Saorsa

By Elijahtheshagger

After being disowned by her parents, fifteen year old Serena Verlice finds herself in a toxic relationship wi... More

Characters
Playlist
End of the line
Opportunity
Strain
Close
Hesitation
Disagreement
Girl's girl
Hour glass
Trouble in paradise
Separate ways
Cat and mouse
Two truths and a lie
As it was
Bonding
Commotion
Intricate
Red herring
Unearthing
Lead up
Desire
Lockdown
Brainstorm
Drunk actions, sober thoughts
Rubber
Running out of time
Truths and revelations
Vitals
Past lives
Slip up
Out at sea
The question
Unexpected
Inevitable
Cause, effect
Allies
The concert
Miscommunication
Deluded
Adrenaline
Conceal
Sacrifice
Shrine
Domino effect
Suspicion
Soul ties
Skyfall
Chance
Impending

Dead man walking

4.3K 120 32
By Elijahtheshagger

"What the fuck happened?" Miles shouts, approaching the car with Lucian and Harper behind him as I prop Serena up in the front seat.

I close the door gently, turning to face them. "She had a panic attack and passed out," I sigh, the imagine of her terrified face gasping for her burned into my brain.

"What-why?" Harper stutters out, concern etched into the features.

"I don't know but something fucking happened," I grit. "She's covered in cuts and mud, her knees are all bloody and a girl told me she came stumbling out the woods begging for a phone," I explain, clenching my fists to try and release some of my anger.

"So you didn't see anything?" Lucian questions. "No." I grumble, furious I didn't find who did this to her.

"Our useless fucking security is searching the grounds now," I scoff, circling around the car to the drivers door.

We all climb in, remaining in tense silence as I start the car and drive off. I look over at her every few minutes, desperate to make sure she's okay, physically at least.

"You don't think I should take her to the hospital do you?" I ask no one in particular. "All this stress can't be good for her," I add anxiously.

"Well she has another treatment appointment tomorrow doesn't she? Maybe you should hold off until then," Miles suggests.

"Yeah we'll keep an eye on her tonight," Lucian agrees, lighting up a cig in the backseat. I nod, trying to push down the intense worry I'm experiencing.

The drive home consists of my skilful speeding, my priority to get Serena home as soon as possible.

We arrive home just as the sun goes down.

"Need help?" Tyler asks as I open Serena's door. "Nah I've got her but can you take in her bag," I ask, motioning towards her tote bag before gently picking her up.

I hold her limp body close to my chest, her arms dangling at her sides as I carry her into the house.

Everyone immediately collapses on the sofa, the day being too eventful and draining. I carry Serena through the house and to our room, carefully lowering her to the bed.

I quietly walk over to the oak dresser draws in the corner of the room, pulling out a pair of her pyjama shorts before heading to my side of the closet and grabbing one of my hoodies.

I return to the bed, peeling off her shoes and dress. I change her before tucking her under the silk sheets and quietly exiting the room.

"Is she okay?" Harper asks for the tenth time since we left the concert. "Still asleep," I mumble, running a stressed hand through my hair.

I sigh as I sit down next to her on the sofa, my mind racing with all the possibilities of what could have happened to Serena today.

I don't have much time to imagine because as soon as my thoughts start to race the doorbell rings.

Lucian groans, pulling himself off the sofa and shuffling over to the door. He opens it, stares at the person at the door for a second before moving out the way and allowing them it.

I roll my eyes at the two men who come sauntering in, our useless security guards. They avoid eye contact, probably still reeling from when I chewed them out not even an hour ago.

Lucian closes the door, joining us on the sofa as the two men stand before us.

"Sir we have an update on the situation that took place today," One explains. This peaks my interest so I straighten up from my slouched position, perching on the edge of my seat.

"We took the security footage from various of the venders at the concert as well as outside the bathroom and isolated any parts with Miss Verlice visible," He explains, placing a duffle bag on the coffee table.

"What's in there?" Lucian questions.

"Well we were only able to save the footage on this," He says, pulling a cd case out of the bag. "We just need a HDMI plug for our player," He explains sheepishly.

We all just look at him baffled, not even knowing what that needs. "Oh there's one in the tv just unplug my ps4," Tyler remembers, pointing towards the plug.

They do as they're told, plugging in the cd player and pressing a few buttons until eventually some surprisingly good quality footage pops up.

"So as you can see this is Miss Verlice leaving you and heading for the bathroom," One of them narrates.

Sure enough there we both are, me heading back towards the group and Serena happily wondering off in the opposite direction.

"She then shows up on the security footage outside the women's bathroom," He explains.

We watch in anticipation as Serena leans against the building, looking bored until suddenly her demeanour shifts. She straightens out, her eyes wide as she stares off into the distance.

"What was she looking at?" Lucian questions, his eyes still glued to the eery footage. "Keep watching," Our guard replies.

Serena looks terrified, standing utterly still for a solid thirty seconds before abruptly running off. The footage shows other women in the line looking confused until ten seconds later a large man runs off in the same direction as Serena.

"We believe he was the reason for Miss Verlice's disappearance," The guard says, his tone sure as he pauses on an image of the man. "We questioned witnesses and found that multiple people saw them walking off into the woods."

"James." Lucian announces, causing me to snap my head towards him.

"You think?" I question, drawing my eyebrows together as I analyse the man on the screen.

"Yes, the man pistol whipped me I think I'd recognise him," He rolls his eyes, reminding me how he escaped that night at the hospital.

I nod, agreeing with him.

"Good work you can leave," I excuse the guards and stand up. "I need you guys to watch Serena for an hour please," I request.

"Sure, why?" Lucian asks.

"I need to speak with dad," I reply vaguely, grabbing my jacket and storming out the front door.

I head to the garage, climbing on my bike and pulling on my helmet. I waste no time, speeding off into the dark night and leaving the house behind me.

I make it there quickly, parking crookedly in the drive.

I walk into the house, the smell of fresh cooking flooding my endorphins. "Mum?" I call out, travelling through the foyer.

"Emi!" My mum gushes, a glass of red wine in her hand as she stirs something over the stove.

"Emilio," Both my uncles Romeo and Alonzo greet at the same time. "How are you kid?" Romeo asks, approaching me and roughly ruffling my hair.

"Things could be worse," I mumble, reaching over to steal a swig of his beer.

"Yeah your mother told us about your girlfriend," He says sympathetically. I hum, knowing mum must have gossiped about every single aspect of my life.

"Yeah speaking of, I need to speak with dad," I announce, turning to mum.

"He's in his office," She says cheerily, clearly very tipsy. "Right," I nod, heading towards the staircase.

"Keep the bottle of wine open I'll be back down," I call out as I ascend the stairs, making my mum laugh.

I walk through the long hallways, passing various pieces of gold, expensive art works and sculptures.

"Dad?" I question, knocking on his office door. "Come in," He calls out.

I enter, sighing as I sit down in the leather chair opposite his desk. "You seem stressed son," He notices.

"You have no idea," I laugh, reaching to grab a cigar off his desk.

"What's this about Emilio?" He asks curiously. I light the cigar, images of Serena's terrified face on that security footage flashing through my mind.

"James Walker, I need him to become a priority," I explain, knowing my dad has a list of things to do and finding James wasn't very high up.

"What do you mean?" He questions, leaning back in his leather chair.

"I want him found and killed this week."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Macrina By Maya F

General Fiction

78.7K 2.8K 64
"Honestly, I think you're really gonna like New York." "New York? Like New York City, New York?" "The one and only," my cousin grinned, taking a swig...
1.3M 28.1K 59
[COMPLETED] _____________________________________________ "You're worth more than a fucking deal, Amara." __________________________________________...
1.7K 31 13
Single mom Emilia Lombardi, escapes from the clutches of her daughter's abusive father and is staying with her childhood friend until she can get bac...
11.1K 171 12
Amina is 23 years old and just ended the college for nursery and has been working at a small hospital at big New York for 2 months. Her dad is a doct...