Saorsa

By Elijahtheshagger

After being disowned by her parents, fifteen year old Serena Verlice finds herself in a toxic relationship wi... More

Characters
Playlist
End of the line
Opportunity
Strain
Close
Hesitation
Disagreement
Girl's girl
Hour glass
Trouble in paradise
Separate ways
Cat and mouse
Two truths and a lie
As it was
Bonding
Commotion
Intricate
Red herring
Unearthing
Lead up
Desire
Lockdown
Brainstorm
Drunk actions, sober thoughts
Rubber
Running out of time
Truths and revelations
Vitals
Past lives
Slip up
Out at sea
The question
Unexpected
Inevitable
Cause, effect
Allies
The concert
Miscommunication
Deluded
Adrenaline
Dead man walking
Sacrifice
Shrine
Domino effect
Suspicion
Soul ties
Skyfall
Chance
Impending

Conceal

4.1K 116 2
By Elijahtheshagger

I stir awake, the bright morning rays beaming down from the sun and annoyingly shining directly in my eyes.

I toss about for a few moments before peeling my eyes open.

I climb out of bed, noting the empty space where Emilio usually lies before heading to the bathroom. I peel off my clothes and stare in the mirror, analysing my puffy eyes before turning around and taking a look at my cut up back.

Last nights events come rushing back to me.

James, the knife, the forrest, his hands trying to pry apart my thighs-

"Serena?" Emilio's voice calls out as he enters the bathroom. I immediately pick up the hoodie off the bathroom counter and hold it in front of my body, feeling the need to cover myself up.

I don't remember much of what happened after I made it out of the woods so I'm not sure what exactly Emilio knows. It's not that I won't tell him either way but I'm not sure how many details I'd like to include.

He looks me up and down as I stand in front of him grasping the hoodie, his eyes a mix of sympathy and guilt.

"You don't have to hide for me, it's okay," He assures, approaching me and turning me around to get a look at my back.

"Do they hurt?" He ask, tracing one of the larger gashes. "A little," I reply truthfully.

He sighs, pulling me in front of him. I look up into his green eyes, unsure of what to say.

"You need to tell me what happened," He says after a few moments of silence, cupping my face and tracing my jawline with his thumb.

"I-" I stutter out, my words falling short.

"Okay," He breathes out. "Just go have your shower and we can talk over breakfast," He decides, nodding to himself. He pecks my lips before exiting the bathroom, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I climb into the shower, letting the hot water cascade down my body and wash off all the grime from yesterday. I'm in there for so long that the water starts scolding my skin.

Eventually I climb out, drying myself off before changing into a simple pair of grey joggers and a white crop top. I hear Emilio in the bedroom so I walk hesitantly towards the door.

I'm scared to tell him because I don't know how he'll react to the information that I saw James. I don't want him thinking I just skipped off into the woods to make out with my ex.

I walk into the bedroom, my eyes landing on Emilio who's laid out on the bed, his joggers hanging off his hips as he props himself up with his elbows.

"Took your time," He teases. I roll my eyes fondly, shuffling over to the bed.

"I didn't know what you wanted so I made one of everything," He smiles, looking proudly over the tray laying next to him.

"Wow you made all this?" I gush, looking down at the pancakes, hash browns, fruit, bacon, eggs and waffles all crammed onto a plate next to a tall glass of orange juice.

"Yep just for you," He smirks, popping the p.

"Thank you," I smile, wedging myself in between his legs. He sits up, placing both hands on my waist and pulling me down on top of him.

Our lips connect, his hand gently grasping the back of my neck. "Carful we're going to knock the food over," I giggle, pushing off him.

"Fuck it I'll make you some more," He breathes out, trying to plaster his lips back onto mine.

"Emilio," I laugh, swatting him away and crawling off him. I sit cross legged on my side of the bed, beginning to pick at my food.

After a few moments of silence I can feel his eyes burning into me, the questions he has returning.

"Serena," He breaks the silence.

"I know," I sigh. "What do you want to know?"

"Just tell me what happened after you went off to the bathroom," He asks softly. I pick at my food for a moment before deciding to just come out with it.

"Well when I was walking over I felt like I was being watched, then while I was waiting in line I felt someone staring at me," I explain.

He nods, encouraging me to go on.

"I looked around and then I saw him.." I continue.

"James." He finishes my sentence, hatred seeping off his voice.

"When I saw him I ran but he caught up, he had a knife and made me walk off into the woods with him to talk," I grit, my eyes glued to the tray of food in front of me.

"Then what happened?" He questions, trying to contain his anger.

"He said he knew about you and your family, he said you manipulated me and how we wanted me to come back home with him," I explain, trailing off as I try to decide if I should mention how he tried to get me to have sex with him.

"I told him it would never happen and then I managed to run back out to the concert," I tell him, avoiding eye contact as I stab my fork into the bacon.

"Okay," He nods. "Is that everything?" He asks, ducking his head ever so slightly to meet my eyes. "Yep," I chirp, sending him a tight lipped smile.

"Serena.." He trails off, knowing I'm hiding something. "What happened here then?" He questions softly, tracing the cuts running up my legs.

I go to open my mouth but I know the second I do I won't be able to contain my tears. I feel as if I might be being dramatic but I can't help it, just thinking about being trapped under his weight out in those woods makes my hands shake.

Emilio shifts closer to me, lifting my chin so I'll look at him. "Did he..?" He trails off, grimacing.

I shake my head, tears falling down my cheeks. "He tried," I tell him, my voice shaky. I start crying harder as Emilio pulls me closer, his large arms cradling me into his chest as sobs rack through my body.

His touch is soothing, calming me down quickly.

"I didn't want to-" I mumble into his chest, feeling the need to defend myself. "Ssh it's okay you don't need to explain," He assures me, softly stroking my hair.

He pulls me in front of him, wiping my tears away with his thumbs.

"You don't need to worry about him, he'll be dealt with very soon," He promises.

"What do you mean?" I sniffle.

He just looks at me, knowing I already know exactly what he means. "Emilio you can't go near him, he's dangerous ," I plead , anxiety lacing my voice.

He laughs, climbing off the bed.

"Emilio," I warn.

"Don't worry about it okay," He tells me. "All you need to worry about is eating all that food and getting ready," He leans down, pecking my lips.

"Getting ready for what?" I question, my eyebrows drawing together in confusion.

"You have another treatment appointment today."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 1.1K 56
Disclaimer: Any edit used in this book is mine. The pictures, however, have been taken from Pinterest and does not belong to me. Credit for the book...
644K 21.3K 64
❝I want to worship you like a queen. Every fucking day. And use you like my little slut. Every fucking night. Together, we can set the world on fire...
14.6K 422 37
Claire Morgan was accustomed to danger. She was raised in a world of con artists and scammers. From a young age, she knew the repercussions of the l...
3.9K 179 42
Book 1 of Ruthless Series A Dark Mafia Romance... Serena Alfero In world of Mafia you don't live, You survive. I survived but I wish...