Out of Bounds [h.s. au]

Door lemoncrushh

After a few years of being a housewife, Tisa Jordan decided to go back to school. Hoping to find inspiration... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Playlist / Cast of Characters

Chapter 9

4.8K 195 45
Door lemoncrushh

"So, I meant to ask you...is this a costume party?"

I sat cross-legged in my chair, drawing doodles in my notebook. Professor Crawford was allowing us to use class time to work on our next paper. But of course most of the class had their own conversations going on that did not pertain to Sociology.

"It is if you want it to be," Harry grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means we know it's kind of last minute," he chuckled, "and maybe not enough time for some people to get a costume. So if you want to wear a costume, you can, if not, that's fine too."

"Good. 'Cause I don't have anything."

"You mean you don't have a sexy witch costume stashed away somewhere?"

"No!" I exclaimed, poking him with the eraser end of my pencil.

"Ouch," he said, covering his chest with his arms.

"So who all is going to be there?" I asked.

"Don't have the tally yet, but Grayson and me of course, Zack, Joey. Zack's bringing his girlfriend. Maybe Brian. He's actually scheduled to work, but he's going to try to trade with someone if he can."

"Zack has a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, Penny. They've been going out for a bit. You remember, the lads were going to see her band that night you came over."

"Oh, that's right," I nodded. "So it worked out for them, huh?"

"Yeah." Harry gave me a knowing look. He didn't have to say anything else. I was feeling the same thing. I wished it could work out for us.

I gazed around the classroom and noticed not only had the chatter gotten louder, but Crawford had left the room. I looked back down at my notebook and started doodling again. After a few seconds I heard Harry say my name so low, it was almost a whisper.

"Yes?" I asked in the same volume. I didn't dare look at him; I just continued drawing shapes. But when he didn't answer, I was forced to lift my head. The look in his eyes gave me a hint of what he was going to say. But instead, he seemed to change his mind as he cleared his throat.

"I didn't tell anyone in either of our classes about the party," he continued softly. "Just in case they were to find out...you know...about us."

"Okay."

"I mean, I don't know how much they already know, but some of them I'm sure know you're married."

"Yeah. I understand."

"Zack knows," Harry muttered.

"What? He does?"

"Yeah, but don't worry. He won't tell anyone. I asked him not to."

"Just how much does he know?" I inquired.

"Well," he said before biting his lip, "you and I spend a lot of time together. And I talk about you a lot."

"He told me that," I grinned through pursed lips.

"Yeah, well..." he tilted his head. "That day you were talking to him outside, he asked me later what the story was."

"And what did you tell him?" I asked, my heart racing.

Harry looked down at his lap. "I told him that you're an amazing person. But that you belong to someone else."

I felt my heart drop into my stomach. Then Harry lifted his head to face me.

"And that it's killing me," he continued. "Because I think I'm falling in love with you."

I gasped and sat there with my mouth agape as I heard Professor Crawford return to the classroom with his boisterous laugh and a cup of coffee in his hand. He slurped it loudly, then set it on his desk, waving his hand in the air.

"You're free to go," he declared. "See you Thursday."

I gulped as I grabbed my backpack. I could feel Harry's eyes still on me as I stood up and pushed in my chair. We left together in silence, not stopping until we reached the fork in the sidewalk.

"I guess I'll talk to you later," I said.

"Tisa, don't..." Harry started. Then he let out a loud sigh.

"Don't what?"

"I don't want things to be weird now. Because of what I said." Harry ran his fingers through his hair as I watched him intently. His jaw was clenched and his eyes looked watery.

I shook my head. "It's not weird, Harry."

I started to reach my hand up to touch his cheek, but stopped myself. Instead, I took a step closer, stood on my tip-toes, and kissed it lightly.

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

*

I could already hear the music playing before I even opened the car door. I walked with Harry up the short sidewalk to Grayson's apartment. Actually, it was the left side of a duplex. The door immediately opened and the sounds of Led Zeppelin screamed from inside. I wondered what the neighbors thought. Then I laughed to myself, considering that the neighbors were probably inside.

"Hey, bro, you're here!" exclaimed Joey who was wearing devil horns on his head and holding a plastic cup with some kind of red beverage in it.

"Hey, Joey, you remember Tisa," Harry said as we crossed the threshold.

"Oh yeah, hey!" Joey said, acknowledging my presence quickly before returning to the party behind him.

I looked at Harry who shrugged. Suddenly Grayson emerged from nowhere. He was dressed as Thor.

"Hello, hello!" he yelled over the loud music. "We're making everyone without a costume wear one of these."

"What?" Harry asked incredulously. Grayson had a stack of cheap witch hats, headbands with devil horns attached, and a bowl full of plastic vampire teeth.

"C'mon man, everyone has to wear something."

I giggled and grabbed a witch hat. Harry grinned at me when I put it on.

"Told you you'd make a sexy witch," he said. I lightly slapped his arm.

"C'mon Styles," Grayson said. "Pick something."

Because Harry was already sporting a hat, his suede one that I love and call his "hipster hat", he opted for the vampire teeth.

"Those are so you," I teased. He actually did make a pretty hot vampire. Edward Cullen had nothing on him.

"How the fuck am I supposed to drink with these?"

I shrugged. "Use a straw?"

Harry scoffed and quickly shoved the teeth in his pocket. When we'd finally made it through the crowd in the living room, a bunch of young people that I'd never seen before, I spotted Zack in devil horns pouring drinks at the makeshift bar by the kitchen. He waved us over and immediately gave me a hug, which I thought was very nice.

"So glad you came," he told me.

"Where's Penny?" Harry asked Zack.

"She's around here somewhere," he replied, looking past us to the crowd. "Ah, there she is."

Just then a blonde dressed in what I can only describe as a punk-rock fallen angel costume, strutted up to us. She had on a plaid mini skirt with a ripped up t-shirt with The Clash logo, black Doc Marten boots, and a pair of black feathery angel wings worn around her shoulders like a backpack. Atop her head was not really a halo, but more like a crown made of the same black feathers. Even the corners of her eyes were made up to look like feathers. She looked so amazingly sexy, I almost wished I had decided to dress up too.

"Wow, Penny, look at you!" Harry exclaimed, echoing my sentiments.

"Doesn't she look incredible?" Zack voiced as Penny turned around so we could get an all-around view.

"Thank you, baby doll," Penny said, though I wasn't a hundred percent sure if she was addressing Zack or Harry. Something told me she was the kind of person who called everyone baby doll.

"Penny, this is Tisa," Harry said, introducing me.

"Nice to meet you," I smiled, extending my hand. But instead Penny pulled me into a hug.

"So nice to meet you, too!" she squealed. "I've heard a lot about you."

She had? I eyed Harry who smirked with a shrug. I'd have to speak to him in private later. I didn't know this Penny girl. She seemed super sweet and friendly, but that could also mean she's not all that discreet. If Harry or Zack had told her too much about me, that could mean trouble.

"All good things!" she laughed when she saw the expression on my face. "Don't worry."

"So who wants a drink?" Zack asked.

"Ooh, I forgot I'm surrounded by bartenders here," I laughed as I looked at the display of various liquors and liqueurs. "Anything's fine."

"Two Cuervos," Harry said, holding up two fingers.

"Harry, we just got here!"

"I know, but it's a great way to loosen up, get the party going," he insisted.

"Yeah, let's all do a shot!" Penny exclaimed.

"Eh, I gotta be bartender for a while, babe," said Zack. "I can't be getting drunk yet."

"Oh whatever, one shot's not gonna hurt. Besides, we need to toast to our friends."

It took me a second to realize Penny meant Harry and me. Under normal circumstances, I would wonder how many shots this girl had already had. But I figured this was just her personality. I had to admit, I liked her.

"Harry's not one to kiss and tell, sweetie," she leaned in and whispered in my ear, "but I can tell he's nuts about you."

I bit my lip as Zack swiftly poured the four tequila shots and passed them out.

"I have a feeling I'm going to regret this," I murmured.

"Cheers," Harry said and we all clinked our glasses.

I shook my head like I always do after tequila and grabbed a lime wedge. Already I was feeling its effects. Suddenly I felt Harry grab my hand.

"Dance with me," he said, and he pulled me back to the living room.

A dance song I wasn't familiar with was playing, but I quickly found the beat. I realized then that it had been ages since I'd danced with anyone. It was so much fun, and Harry was a good dancer. I finally had to toss my witch hat though, because it wouldn't stay on. We danced to two more songs and then returned to the bar for round two. But this time I insisted on a cocktail.

Harry and I continued to rotate between dancing and getting drinks most of the evening, stopping here and there to chat with his friends. The crowd only seemed to get bigger as the night grew on, and I finally had to excuse myself to step out on the back porch and get some air. A few people were sitting around a table smoking, and couple more were standing while in what sounded like a big discussion. I didn't want to intrude, so I just stood alone, off to the side.

As I stood looking up at the sky, letting the cool evening breeze blow on my face, I heard the sliding door open behind me.

"You okay, love?" Harry asked.

I looked over my shoulder and nodded. "Mmhm."

He stepped out onto the porch and closed the door behind him. Suddenly I felt his arms wrap around me, enfolding me. I sighed and leaned my head back against his chest as he nuzzled his face in my hair. I realized then how much I missed his touch. Between my studying almost endlessly the week before and his work schedule this week, we hadn't had much time alone together. I doubted the handful of people on the porch knew anything about me, so I let Harry continue to hold me. After a few minutes he turned me around so I was facing him, and without a word he kissed me softly.

"Are you having a good time?" he asked.

"Absolutely," I smiled.

The bass from inside suddenly got louder as the sliding door opened again and Joey popped his head out.

"Hey Harry, some chick's here looking for you," he said.

"What?" Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah, some girl who says she knows you. That you and Grayson told her about the party. I think she said her name is Britney, or Whitney or something?"

My eyes just about popped out of my head as Harry rolled his. "Oh God!"

Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me back into the kitchen. Grayson was now on bartending duty and had his back to us. But on the other side of the bar I could see a brunette in a white angel's costume. She was leaning forward to expose her almost non-existent cleavage, talking to Grayson, but stood up straight when she saw Harry.

"Harry!" Britney squealed as she jogged around the bar toward us. I noticed that Harry didn't let go of my hand. I grinned to myself.

"Uh, hey," muttered Harry as she grabbed his other arm and stroked it. "I thought you were going to your brother's party."

"I did for a little while, but I wanted to come see you."

"Great," Harry said somewhat sarcastically. Unfortunately Britney didn't catch on. I looked away to keep from giggling.

"This looks like a much better party anyway," Britney continued. "How come you're not dressed up?"

"Didn't feel like it."

"Oh. Well you look great anyway."

This time I turned my attention toward her and gave her the evil eye. Harry squeezed my hand.

"Britney, this is Tisa. Tisa, Britney."

Britney looked me up and down. I felt like I was back in high school.

"Hi, Britney," I said sweetly. "I think we've met before."

"We have?"

"Yes. At Mikado's."

"Oh...yeah."

I wasn't sure if she actually remembered me or not. But it didn't seem to matter. Her intentions were as obvious now as they were that night at the restaurant. And even the fact that Harry and I were holding hands didn't phase her.

"Harry, do you want to dance?" she asked.

I gave Harry an incredulous look. The nerve!

"Um...no, I—" Harry started, but I interrupted him.

"Go ahead," I nudged him with my elbow. "I don't mind."

"Uh, okay then."

Harry gave me frightened glance as Britney pulled him into the living room. I winked at him and walked up to Grayson at the bar. Even though I was acting like it didn't bother me in the least, inside I was a mess.

"Hey, Tisa," said Grayson, "I swear to God, I did not invite her. She just showed up."

"I know," I said. "It's okay."

"What the hell is that Britney girl doing here?" Zack asked as he and Penny walked up from behind me.

"I have no idea," answered Grayson.

"I thought the whole reason you thought up this party was because she was hounding Harry to go to hers."

"I know man," Grayson said as he started pouring shots. "But I guess she decided to show up. She's a fucking stalker."

"Oh she's not that bad," I countered.

"Yeah she is," Zack argued. "She comes in the restaurant all the time. Sometimes with a friend, sometimes alone. If Harry's not working she'll ask when he's working next. She'll stay for maybe ten minutes and leave. But if Harry is working she'll stay until closing."

"Give me a fucking break," Penny said rolling her eyes. "Like she even has a chance."

"I know," Zack laughed. "But it's still creepy."

"Don't even worry about her, baby doll," Penny said, addressing me. "I can kick her ass for you."

"Good angel versus bad angel," Grayson smirked. "That I'd have to see."

"Damn straight," piped Penny. "Only in this case, I'm the good one."

I laughed. I knew Penny was just trying to make me feel better. I also had no doubt she could kick Britney's ass. But my main concern was Britney's stalker-like behavior. People like that can really let the claws come out when confronted.

"Drink up, people," I heard Grayson announce. It was only then that I noticed the shot class he'd placed in front of me. I knew I'd probably had more than enough to drink, but I somehow felt sober at that moment.

"Cheers!" I shouted over the Aerosmith song that had just started, as I raised my glass.

"Hey, what are you doing shots without me?" I heard Harry say behind me.

"Oh you gotta get one for Harry!" I told Grayson.

"Me too!" exclaimed Joey who was standing behind Harry.

"And one for Joey."

I waited until they had their glasses and we toasted together.

"Happy fucking Halloween!" Joey yelled after he'd swallowed. "So, hey, are you guys, like, together?"

I looked back and forth between Harry and Joey. "What do you mean?"

Before Joey could answer, Harry interjected. "Where the hell have you been, man?"

"Sorry," Joey said, holding up his hands in surrender. "I'm always the last to know anything."

"Well now you know."

"Okay, cool," Joey shrugged.

As he walked away, I chuckled.

"Don't mind him," said Harry. "He's kind of an idiot."

I laughed harder.

"He probably won't remember any of this tomorrow."

"So what happened to Britney?" I looked toward that living room, but didn't see her.

"I told her to get lost."

"What?"

Harry grinned. "Okay, I wasn't that harsh. But I told her I'm not interested, and that I'm with someone."

"You did?"

Harry nodded and leaned in to kiss me. For the very first time, Harry kissed me in public. In front of everyone. And I kissed him back. I'm not sure how long we stood there kissing, but I was oblivious to everything around me until I felt a poke in my side.

"Damn, you guys are getting me hot!" I heard Penny declare.

I could feel my face blushing beet red as Harry and I separated. I covered it with my hand as I heard a low chuckle rise from his chest. I excused myself to go to the restroom. After washing my hands and splashing a little water on my face, I opened the door to see Harry standing in the hallway.

"Do you need to..." I gestured toward the bathroom

Harry just shook his head, his eyes focused on mine. I smiled and licked my lips.

"Come with me," Harry said, holding out his hand. 

I took it and he led me to a bedroom at the end of the hall, locking the door behind him. I eyed the small bed in the corner, the night stand next to it, and the desk on the opposite wall.

"This isn't Grayson's room is it?" I inquired.

"No. It's his spare room. He told me we could use it."

"Jesus, Harry, why don't you just announce it to the world?"

"Okay then," Harry turned toward the door. "Hey everybody, we're about to have s—"

"Shut up!" I laughed as I pulled him away from the door, covering his mouth with my hand.

Harry put his hand over mine, kissing my fingers. Then sitting on the bed, he kicked off his boots and hung his hat over the bedpost. He pulled me to him, his hands at my waist. We continued to kiss until Harry pulled away long enough to turn on the lamp on the night stand. I quickly turned off the overhead light, then got undressed. I crawled into the bed next to Harry who had also gotten undressed. As soon as I felt his skin against mine, I had to have him. My urgency got the best of me as I opened my legs underneath him, adjusting his body to enter me.

"Slow down, baby," Harry purred in my ear. "We've got time."

"No," I moaned. "I can't wait."

"Fuck, you're so sexy," he chuckled.

Harry began lifting his body over mine, then lowering it to lightly kiss my lips, my neck, my nipples, then lifting back up again to deliberately tease me.

"Harry..." I begged. "Please."

Finally, he lifted my hips and entered me with one deep thrust. My head was reeling, but it seemed that was all it took for Harry to feel the same way. As we began to rock, the old headboard behind me would hit the wall and the mattress would squeak. For some reason I found the sounds to be equally stimulating and amusing.

As our pace began to escalate, so did the noises of the bed as well as ourselves. I tried to bite my lip to keep from moaning so loud, but it was difficult. Harry felt so good inside me.

"Oh, Tisa," Harry cried. "I love you."

Somewhat paralyzed by those three words, I watched Harry as he came and collapsed next to me. We laid in silence except for our heavy breathing until Harry spoke again.

"I love you," he repeated.

Chewing my lip, I must have given him a look he didn't like.

"What's that look for?" he asked, propping himself up on his elbow. "You don't believe me?"

"Well, Harry..." I paused, "you're drunk and we just had sex."

I heard him curse under his breath as he got up and grabbed his clothes.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"What does it bloody well look like I'm doing? I'm getting fucking dressed!"

"Harry..."

I watched him put on his underwear and jeans, then he sat on the edge of the bed to put on his boots. I could have sworn I saw his shoulders shake.

"Harry," I said again. "I'm sorry. I just..."

"Tisa, it's okay if you don't say it back," Harry snapped. "I'm not mad about that. I only want you to say it when you feel it. I'm mad that you don't believe that I do."

I stared at Harry's back for what seemed like forever.

"You're absolutely right," I finally said as I sat up. "Harry, there's something you should know."

Note to readers:

What do you think Tisa is going to tell Harry?

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

441 36 31
Bella is a 19 year old college student, she was invited to a football (soccer) game one night, and got a glare by a boy named Harry styles that was a...
8.8K 30 39
Life is rough for 17 year old Shana Miller until one lucky day One Direction dines in the restaurant she's working in. Will Shana return the love bac...
451K 8.5K 52
Reina Higgins spent most of her life under the watchful eye of her father, being trained who to love and who to stay away from. When she turned twent...
3.5K 32 10
Sawyer Styles is what you'd call a mistake. Born to the wrong family, she was always kept hidden because it was easy since she wasn't as close in age...