Exile

By Sathvikaa03

PAIN CHANGES PEOPLE, IT MAKES THEM TRUST LESS AND SHUT PEOPLE OUT.... Agastya met a family in this phase of h... More

CHARACTER SKETCH
GAUTAM BROTHERS
AMRITA SINGHAL
1. AGASTYA ANAND!!
2. TROUBLE??!!
3. THE AKSHAT GAUTAM!!
4. ANJALI'S BIRTHDAY!!!
5. EMOTIONAL TURMOIL!!
6. MOTHER AND SON!!!
8. RESPONSIBILITY!!
9. REALISATION!!
10. GAUTAM BROTHERS - a glimpse of past!!
11. APOLOGY!
12. FORGIVENESS!!
13. I WANT HIM BACK!!
14. A REACTION!!
15. A TRUCE!!
16. TAKING LIBERTIES WILL ONLY HURT!!
17. 8 MONTHS OF SILENCE!!
18. TEMPORARY PROFESSOR ?!!
19. THEY WILL LEARN TO LIVE WITHOUT ME!!
20. AGASTYA - THE OVER PROTECTIVE BOYFRIEND??!!
21. AGASTYA'S ANGER!!
22. MEMORIES OF THE WOMAN THEY LOVED!!
23. HONEST EFFORTS!!
24. ANJALI AND HER PARI !!
25. PATIENCE!!
26. WALK OUT!!
27. REALISATIONS AND RECONCILIATIONS!!
28. SERIES OF SUICIDES?
29. HARIKA'S VERSION OF AGASTYA!!
30. MISSION SUCCESSFUL!!
31. ADVITYA ANAND GAUTAM!!
32. AGASTYA'S MANTRA FOR SURVIVAL!!!
33. MURDER MYSTERY!!!
34. DESTINY'S PLOY??
35. END OF EXILE??
BOOK - 2

7. EXAM FEVER!!

737 82 80
By Sathvikaa03

Ambedkarpur
---------------------

Anjali sat in the living room, waiting for the dinner to be served. She had a smile pasted across her face. If someone told her 3 months ago, that she would be sitting in the living room, waiting for the dinner to be served, She would have laughed it off. But it had become her routine now.

She was startled out of her thoughts when Agastya walked out of kitchen, followed by Harika. Anjali shook her head. She tried to stop her younger daughter but the girl was too stubborn to listen to her. The girl had insisted on helping Agastya but she was sure, the girl might have just doubled Agastya's work! Other than that, she had no complaints. She didn't know why and how, but Agastya made it a ritual to cook on every Saturday night. It had been 2 months, he broke down in her arms. He was still the same Agastya. Calm, peaceful, carrying a ton of sadness and guilt on his shoulders and in his eyes, but he was smiling a bit often these days. He started talking a bit more, maybe. She was glad with these minor changes. Another thing, which didn't go unnoticed by her was, his carefree nature when he was with Harika. For some reason, her younger daughter was able to bring a different Agastya out of the Agastya Anand they all know. What she didn't know was... Her younger daughter brings out the real Agastya.

She realised, she got lost in her thoughts, again, when her younger daughter slightly nudged her to have food placed infront of her. She smiled and took a bite. And just like the past 8 Saturdays, the food was delicious. She never felt jealous of someone else's cooking skills, but Agastya was bringing the jealousy out of her. She smiled to herself at the thought!

She looked up at her family who were munching on the food without caring the world around them. It didn't surprise her anymore. She got used to it. They all got used to it. It had become their weekly routine, afterall.

Pratyaksha Sharma is a very patient human being. She can tolerate most of the things with a smile on her face. But, her younger sister knows how to push her limits, a bit too well. So much that it wonders Pratyaksha, if she is really not being that patient. She glared her sister, who was now sitting in her room, on her bed, with 2 books infront of her, a pen, whose cap is chewed off by the way, in her hand and the expression that might have resembled of Einstein's, when he was in the process of inventing bulb.

Pratyaksha rubbed her face and took a deep breathe - Harika...

Harika hummed in response.

Pratyaksha forced a smile - Tum apne room mein jake padai kyu nahi karlete?

Harika shook her head, scribbling something in her rough book - Mujhe vaha neend aati hai.

Patience!! Pratyaksha reminded herself - Tho sojao na, Harika.

Harika looked up with annoyance - Kya hai aapka Di? Pad rahi hu na mai? Kyu disturb kar rahe ho? Kal mera exam hai! Sojaungi tho kaise chalega? Aap likhoge kya mere liye exam?

Pratyaksha glared the girl and whacked her - Ek raat mein padai karke kuch nahi honewala! This may help you pass.. but this gets you no where you idiot! Isse acha tho tu so jaa! Yaa go to your room and study. I need to sleep and I can't until the lights are on! Out!

Pratyaksha was too upfront and it came out rude than she intended it to be. But she had no regrets. She just spoke facts. She would rather have her sister sleep than having a namesake degree which would get her nowhere.

Just like Pratyaksha had no regrets speaking the facts, Harika also had no regrets for starting her preparation just a night before her exam. She listened from one ear and let it out from another. She ignored her sister royally and looked back into her book - I have no time for this Di. Get an eye mask and sleep. I am not leaving this room and neither are the lights going off.

Pratyaksha groaned. She felt like bashing her sister's head but resisted. She loved her sister too much to do that. She got up from the bed and went to her desktop. She would get her work done. She knew her sister is not the only one, who is not sleeping the night!

Gautam Mansion
-----------------------

Advitya walked back home, tired and exhausted. He didn't know how his bhaiyya made it look like a cakewalk. Without him, he felt lost in business but he never gave up. That was not what he was taught. His bhaiyya left them physically, but the man couldn't take away his presence from their lives. He was everywhere. Every damn thing in this world just reminded him. He sighed and walked into the shower. His body was aching and he hoped hot water did the magic like his bhaiyya always insisted.

Akshat sat in his room, revising his notes, scribbling in the book, so that he doesn't doze off staring at the book. He stopped scribbling when he came across an algorithm which he can never forget in his life. He could tell it even if he was asked in his sleep. That day was the nothing short of nightmare. His thoughts drifted into his past. He was sitting in his bhaiyya's room, studying for exams, to be precise, he was forced to study. He was left with no option. And that was day he regretted taking Engineering and CSE on the top of it. He should have taken BBA,s because ultimately, he would do MBA after this. His bhaiyya explained the algorithm patiently and asked him to write it without looking into the book and moved away as he got a phone. He couldn't remember a single line from algorithm. He cheated, and also got caught. The rest was history.

He chuckled to himself as he remembered what he did and what followed next. His chuckle turned into sadness. He wished his bhaiyya was with him right now. He wished he came back, atleast to discipline him. Tears rushed into his eyes. He blinked them back stubbornly and started studying again, trying to get lost in concepts of Data Structures.

Advitya walked out of his room. He moved towards Akshat's room to check on him before he walked to his study. What he saw surprised and saddened him. The boy he knew would have never studied on his own until their bhaiyya cracked the whip. His younger brother, by no means was smart in studies. The boy was average. He passed with decent grades. All that was possible because of the hard work the boy was forced to put in by their bhaiyya. Otherwise, he was sure the boy would be studying 10th class till now. He pushed aside his thoughts and walked in, making his presence known.

Akshat saw his bhaiyyu and put his book aside.

Advitya asked the question for which he came to ask - Khana khaya tune?

Akshat nodded. Advitya - Medicines?

Akshat nodded again.

Advitya nodded and walked out to his room. He badly wanted to hug the boy and kiss his forehead, asking him to sleep early but for some reason, he couldn't push himself to do it.

Sharma House
----------------------

The next morning in Sharma House was calm as usual but Harika was not at peace. She sat the whole night to finish the portion but algorithms bounced above her head. She knew she is going to fail. She could already see that. Unfortunately, the subject's professor gave 100% weightage to the end semester, unlike all other subjects which had minors and projects. Her tension was visible to everyone. She didn't even have her breakfast properly. The family tried to coax her but she just couldn't eat. She was just looking into her book, trying to fit in the concepts into her tiny little brain.

Agastya had enough. The girl is taking tension for nothing. She should have feared about exams atleast before a week. Nothing is going to help her one hour before exam. He snatched the book from her hand and put it away on the couch. Harika whined - Bhaiyya!!!! Exam hai bhaiyya. Padna hai mujhe. Hato aap.

Agastya firmed his voice - Enough!

Harika looked at him. He took that tone very rarely and he took it only with her. Ideally, she should get used to it by now, but for some reason, she could never get used to it. The man standing in front of her was the most patient and lovely man she had ever known. But when he took that tone, he commanded attention and respect. An authoritative aura surrounds him for a moment until he speaks in a soft tone, compensating for the firm tone he just took.

Agastya, as Harika expected gentled his tone - Sit.

Harika sat down without whining, even though she wanted to throw tantrums like a petulant child. Her whole brain was whispering to her that she is going to fail the exam and asking her to open the book to study something, so that question paper magically contains the same questions making her pass, With Flying colors. But she still managed to sit on the couch, without touching the book.

Agastya sat infront of her - Kyu itna tension le rahi ho?

Now that Agastya was being the patient man, she always knew, She whined - Mujhe kuch yaad nahi hai bhaiyya.

Agastya already knew that. It takes talent for one to study the night before and pass the exam. But not every subject is same.

Agastya - Kab se pad rahi thi ye subject?

Harika gave a sheepish smile - Kal se.

Agastya couldn't see any ounce of regret in those eyes. The girl rather looked quite proud for starting her preparation the day before exam. He sighed. This is not how a student should behave. He looked up and told what he had to, at that point of time - Relax yourself. Ab padne se kuch nahi hoga. You will even forget what you had studied. Calm yourself and go to exam hall. If the fate is on your side and the question paper has questions from what you read, you should atleast be able to attempt them. Hai na?

Harika nodded. She could see he didn't approve her ways.

Agastya - Good. Now take a deep breathe, get up, take your bag and go to college.

Harika did as he told and got up, flashing a smile. One thing was clear from his words. FATE!! This is all about luck now. She hoped it is on her side.

Harika started going out when Agastya stopped her again. She turned back, to find him walking towards her. Agastya reached her - Don't stress even if you don't know anything. And DONOT opt for Unfair means, Harika. Be honest. I mean it.

Harika gulped. Even though his tone was soft, she knew it was a warning. She nodded and walked away. The man is scaring her now and no one would even believe her if she said that out loud. None of them knew that he took those liberties with her. Even she didn't know why it was that way with her but she wasn't complaining.

Long time guys.

Comment and let me know your opinions. I will update next one after I get good amount of Votes and Comments.

Lots of Love!!
Sathvika!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 10.3K 100
When no one trust you, believe on yourself... When nobody admires you, motivate yourself... When nobody listens to you, speak to yourself... When eve...
1.3K 205 28
She was happy She was content She wanted nothing more He came into her life He broke her into pieces. He left her with nothing But pain,sorrow and be...
29.8K 3.8K 38
A sequel to Aadhya- The Phoenix's Fury (Previously known as "Aadhya- the life journey of a woman.") But you can read this as standalone too. Still...
Broken Pieces By Grey

General Fiction

182K 10.6K 72
~COMPLETED ~ After an accident that claims the life of her mother and leaves her father paralyzed, Erica Smith is never the same. Erica has people ar...