Lost In The Darkness {Edited}

By Ms_CornSalad

Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and doe... More

Copyright ©️
Author Note
Introduction and TW
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter~3
Chapter~4
Chapter~5
Chapter~6
Chapter~7
Chapter~8
Chapter~9
Chapter~10
Chapter~11
Chapter~12
Chapter~13
Chapter~14
Chapter~15
Chapter ~16
Chapter~17
Chapter~18
Chapter~19
Chapter~21
Chapter~22
Chapter~23
Chapter~ 24
Chapter~25
Chapter~26
chapter~27
Chapter - 28
Chapter~29
Chapter~30
Chapter~31
Chapter ~32
Chapter~33
Chapter~34
Chapter~35
Chapter~36
Chapter~37
Chapter~38
Chapter ~39
Chapter~40
Chapter~41
Chapter~42
Chapter~43
Chapter~44
Chapter~45
Chapter~46
Chapter~47
Chapter~48
Chapter~49
Chapter~50
Chapter ~ 51

Chapter~20

568 21 13
By Ms_CornSalad

Like
.
.

.

Comment
.
.
.

Enjoy <33
.
.

.

Dante's POV:

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. For the first time, there will be a truce signed and peace will prevail."

Why did I agree to meet this disgusting prick? Bastards are aware of my stand concerning their practices involving flesh trade. 

"Luigi Giordano, I expected something better taking in your desperation to arrange this meeting. However, I am highly disappointed considering you wasted my precious time." My words hinted that I had no interest in joining hands with them.

Not when what they do ruins the life of innocents at extreme cost. 

"As always, it is hard to please your expectations. Then, Mr. Rossi, I tell you what, one day I will present an offer that you won't be able to decline." His words irked me to an extent. What is he trying to say?

"I believe you are not stupid to threaten me." I raised an eyebrow at him, my eyes staring at him blankly. 

"Of course not. I won't risk waging a war between the families." He chuckled.

"Let's end this meeting. Marco will escort you outside our club." I ignored Luigi's extended hand and pointed to the door. Marco caught the drift and left with Luigi.

"I loathe those bastards." Vincenzo muttered.

The question is who doesn't despise those bastards?

"Did you get any information on Van?" Vincenzo questioned.

"No. Even if I did, I wouldn't tell anyone." I shrugged my shoulders, getting up from my chair.

"But we deserve to know if you do find something." His statement made me frown. 

"What do you mean by 'deserve'? So far, I believe none of us actually deserve to know shit." I scoffed. Deserve? What a joke.

"But we are her brothers, her family." He softly justified his 'deservedness'. 

"Does she consider you, her brother? Or does she accept us as her family? I don't fucking think so. If given the chance, she would rather choose skulls and bones over us any day."

"Skulls and fucking what?" Vincenzo frowned not able to understand what I said. This morning I received a random package with a fake skull and fake blood all over it. A note that said, 'Your office is in dire need of something not-so-boring', was attached to it.

As weird as the gift was, I actually smiled and put that shit on my desk. How could I not? My sister gave it to me. 

There was a knock on the door and Marco's figure popped in. 

"I don't know how you will react to this but I'm just letting you know. Nic and Matthew are in the club." 

"That's normal. Why is that making you shake in your boots?" I asked, aware that it was something else that was making him nervous.

"Yeaah...It is your sister. She is with them and from what I could tell, she is wasted." Vincenzo, the mother hen, ran out of the office like his butt was on fire. 

"It is fine. Let her have fun but make sure she is safe." I commanded, earning a nod from him.

When he was about to leave, I stated further "And don't let her leave. I will drive her back home." 

"Yes, boss." With that he left.

When I was sure he left, I switched on my laptop which was linked to the feed of every camera view in this club. After searching for a while, I finally spotted my sister. She did not look drunk, not at all. 

I frowned when she somehow without getting noticed, excused herself. My frown deepened when I realized she was following someone. Unfortunately, I could not make out who it was.

When I switched to the next feed, I realized she was either unaware of the blackspot or it she knew about it.

I quickly got up and made my way out of the office. My pace was quick as I made my way through so many people to get to my sister. She is safe. She is safe. Nothing will happen to her. She is safe. 

I chanted the mantra to keep my paranoia at bay, but I was unsuccessful. She doesn't know that her life is always in danger. Although, no one is aware about her at the moment, but it always means someone definitely is aware. There are no secrets in Mafia. Someone always know.

Fuck, fuck, bloody hell. I felt my heart beating against my ribcage when I couldn't find her. She wasn't there. 

I pulled out my phone and called Marco. 

"Vanessa, where is she? I told you to make sure she is safe. Where the hell is she?" 

"Boss, calm down. She is with us. She has been with us and hasn't left our side since." Marco responded.

What? How is that possible? I am sure I didn't imagine it. My eyes traced her leaving figure. I hang the call up and open the same feed in my phone.

"Was I hallucinating?" I muttered when the footage I saw was nowhere to be found.

I am pretty sure it was real. I am not seeing things again. No, I stopped seeing them. They stopped years ago. I am not sick or mental. I am fine. Fuck. Fuck. 

Did I forget to take my meds? Why can't I remember?

Am I losing my mind again?

Bloody hell!

~*~*~

Vanessa's POV:

"Let'ssss gooo homeee" I fake slurred. 

The psycho unintentionally made the best choice to bring us here. She brought us here at the same time as Luigi Giordano and his fucking puppets and my trusted intel.

Another best thing? I got Matthew, Nicolo and Vincenzo drunk out of their wits that they didn't realize I was gone for 10 minutes. Dante did, but sometimes what you see doesn't exist.

Marco was busy flirting with a girl to even pay attention to anything else. So, what I have stuffed in my bra wasn't that difficult to get. To make it clearer, I have the codes to the venue of auction and a memory card with other details worth billion dollars for free. 

That's what connections and loyalty can get you. Don't misunderstand me, I still do not trust anyone, but sometimes, in this fucked up world, there are people whose loyalties lies with moralities. It is rare yes, but not impossible. My intel is one such rare species of this world.

"I will call boss, he said he will take you home." Marco stated and excused himself.

"Excuuuuuseee Meeee." I excused myself and headed towards the bar where Lucas from the cafe was working as a bartender.

First time is a coincidence, and the second time is an opportunity. An opportunity I definitely seek to exploit.

"Lucas" I called him out, not pretending to be drunk anymore.

Upon hearing his name, he turned towards me. Excusing himself, he approached me.

"You remember my name." He awkwardly said when I didn't speak anything.

"Somethings are hard to forget." I smirked.

Leaning over the table, I rested my elbows on the hard surface and placed my palm under my chin.

"I wanted to tell you something." I whispered, nodding at him to come closer. When he bends his head a little, I stood up and my mouth was hovering over his ears.

"If we, by any chance, come across each other again, I would take it as a sign." After whispering, I put distance between us.

My eyes locked on his face, and he was staring at me with a crimson painting his expression. 

"Take it as a sign of what?" He gulped, avoiding my eyes and settling his gaze on my neck.

"You will find out." Soon, I wanted to add. 

The next time we will meet, it won't be any luck or coincidence but solely my choice. What I do know for sure is, he will meet me. 

"Sorella." I heard Dante shouting my name. Time for me to leave. 

With one last glance at Lucas, I stride tipsily towards my supervisor. 

Finally, everything seems to settle in the way I want. Hopefully, the so-called God or Satan won't fuck me up again. 

Because this time, I won't sit still and will definitely fuck them over as well.

_________________________________________

A/N: LOOOOK, who is hereeeee? Meeeee

Anyways, how was the chapter? Did you like it? 

Anything you wanna say?

Any suggestions?

NO? OKIEE..BABAYEEE!!

Love,
Ms_CornSalad <33333

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 24.7K 49
(This book has been completely rewritten, you can find the new version on my page under the title "Silently Drowning", the rewritten version is also...
447K 13.7K 30
"Whatever you have that stupid grin on your face for, the answer is no. No smoking, no guns, none of your Mafia friends, none of any of that. And mos...
1.8M 43.8K 52
Liliana has always had a bad life. Ever since she was five, her mother would date the wrong people who would corrupt her, and she was the one who alw...
266K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...