Sweet Love (NG5)

By pseudoannie

(Complete) After decades, it's the end of an era on The Point. Change is inevitable and Will Drake doesn't li... More

Sweet Love
1 - No Hailey
2 - Virginia
3 - Family
4 - Home
5 - Secret
6 - The best two
7 - Nick
8 - Duty
9 - Spring break
11 - Kitty Kat
12 - Pops
13 - The Point
14 - Her dream
15 - Blacklisted
16 - Maine
17 - Retired
18 - The same
19 - New boss
20 - Change
21 - Secrets
22 - New
23 - Double agent
24 - The man
25 - Offense
26 - Limited
27 - Vacation
28 - Friends
29 - Chef to chef
30 - Womb mate
31 - Just friends
32 - Happiness
33 - Again
34 - Self centered
35 - For good
36 - Merry Christmas
37 - Tickets
38 - No secrets
39 - BFF
40 - Number four
41 - Tequila
42 - Chef
43 - Break
44 - Now
45 - Love
46 - Timing
47 - Yelp
48 - Venti
49 - Helpless
50 - Team
51 - Blah, blah, blah
52 - Commencement
53 - Favor
54 - After all
55 - Everyone
56 - Can't
57 - March

10 - Rumors

626 115 29
By pseudoannie

The week flew by and Nick was back in Florida with his finger inside Trinity teasing her. Her bronzed skin looked amazing except next to his paleness. Her manicured fingers were magical on his cock. What was he thinking about shallow because she was deep as he sunk into her?

With her again, he realized he had missed her. Holding her in his arms, he told her about the mystery boss, but she stopped him. "OMG! Did you hear about Kirk?"

Nick stopped caressing her shoulder. "What about him?"

"He was arrested."

Nick fist pumped. "Yes. I hope he get's raped in prison."

"OMG. You are so mean. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?"

"I'm sure the DNA will prove it. The poor girl."

Once again, he thought of Keira. He and Ben were not the type of guys who talked, but his friend confided in him about taking things very slow with Keira. Even after two years, he wasn't sure if they were doing it. Everyone assumed Nick was including people he preferred didn't.

Trinity opened her mouth, but Nick silenced her with his lips. Pulling back he said, "Before you say anything, remember she legally couldn't consent."

"Fine. We should go out to a bar. You're twenty-one and I have my fake ID."

"I'm happy here with you."

She giggled. "How was your birthday?"

"Good. Fun. We had dinner and cake at home with our friends. Then we went out for a couple drinks. Some of our friends are younger, so we just went to Bdubs."

"Seriously, when I turn twenty-one, I'm gonna do it right. I want a limo to take us bar hopping."

"You deserve a special night, but it's in July. We'll be at home."

"You need to come visit for my birthday."

"It depends on my work schedule. Plus, my father doesn't just buy me things like plane tickets."

She looked at him. "Are you poor?"

Nick chuckled. "No, but both my parents work. With tuition for two, they can't throw money around." It was a fib because their grandfather had a college fund for them, although Nick wouldn't have any money left for grad school. That was another reason to go to Portland.

He kissed the pout off her and then whispered. "I missed you."

His ringing phone interrupted their next kiss. His erection went down like a balloon without helium. "It's my mother. Hello."

"Nick, did you hear there was an assault on campus?"

"Mom, how do you know?"

She sighed. "You know I watch the news." She had to keep up on current events for her classes.

"I didn't know it was on the news. It happened before break."

"You knew about it?"

"Mom, rumors were rampant. Now the truth will come out."

"She was only two years older than Abbie!"

"Mom, don't make me sick. Seriously, plus her birthday is next month."

"You'll miss it."

"But I'll be home right after. Mom, I need to go."

"You know I worry."

"I know, but worry about the girls, not me." He hung up before she said she loved him. "Sorry. It was on the news. The girl is only two years old than my baby sister."

"Baby?"

"She's seven years younger."

"I thought your sister was our age."

"She is exactly my age, but I have two sisters."

Tide pool wouldn't remember. At twenty-one with a year left in Florida, he didn't need deep. The sex was good, and he never had to show up at a party alone. It wasn't what Ben had with Keira, but no one said things like 'when you're married'. Nick planned to finish grad school before getting married unlike his dad. He smiled because he would probably be a best man before he finished school.

When Renee called him into her apartment, his palms were sweaty. Things ran through his head like when his father looked disappointed. Usually he could guess, but he didn't think he did anything wrong. One of the best words to describe himself was conscientious.

When he saw a man with short sleeves and tie sitting at a small table, he relaxed, but immediately felt his heart race. Nick didn't want to be involved.

"Detective LaBonte has some questions for you."

He nodded with his mouth too dry to speak.

"You found the victim?" Again he nodded. "Where?"

He coughed. "Um, I was sitting in the lobby and she walked by me looking upset. I, ah, stopped her. She didn't tell me anything, but I saw blood on her leg. I texted Renee, and she took over."

The detective frowned. "What made you think you needed to report the situation?"

His mind raced through the events. Had he done something wrong? "Um, we had training to look for signs of distress. She was distressed, half dressed and her leg. I have a twin sister. I know girls and they fix themselves before walking outside." They certainly don't walk around with bloody cum on their thighs.

Renee cleared her throat. "We did extensive training with our RAs. I'm grateful to Nick for stopping her."

The man nodded. "Did you see which way she came from?"

He paused for a moment. "The stairwell."

The detective stood. "Thanks for your time, both of you."

"Wait!" Nick lunged out of his seat. The man turned back. "Am I a witness? I don't want to be."

He paused. "Did you see her come into the building with someone?"

"No. I wasn't in the lobby all night." He left when Trinity stopped by.

"Did you see her with anyone?" Nick shook his head. "We have physical evidence." He pointed his finger. "Don't tell anyone anything."

Nick shook his head. "I didn't tell my mother." He talked to Ben. When the detective left, Nick sunk into the sofa. "I need a drink."

Renee shook her head. "You're on duty tonight." She held up a bowl. "Chocolate?"

He took a piece and popped it in his mouth after unwrapping it.

Renee frowned. "I know it's hard, but I saw what you saw. We know the truth."

"Why are people on his side?"

She tilted her head. "I don't know."

"My girlfriend jumped to his defense right away. I didn't tell her. Why was she on campus? She's a kid."

"She came to visit her friend's older sister. No surprise they went to a frat party."

"I have a friend who was forced to touch and do things with her father's girlfriend's son. She was in her own home, well one of them. She hid it, but she had changed. The bubbliest girl stopped bubbling."

Nick remembered the surprise when Ben started hanging out with Keira. The two of them used to laugh about her crush on him. At some point, Ben decided he liked her too. Her brothers were overprotective and leery, but Ben proved he cared. With Ben, she bubbled again. A long line of guys wanted to take a swing at the guy who touched her. Nick would get in line behind Bryan, Ben, Cole and Sam. He would dedicate his punch to the little girl in the dorm room who didn't stop her assailant.

Nick sat in the lobby, not wanting to be alone. Trinity was busy watching reality TV. It was quiet, but Wednesdays weren't party nights. With his laptop on his lap, he typed a paper. Occasionally, girls walked by and said hi to him. Bored, he sent a message to Ben. When his phone rang, he smiled. "Hey."

"What's up? How's sunny Florida?"

"Okay. How's chilly Maine?"

"Cold. It's March, the month that never ends."

"You're lucky a few more months and you'll graduate."

"Except I'll be going to work all day while you're on the beach."

"I'll be working." He sighed. "For a new boss."

"Don't worry so much. It's The Point if he's not nice we'll run him out of town."

Nick laughed. "You sound like the old west, sheriff."

"Hi Nick." Giggles. He waved.

"Sounds like a harem."

"The perks of being an RA. All the girls know me."

"What about Trinity?"

"She's hanging with her friends. I'm on duty trying to write a paper. Do you think my mom will help?"

"Ms. Brenner will make you work for it." Ben had his mom for AP Government. "Speaking of Megan, I overheard her talking with my mom after you left."

Nick frowned. "Was she crying?"

"You know moms, they always miss us. She's worried about you."

"Me. I should have been voted least likely to get in trouble."

"No kidding. Even my dad doesn't drive the speed limit."

Getting a ticket was scary, almost as scary as talking with the detective. He kept thinking he would accuse him of the rape. His mind kept going over the scene, but he never touched her.

Ben chuckled. "She thinks your girl is using you."

"For what? She's rich and spoiled. Not me."

"Sex."

Nick choked. "There are hundreds of guys on this campus who would stand in line."

"Bad girls like good guys."

Nick laughed. "Where did you come up with that one?"

"Your mother. Then their voices went low and I don't think they were talking about you anymore. I heard my mother say party store. Who knows what unsuspecting person she is planning a surprise for this time."

"Abbie's birthday is coming up."

"That's probably it then. Any excuse for a party. My graduation party is going to be combined with the Memorial weekend party. I heard them say next year yours and Sophie's will too."

"At least I share the spotlight."

Ben laughed, but stopped and said, "Keira's waiting for me to call."

"Blame it on me."

Ben sighed. "She's not like that."

"I know. Just tell her I say hi."

"Okay. Later."

Later. Nick held his phone to his ear. Sophie would text or call him later. He might have called his mom, but he didn't want to hear her concerns about his virtue. That ship sailed one night on the beach like every other Point kid.

March turned to April, and Nick was counting the days until he went home. Trinity leaned against him as they watched a movie in his room. She had a roommate, and he didn't, so he didn't have to lounge around the sorority house. They hadn't had sex, but Nick's caresses were the precursor to foreplay. His phone vibrated.

"Ignore it."

"Let me see who it is?"

Ivy. She never called. "I have to. Hey, what's going on."

"My mom got the scoop."

"The mystery investor?"

"No, but Rick hired a manager. He's officially retiring right after we get home. Your grandmother is hosting the retirement party. It's a secret, but they invited all his past employees."

"I doubt my uncle will come."

"I heard he is."

"Seriously. I just hope we like the boss."

Trinity's fingers had slipped into his boxers, so he missed Ivy's response.

"Thanks for calling. I have to go."

Trinity pulled her hand out. "Who was that?"

"My friend, calling about work."

"A girl. You don't like her do you?"

He paused. "She's my friend. You're my girlfriend."

She slid her hand back down. "Don't you forget it."

Nick leaned back, Nope not likely.

Thanks for voting ⭐️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 308 28
Pessimistic Stephanie Thorne and her family just moved to a new town, and she's counting on a fresh start. Struggling to get settled, things began t...
535K 26.8K 65
Two complete different personalities would have to learn to get along and play nice in order to survive a will that would change their lives. For twe...
128 2 9
A boy named Nick meets a girl, her name was Celest. As Celest gets in major trouble, her entire school schedule gets changed. Coincidentally, she got...
670 63 17
Jodie has a crush on Ethan Majors, a popular senior who's destined to be the next big football star. But he has no clue about her feelings. When thei...