Ancestral Cataclysm (Illustra...

By VinoLeunc

In 2055, a magnificent discovery happen. A new race of hominins is found frozen in deep Alaska. This unidenti... More

Prologue
Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 007
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017 - 40 kilometers per hour
Chapter 018
Chapter 019
Chapter 020
Chapter 021 - Distress Call
Chapter 022
Chapter 023
Chapter 024 - A phone call was made
Chapter 025 - Did Ros really do that?
Chapter 026 - The Observant, The Ignorant, And The Untouchable
Chapter 027 - Elad's Bunker
Chapter 028
Chapter 029 - Blue Lantern
Chapter 030 - Who is There?!
Chapter 031
Chapter 032
Chapter 033
Chapter 034
Chapter 035
Chapter 036 - Natural Conversation
Chapter 037
Chapter 038
Chapter 039 - Real-Life Superpower
Chapter 040 - King of Fruit
Chapter 041 - The Stadium
Chapter 042 - Now
Chapter 043 - Near Death
Chapter 045 - Michellin Award
Chapter 046 - Thwarting
Chapter 047 - What Must I Do?
Chapter 048 - Jumps
Chapter 049
Chapter 050 - 43 hours
Chapter 051 - Drifting
Chapter 052 - Eagle
Chapter 053 - Diversity
Chapter 054 - Candi Jagat Tuwo
Chapter 055 - Pray
Chapter 056 - White Tiger
Chapter 057 - Bite It
Chapter 058 - Biosemiotics
Chapter 059 - Pirates?
Chapter 060 - Primitive
Chapter 061 - Long Crates
Chapter 062 - Victim
Chapter 063 - Reunion
Chapter 064- Extraction
Chapter 065 - Meteorite
Chapter 066 - Found
Chapter 067 - Revenge
Chapter 068 - Wait For Us
Chapter 069 - Dead End?
Chapter 070 - Extinct
Chapter 071 - Ros
Chapter 072 - Ros Story
Chapter 073 - Infiltration 1
Chapter 074 - Infiltration 2
Chapter 075 - Infiltration 3
Chapter 076 - Infiltration 4
Chapter 077 - Infiltration 5
Chapter 078 - The Identity

Chapter 044

2 1 0
By VinoLeunc

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!"

Now Gerald, Yeum Bi, Rory, and Qunn must stand submissively in a closed room that is far from other residents, so no one will hear them get scolded seriously.

"Now because of your reckless action, two of our best soldiers were gone! If they are still here, they may help for more, but now, they are gone! How do you take responsibility for this?! Your action must based on bigger-scale thinking. You must prioritize the safety of the expert people..." The Chief of the military in the stadium scolds them seriously, but before he finishes his word, someone comes to that room and cuts his scolding.

"And let the little Yuna die? Is that what you mean?" That person is the President Yoo Gi Hwan.

"I understand why you are angry, but we can not be idealistic every time. Yuna is our citizen, she is this country's future, and she is the bloodline of General Seol that was already made many great contributions to this country. Can you imagine how Yuna feels, must survive alone in that bathroom, hearing her own parents want to eat her? She waited for long for us to come and help her, but we never came, until today her own adopted siblings came and sacrificed themselves. Can you imagine that?"

What Pres. Yoo Gi Hwan said making everyone in that room silent.

"OK, let's all just take the lesson from here. I believe Yeum Bi and others also have a regret for what happened, isn't it?" Yoo Gi Hwan said.

"Yes, sir. Totally apologize, sir. Promise it will never happen again." Gerald said.

Then that tense situation just finished. Gerald, Rory, and Qunn follow Pres. Yoo Gi Hwan to somewhere inside the stadium.

"Yeum Bi, I think you can stay beside Yuna. I permit you to be off duty until Yuna gets well." Yoo Gi Hwan said.

"Thank you. Thank you very much, Mr. President." And without hesitation, Yeum Bi just runs to the infirmary where Yuna gets medication care.

"Gerald, Rory, Qunn... Tomorrow you all will leave for Dokdo early in the morning. At 6 o'clock I hope you are all already ready and go. My man will escort you to Yangyang and by boat you will continue to Dokdo. I think I need to deliver quite many supplies for Dokdo too, you can help me as a courier too, right?"

"Sure, Gladly we will deliver your supplies to Dokdo. We also already feel grateful for your help." Gerald said.

"Alright, maybe you can rest right now, this is already quite late at night, besides tomorrow you all must wake up earlier, right?"

Then that night they all rest.

Today experience opened their eyes that the pandemic and the infected are not a joke. The feeling is like a victim surrounded by a bunch of hungry hyenas, but way more dangerous because they are faster, stronger, more agile, can grab, etc...

Just hope they are never in that scary situation again. But who can guarantee?

So that night they just rest, and early in the morning, they are escorted to Yangyang just like Pres. Yoo Gi Hwan said. It takes some hours to be done.

On that trip, all of them are silent. Only Qunn looks so sad because Yeum Bi is no longer with them. Of course, it is understandable, she already arrived in her country, and now her youngest sister is in need. Well, after spending a few times together, she is useful too because she is trained in the military and can help Gerald, now only Gerald alone must protect them. But, it is what it is. Now only four of them continue to Dokdo island.

***

In Elad's Bunker.

Jacobson walks to the futuristic lab, just like his usual way of walking, arrogant but firm.

"I heard your experiment will be done in a moment, how is the result?" Said Jacobson after entering that futuristic lab.

"So far so good. At a moment the genetic transformation will be done." Said Lorn.

"How is the situation up there?" Elad asked Jacob.

"Just like usual, the infected sometimes try to enter this area, but your defense is perfect, I don't need to do anything else," Jacob said.

"What about the primate? They successfully resurrected him, right?" Elad asked again.

"If you can catch him, maybe I can learn more many things," Lorn said adding.

"Ah, because of your request to capture that primate, My man can't focus on killing the infected. I lose many of my men because of that." Jacob answered.

"As you see right now, even just by his DNA structure I can make this innovation. So you can imagine what if I can have the living source object, right?" Lorn said.

"Alright-alright... I didn't say I gave up, right? I still trying to find it. Later I will send more units to find it, satisfied? You just focus on this experiment. Is it really being done today or what?" Jacob said.

"Done. Alright, let's see if it is a success or not." Lorn said.

Then their attention now fully on the futuristic chamber where the oldest Maroni receiving the DNA transformation.

The liquid inside the chamber is draining.

After it is completely drained, Lorn opens the chamber and operates the standard protocol like slowly reducing the sedative mechanism, restoring or awakening the subject, and releasing the breath support when the subject is awake.

The oldest Maroni just coughs after he wakes up and his live support is released from him. But after almost a week or more in static condition, now the oldest Maroni doesn't feel any muscle stiffness.

He can immediately stand up and breathe like normal.

"How do you feel?" Lorn asked the oldest Maroni.

"I... I feel good. I feel very healthy." The oldest Maroni said.

Nothing changed based on his appearance, he still has the same hair, the same eye color, the same everything... Just his body muscles just look more firm and prepared.

"Alright, good. Take your time, after you wear your outfit we can start the test right away." Lorn said.

And it doesn't need a long time, the oldest Maroni can walk right away, he wears his training outfit that is completed with a body sensor that can read every Maroni's biological condition. Then the test is also done right away.

First, the oldest Maroni must run as fast as he can, so he runs on a treadmill and the result is amazing, he can run 38 kilometers per hour for a long time, and his speed and stamina become amazing.

Then the next test is a standing jump. And he can jump at 170 cm high, the same record as the world record leader.

The last test is weight lifting, he can lift 180 kilograms without hard work. So when tested for maximum, he successfully lifted the maximum weight is 280 kilograms, which already broke the record.

And nothing is wrong with the oldest Maroni, he is perfectly healthy.

"Wow, you make a superhuman," Jacob said.

"Congratulations Lorn, you made it." Said Elad.

"See, nothing to worry about. He even can live until 130 years old without worries." Lorn said.

The oldest Maroni is very happy, he says thank you many times. But as stated before, he is very loyal, so now with every great physical body that he has, he still going to obey Elad.

"So what are you waiting for Elad? You next." Lorn said.

Elad smiles as wide as he can. He then just opened his clothes before...

"Excuse me, sir, I just got the news that now Gerald and his team are on the way to Dokdo island. What we need to do, sir?" Elad's AI secretary, Utopia, suddenly gives the report.

"Ah, why you don't tell me you know where they are? Should I command my unit to take them here?" Jacob said.

"Nah... you don't need to worry about them yet, Jacob. So far what they did still have a probability to give me a benefit. But, I don't know why I love to disturb them. Just my instinct sometimes told me they maybe can become a problem, but based on logic they maybe can give me benefit, something like that." Elad said.

"Utopia, just send a message to Todoroki, Shingen. I will support his idea if he is willing to keep his promise and willing to do something for that group, you know what I mean, right? Ros, Gerald, and the rest." Elad said again.

"Yes, understood, sir. Right away sir." Utopia said.

"And Utopia, please make sure no one besides Lorn and Jacob can enter this room while I am in the chamber," Elad said.

"Understood, sir," Utopia answered.

Then Elad continued to prepare himself to become the next subject of Lorn's DNA modification. So maybe for a week, or maybe more, or maybe less, Elad will be out of control of this world.

***

The Parallel Story of Jeff.

A security guard in that secret Japanese shelter near Washington DC walks by himself to the storage building that is separated from the main building.

He brings along a phone with him in that early night situation.

"Jeff? Here is a phone call for you. From Lord Tanaka." That guard said when opening the storage building's main door.

Inside that dark storage room, a person who looks shabby stands up and receives that call.

"Hello Jeff, how are you? Is anything fine there?" Lord Tanaka said through the phone call.

"Oh Lord Tanaka, please help me Lord, how long have I already waited here? One week? More? I already lost count. Every day I only eat rice with natto*, I think I already lost my appetite too." Jeff said. (*natto is a food that was invented and popular in Japan, it is a kind of fermented soybean.)

"Ha-ha-ha... Natto is delicious, isn't it? It is good for your health too." Said Lord Tanaka teasing.

"I don't know anymore. Just better rather than eating mouse here." Jeff said.

"Ha-ha-ha... Well, you still have it, don't you? The artifact?" Lord Tanaka asked.

"Of course, I hold it tightly every day, I even bring it with me when I go to the toilet," Jeff said.

"Good... Tomorrow morning, Japan will send the first plane to pick up some of the people there. You just follow my man's direction, maybe I can spare you a seat in the cargo area. Hope you can understand... Rather you have a problem with a passenger who is unsatisfied with your existence, it is better if you are still in hiding condition, aren't you?"

"Why it takes time so long? Until a week or more like this?" Jeff asked.

"Well, the situation is not easy. Japan's government must work hard first too, to successfully lock this country. Japan is not a small island country, you know...?! So now after they successfully locked the country, set everything right for the citizens living in it, so just then they can arrange the plan to pick up other Japanese people outside the country. By the way, Japanese people in that shelter also do not complain, why do you complain?"

"Alright, never mind. As long as I can arrive in Japan and safe. I think I still can hold for a few moments."

"Good, don't forget to bring the artifact with you... OK?"

"Of course Lord Tanaka, thank you very much."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 28.3K 38
A comic apocalyptic sci-fi romp. The zombie apocalypse has come and gone, the world has ended, humanity has crumbled... Nobody told the aliens. Ali...
3.3K 235 21
Humans are quite possibly the lowest level of life from what I can tell. They just come and go as they please, destroy what they please, and contain...
329 24 20
*Prologue* To be entirely honest with you, I never really considered my future. It's not like I needed to...right? Why would you care about jobs and...
842 460 40
I've never been able to taste fear before, but I do now, it lingers in the air. Like a flame. Kindled by the president, fed by the citizens, and I'm...