HEARTBEAT

By kaitlynxstoriiess

TRIGGER WARNING! Self harm, suicide, eating disorder, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, trauma THIS IS A NIC... More

MC
1. Friends?
2. Help
3. Real
4. Crush
5. Confused
6. Kiss
7. Feelings
8. Secret
10. Boyfriend?
11. Out
12. Mess
13. Safe
14. Paris
15. French
16. Heated
Hiatus
Sorry...

9. Guilt

256 6 2
By kaitlynxstoriiess

Nick was just playing a normal match when he spotted Tao storming off then Charlie having a panic attack. Nick ran over towards him.

"Charlie!" Nick yelled as Charlie fell to the ground his knees to his chest as he was hugging them tears pouring down his face. Nick crouched down to his level and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Charlie what's wrong?!" Nick asked.

"I... can't... b- breath!" Charlie managed to get out. Everyone else rushed over her.

"Miss Charlie's having a panic attack!" Nick said in a panic voice

In this moment Nick didn't even care if people became suspicious all that mattered was Charlie. Nick crouched down to meet his level and took Charlie's hands in his.

"Charlie it's okay I'm here... just..." Nick placed one of his hand and placed it on his chest. "Follow my breathing..."

And that's all Charlie needed to feel. Is Nick's heartbeat. It was going a little fast. Charlie smile to himself at how fast it was. Charlie couldn't tell if it was because of him or because of how scared he was for him.

Everyone gave them suspicious look and whispers flew around them, but Nick didn't care.

"Are you okay now?" Nick said softly.

"Yeah... thanks" Charlie faintly said. Nick stood up helping Charlie up too.

"Nick why don't you take him back to the locker room and get him some water." Nick nodded.

***

At the locker room Charlie sat down on the bench while Nick went into his locker grabbing his water bottle and gave it to Charlie.

"Here... drink out of mine." Nick told him as he sat beside him. After he took a drink he gave it back to Nick as he sat it behind him.

Charlie looked at him giving him a slight smile.

"So you gonna tell me what happened?" Nick asked. Charlie looked down.

"Tao found out about us and now he's not talking to me." Charlie said looking down. Nick sighed.

"I feel like this is my fault..." Charlie looked up.

"Nick no! This is not you're fault! I promise! Can I just... have a hug?" Nick let out a low breathy chuckle smiling pulling Charlie in a tight hug Nick wrapped his arms around his neck as Charlie had his arms wrapped around Nicks torso as he was leaning in towards him. They pulled away. Charlie gave Nick a confused look.

"Why did you help me... in front of everyone... someone could've found out about us. Coach Singh could've easily helped me. You took a big risk... why?" Charlie asked. Nick chuckled looking down shaking his head. Nick looked up at Charlie cupping his cheek caressing it.

"Because! Your worth any risk!" Nick laughed. "And I... care about you" Nick said in a more serious tone.

Charlie's face steamed up as they looked into each other eyes. They started to lean in as their lips finally connected at last.

***

TAO HOUSE

Tao, Elle and Isaac were sitting on Taos bed having a film night at his house and obviously Charlie wasn't invited because last time they spoke he stormed off knowing Charlie told everyone about him and Nick but Tao.

"Where's Charlie?" Isaac asked. 

"I didn't invite him..." Tao said.

"What why not! He's our friend too!" Elle yelled.

"Correction. You're friend."

"Okay... what happened between you two?" Isaac asked.

"I found out that he told everyone but me about Nick and him" Tao sighed. Elle and Isaac looked at each other.

If Charlie doesn't care why should he.

"But he's your best friend! Y'all have been best friends since year 7, longer than this friend group existed!"

Tao looked down knowing Elle was telling the truth.

***

TRUHAM

Even though Charlie told Nick it
wasn't his fault he couldn't help but feel guilty. I mean this would of never have happen if he just came out. He realizes he's just like Ben who kept Charlie a secret he's doing what Ben did. He is exactly like him. Maybe He doesn't deserve Charlie.

Charlie walked in form and noticed tears running down Nick's face. Was he crying? He sat down by Nick.

"Hey... what's wrong are you okay?" Charlie asked a worried expression.

"What?" Nick asked confused.

"You're crying." Charlie quickly wiped a tear off Nick's face.

Honestly he was too caught up in his thoughts that he hadn't even noticed he was crying.

"Yeah..." Nick said looking down.

"Nick? What's going on?" Charlie asked.

"Nothing it's stupid."

"Nick... you can talk to me" Charlie put a hand on his under the table so no one could see.

"I guess... I'm scared of being like Ben. Maybe I should just come out..." Charlie already heard enough he just pulled him into a tight hug.

"No you're not coming out you shouldn't have to if your not ready! And you'll never! Be like Ben! Ever!" Charlie assured him. They finally pulled away.

"I don't deserve someone as amazing as you" Charlie blushed at Nick's comment.

***

Charlie and Nick and Nick were walking down the hallway when all the sudden Harry jumped him.

"So Charlie I was wondering because like you're the only gay boy here." Harry put his arm around Charlie, laughing. "What's it like? You know being attracted to guy?" Harry teased. Nick was getting so mad.

"It's fine..." Charlie didn't know how to stand up for himself so there was nothing he could do. Nick grabbed Harry pulling him off of Charlie.

"Harry can you just fuck off please!" Nick yelled.

"Mate! What's up with you! You're always ditching us to hang out with this fag-

Nick cut him off by grabbing him by the collar and slamming him against the locker. Charlie looked surprised at his actions. Nick had his fist up like he was about to punch him. He didn't want Nick to get in trouble so he touched his shoulder getting his attention.

"Nick it's honestly fine!!" Tears were starting to form in Charlie's eyes. "Just please... leave it." Charlie said a little quieter. Nick took a deep breath before dropping his fist and stepping back towards Charlie.

"Now as I was saying!" Harry grinned. "Is he you're boyfriend or something?!" Harry chuckled. Nick was getting angrier by the second. "Oh fuck you!" Nick walked off hitting Harry's shoulder with his on his way out as Charlie just followed silently.

Nick was walking ahead of Charlie so Charlie sped up calling for him.

"Nick wait up!" Charlie caught up to him. "Hey what's up?" Charlie said in a soft voice. Nick grabbed his hand pulling him into an empty classroom but made sure no one could see them.

He knew Nick needed to talk. Charlie hopped onto the table his legs dangling down. Nick stood in between Charlie's legs. Charlie took Nick's hands rubbing the back of them in small circles with his thumb., he could tell their was a million thoughts running through Nick's head that needed to be said.

"Mkay... talk to me." Charlie softly said. Nick said letting go of Charlie's hands and resting them on his waist as Charlie rested his hands on Nick's shoulders.

"Charlie?" Nick slowly looked up at him.

"Yeah?" Charlie gave Nick a confused look.

"You know I'll always protect you... no matter what..." Charlie looked surprised. He's never had someone to protect him, well besides Tao. But this feels different. Charlie just sat there blushing.

"But... why?" Charlie asked. Nick just chuckled at Charlie's obliviousness. Nick took his hands off Charlie waist and cupped his face leaning his forehead against Charlie's as there nose's touch. Charlie's hands now holding Nick's wrist.

"Charlie you are... my favorite... person in the whole world. I promise, I swear on my life... I won't let anyone hurt you." Nick softly said. "God I... like you so... so much." Nick then kissed Charlie forehead. This is literally the happiest Charlie has ever been.

***

After the day ends Charlie walked out of the school but bumped into someone.

"Sorry." Charlie looked up and saw it was Tao and Isaac. Tao and Charlie just stood face to face.

"Charlie..."

"Tao..."

***
Hopefully they make up!

Sorry it took so long my phone broke but I got it fixed now so I'm back to posting!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.4K 2K 45
A Nick and Charlie fan fiction. Charlie and Ben have been dating for 2 years and recently moved in together. When Ben forgets to pick Charlie up from...
383K 14.4K 40
The rich kid with a perfect life is challenged to make the bad boy with a bad temper fall in love with him - and things get messy when he finds himse...
39.1K 678 40
Hello everyone! My name is Declan and I am from Britain🇬🇧 Heartstopper has become a huge part of my life and I want to explore my love for it as mu...
58.5K 1.2K 36
ALL CHARACTERS BELONG TO ALICE OSEMAN (Takes place in between books 3-4 and Nick is aware of Charlie's eating disorder) Charlie has been struggling a...