Chapter 4

I decided not to tell Harry I was coming. I was ready for the shocked look on his face when he saw me.

I wasn't sure if he'd be tending bar or waiting tables, but since Justine and I had agreed to meet at the bar, I figured I'd find out soon enough. Mikado's was crowded, with a large group of people waiting to be seated. I scanned the area to see if I could spot Justine. Sure enough she was sitting at the end of the bar wearing a short dress that showed off all her assets. Her long legs were crossed as one brown boot swung above the other. I quickly gazed down at my own attire for the evening: skinny jeans with a hot pink tank and black fitted blazer. I'd added my favorite turquoise necklace and black boots. I had thought I'd felt sexy before leaving the house, but reality hit me as I remembered how Justine's sex appeal always trumped mine.

I took a deep breath and walked through the crowd toward the bar. Justine saw me as soon as I reached it and squealed.

"You're here!" She raised her arms and hugged me tight. "I've missed you so much my sista!"

"Me too," I smiled.

"Sit, sit!" Justine exclaimed, tapping the stool next to her. "Let's have a drink and catch up! Tell me about college. Any hot guys?"

I blushed. I should have known that would be her first question.

"Well, I..."

Just then, a familiar voice sounded in my ear. "I don't believe it!"

I turned to my left as a hand was placing a cocktail napkin in front of me. He looked lovely. He was wearing a black button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up, his hair pulled back into a bun. I'd never seen him like that before.

I giggled, partly from nerves, partly from his reaction. "Hi, Harry."

"You actually came." He said it in almost a whisper, or at least as low as could be heard in a crowded restaurant.

I bit my lip as I felt a poke in my right side.

"You know him?" Justine asked.

"Oh, yeah," I said, almost forgetting she was there. "Harry, this is my old friend, Justine. Justine, this is Harry. We have a couple classes together."

"Ooh, lucky you!" she said, extending her hand for Harry to shake it. "Mr. Harry here makes a mean martini."

I rolled my eyes as she lifted her glass to her mouth, raising her eyebrows.

Harry smirked. "Is that what you want, Tisa?"

I thought for a moment. "Nah, that's too easy. I want to see you work your magic."

Harry glared at me, the corners of his mouth turned down. "With what?"