boots. Though she appeared to be in her mid thirties, I could admit she was a stunning woman. A stunning Black woman, at that. 

As she got a little closer to us, I now noticed a small beauty mark perched on the upper right corner of her lips. I couldn't deny the jealousy that crisply took over my emotions, as I wondered what business she had approaching our vicinity with such unruffled confidence.

Her chalky eyes scanned the area, before narrowing down on Kendall. Because his back was turned away from her, it took him a little longer to discern her distinguished form. In fact, it wasn't until she'd been mere centimeters away that he'd seemed to finally spot her.

"Oh, Mr. Fine. What a surprise to run into you here." The woman noted, though something about her tone seemed mischievous.

Her eyes glossed over Kendall's attractive features, seeming to try to decipher something. Unlike most, she wasn't intimidated by his exertion of dominance and power. Strangely, this made me angry.

"Solange." Kendall noted, though the way he said her name wasn't the least bit welcoming.

"I was actually with a few of my colleagues when I thought I spotted you over here. I mean, you are quite hard to miss." She said with a hint of something more than friendly in her tone. Her attention briefly fleeted to me, then, as if deeming me unimportant, she returned her complete concentration to him.

"Well, I'm busy, as you can see." Kendall interjected, his jaw clenching to reveal a perfectly geometric outline.

"No worries. I have a feeling we'll be seeing each other much sooner rather than later." She quoted, then sauntered off to a group of men dressed in black suits who'd been staring gratingly at Kendall and I.

Who the fuck was that?

~~~

The next chapter will be juicy!! Please let me know if you guys are enjoying the story or have any feedback!

~~Chelly😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.6K 31
"Every bone in my body is begging me to devour you." He was just too close, clouding my senses and making my head foggy. "Every bone?" My voice was...
192K 7.8K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...
141K 5.5K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...
22K 812 44
Insert from story "You have kind eyes." He said, holding my gaze. "You look innocent." That was on purpose. "Are you ever going to tell me your name...