Chapter 3

"You're mad," exclaimed Harry.

"No, I'm not," I shook my head, trying to stifle my giggle.

"You're telling me you would rather have sex with Professor Crawford than Jacobson?"

"Who said sex? You said sleep! Who would I rather sleep with?"

Harry rolled his eyes and tilted his head. "Tisa, you know what I meant."

This time I chuckled. "Okay, okay. But I still pick Crawford."

"But, why?" Harry asked, incredulously. "Jacobson's a good-lookin' lad. Tall, dark and handsome. I thought all girls went for that. Plus he's very studious with his glasses and bow tie."

"All very valid points," I agreed, tapping the end of my pen on the side of my chin. "And although I'm certain our dear Professor is quite the ladies' man, sense of humor trumps it all."

"Really?"

"Yes. For me anyway. Crawford's funny. And funny goes a long way with me."

"Interesting." Harry squinted, seeming to study my face for a moment. I quickly cleared my throat and looked away.

"Okay, we should probably get back to this paper."

"As far as I'm concerned, we're done," Harry shrugged.

"You think?" Harry and I had spent almost every night for the last week and a half working on our Sociology paper, save for the evenings he'd had to work. It was due in the morning, when we would give a short presentation before turning it in to Professor Crawford.

"Absolutely," Harry nodded.

"But what about —"

"No. No more stressing over it," he interrupted, closing my laptop with his hand. "It's perfect. We're ready. And we'll get an A. Now let's get some sushi."

*

Harry had been trying to get me to go eat with him after our study sessions every night, but I always had some lame excuse. It was late. I was tired. I wasn't hungry (even though my stomach would be growling.) He'd even suggested we meet at the library earlier so we'd have time to grab a bite afterwards, but I always told him no. The truth was, I really wanted to, but I felt strange about it. I knew it wasn't a date, but I was afraid that being out with a male other than James would feel like one. Finally, Harry insisted that we have a run-through at the library to go over our paper and tweak anything that needed tweaking. Then we'd go out for sushi to celebrate. I agreed to it.

"So what do you think?" Harry asked. We sat in a dimly lit booth in the Japanese restaurant that Harry had said was his favorite.

"Delicious!" I exclaimed as I wiped my mouth on my napkin. "I can't believe I've never been here before. Well, actually I can. James isn't a big fan of sushi."