HEARTBEAT

By kaitlynxstoriiess

TRIGGER WARNING! Self harm, suicide, eating disorder, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, trauma THIS IS A NIC... More

MC
1. Friends?
2. Help
3. Real
4. Crush
5. Confused
6. Kiss
7. Feelings
9. Guilt
10. Boyfriend?
11. Out
12. Mess
13. Safe
14. Paris
15. French
16. Heated
Hiatus
Sorry...

8. Secret

304 3 1
By kaitlynxstoriiess

"Tao can you come help us with the glasses?!" Charlie yelled from the distance, where Tao was sitting with everyone else.

"Sure!" Tao yelled back, feeling like he had no other choice.

After that intense but quick make-out session, Charlie and Nick just got back to normal chatting and laughing as if everything was normal again, but that doesn't mean they aren't thinking about it. In the present, they started laughing because Charlie said something funny.

"You're cute!" Nick laughed which made Charlie blush. If Nick wants to play a flirt battle he can bet.

"Oh my god shut up! You're literally adorable though!" Charlie said, as they both giggled until they heard someone clear their throat so they turned around and saw Tao standing there. It gave Charlie deja vu from the park.

"Am I- am I interrupting... something?" Tao said awkwardly. Charlie was quick to find an excuse.

"No! We were just... chatting" Charlie said trying not to leave suspicions. It wasn't technically lying, because they were chatting.

"Okay?" Tao said confused. "You- you take those back I'll wait for the rest." Tao offered. Charlie gave a surprised look.

"You sure?" Charlie asked. Tao nodded giving a slight but fake smile.

"Yeah." Tao murmured. Nick thanked the worker and they walk away, but Charlie stopped for a few seconds to turn around and look at Tao. They made eye contact then Charlie turned back around and walked away.

Tao honestly felt like he was just losing Charlie slowly. As soon as Nick and Charlie were seated, Darcy and Tara were smiling like they had something to say.

"We have something to tell you all." Darcy looked at Tara as she nodded approvingly.

"What?" Isaac asked. Tara and Darcy's smiles were about to burst if they didn't say it right away.

"We're together!" Tara said happily. Everyone didn't look surprised, they kind of already guessed it.

"Oh my god that's great!" exclaimed Nick, beaming.

"How come I didn't know this!?" Elle scoffed crossing her arms dramatically. She was the closest to them.

"I'm so happy for y'all!" Charlie cheered as Tara and Darcy looked at each other giggling.

"Maybe this will see if you and Tao will get together!" Darcy hinted. Tara nudged her signaling her to stop talking.

"Was this why y'all brought me here?! Was this just a set up?!" Elle asked frustratedly. Nick scooted closer to Elle.

"I also... have something to say," Nick admitted, which got everyone's attention. Charlie set his hand on top of Nick's encouraging him. "Me and Charlie... we're going out," Nick said nervously.

'Wow. That felt really good to say' Nick thought to himself. Charlie smiled at him so proud of Nick for telling someone for the first time. But also wondered if they still had to keep a secret at school.

"Omg! Charlie I'm so happy for you!" Elle then turned to Nick. " I mean I'm happy for you too but you didn't have to witness Charlie's extreme pining!" Charlie looked shocked.

"Oh my god! Shut up" Charlie screamed embarrassed. Everyone laughed.

"She's not kidding it was like twilight levels of pining!" Isaac laughed. Charlie covered his face with his hands literally so embarrassed.

"Please stop!" Charlie yelled. Nick's face softened, at Charlie's actions.

"Aww!" Nick chuckled, removing his hands from his face, admiring his amazing features. "Charlie don't be embarrassed it's cute!" Nick said, smiling.

"How did we not know this and we're the gay experts!" Tara said. Darcy laughed, and everyone turned to them.

"That's what I'm saying!" Darcy yelled, throwing her hands up in defense.

"So Nick are you like gay, or bi, what are you?" Elle asked. Nick's smile faded from his freckled face.

"Um I don't know what my sexuality is," Nick looked down. Darcy's face softened.

"It's okay Tara didn't know she was a lesbian until we kissed like six times!" Darcy revealed. Tara gave her a dramatically shocked look.

"It was two times!" Tara corrected her. Everyone started laughing at the mix up.

"Please don't tell anyone though!" Nick said in a sort of panicked voice, which probably answered Charlie's question about keeping a secret at school.

"No, no diffidently not!" Isaac said. Nick smiled knowing he's already fallen in love with Charlie's friend group.

"Yeah we wouldn't!" Tara said making Nick sigh in relief, knowing he could trust them.

"Does Tao know?" Elle asked. Charlie frowned, already assuming how he'd react.

"I haven't told him yet. I will! I just need to find the right time." Charlie said. Elle frowned knowing she couldn't even tell Tao.

"But he's the only one who doesn't know." Elle said. Charlie looked down, knowing Elle's right.

xx

After the milkshake café, everyone left except for Nick and Charlie. They wanted some alone time so they decided to stay back.

"Is it okay if we keep us a secret at school tomorrow?" Nick asked nervously. Charlie kind of predicted that would happen. But he wasn't mad one bit.

"Yeah! Of course! I don't expect you to come out to everyone at once!" Charlie said. He knows what it feels like to get outed, so he wasn't going to force Nick.

"You really are the best," Nick breathlessly said. Charlie giggled as he hugged him wrapping his arms around his neck pulling him down to his height, as Nick hugged back wrapping his arms around his waist pulling him closer resting his chin on his shoulder. They rocked side to side then he lifted Charlie up off the ground spinning him 360°.

"Oh my god! Put me down!" Charlie laughed. Nick set him down chuckling.

xx

Truham Grammar:
They walked in Truham together, just chatting and laughing, but still keeping a distance. Nick yanked Charlie into an empty classroom, dragging him and slamming him against the shelf so aggressively that he made it shake. Charlie gasped as Nick had an evil smirk on his face.

Nick smashed his lips into Charlie's as they made-out their lips moving on beat. They were lost, kissing for a few but then Charlie remembered they were at school so he pulled away.

"Kissing at school is a terrible idea." Charlie said giggling. But Nick didn't care, he laughed,

"So?" Nick leaned back in as they connected their lips again continuing where they left off.

xx

"Charlie's late... again to maths," Tao rolled his eyes as he told Isaac who was just sitting there reading minding his own business.
"He's been doing that a lot lately" Tao said. But Isaac knew he was right.

"Well... maybe he's with Nick." Isaac suggested. Tao scoffed angrily.

"Ugh I'm sick and tired of hearing that name!" Tao yelled. 'Like he's not the one bringing it up', Isaac thought.

"Tao Xu! Do you need to step out the classroom!?" The teacher said alerted. Everyone's attention was on to him.

"No sir," Tao tried to hide his embarrassment. Tao pulled out his phone out, and entered Elle's Instagram.

"We should have a film night at my house after school!" He texted Elle. His fingers moving aggressively.

"Sure I'll be there!" Elle typed back. Tao smiled slightly before putting his phone away.

xx

Higgs Grammar:
Tara and Darcy both noticed Elle texting they obviously knew it was Tao it was kind of obvious by the way she's smiling right now. They already know she has a crush on him, she just won't admit it.

"Elle what are you doing?" Darcy asked, because she's been on her phone half of lunch period already.

"Probably texting Tao," Tara teased. That definitely got Elle's attention and she looked up from her phone finally.

"Why are you implying!" Elle exclaimed, smirking like an idiot. Darcy grinned.

"What do you think I'm implying?" Darcy asked. Elle set her phone down, smiling then she looked up at Tara and Darcy.

"I think I have a crush on Tao..." Elle admitted. They both squealed. Elle immediately regretted telling them.

"Oh my god, I knew it!" Tara laughed. Darcy nodded eagerly agreeing with Tara.

"Shut up! It's not like I can say anything, he probably doesn't even like me back!" Elle denied. Tara scoffed at Elle's assumptions.

"You don't know that!" Tara said. Elle rolled her eyes, annoyed about the subject.

"I definitely do!" Elle clarified. Darcy then buts in the conversation and says,

"You don't even want try telling him-

"No! Can we just please talk about something else?" Elle cuts of Darcy. Both of them look shock.

"Ugh! Boring," Tara jokes rolling her eyes. Darcy and Tara give a contagious laugh.

xx

Meanwhile, Nick and Charlie were in form as usual trying to keep it low key but they were kind of obvious. The people are oblivious if they haven't figured it out yet. Nick chuckled at the fact that Charlie's hair was sticking up. Charlie gave him a confused look.

"Y- you're hair is sticking up" Nick fixed it then moved it out of his face making Charlie blush.

"Oh sorry..." Charlie said embarrassed.

"No, no, no, don't apologize. It's cute." Nick chuckled.

"I think you have a thing for my hair" Charlie teased.

"Maybe I do" Nick flirted as he got so close Charlie was literally freaking out.

***

Charlie and Nick were at rugby practice Charlie was horrible at it but Charlie was on reserved right now and he forced Tao to come so he wasn't alone.

"Charlie so you've been hanging out with Nick a lot lately huh?" Tao asked.

"Uh yeah! He's literally the nicest person in the world!" Charlie said.

"Wow seems like he's replacing your best friends" Tao scoffed.

"Tao... you know that's not true!" Charlie reasoned.

"Really...? When's the last time we hung out as a group?" Tao asked obviously frustrated.

"I'm... sorry-

"And when we do hang out as a group it always involves Nick!"

"Tao-

"I'm actually starting to think if you and Nick really are together!" Charlie looked down.

"You are! Aren't you!"

"I was gonna tell you I swear!" Charlie yelled.

"When did you tell everyone else?"

"The... milkshake cafe..." Charlie admitted.

"That was ages age! Ugh I can't believe you told everyone else except for you're closest friend!"

"Tao you know it's not my secret to tell!" Charlie tried to reason with him.

"But you told everyone else except for me!" Tao yell angrily tears forming in his eyes as if they forgot they were on the rugby field.

"I'm sorry-

"No, I got to go!" Tao stormed off.

"Tao wait-

"You're not invited to our film night after school!" Tao yelled.

Charlie's chest was getting tight and he felt as if he couldn't breathe. His breathing got faster. His legs felt weak. Oh my god is his having a panic attack. This has never happened.

"Charlie!"

***

Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 678 40
Hello everyone! My name is Declan and I am from Britain🇬🇧 Heartstopper has become a huge part of my life and I want to explore my love for it as mu...
25K 423 26
WARNING: Mature readers only. Read at own risk. Stories contain even amounts of fluff and smut. Ever wonder what Nick and Charlie's wedding will be...
12.2K 237 31
A reversed story between Nick and Charlie if everything that happened from day 1 turned out to be completely different.
262K 18.4K 45
What do you get when you put a neurotic failed jock and the guy he used to bully in high school in one apartment? Well, an interesting situation. Tha...