Saorsa

By Elijahtheshagger

After being disowned by her parents, fifteen year old Serena Verlice finds herself in a toxic relationship wi... More

Characters
Playlist
End of the line
Opportunity
Strain
Close
Hesitation
Disagreement
Girl's girl
Hour glass
Trouble in paradise
Separate ways
Cat and mouse
Two truths and a lie
As it was
Bonding
Commotion
Intricate
Red herring
Unearthing
Lead up
Desire
Lockdown
Brainstorm
Drunk actions, sober thoughts
Rubber
Running out of time
Truths and revelations
Vitals
Past lives
Slip up
Out at sea
The question
Unexpected
Inevitable
Cause, effect
Allies
The concert
Miscommunication
Deluded
Adrenaline
Dead man walking
Conceal
Sacrifice
Domino effect
Suspicion
Soul ties
Skyfall
Chance
Impending

Shrine

3.6K 107 30
By Elijahtheshagger

"Fucking idiot," I mumble under my breath as I climb through the first story window of James's apartment, marvelling at the fact that he left it unlatched.

I pull myself through gracefully, my combat boots landing quietly on the dingy carpet of what looks like a living room.

I pull out my pistol, firmly gripping it as I evaluate my surroundings.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion as I look around, the apartment being completely empty.

Except for a few scrunched up cans of redbull and some takeout containers there's nothing here.

No sofa, no tv, no fridge. There's not even a light bulb in the socket.

I second guess myself for a minute, wondering if I got the right apartment but I shake the thought away when I remember how I double and even triple checked.

I walk through the desolate room, creeping down the narrow hallway with my gun still in hand. I notice two doors so I approach the one closest to me, slowly placing my ear to the wood.

After pausing for a few moments and not hearing anyone in the room I push the door open, stepping into a tiny bathroom.

My eyes scan the room, drifting from the grimy tap, to the mould growing in all four corners and back to the handle as I close the door.

I start walking down towards the large door at the end of the hallway, only to stop dead in my tracks when I hear a thud from behind it.

My hand grips the gun tighter, my finger wrapping around the cold metal trigger. My steps are calculated as I approach the door, trying to make as little noise as possible.

The sound of shuffling continues from inside the room as I gently place my hand on the rusty handle, slowly pulling it down.

Without warning I ram into the room, aiming my gun as my eyes erratically dart in every direction.

A dog sized rat comes scuttling past my feet, effectively startling me.

I roll my eyes, realising the thuds came from the rodent running around the cluttered room but my annoyance quickly dissipates and is replaced with terror as I finally get a good look at the bedroom.

There's a singular mattress in the corner of the room, a sleeping bag and multiple food wrappers discarded on top.

Next to a window sits a desk, a laptop resting on top.

But what really catches my attention, whilst simultaneously making my blood run cold is hundreds of pictures of Serena plastered over the walls.

Pictures of her changing through a zoomed lens, pictures of her sitting in our car, pictures of her at the hospital, concert and hostel.

My mouth remains agape as I spend what feels like hours staring at the pictures, my mind a whirlwind of anger and concern.

The majority of the pictures are labelled with a date, time and location, meaning James has been tracking her every move.

The only thing keeping me sane is remembering that right this second she is protected by dozens of armed security guarding the house.

I pull out my phone and take numerous photos of the shrine and grab the laptop before returning to the living room, my mind racing with thoughts.

It's never been clearer to me that James needs to die and it needs to happen today. He's obsessed with my Serena and god knows what he'll do if he gets to her.

He already got too close to her at the concert and thanks to me letting her wonder off alone he almost raped her.

I won't let him touch her again.

I place the laptop on the kitchen counter before positioning myself so that I have a tactical view of the front door.

I pull out the pack of cigarettes from my back pocket and take one out, lighting it up and pressing it to my lips as I lean against the kitchen counter.

I'll wait here for him all night if that's what it takes.

"Wake up!" A voice shouts as two hands grip my shoulders, shaking me back and forth.

"What?" I grumble sleepily, scrambling to sit up.

Harper stands in front of me, clearly panicked as she hurriedly ties her hair into a messy ponytail.

"What's going on?" I question, her panic waking me up.

"We overslept, it's ten am and your appointment started ten minutes ago," She explains, approaching the bed.

"Get up," She commands, pulling me to my feet as I groan in annoyance.

"I'll go start the car hurry up," Miles calls out as he passes the bedroom door, speedily heading to the garage.

I begin rushing to go get changed but a realisation hits me before I make it to the wardrobe.

"Wait where is Emilio?" I ask, stopping in my tracks.

It occurs to me that I've never been late to an appointment before because Emilio always wakes me up on time or dresses and carries me out to the car when I'm too tired.

Harper bites her lip, looking awfully nervous.

"Harper.." I warn.

"He left last night and hasn't come back," She blurts out, shifting on her feet. "But Lucian has gone out to look for him," She adds hurriedly.

"What? Did he say where he was going?" I question, my heartbeat thumping as panic starts to set in.

"No but he messaged Lucian so I assume he's fine," She assures, trying to sound convincing. "We really need to leave now" She reminds me, pushing me in the direction of the door.

I've been hit with so much information in the past two minutes that my mind remains jumbled, confusion clouding my thoughts.

"Harper I'm still in my pyjamas," I stutter out, looking down at my pink pyjama bottoms and oversized hoodie.

She ignores me, pulling me through the house. I barley manage to slip on my Uggs before being pushed through the front door.

"Slow down," I tell her, barely being able to keep up with her as we head towards the car parked out front.

"If Emilio was here right now he'd want me to make you hurry," She mumbles to herself, opening the car door for me.

I duck down into the black Lamborghini, sitting in the front seat next to Miles as Tyler and Harper cram themselves into the back.

The ride to the hospital is quick but still much slower than it would have been with Emilio, Miles actually following the law.

As he pulls up in front of the hospital a wave of anxiety washes over me, the realisation that I've never done this without Emilio near by hitting me like a brick.

Worry wracks through me as I wonder where he is and what he's doing right now. I just hope he's safe.

"Stop worrying, he just went out to do some business," Tyler assures as we walk towards the hospital entrance, giving me a friendly pat on the shoulder.

We enter the hospital and I wave the three of them off as they go to wait in the canteen whilst I complete my session.

I travel through the hallway, surprising receiving no weird looks for my pyjamas as I make my way to the treatment room.

I have to stop and take breaks multiple times, my body much too weak.

After a tiring walk I make it to the forth floor, quickly shuffling into the familiar room.

"Sorry to keep you waiting Linda," I apologise as I sit down in the patient's chair.

"No worries sweetheart I was catching up on some paperwork anyway," She smiles, turning around in her chair to face me.

"Are you ready for what hopefully is your last treatment session?" She asks excitedly, her optimism refreshing.

I nod, swallowing the lump in my throat.

She starts explaining the course of action, droning on about how if the treatment doesn't work this time we can always start another round in a few weeks.

No matter how hard I try and concentrate on her voice I can't, my mind distracted as I think about one person, Emilio.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 31 13
Single mom Emilia Lombardi, escapes from the clutches of her daughter's abusive father and is staying with her childhood friend until she can get bac...
45.6K 1.5K 19
After a failed attempt at a relationship, I tried making it on my own, only to be saddled with a new neighbor who exuded charm, danger, and sexual en...
1.3M 27.8K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
160K 4.5K 23
"I have a goddess in front of me, it'd be a crime not to worship her." He whispered in my ear. His lips and hands met my skin anywhere they could. Hi...