SPILL THE COFFEE | jeongsung...

By epicminho

When he ran into him by accident and spilled his coffee all over the place, and when he kept splashing said d... More

note + layouts
FACES OF THE CAFÉ
GROUP PROJECT
START OF SOMETHING NEW
COFFEE FOR TWO
LOCKED OUT
COLLEGE SUCKS
PASTRIES AND KISSES
COLD WITHOUT YOU
EYES ON YOU
HAPPY CUP
DONT GO
CONFESSIONS
LOVING OR LIKING
SPILL THE SECRET
YOU CAN STAY
HAPPY AFTER ALL
MORE TO IT
last words

MISUNDERSTANDING

77 8 23
By epicminho

   Jeongin walked home from the café, hot coffee in hand and jacket zipped shut to his chin. The air was freezing and the sky dripping water lightly onto his cold cheeks.

   Carefully, he took the cup into his other hand and pulled out his phone—originally just to skip the song that had been playing on repeat. Yet his eyes landed on a notification: J.onesung shared a post.

   The ravenette smiled to himself as he tapped on the notification, seemed like Jisung must be enjoying himself if he decided to post after a while. Jeongin thought to himself as he swiped through the photos of his loved one, his cute puffy cheeks visible, but the last two slides caught him off guard.

Who was that girl?

   Jeongin thought to himself, last time he checked the college student didn't have a sister, so why was he clutching onto the girl's waist as if he had known her forever? With a weird feeling in his stomach, Yang turned off his phone and stuffed it back into his pocket—not forgetting to turn up the volume of the songs playing, in an attempt to drown out his thoughts.

   Yet it didn't seem to work, the whole way home he was questioning everything. From who that girl was, to who he was, to the familiar boy. Yet the only thing that came to his mind was the black-haired female being his girlfriend.

   It was obvious that he felt betrayed, with all the kisses they shared, the kind words and just everything that had happened this past year. How Jisung would always cling to him, was it just to feel something? Was he a toy to him?

   Perhaps his sweet personality was all a built-up facade, perhaps he didn't even like him.

   As soon as the ravenette entered their shared apartment, he sluggishly walked to his room, plugging down onto his bed with his arms and legs spread wide open. He stared at the ceiling. What was he supposed to do now?

   Feeling tired all of a sudden—despite just drinking his morning coffee—Jeongin let his eyes fall shut and continued to fall into a deep slumber. But what he hoped to be a peaceful rest turned into horror.

   Slowly the black-haired boy opened his eyes, blinded by light. It took him a second to adjust to the newfound brightness but when he did, he quickly realised he wasn't in his room. There was no soft mattress beneath him and the walls were an unflattering white, not the soft green he was used to.

   Carefully, the college student stood up—from what was a dark grey sofa, similar to the one back at his parents' apartment—and walked around the room. There was little furniture in the house, yet somehow everything seemed to fit perfectly into its place, the small wooden coffee table and flatscreen on the wall, along with the dark curtains next to the window fitted nicely into the room.

   But that didn't change the feeling the male had in his stomach, the anxiety of not knowing where he was. With soft steps he walked towards the open door on his left, being met with a long, dimly lit hallway. Looking to his left once again, there was a large archway to what seemed to be a kitchen and just a couple feet next to it was a bright wooden door—which seemed to lead to the outside.

   Jeongin took an unsteady step into the hallway, now looking to his right to make sure no one saw him—the anxiousness and adrenaline flowing through his body at high speed. 

   A big staircase decorated the end of the hall and Jeongin felt this weird urge to walk up the steps, so doing what everyone else would, he listened to the feeling in his gut and carefully climbed the set of stairs, being met with yet another hallway. 

   Though the lights were flickering on and off, he continued in his tracks, curious as to where it would lead him. In the background, he heard groaning and squeaking, immediately turning his face into a bright red.

   And just as he took his next step, the world crumbled around him, literally. "F-faster Jisung!" A girl's voice screamed out and Jeongin fell through the floor, the world around him dissolving into thin nothings as he continued to fall. Fall deep into the bright white, only to shoot up with wide eyes from his bed.

   Sweat lined his forehead and his breathing was heavy as he hastily looked around the room, sighing when he realised he was back at his home, his soft bed right under him and the music playing in the background welcomed him back.

   Jeongin groaned to himself as he fell back onto the mattress, his mind clouded with nothing but relief.

It was a just dream.

   "Hyung!" Jisung happily screamed out, running up to the all too familiar house and crushing his brother into a tight high. "Hello to you too, Jisung-ah," Sungho chuckled out, for one happy to see his younger brother but also already bothered by his touchiness.

   "Haven't changed much, I see." The younger scuffed, accidentally stepping onto the other's foot. "Aish! Sung!" A wide grin adoring his face, Han stormed into the house—as the door was left open.

   Sungho scoffed, his black hair falling into his eyes, "Just wait 'till I get back at you!" He yelled after his brother, before stepping fully outside to greet his mother.

   Meanwhile, Jisung was at a loss of words, as he looked around his childhood home, all the memories he created here suddenly came crashing down. He took the right to the kitchen and saw his father standing against the kitchen counter, looking at his phone.

   The grin he held before, adored his lips once again. "Guess who's back," He beamed, seeing his father look up from his phone at the familiar voice. "Jisung! Oh, you've grown so much my son." "Stop it already, Dad," The brunette shook his head before walking over to the adult he adored so much, the adult that meant his life to him, and engulfed him in a hug for a short second.

   "It's good to be back, the drive was so worth it." He sighed out, before stepping away, finally catching up on the smell of the house. "Oh, are you baking?" The muscular male hummed, "The cake's almost done. But no snacking son! It's for tomorrow." Jisung whined to himself, "Fine, fine."

   Silence settled between them,  as Jisung took the opportunity to look at the oven, a bit disappointed not to see cheesecake. "No cheesecake?" He asked in a whisper, but his father heard him, already expecting this kind of reaction. "I need to go to the bakery tomorrow, got a morning shift, I can get you a slice if you're that desperate." "Make two out of that," the brunette grinned up to his father, innocently, but the older only shook his head before shooing the boy away.

   "I need to get the cake out."

   The rest of the evening was quiet, unlike the following day. All of the family's close friends gathered in the house, laughing, talking, snapping photos and most importantly, enjoying the delicious feast served.

   Jisung enjoyed the company of everyone. Compared to his usual anxious state in crowded places, this was different, he felt at ease and relaxed, because he knew none of these people would ever think of him badly.

   "Jiho Noona, let's take pictures!" He voiced out excitedly. He, Sungho and Jiho were sitting in the family's backyard, drinking wine and enjoying themselves, when Jisung got the brilliant idea to take pictures. 

   The two young adults stood up from the bench they were sitting on and Jisung fished his phone out of his back pocket, reading himself to take some pictures. "What about me? That's literally my girlfriend, Ji." The college student's older brother voiced out in fake disapproval, he knew his brother wouldn't dare lay a hand on his lover—even though he just pulled her closer by the waist.

   "Then join us, Hyung," The boy stuck his tongue out before snapping a quick picture, phone high up in the sky, making the two of them look stupid from the angle. Jiho laughed softly, walking over to her boyfriend and pulling him into the frame. "C'mon Oppa, don't be a party pooper." "You get me Noona."

   And so, the three of them stood together in the green backyard, the sun shining down on them and clouds hiding away from one's eye. Everything was perfect, yet the brunette missed his own lover, as he watched his brother and said male's girlfriend kiss for a photo. "Stop making me feel lonely."

   The couple exchanged glances before bursting into laughter, making Jisung sulk. The boy looked at his phone, still no answer from Jeongin.

   Key rustling echoed through the decent-sized apartment, as Han unlocked the door back to his lover—the boy he's missed all day, and night. "I'm back!" He excitedly screamed into the open room, his voice echoing back to him from the walls.

   Jeongin poked his head around the corner, smiling lightly, "How was it?" And proceeded to walk towards the other—or at least that's what the older thought. "It was great, I had lots of fun." "I thought so.." The other muttered under his breath, turning to walk into his room, "I'm a bit sleepy, I'll go to bed."

"Oka-" The door closed. What was up with him?

a/n: 20k words reached ❤️

big thank you to my friend Aino [ @xixohllr234 ] for helping me come up with some more drama for this book <33 love ya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 2.2K 7
When People say it's easy to hate and difficult to love they're right. Hyunjin had to find this out on his own. 。 Or in which Hyunjin and Jisung seem...
723K 26.7K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
26.8K 1.1K 10
[ ENG | RE-EDITED ] in which hyunjin always starts his notes as ❝dear pretty❞.
889K 20.3K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.