Pedestrian |✓

clumatic द्वारा

| e d i t i n g | Pedestrian adjective; pe.des.tri.an \pə-ˈdes-trē-ən\ Not interesting; dull - ordinary. Ord... अधिक

| 00 | n o t e
|1| s t r a w b e r r y
|2| b u r g e r
|3| s l u r p e e
|4| s p a g h e t t i
|5| p o p c o r n
|6| p a n c a k e
|7| w a f f l e
|8| n u t s
|9| b e e r
|10| f r a p p e
|11| b a n a n a
|12| v a n i l l a
|13| s n i c k e r s
|14| s p r i t e
|15| s o u p
|16| l a y s
|17| j a l a p e ñ o
|18| c h e r r y
|19| c u p c a k e
|20| p a s t r y
|21| g u m
|22| p i e
|23| a p p l e
|24| b a r b e q u e
|26| c h e e t o s
|27| o r a n g e s
|28| c h i p s
|29| b a g e l s
|30| c o c o a
|31| m i l k s h a k e
|32| f r i e s
|33| p o p s i c l e
|34| s u g a r
|35| c o o k i e
|36| s a l t
|37| m i n t
|38| v o d k a
|39| c o f f e e
|40| c a s s e r o l e
|41| c a k e
|42| f r o s t i n g
|43| i c e
|44| c h o c o l a t e
|45| p i z z a
|46| m a r s h m a l l o w s
|47| m u f f i n s
|48| s k i t t l e s
e p i l o g u e
f a c t s / Q & A / n o t e / othrs
| b o n u s |

|25| o n i o n

1.9K 142 53
clumatic द्वारा

After Mrs. Ford called Austin and Mr. Ford's arrival (who's now currently changing upstairs) they all left us to feed ourselves and savor Mrs. Ford's amazing cooking. We even met their Wiener dog named Fita. I was so jealous that Austin has dog and he bragged it to my face while playing with Fita's huge ears before he went back into the kitchen to assist his mom.

Stupid BJ.

"Austin's probably pissed right now since we laughed at his nickname," Julie thoughtfully said, popping a potato chip into her mouth.

"Ohhh! You guys were so mean! BJ's probably weeping inside," Exclaimed Stephen who's laughing loudly.

Tori threw a fry at him, pumping her fist in the air when it hit his forehead. "You're so mean Stephen."

Stephen picked up the fry that fell onto the ground and shoved it into his mouth, munching heavily on it. Even moaning loudly to tease us more. Somehow the fact that he's friends, well best friends with Austin still surprises me. I mean, do opposites really do attract?

"Ew!" Tori muttered in disgust, throwing a pillow at him which he easily dodged.

"Gosh I can't believe I dated you!" Kayla absentmindedly said and her eyes widened when all our heads snapped towards her.

"You guys dated?" Vincent asked in complete bewilderment, his eyes flickered over from a surprised Kayla to a smug-looking, munching Stephen.

It's not actually a surprise to me anymore that Vincent and the rest doesn't know this teeny, tiny information. I, myself forgot that they dated and I'm Kayla's best friend. What more these people?

"Whoa! You guys did?"

Stephen nodded nonchalantly and turned his head to look at Kayla. "Yep! two months. . . I think. Ask Kayla, right? Was it two months?"

Kayla stayed stiff and silent, her wide eyes flickering over at all of us.

"Hey baby, don't you dare deny it." Stephen threw Kayla a sultry wink, who squirmed in her seat and gagged.

"Stop it! You're making me puke."

Stephen shook his head in amusement, abruptly standing up from his seat and sauntering towards Kayla who squirmed harder. My eyes watched them intently with a grin on my face, following every move they make. Oh this is gonna be interesting.

His face got deathly near to hers, making her visibly swallow. He placed both of his hand on each of the chair's arm and smirked, probably knowing that he had her trapped - just the way he wanted. "But that's not what you said when we kissed heavily in my backseat baby."

"Ohhh!" We chorused, the boys let out whistles and hoots and I can't help but chuckle a little at Kayla's flushed red cheeks and wide eyes.

"You're such an ass!" Kayla pushed his chest harshly away and glared at him. Her eyes narrowing into slits as she huffed out and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Whoa!" Vincent whooped, bouncing in his seat as he watched Kayla and Stephen's exchange but Lily shushed him, causing them to have their own murmured banter at the corner.

Stephen chuckled and walked back to his chair. He gave Kayla a wink and ran his fingers through his blonde hair, acting oh-so smug and sexy by biting on his lower lip playfully. "Oh baby, that's why I am best friends with BJ."

And that's how we burst out laughing again.

"Hahahaha why is it BJ anyway? I mean no offense but... I've never imagined Austin as someone who has a nickname aside from his actual name. So why?" Lily asked Tori in between laughter.

Tori who just drank from her glass of soda grinned widely, a nostalgic look crossing her features. "Because, Austin's second name is Jeremiah. So it's Austin Jeremiah Ford. Baby Jeremiah or BJ when we were younger. It just stayed till now, I guess."

"Oh..." Lily drawled out, nodding her head understandingly.

Austin Jeremiah Ford. . . Not bad.

Nodding my head along with Lily, I took some onion rings from the square-plate laid in front of us and threw it into my mouth. I wrinkled my nose a little from its flavor and quickly drank some Sprite from the glass in my hand to clear my tongue.

But of course too much soda isn't that practical.

"Guys I think I need to go to the comfort room," I announced, standing up and placing the glass carefully down onto the table.

"Oh it's at the left side of the kitchen. The huge wooden door with carvings," Stephen told me, pointing at the sliding doors of the house that are covered with thick beige curtains.

"Thanks."

I made my way inside the house. Walking slowly over to the door at the left side of the kitchen, I looked around and took in the view. I smiled a little, seeing that most things are still made out of wood. From cabinets, drawers, window frames and floors - all are polished out to be shiny from the varnished coats. It somehow made their house look more homey.

After taking a quick break and checking myself in the mirror (because it's just impossible to ignore the huge mirror on the wall if you're alone and no one can see your vanity) I smiled at my reflection and went out of the comfort room, only to be greeted by the beautiful sound of the piano, playing.

Being the naturally curious person that I am, I followed the sound. Knowing that it's coming from the grand piano at the living room of the house. I took small cautious steps towards the living room and hid myself behind the wall that separates the kitchen from it. Sticking out my head a little, my face broke into a grin when I saw Austin's back, faced to me as his fingers rhythmically touched each keys, producing heavenly sounds of music.

It started at a lively and familiar tune but I couldn't make out the song so I took a few steps forwards, crouching down to hide myself behind their huge couch and my eyes widened more when I heard a faint sound of Austin's voice, singing the lyrics.

Whoa.

Crawling slowly towards the other couch to hear his voice properly, I looked behind my back to see if anyone's around who might see my craziness and heap out a breath of relief when I saw none.

"Well you were almost there almost mine...yeah they say love ain't fair." I tried to control the squeal that threatened to escape my lips upon hearing his voice, by forming a fist over my mouth. He's not an awesome singer, just like when he sang It's My Life by BonJovi but still. No amount of giddiness can match the giddiness that you feel when you hear your crush sing.

It's just magical. Blissful and ugh.

"But I'm doing fine. Cause I swear it's you I swear it's you, I swear it's you that I've waited for."

Am I in heaven?

When I tried to crawl closer towards him, the watch that's loosely wrapped on my wrist clacked against the floor, causing Austin to abruptly stop and to look around cautiously. I gasped loudly and my mouth hung open. His eyes roamed around until it landed on me who's smiling at him sheepishly as I crouched down on my knees and palms. "He he. Uh nice playing!"

"What the heck are you doing there?" He indignantly asked, turning in his seat to glare at me.

I sat up straight, folded my legs beneath me and cleared my throat awkwardly. "Oh nothing. I was just... Just... Fine! I was listening to you," I huffed out, slouching my shoulders in defeat.

Now this is how my life is gonna end. I'm gonna get thrown into the river and be found a week later with my body limp and lifeless.

"Sit down," he said with a blank face.

I furrowed my eyebrows together and rolled my eyes at him. "What? I'm already sitting down. Can't you see?"

It was his turn to roll his eyes and to release a frustrated groan. "I meant beside me, dummy."

"What if I just go out and pretend that nothing happened? Cool huh?" I offered in a sickly-sweet voice as I wiggled my eyebrows at him.

"You don't wanna hear me sing? Okay." He shrugged nonchalantly and turned his back to me, to face the piano.

Forget this ever happened or hear my crush sing?

"Wait! Scoot over!" I quickly stood up from the floor, dusted my jeans and walked over to him. Shoving his shoulder harshly to get him to scoot. "So why are you here?"

"Because I am pissed and I want to cool down before goin' out."

"Pissed huh? About what? The BJ nickname? I find it cute, really."

"Psh."

"Psh, psh, psh. Pshhhh! Hey! You sound like a soda bottle!" I exclaimed, grinning widely at him who had his eyebrows furrowed together in annoyance.

Choosing to act all macho, he ignored me and pressed one key. He sighed and pressed it again but this time it was followed by more keys - producing a beautiful melody.

"Now I stared at you from across the room until both my eyes were faded. I was in a rush, I was out of luck... Now I'm so glad that I waited. Well you were almost there, almost mine...yeah... They say love ain't fair but I'm doing fine..." He sang softly, as if almost in a whisper with a small smile on his lips with every key, his fingers touched.

"Cause I swear it's you, I swear it's you, I swear it's you, that I've waited for

I swear it's you, I swear it's you, I swear it's you, that my heart beats for...

And it isn't gonna stop. No it just won't stop."

I just stared at him, probably looking like an idiot with a giddy smile on my face. Watching his every move, hearing every sound and feeling every word matching the beat of my heart in a sweet melody as he continued to sang.

"I swear it's you." He sang the last line a little louder and looked right into my eyes, as his fingers lightly hover over the piano keys. "In love with me already?"

Recovering from the shock, I scoffed loudly and waved my hand dismissively in his face as I tried to escape his gaze by looking away. "Oh please it takes more than One Republic's Won't Stop, to make me fall in love."

Maybe you can do a little dance number too?

"Really? Even if I look at you, like this?" He gently grabbed my chin and forced me to look right into his eyes, making me swallow hard and to scoot further away from him.

Lub dub. Lub dub.

My heartbeat ran faster in my chest, my throat tightened as I tried to held his gaze, as I tried to look into his beautiful hazel eyes that are watching me intently, sending me into a sea of emotions, a sea of bliss. Drowning slowly, ever so slowly that I-I. . .

I can't breathe.

His face got nearer and his shoulder brushed lightly against my mine, sending my heartbeat into an overdrive, into a crazy frenzy with no rhythm, but just colorful and loud explosions of emotions. His breath smelled of orange juice is warm against my nose and that's when. . . That's when I realized, I ate onion rings earlier, causing me to abruptly stand up with my eyes wide open.

"Whoo! It's uh... I'm thirsty! Let's go out?"

What? Who wants to kiss their crush when they have onion breath? Definitely not me.

Austin who's looking anywhere but me, cleared up his throat and nodded his head. He closed the lid of the piano before standing up and walking alongside with me towards the backyard where our friends are all waiting.

Lub dub. Lub dub. I inhaled and exhaled, trying to control my unsteady breathing and pounding chest. It was like my heart have gone into a havoc and just danced wildly without any plans of stopping.

And somehow, what happened earlier made me wonder. . . Does his heart beat the same way for me? Oh gosh, I'm insane.

"What took you guys so long?" Stephen asked in a malicious tone, looking at us suspiciously as we reached the patio.

"What?" I asked in a tone that screams I am innocent in all angles.

"She helped me put the cookies into the oven," Austin answered coolly, as if what happened earlier didn't affect him one bit. And that made me frown, that somehow he denied that he played a song in front of me, that he asked me (jokingly) if I was already in love with him. That we almost kissed, or maybe it was just my imagination. It was just me again; being stupid and high because I thought that we were about to kiss.

Ana, you're cool. Chill. Take deep breaths.

"Hurry up! We're about to do a Karaoke Match! Boys versus girls. We're gonna kick their butts," Lily gushed, holding out two microphones in front of us. Austin unwillingly took the other mic from her and held it awkwardly.

"Why me? You go first!" I pushed the mic towards her but she only shoved the it harder to my chest.

"No. You guys first! You came late."

"I was in the bathroom!"

Lily shook her head disappointingly and squinted her eyes in menace. "Excuses, excuses. Now sing."

"Lily!" I groaned, widening my eyes at her. Mentally sending a message that I can't sing with Austin, in front of a lot of people. Nope, not gonna happen.

"C'mon! Stop being a buzz kill." She stomped her sneakers loudly onto the bricked patio and waved the mic in my face.

Sighing in defeat, I snatched the mic from her grasp and glared at her. "Punch in - It's My Life!"

Everyone cheered and hooted, even Patrick who's usually quiet and polite let out a wolf whistle. "Go A!"

Nodding my head, I grinned widely at them before facing the T.V. and blasting out the first line. "This ain't a song for the brokenhearted!"

But somehow, deep inside. . . I know it is. It's the first song we sang together and maybe the last one too. Because maybe, I am just hopelessly dreaming that he can like me too.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Song: Won't Stop by OneRepublic :)

Ahh. Gosh guys it has been 9 days since my last update can you believe that? I'm so sorry for those who were waiting and for those who sent messages. Let's pray that I have more time nest week. I miss Wattpad so much and all of you.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you!

This is dedicated to ladyxmisfit thank you! And Ily too :)

Question: If you were Anna, would you back out from Austin's nearing face too? And would you think would happen if she didn't stand up?

Answer: Honestly? I dunno. How 'bout you guys? Leave your answers and conclusions on what could've happened on the comments sections below :)

darn it this is my last draft :(

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

116 10 15
Ava is an ordinary girl who leads an ordinary life. From the moment she met this guy called Harry Styles, she had feelings for him. They were about t...
ALONE andrijanaaa द्वारा

एड्वेंचर

1.1K 133 33
Meet Anna,normal teenage girl with parents who don't care about her.One day someone comes in her life and everything is different.That someone is nob...
Never Walk Alone Drew:) द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

526 81 19
Quiet, heartfelt Annalise Bonnadesa is used to being alone and outside all of the time. When she hits age thirteen, she starts feeling different. She...
206 14 40
When Anna's life long best friend Molly died from a rare genetic disease the freshman year of high school she had one last request for her - take car...