Monotsuki

By UsakiGiorgio

[TWICE A MONTH SERIALIZATION] LIST OF SAGAS AND ARCS: Miyagi Island: - Aftermath of The Storm arc: 1 - 11. Ky... More

Chapter 1 - The upcoming storm
Chapter 2 - Azure rescue
Chapter 3 - Hospital in the skies
Chapter 4 - New Dawn
Chapter 5 - Memory
Chapter 6 - What hides beneath your smile?
Chapter 7 - Forgotten Legacy
Chapter 9 - departure!
Chapter 10 - Fools' Idyll
Chapter 11 - From storm to hell
Chapter 12 - The right hand
Chapter 13 - Preceptor
Chapter 14 - Bashful

Chapter 8 - Hiro's secret

4 1 0
By UsakiGiorgio

Orine and Hiro arrived at Takumi's workshop. The property was enclosed by a steel fence, well-lit, leaving little room for shadows. There were three buildings on it: a two-story house with a black roof and a red balcony, in front of which stood a workshop organized in a large garage. There was also a building resembling a medium-sized warehouse situated between the workshop and the house. In its yard, there were ten vehicles - six cars, two delivery vans, one motorcycle, and a scooter.

The friends stood in front of the gate, and the girl rang the doorbell located next to the gate. After less than three minutes since their arrival, a mechanic's figure emerged from the garage. He was dressed in blue work uniform and approached the gate. The 38-year-old man had black, combed back hair. His brown eyes appeared slightly tired, likely due to a sleepless night. He had a light, three-day stubble on his face. The mechanic was clearly pleased to see the visitors.

- Hiro, how are you holding up? Did your car break down again? - he asked, with a cheerful tone as he opened the gate.
The man lived alone in the house. Due to his busy schedule, he didn't have much time for casual socializing. Most of his brief interactions revolved around business. Unexpected meetings always delighted the mechanic, who was an incredibly talkative person.
- Not this time. Our machine is still holding up - replied the young man, who seemed to have a close relationship with the man.
- "Oh shit, I didn't think of that. Mr. Takumi doesn't know about Hiro's amnesia. If I don't do something, he'll ask about his parents soon" - thought Orine, realizing that the mechanic might inadvertently hurt Hiro. - We came to see you because we're going on a trip soon - the girl announced, wanting to take control of the conversation. She didn't want it to inadvertently shift to the topic of family. - "Takumi knows Satoru and Akari well. Ichika has told me many times about her father's meetings with the mechanic. They were apparently very good friends" - she added in her mind, her top priority being to inform the man about Hiro's situation while maintaining complete discretion.
- You can tell me everything, but first, come inside. We won't talk through the gate. Please, come in - said Takumi, waving his hand, signaling to the guests to enter.
- Ojama-shimasu (I apologize for intruding) - replied the young man, entering the familiar property.
- I hope we're not disturbing you too much at work - said the girl, following the young man.
- Not at all, you're coming at the perfect time - said the mechanic, locking the gate. - I've received about ten calls from my clients. They said that they don't know when they'll pick up their cars because they're afraid to leave their homes. They're waiting for things to quiet down. Who would have thought something like this will happen... - he added, scratching his back.
- Actually, on our way here, we only encountered one elderly lady walking her dog. It's a small island, but usually, there are a few people on the streets - replied the green-eyed man, stopping.
- Can't blame them. Two hospital security guards were murdered, a patient was kidnapped, schools are closed, and old Takeru's shop is closed - he replied, leading the two acquaintances. - Come to the workshop, I don't want to go into the house, I'm all dirty - he added, putting his hands in his pockets.

Takumi approached the building's door. Orine and Hiro entered first, and the mechanic followed, closing the door behind them. Besides the door to the workshop, you could also access it through two garage doors that were opened with a remote control. The workshop housed three lifts, on the right side, there were four workshop shelves. Hanging from above was tire inflation equipment, and the tires themselves were placed against the wall opposite the entrance. To the left of the second lift was a wheel straightening machine. Next to it was a cluttered table covered in old newspapers, coffee cups, and car magazines. The workshop would seem well-organized if it weren't for the presence of six service trolleys scattered throughout the room. Inside the building, there were four workbenches with overhead structures, two on the right side and two on the left. The room was not lacking in social furniture either. Six personal lockers were placed near the door. As they looked around, the young adults noticed that four cars were parked inside, one of which was on a lift.
- Make yourselves comfortable, I'll bring some chairs in a moment - the mechanic announced, heading to the left upper corner of the building.
- It's not necessary, we can stand - Orine replied modestly.
- Don't be silly. You walked here, sit down - Takumi said, placing two wooden chairs next to the table.
- I'm feeling drained today, thanks - the young man replied, sighing. The emotional rollercoaster and confessions had worn him out.

Hiro walked up and immediately took a seat at a table far enough away that the boy wouldn't overhear their conversation with the mechanic. The girl decided to seize this opportunity.
- Mr. Takumi, I'd like to ask you about this car - she said, pointing at the Nissan GT-R.
- You've got a good eye, young lady. It's a fantastic machine - replied the man as he approached the lift. - I'm surprised anyone on this island can afford such a beauty.
- Whose car is it? -  she asked curiously, inspecting the rims.
- To be honest, I don't know. She came to me a few days ago, saying she had issues with the alternator - he replied, leaning against the lift.
- What did she look like? - she inquired, suspecting that the person who had visited the mechanic might be her aunt.
- She had yellow, maybe golden eyes, and long green hair - he stated, closing his eyes as he tried to recall the appearance of the customer. The mechanic remembered his regular clients but had almost no memory for new faces.
- "So, it wasn't Suguna, even though the eyes match. How would she even get this car here? I'll try to get something out of her at the beach".
- I must say, this car is exceptionally well-maintained. The interior is spotless, and the exterior looks great. I didn't even need to wash it - he said, gazing at the raised car.
- Nissan Skyline R34, GT-R version. No wonder someone with such a car takes such good care of it.
- Oh, you know a bit about cars? - he asked with a smile, turning his attention back to the girl. He loved discussing vehicles, and one of his favorite companions was Satoru. The mechanic was surprised because he didn't expect the girl to recognize such a rare find.
- I like cars and motorcycles. I think I took it after my grandfather - she replied, looking at Takumi.
- Before you is an M-Spec Nur. It goes up to three hundred kilometers per hour.
- Some people talked about such a car, but they said it would be out in two years.
- That's what I thought too, but as you can see, some people have better sources than us. It looks like this machine was customized. I doubt they'd release a car in this shade of blue.
- Who would have thought that such a car would end up here - she remarked, averting her gaze. - Mr. Takumi, please don't mention Hiro's parents - she added in a serious tone, lowering her voice even more. She wanted to ensure that the man wouldn't overhear a word.
- Why? - he asked, surprised, leaning forward as he tried to match her lowered voice. He didn't understand what she meant, but he felt that it was a matter requiring discretion.
- He's suffering from amnesia, he doesn't remember his parents. Whenever he tries to recall them, he's overwhelmed by pain. His parents went missing, and his sister was abducted - she explained, further lowering her voice.
Her determined eyes were fixed on the mechanic's face. Orine gave the impression of an older sister, deeply concerned for her brother, even though the curly-haired boy was older. She deliberately avoided the supernatural aspect. If Takumi heard something so unbelievable, he would surely react strongly, arousing the suspicion of the boy sitting in the chair. Moreover, it was best if such information didn't spread across the island.

- I'm at a loss for words. I wanted to ask him about his mom. No one has seen her for a week, and Satoru has disappeared too - he announced, his voice filled with sadness. He momentarily averted his gaze and fell silent.
Only a few seconds passed, but it felt like an hour. His mind raised the question of what would happen to Hiro now. He knew perfectly well what it is like to be alone without family. He had never imagined that this would also happen to him.
- We need to notify the police, we have to do something - the mechanic said, shaken, trying to find a solution.
- The police are already working on it, given the gravity of the situation nobody knows about it. I'm telling you this in confidence, out of concern for Hiro - she tried to reassure the mechanic and dissuade him from taking action, citing the need for confidentiality.
- I've heard something like this when Eito went missing - he said, lifting his head and looking at the ceiling, recalling the case of Hiro's older brother's disappearance. - How much more does this kid have to endure for fate to stop treating him so cruelly?

The mechanic knew the young man's past. He remembered how he almost died in the hospital from an unknown illness. When he was a little child, it took him a few years to fully recover. He never talked about it to his friends, but Ichika shared this story with Orine when they were still in elementary school. This short episode took place in the school restroom.

***

Hiro's sister suddenly left during class, and the concerned blue-eyed girl decided to check why her friend was taking so long. She entered the restroom and saw her sitting under the windows.
- What happened? - worried she asked, looking at her tearful friend.
- Brother is in the hospital again... he started coughing and has a fever - she couldn't say more. She sat there huddled, wiping her tears.
The blonde girl approached, sitting beside her, and turned her gaze toward her.
- Don't worry, I'm sure he'll recover - she tried to comfort the girl.
- I don't know... not long ago, he almost died in the hospital... - she replied, depressed, finding it difficult to form sentences.
Finally, she couldn't hold back and threw herself onto Orine, pressing herself against her chest. The blue-eyed girl looked at her with pity and hugged her, gently patting her head. Ichika cried for another five minutes until she was too exhausted to continue grieving. She moved away from her friend, returning to a sitting position beside her. Orine looked at her with a smile, wanting to offer her encouragement.
- I'm sorry... I don't know what to do - her voice still quivered slightly, but she seemed much calmer.
- I didn't know something happened to him.
- It started when I was six years old. My brother suddenly had a fever, and we all went to the hospital. Mom said something about lung disease, but unfortunately, the X-ray didn't work. We didn't know what was wrong with him, the fever got worse, and he was barely conscious. Then mom and dad took him to a room, and they didn't let me in. After a week, he was better, but he still gets sick often. Today it's worse again, and he's back in the hospital. Mom told me to go to school, but I can't... I want to go to him.
- And what about Eito?
- He's calm, I don't know how he can be so composed. It was the same before; he didn't cry, he was probably angry...
- Let's go there together - Orine announced, standing up and extending her hand toward Ichika.
- Really? But what about school?
- We'll go to the teacher, she will surely agree.
- I forgot you're the student's council president - she replied, taking her friend's hand.

***

The girl's memories quickly flashed by, and Orine noticed that she hesitated for a moment. Wanting to get back to the conversation quickly, she decided to start by comforting Takumi.
- Don't worry. Together with Daichi and Rui, we support him as much as we can.
- "The police are useless. I can't even talk to him. Besides, what would I say to him? Everything will be fine? His sister disappeared, and he doesn't remember his parents... damn it" - the mechanic thought.
Talking to Hiro about this would only cause him pain, and going to the police station and inquiring about progress in the case would achieve nothing. He had been through this during Eito's disappearance. He visited the local police station three times a week, and they always gave him the same answer, "We're working on it, given the situation, please stay calm and discreet." He wondered why discreet? However, in a clash with the state machinery, he couldn't win. Hearing that his friends took care of the boy relieved him. He raised his head and looked at the girl with a sincere smile. Orine also smiled back at the mechanic.
- How does he bear it? - he asked, turning his gaze to the young man flipping through a car magazine.
- He tries to be cheerful and confident, but deep down, he's full of fear, uncertainty, and sorrow. He's great at hiding his problems, it's hard for him to open up to others - she replied, lowering her gaze.
- He tries to be strong, huh? After Eito disappeared, he takes everything upon himself. He should slow down sometimes.
- It's not easy to convince him.
- I know something about that - he said ironically. - You'll have your work cut out for you, but don't stop supporting him. This kid needs a lot of support and tenderness. It's evident, even though he thinks he hides it perfectly... Don't worry, I won't mention his parents.
- Thank you, please don't worry about Hiro. We won't leave him alone.
- You're welcome. I don't want to hurt him... Kare o daiji ni shite agete ne (Please take good care of him) - he nodded slightly.

The impatient young man decided to turn towards the people who were talking, wanting to join the conversation.
- What are you guys talking about? - he asked, closing the magazine.
- We're talking about this car - the girl pointed out.
The young man didn't suspect them of discussing anything serious. A few times he had been a listener to Orine's talks about cars, and her debate comparing the Nissan Skyline to the Toyota Supra remained in his memory to this day. He didn't want to engage in a conversation about vehicles because he didn't know much about them.
- It looks good, but I don't know much about cars - he said, getting up. - "They didn't even notice what I was looking at. Well, it's better that way. Ah, Takumi, hiding something like this in the magazine. Actually, it's quite clever, and the girls are pretty hot... I think I really lost it, looking at something like this. After all, I have to save my sister, Mr. Takeru situation is unclear and the director is dead, Naomi is barely holding on, and Koharu was kidnapped... I feel nervous yet calm, a strange feeling. Orine was right, this visit seem to have a pretty positive effect on me. But where does this calm come from? Maybe thanks to everyone, I don't know how I would handle it without their support - he thought, surprised at his own composure.
When Eito disappeared, he was more shaken, maybe because this time he knew where to look, or maybe he simply felt confident after a week of Reiki training. There was also a third option he hadn't thought of. Hiro had accumulated many negative emotions and stress, but he had never fully confided in his feelings. He locked them away, burying them as deep as possible. Perhaps he had managed to fool himself and really believed that he felt fine, but suppressing emotions like this always leads to a breakdown sooner or later. However, the young man had not yet reached that point. For now, the presence of close people helped him endure this difficult situation and postponed his collapse. He decided that for now, he would try not to think about it and simply give his all to fulfill the task he had set for himself.
- That's an understatement. A custom-made limited edition - the mechanic replied, crossing his arms.
- You got yourself a gem. It's strange that someone on the island has something like that - the young man replied, approaching the mechanic. Even if he didn't know much about cars, the term "limited edition" sounded impressive.
He looked at the car, it seemed nice to him, but he didn't have any further thoughts. To him, it was just a good-looking automobile. He was more interested in the owner of the car, but he was mentally drained and decided to skip the topic.
- I was surprised too, but I won't complain. Working with such a machine is pure pleasure.
- I won't drag this out - the boy said, looking at the clock on the wall. Two hours left until their meeting with the doctor. - Together with Orine, Daichi, and Rui, we're heading to the mainland.
- You're going there? - the man asked in shock.
- Yes, I have to find my sister and bring Eito back.
- I've heard rumors, to be honest, I'd stay as far away from it as possible - he said, looking at the young man as a parent who realized that his child had grown up. - But whatever I say, you'll do it anyway. I know you too well. Come outside and wait a moment - he added, and together with the younger ones, he left the workshop.
- What do you think it could be? - he asked, approaching the girl.
- I don't know - she replied, looking at the mechanic's house. - Aren't you going to tell him about Mr. Takeru?
- I can't - the boy replied, trying to keep his sadness in check. He knew Takumi should know the truth, but he couldn't bring himself to say it.
- In that case, I won't tell him either. Mr. Takeru is considered missing, it's better than news of his death - the girl said, deciding that it was best to leave this topic as unspoken.

Daichi's sister came to Hiro's mind as they were talking about Takeru. He took a deep breath and spoke.
- You know, I'm glad he doesn't know Koharu. Few times I told him about my friend having his sister in the hospital, but I never said precisely who it was.
- I thought mr. Takumi knows Daichi - she said, slightly surprised. She was certain that the mechanic knows more insides, due to the fact the chairman's Lexus is always serviced by him.
- He does, however Daichi told me to not mention his sister.
Orine didn't know that only few people knew about Koharu. The elegant man intentionally kept it for close people only.
- Fair enough, the last thing he'd want is his sister to be the main topic on the island.
- I think Takumi forgot about that already, he's really busy person.
- He really manages it all alone?
- Suprisingly he does. Actually he used to have workers, but they went to cities like Okinawa or Naha. I've heard all of his students are excellent and companies dealing with cars want them on board.
- Then why is he still at Miyagi? He could have a really prosperous career.
- You're right, however I think he just loves this place.
- I can't disagree. Our island has its own charm.
- Soudane (You are right) - an honest smile appeared on his face. - You know, I really appreciate your accompany. Thanks to you and others I somehow manage to keep myself straight. You were right about visiting Takumi... perhaps, just perhaps I will be able to open myself. Sorry if I don't make sense. Even tho many hardships are in front of us, I feel happy... weird, isn't it?
Hiro experienced a rush of warmth, as if in that moment, endless possibilities stretched before him. He hadn't intended to confess these feelings to her, but somehow, he couldn't resist the urge to reveal his true emotions.
- I don't find it strange at all. In fact, I believe maintaining a positive outlook is essential. As you mentioned, we'll encounter many challenges, and if we let ourselves fall into depression and negativity, we won't achieve anything. I'm confident that Mr. Takeru would also want you to carry on in this manner - the girl replied, clearly pleased that Hiro was making an effort to open up.
She observed his expression, which appeared to be filled with happiness and determination.
- Souka (I see) - he said, starting to chuckle.
- You're really a piece of work - she replied and began to chuckle along with him.
Soon, the chuckle turned into full-blown laughter. Orine partially understood that it was one of his ways of dealing with stress, however, she also felt comfortable around him. Even though it had only been a week, their bond had already strengthened a lot. With smiles on their faces, they once again forgot about all the hardships and simply enjoyed the moment. They looked like childhood friends reminiscing about the funniest memories they shared. Orine, who had been anxious about discreetly telling Takumi about Hiro's parents, was finally able to relax and ease her concerns, while the young man was brimming with newfound motivation.

After a minute of laughter, they stopped upon hearing the mechanic hastily closing the door. They turned their gaze towards the house and saw the man approaching them. He immediately reached out to Hiro with a clenched hand.
- What's this? - the young man asked.
- Onamori - he replied, showing a talisman. - When I opened the workshop, I went to the shrine to ask for good fortune and randomly chose this talisman. You need it more than I do.
- Are you sure? It's a part of this place's history - the boy stated, unsure if he should accept the gift.
- Come on, don't be stubborn. Business is going well, I have plenty of customers, and this is your first time traveling outside Okinawa. Don't hesitate - Takumi insisted.
- Arigatou-gozaimasu (Thank you very much) - the young man said, taking the talisman and putting it in the front pocket of his shirt. He knew that it was pointless to argue with the mechanic after he made up his mind.
- Since you're leaving, what will you do with the car? - Takumi inquired.
- Actually, I didn't think about it - the boy replied, surprised. He had completely forgotten about the automobile.

He thought about leaving the keys with Takumi, but he had no idea how he could deliver them. After all, time was running out. Owning a car at the age of twenty was not a common practice in Japan. Typically, a family would have one car that they would occasionally share with their kids, who, after passing their driver's license exams, could practice driving. It was the same for Hiro. Although he didn't remember his parents, he felt like he had some. He couldn't assign them faces or names, he had no memories, but the unfamiliar feeling made him not think about Satoru and Akari at all. It was as if they had always lived alone, and the emptiness in his mind seemed entirely normal.
- Don't worry, I have plenty of free time. I'll come by. When are you leaving?
- In about an hour and a half.
- I'll take care of your car, don't worry.
- Thank you, you're a lifesaver - he replied, exhaling in relief.
- Now, take this beauty with you. You wouldn't want to waste your chance - he whispered to Hiro, patting him on the back.
- Yes, of course - the boy replied with a smile, feeling a bit embarrassed by the mechanic's words. After a moment, his heart raced briefly as he remembered the situation with Orine when she jumped on him, but fortunately, he quickly managed to regain his composure.
- Alright, I wish you both the best of luck. Return safe and sound. May Watatsumi (the god of the sea) be in a good mood today.
- We hope so too. Goodbye
- Goodbye, Mr. Takumi - the girl said.

Both of them left the mechanic's property. They decided to head straight to Hiro's house. On the way, they talked about Takumi, and Orine decided to impart some automotive knowledge to her friend. He listened to her with intense curiosity, hanging on to every word she spoke. He wasn't particularly interested in cars, but he found himself captivated by her passionate speech, considering in his past, he had actively avoided such conversations this turn out of events was surprising even to the girl. Unexpectedly, after twenty minutes of slow walking, they heard the sound of a car. Turning around, they noticed the familiar black Lexus. The vehicle slowed down and stopped next to Hiro. The chairman rolled down the window as the young man looked at him in surprise.
- I didn't expect to see you here - Hiro exclaimed, his gaze filled with astonishment.
- After a conversation with my parents I decided to give everyone a ride - the charming young man responded, leaning his elbow on the open car window.
- You've gone a bit off course - he replied, adjusting his curly hair.
-I assumed that you were paying a visit to Mr. Takumi. It would have been rather awkward to depart without bidding farewell to the longtime mechanic - Daichi said, releasing his hand from the steering wheel.
- Are we going to pick up Rui? - he asked as he walked across the street toward the car.
- Exactly. We'll arrive a little earlier at the meeting place, but it'll give us more time - the chairman explained, glancing toward Orine.
- Punctuality has always been your strong suit. I'd prefer to be right on time - Hiro commented, completely unaware of any hidden motive on Daichi's part. - Orine, would you like to sit in the front or the back? - he asked, turning around.
- I'd prefer the back- she replied, making her way to the rear doors of the Lexus. She slowly opened the door and settled in behind the driver.
- All right, I'll go to the other side - Hiro said, taking the passenger seat next to Daichi.

The chairman rolled up the window, released the handbrake, and drove off in the direction of Rui's apartment. Orine remained silent, simply observing the route through the window next to her. Hiro decided to start a conversation to make the car ride pass more quickly.
- How was it with your parents? - he asked, glancing briefly at the driver.
- Honestly, the majority of the visit transpired as I had anticipated - the chairman replied in a calm tone. - My father maintained a resolute and stern demeanor, yet I could discern his concern. On the other hand, my mother struggled to restrain her tears. I could perceive the fear in her eyes, despite her attempts to conceal it - he added, shifting gears.
- Most of it? Did something extraordinary happen? - he asked curiously, staring at the road
- I learned some interesting information - he said, squinting his eyes. - It won't help us much on this journey, so I won't hold it against you if you don't want to hear about it.
- I told you that you can talk to me about anything, I'll listen willingly - he said, concerned about his friend's demeanor. Although he himself doesn't share everything with his close ones, he always encourages his friends to share their difficulties.
- Very well, then...

The chairman began to recount everything he had heard from his father, as well as the brief conversation with his mother. Orine seemed absent at first, but as soon as the bespectacled man started telling his story, she listened attentively. She contemplated whether any of the facts could help them, but she concluded that there was no point in overthinking it further, as the new facts had raised even more questions for which she couldn't find answers.
- Are you an aristocrat? - Hiro asked, smiling.
- Considering all the factors, one cannot rule it out - the chairman chuckled, and upon seeing the green-eyed young man's smile grow wider, he added - It sounds rather absurd.
- Well, you were quite the big shot at university. None of the students had that much power, almost as if you were the protagonist of some school-themed anime, with teachers, psychology, and all that - Hiro remarked, adjusting his seatbelt, which had been pressing a bit too tightly.
He didn't dwell too much on the new information, instead, he embraced it, following the principle Suguna had instilled in him.
- I think you'd make a great side character, maybe some sort of pervert, the main character's friend - Orine chimed in, breaking her silence and resting her head on the headrest.
- Where did you get that idea? - he asked, surprised by her sarcastic jest, and decided to join in the playful banter.
- Let's think about it. You probably have a whole pyramid of lewd doujinshi, and you love sex-related jokes - she replied, raising an eyebrow.
- What's wrong with reading erotic manga? - he inquired, thinking it was worth extending the jest a bit further.
- Succubi, school stories or group banging? You're not 16 anymore - she said, spreading her arms with a mischievous smile.
- Since we're heading home, you can read a few, maybe you'll become a fan - he countered, turning towards her.
- I'll read them if you read Norwegian Wood - she replied, thinking that Hiro don't typically read purely romantic novels.
- Fair enough, I'll stick with my succubi - he conceded.

The chairman had been suppressing his laughter throughout the conversation but couldn't hold it in any longer. He burst into genuine laughter, surprising Orine and Hiro.
- If you were aware of the type of stories he actually read, you might find it surprising - Daichi said, wiping his teary eyes.
- What kind of stories do you read? - Orine asked, intrigued, looking mischievously at the shorter boy.
- Don't say it. It's meant to stay between the three of us - he replied bashfully, glancing at the driver.
- Is it true that he has many erotic titles, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. There's a part he hardly shows to anyone. Namely, romantic stories that usually end with a wedding or just the main male character entering relationship with the main female character.
- So, you'd like to find a sweet, innocent girl who'll confess her love to you? - Orine teased, swaying.
- Uruse (shut up) - Hiro retorted, blushing and turning his gaze toward the window.
- Don't be angry. Honestly, I think it's beautiful - the charming young man said, glancing at his friend from the corner of his eye.

Daichi respected Hiro's view on romantic matters. He wholeheartedly supported him, believing he belonged to the minority who thought this way about relationships. After a moment, Orine burst into laughter as well. The curly-haired boy was clearly embarrassed. He didn't like to reveal this type of secrets to girls.
- Sorry, that surprised me - she said, wiping her eyes. - I didn't expect this. I thought you were just an ordinary pervert. Who would have thought you were hiding such a sweet side?
- I don't like to talk about it, especially with girls - Hiro sighed.
- Why? - she asked, tilting her head, realizing she might have unintentionally offended her friend.
- Once, he opened up about his views on love to some junior high girls. They laughed at him, much like you did now - he replied, glancing at the rearview mirror, where he could see the blond girl's face.
- I'm sorry - Orine said, feeling uncomfortable, realizing that she might have unintentionally hurt her friend.
- Doudemoi (It doesn't matter), I know how ridiculous it sounds - he said, resting his chin on his hand.
- I have to agree with Daichi. I think your attitude towards relationships is better than most guys your age - the girl said seriously, slowly turning to the chairman. - You know something about that, right?
- Of course - he nodded. - I think your approach is much healthier than mine - he added, addressing the young man sitting beside him.
- You had a good reason for it. Anyway, it doesn't matter, we'll be picking up Rui soon, and if he catches onto this, he won't leave us alone.
- Sometimes my head feels like it's going to explode from his talk - the girl said, sinking into her seat.
- Indeed, it's getting more interesting day by day - the chairman remarked.

Rui's house was now close by. After the discussion about Hiro's little secret, the car fell silent. The impasse was broken by an energetic young man who took a seat beside the blue-eyed girl.
- What's up with this downer vibe?- he asked, noticing the lack of conversation.
- We were driving in blissful silence, but unfortunately, you broke it - Orine replied, engaging in friendly banter.
- Huh? Did I stumble into the geezers' wheels? My bad, must've hopped into the wrong ride - he retorted, leaning against the door.
- We got bored of talking when you entered - she countered, crossing her arms.
- Changed your outfit again? - the short man asked, noticing the green-haired boy's new clothes.
- I thought I'd freeze in that shirt - he replied, fastening his seatbelt.
The boy was wearing a black sweatshirt and a lightweight leather jacket. He comfortably sprawled across the seat and began staring at the car's roof.
- I've never seen you in that jacket before - Hiro commented.
- I got it from my grandpa. It's straight outta his youth days - he replied, grabbing the collar.
- What does he think about it? - the curly-haired boy asked.
- He told me to defend my friends, cooperate, and not let emotions take over - he said, looking at the windshield.
- In your case, the last request seems the most challenging - Daichi remarked, wiping the windshield.
- I'll manage, but I won't hold back when I spot that blond dude - he declared, trying his best to keep his composure.
- I don't blame you. I doubt I'll hold back from pummeling that jerk either - the boy beside the driver said.
- You'd both be crushed by the first Reiki adept you encounter - the girl stated firmly, tempering the excitement of the men.
- That's why we'll look for a qualified teacher - Daichi replied, adjusting his glasses.
- If only it were that simple - the blue-eyed girl said, turning her head toward the window.
The rest of the journey passed without much conversation. The only person who tried to engage the others in discussion was Rui, but it didn't receive much response from the other passengers. After less than 15 minutes, the four of them arrived at Hiro's house. It was time for the final stop before Taibo Beach.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97 39 17
Time is running out for Usoko Tachibana! Knowing she has only weeks, if not days, left to live due to her energy buildup, Usoko seeks out those who m...
249K 11.6K 104
β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ π™’π™π™šπ™§π™š.. π™©π™π™š π™π™šπ™‘π™‘ 𝙖𝙒 𝙄? ❞ βˆ˜β‚Šβœ§β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€βœ§β‚Šβˆ˜ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...
147K 6.7K 45
In a vibrant high school community, Aubert Hiro was an incredibly talented and passionate volleyball player, destined for greatness. However, a pivot...
16.7K 429 42
Hikari is a normal girl, like everyone, on the outside, but she has an unknown power hidden inside her. One day she meets a mysterious girl, who tell...