Canyon Moon || One Piece

By Holly698

In which a girl that's terrible a baking, but great with knives meets a bunch of non-pirate, pirates. Or In... More

Act 1
Canyon moon
New friends?
The map
Circus freaks
Expensive ships and large mansions
Dinner party chaos
Well, well, well...
Swords are different than knives
Food and flirts
Bets and challenges
Reminiscing dreams
Helping innocence
Even harsher truths
Fighting for justice
Fighting family
Bloopers

Harsh truths

1.3K 35 44
By Holly698

THE GIRL WITH THE SAWFISH TATTOO

She was watching the dolphins swim next to the ship, some speeding away to swim infront. "But you said five degrees starboard." Usopp said, the two had been listening to Buggy give instructions and it was never completely accurate.

"Yeah, it's the other starboard, Captain Shit-tastic." Buggy yelled back.

"At first I thought it was a good idea, clearly I was wrong." Sora apologised to Usopp.

"Hey, I thought clowns were supposed to be funny." Usopp replied.

"What was that?" Buggy asked them both. "Why don't  you say it to my face?"

"Yeah sure. You're a-!" She turned to clown holding a strong glare.

"Hey! Morning, champ." He chuckled at his interruption. Sora rolled her eyes, looking towards Zoro instead.

"I know Sora made a deal with you to find Arlong, clown, but if this another trick-" Zoro started.

"What are you going to do? Bleed on me?" He laughed. Sora took a step forward ready to throw him overboard, but Zoro grabbed him first.

Picking him up, Zoro held the head over the water. "I mean, a deals a deal, all right? You want your map back. I want my body."

"How do we know you're not leading us to a trap?" Zoro said.

"Zoro, buddy!" The clown shouted. "Honour amongst pirates. Right?"

"You have no honour." Sora said, walking towards where Zoro and the clown head was.

"Look, babe, you're ruining my cred here, you know?" The clown hissed out. The head dipped slightly, due to Zoro, making him panic.  "How about I sing a nice sea shanty to pass the time? Oh, there once was a girl with tangerine hair stole my map and left me stranded somewhere truly a crafty and crooked young lass. But you can't deny she had a spectacular-"

Zoro had walked away from the water and towards a barrel, tossing the clown in. "Was he about to say-?" Sora started eyeing the gross clown.

"Don't worry you do to!" The clown shouted, Zoro slammed the top of the barrel shut. Sora took a step back from his comment, wanting to go look at the dolphins instead.

"Zoro! Zoro! Come look at the dolphins." She leant over the railing, Zoro grabbing her quickly to stop her from falling into the dolphins. She just smiled at him in thanks.
His hand still resting on her back, just incase.

They decided to go up towards Sanji and Luffy. She skipped over to the two, whilst Zoro slowly walked behind.

"-with a pirate like Arlong." Was all she caught when she stood next to Sanji. "Nami clearly needs to be rescued."

"Her tattoo says different." Zoro walked over, glaring at Sanji.

"Tattoo smattoo." She rolled her eyes, they all looked at her. "What?"

"Tattoos don't tell the whole story. And like any woman, she's a mystery to be unravelled." Sora nodded to his words, until his last ones.

"No they're not." She eyed him, Zoro had a faint smile as he watched her glare at Sanji. "I mean, like, women ain't a mystery. People just choose not to understand. I think it's clear. Nami clearly has some secret past, which cause her to have to join. Maybe a deal, or something?"

"Nami made her choice." Zoro dismissed.

"You don't know why." Sanji said, glancing at Sora as if to agree with her previous ideas.

"Only thing I want to hear from you are dinner specials. You don't know Nami." Zoro snapped.

"Sounds like you don't know her very well either, moss head." Sanji argued.

"Shut it! Both of you! God! Comparing which one of you knows Nami better has nothing to do with finding her. She's with the Arlong Pirates, you idiots. Even is she did join willingly, it isn't safe. So stop arguing before I throw you both overboard. Sanji, you don't know Nami. You have only just met her and she left." Sora shouted out her Irish accent thickening, having enough of their petty problems.

"Sora is right. I'm sure Nami has her reasons. Whatever choice she makes I just need to hear it for myself." Luffy concluded.

"Land Ho!" Usopp screamed out. They all turned around looking at the land.

Sora walked past Sanji and Zoro. "Thanks." Zoro said, referring to her last comment made to Sanji about him knowing Nami.

"It wasn't for you." She said, continuing to walk past him towards Luffy.

They arrived on the land, walking through a desolate little village. The houses were messy, one even turned upside down. "Never seen that before." Zoro said.

"What could have done this?" Sanji asked, saddened by what they all saw.

"Maybe I should head back, make sure the Merry's secure." Usopp said, fearfully. Sora, who was behind him, raised an eyebrow and crossed her arms when he tried to turn back.

"Arlong did this." Luffy said, angrily.

"Hey, shit-hat! I think we can all agree that Arlong's a bad fish." Sora took a deep breath at the clowns voice. "But why don't we quit lollygagging and get my body back?"

"Who says lollygagging?" Sora squinted, shaking her head slightly.

"Pipe down in there." Sanji shouted to him.

"Or what? You gonna whip me up a soufflé?" The clown joked.

"No. I'll just make sure you'll never get your body back. It's not like we need you, we've made it to where we need to be." Sora said, leaning down to the bag so she could patronise him.

"Ohh, I love when you talk dirty." The clown chuckled dryly. Sora took a step back in pure disgust.

"Shut it, clown!" Zoro yelled, not even turning around.

"How about you take him for a while?" Sanji whispered to Usopp.

"New guy carries the clown head." Usopp replied, leaning away from the head. Luffy started to walk forward, signalling the rest to follow on.

The walked in on the town meeting. "We don't have much time, and we're short again this month." A man said, they watching money be put into a box.

The townsfolk tried to reason and worry, being cut short by a familiar voice. "No. You don't." A girl said.

She noticed movement from Luffy, reaching out to stop him. They didn't want to reveal themselves to Nami instantly. Zoro also reached forward to stop him from moving. The two looked at each other from behind Luffy.

They watched Nami and a girl with blue hair start to talk. It didn't seem friendly at all.

The towns people dispersed after Nami was given the money box. Finally, she turned around to see her crew.

"Luffy?" The girl stormed over. "What are you doing here?" She questioned, angrily.

"I could ask you the same thing." Luffy stated.

"This is where I belong." Nami argued, eyeing the group.

"I don't believe that." Luffy said. "This is not you."

"No. This isn't the me that you want me to be." Nami glared, Sora started to tear up at Nami's coldness. Luffy got closer and whispered to the girl, offering help. "No, I don't need any of you."

"Nami?" Sora whispered out hurt. Nami looked at the girl, remaining stoic, even at her watery eyes.

"Arlong wanted the map, and I conned you into getting it for me." The girl snapped her gaze away from Sora. Unable to bear the girls sad eyes. "And you brought it. I was never part of your stupid crew."

"You don't mean that." Luffy's voice cracking in pain.

"Take the rest of these clowns and sail away from here." Nami said, taking a step back. "I never want to see you again." She walked away.

A year finally dropped. It stung. Less than what she felt in her heart. But it stung. She felt all the build up of emotions in a single tear. She was worried for Nami. Angry at her. Hurt by her words. It stung.

"Okay, that went about as bad as it could." Usopp tried with a chuckle. Sora still stared at Nami's retrieving figure, slowly fading away. "So back to the boat before the fishmen find us? Sail the hell out of here? Okay."

"There's something else going on here. What is it you said earlier, Sora, something about Nami's secret past?" Sanji said.

Sora coughed out a quick response. "Erm, yeah, I just thought something would've made her join." She said, still staring forward.

"She was very clear she wants us to leave." Zoro said, involuntarily going to wipe Sora's tear that had fallen.

She flinched at the contact, her head turning towards him. His arm dropped at her movement, looking away quickly.

"You don't know women. They never say what they mean." Sanji replied, going to check Sora.

"Tell me again why the cook gets a say." Zoro said, freezing Sanji's movement so he could glare.

"Don't you guys get it? She's one of them." Usopp said. Sora spun round, watching Sanji and Zoro get closer ready to fight. "She's a bad guy. The villagers are terrified of her."

"Not all of them." Luffy finally spoke. "Hey! Scar guy." He yelled.

Sora took a deep breath, regaining her composure and followed Luffy. Zoro following soon after.

"Who was that lady?" Luffy asked the man. "You know, the one with the cool hair?"

"Who wants to know?" He sneered.

"I'm Monkey D. Luffy. I'm a pirate-" Luffy explained.

"Hunter." Zoro interrupted, they all looked at him. "Pirate hunter. We're here to collect Arlong's bounty."

"You? I've seen men twice your size and with twice your number go into Arlong Park. Non of them ever came back. Never mind that girl." He pointed a finger at Sora.

"I'll give a matching scar on the other side, watch it." She pointed a finger back at him.

"Look, we just want to talk to her." Luffy said, lowering Sora's hand.

"Trust me, you don't." The man said, also lowering his hand. "But if it'll get you out of my town, try the house down that road, on the edge of the tangerine grove." Luffy immediately walked away, the group eventually following.

They were walking through the fields. "Are you alright?" Zoro said quietly, his gaze remained in front.

"Yes. I'm fine." She said, looking up at him. "Nami's words just...got to me a little." She hesitated, unsure if he actually cared for an explanation and just wanted to be polite.

"You shouldn't let words hurt you. Just take away your meaning of them." Zoro tried to comfort. Sora just nodded, smiling at his words.

"I think I've got more of a boat body than a long-journey-on-foot kind of body." Usopp panted out. "Anybody else missing the ocean? No? Okay. I could go bring the bait around if we don't want to walk all the way back."

"Stop trying to get yourself out of the situation, Usopp." Sora said, smiling at the boy.

"What? I'm not doing anything like that?" He said, clearly lying. Does just rolled her eyes, tossing a tangerine towards him.

Eventually they made it the house, being welcomed with a large gun. "Turn around and leave. Now." Zoro took a step forward, slightly in front of Sora.

"That's what I've been saying." Usopp said, from behind Sora.

"Hey, I saw you earlier." Luffy grinned. "I think maybe you and I have something in common."

"I've got the gun, and you're standing in front of it." She clicked it as a warning. "What could we possibly have in common?"

"Let's start with Nami." Luffy said, remaining calm. "Seems you know her very well."

"She's a thief with no conscience." The woman insulted. "And when there's no more left to take, she leaves and doesn't turn back. Now get off my property."

"Nami's part of our crew." Luffy shrugged. "She's our friend."

"My sister doesn't have any friends." Sora's eyes widened at the mention of Nami being her sister. "The sooner you realise that, the better."

"Sisters. That makes sense." Sanji said with a growing grin. "Both as beautiful as each other."

"Give it up." Zoro rolled his eyes at the boy flirting.

"I can tell she really did a number on you guys." The blue-haired woman said. "You're not special, and I can't help you."

"How about a meal?" Sanji nodded.

"What?" She asked.

"An exchange of sorts for your valuable time and information." Sanji smirked.

"You cook?" She asked.

"He's a waiter." Zoro glared.

"He cooks." Sora nodded, just wanting to eat.

"Best cook in the East Blue." Usopp chimed in. "You never tasted anything better in your life. Usopp's word!"

"Ain't got much to cook with." The girl looked them all.

"You'd be surprised how much I can make with very few ingredients." He tilted his head, knowing he was winning her over. "What do you say? We have a little dinner, a little conversation."

"Fine." She finally lowered the gun. "But there's better be dessert." Sanji grinned, winking at Zoro mockingly.

"Sora. You can be my Sous-chef." Sanji said to her.

"Sous-chef? What does that mean?" She asked.

"It means your underneath me." He answered.

"I don't think I like that." Her eyebrows furrowed at his statement.

"Not like that, Sora." He grinned, offering her a hand which she took. He glanced at Zoro, who was already glaring at their interactions. They all followed in.

A/N
Only three more chapters after this 😭
Also might give a double update idk

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34K 1.4K 27
like her, the stars were never meant to fall. ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ONE PIECE (LIVE ACTION) ( SEASON 1 - SEASON ? ) fem! oc x various © rkiives 2023
56.6K 1.8K 23
Just a Luffy x Fem!reader, takes place at impel down and will be using stuff from the actual show so if you're not past episode 400 you might not wan...
5.5K 364 6
your touch is the only thing keeping me alive, you're my salvation so please don't ever leave ㅤroronoa zoro x fem!oc. ㅤextended summary inside. ㅤs...
7.9K 105 14
Luffy x Nami fanfic takes place between the whole cake and wano land. All are made up and have hypothetical situation,so no need to be serious just e...